New titles suggestion

38 minutes ago, Wafflebasket.5649 said:

Hi,

I think anet can make some easy money by adding pronoun titles to the gem shop.

You slap down 600 gems to have pronouns as a title.

Thoughts?

Anet making money isn't a good enough reason to suggest something.  Player excitement and engagement is.  Monetizing social movements for profit is probably bad.  

Why would you be excited about having Pronoun Titles added to the game?  Why should other players be excited about this suggestion?

• Thanks 1

For RP'ers?  I think they would just ask in character?  

Otherwise it feels too gimmicky, almost crass and disrespectful.  I fully support someone's choice of pronouns, irl or in character, but I don't think it's something that needs to be a cash grab for business like a bad bumper sticker.  

I'd prefer that if players wanted this, that they could offer a little parentheses beside a name (i.e., he/him, she/her, they/them) as an optional thing.  Players could toggle it on if they so choose.  But not as a gem store item.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think the usefullness of this would be limited by the fact that you can only see a character's title when you're looking at them, people in your guild and people you're talking to in chat who aren't close by won't be able to see it. Even people you're in a squad with often won't be able to see your title and probably won't think to check. Also if it's relevant they can tell you what their pronouns are.

• Like 3

Hmm i wouldnt say no , to a Vault title that starts a journey and you can get it by playing your favorite mode (keeping that mode alive) and they can sell colors for the titles  in the Gemstore (funding that mode).

(RNG different timeof availability  offered in Gemstore and Vault and willl be a little pain vs readily available tittles )

(raid sellers , selling the titles might be affected , but we dont care)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 3

I don't think many players would actually want this. Maybe RPers? I think anyone who is this invested in socializing is probably using discord, and likely already has pronouns marked on their discord. For anyone wanting this in-game, they can easily put a pronoun in their character name. I certainly have no interest in switching out a fun title showing off some accomplishment to make my character look more like my E-mail signature. 

(p.s. I say this as a trans person)

• Like 2