Obvious bug in new Homestead system: The Mining Collection box skips 2 nodes.

Update, I tried it again with some changes. I put the scavenger glyph back in, but I once again waited a solid minute after opening the wood box before opening the mining box. This time it collected all  the nodes again. 

It's the timing, I'm certain of it now. If you rush opening the boxes too fast, it fails to pick up two of the nodes for some reason. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think I have most nodes, but I ALWAYS double check they've been gathered just in case.

There is however another 'possible' bug with the collection boxes…

IF you're doing the dailys and your told "Collect X of Y using Z", harvesting the nodes manually adds them to the dailys count BUT using the 'collection box' does not, it will harvest them but that's all.

Edited by Talis Whitewolf.4183

I have also all nodes and its totally random what happened with the mining box. Sometimes its collecting all mining nodes and today i had 3 nodes left. Im watching this problem a few days now too and every day is totally different.

Watchknight for mining box

Volatility for logging and harvesting box

Edited by Mutator.7981

I had this occour a few times when gathering plants -> wood -> ores in a row.

However, I started sharing my home and therefore gather the plant ones at the end of the day (so other players can grab my garden plants).

Now I gather wood -> ores in a row and plants at the end of the day.  I never had this bug occour since doing so.
Maybe simply gathering ores first (or second) is the trick?

• Confused 1

Heyhey,

i ve got the same problem. Not only in the homestead but also in the guild halls. I was wondering today, if it is mabey too much input in a short period of time, so i was waiting before the mining box until all the items have "flown in" on the right side. AND IT WORKED. will be trying this the next days again. Would be nice tho, if they would also be capable of picking up more items faster 🙂

for record: got all the nodes in homestead with volatile magic glyph, in guild halls are also the mining and logging nodes affected, which are the ones with the most output and quantity of items, so my thesis could be right haha

Edited by Gwandolina.5860

On 9/18/2024 at 2:58 AM, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

The only Node that is skipped for me on a daily basis is the [ Wintersday Tree of Generosity ].

The Wintersday Tree has you collect the gift, not chop the tree. Hence, it does not count as a tree.

I am confused, though, why the Orrian Oyster tank, which is gathered as a plant, is not auto-collected alongside all the plants. 🤷‍♀️ Does it auto-collect yours, since you also have all the nodes?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I am confused, though, why the Orrian Oyster tank, which is gathered as a plant, is not auto-collected alongside all the plants. 🤷‍♀️ Does it auto-collect yours, since you also have all the nodes?

For me it indeed get gathered together with the plants.

I kept an eye on it because it's weird place. I assumed it gets gathered with the trees (bc of the position), but when checking I saw it gets gathered with the plants.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

For me it indeed get gathered together with the plants.

Okay, good to know. 🙂 That means I have no gathering bugs in my Homestead.

Wonder if ANet will explain if it's the choice of Glyphs that causes this bug for some.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

Just tested this out by collecting the ore first, then the timber, then the plants. Ore was fine, timber was fine. Plants left two uncollected!

This is with a full homestead, all plants/wood/ore nodes in place.

So it's down to how many collections you are trying to make in a short period of time, not specific to ore. Hopefully this helps the Devs figure out the solution.

• Like 1

I thought this was reported a while back and a patch fixed it? Random days I would still go to the mine to check if any nodes are still there after the box collection and so far so good. I use VM glyph for the farm box and UM for both logging and mining boxes. Guess I'll have to pay more attention now.

• Like 1

I haven’t had this problem, but the timing idea is interesting. I use a volatile glyph, but pull it out of my pick everyday and move it from box to box. I go left to right, so do the stand alone racks, then the plants, then mine, then wood, then wintersday tree. Maybe the time it takes me to move the glyph and direction I go has let me avoid the issue?

Edited by notebene.3190

On 9/19/2024 at 2:10 AM, GeraldBC.4927 said:

It's the timing, I'm certain of it now.

My today's test fits your assumption.

I gathered plants -> ores -> wood fast in a row and 4 trees were not gathered. Ores had no problems.

The problem definitely is not restricted to the ores.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

I gathered plants -> ores -> wood fast in a row and 4 trees were not gathered. Ores had no problems.

Honestly, this may not even be a homestead issue. It may be purely down to the speed of gathering breaking some kind of internal limitation. It just happens to be the auto collecting within the homestead that's triggering it.

On 9/20/2024 at 11:30 PM, kiroho.4738 said:

Another test, same result.

Gathering ores -> wood -> plants: one plant (from the gardeing pot) was not gathered.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/18/2024 at 7:10 PM, GeraldBC.4927 said:

Update, I tried it again with some changes. I put the scavenger glyph back in, but I once again waited a solid minute after opening the wood box before opening the mining box. This time it collected all  the nodes again. 

It's the timing, I'm certain of it now. If you rush opening the boxes too fast, it fails to pick up two of the nodes for some reason. 

Yep it's definitely the timing.  I've tested this too since I read your post.  If I run like usual to quickly get it done, it definitely misses nodes.  If I start with mining and rush to the others it will skip the harvesting, so it isn't exclusive to ore.  It's still annoying.  

• Like 2

It's simply the amount of resources you're trying to gather in a short period that causes it. I think it's actually the side scrolling bar that shows what you collected that is the cause. I wait until it stops rolling before doing mining and have never had to go in and get the missing ones after I started that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Conner.4702 said:

It's simply the amount of resources you're trying to gather in a short period that causes it. I think it's actually the side scrolling bar that shows what you collected that is the cause. I wait until it stops rolling before doing mining and have never had to go in and get the missing ones after I started that.

I don't think it's the bar. I generate WAY more than that salvaging items 250 at a time. You also get more opening festival boxes and the like.

This is purely related to gathering, and it looks like some kind of artificial block to me. Possibly put in place to limit the speed that hackers could gather at? Or something like that? It would explain why they haven't fixed it yet.

You don't need to wait that long before you loot the third box. 30 seconds is plenty, regardless of whether it's cleared the side bar or not.

I'm really interested to hear from ANET what's going on with this, assuming they ever tell us.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I came here looking to see if others were having my problems.  I too am having some nodes missed by the automatic Harvester.

My problem children are different though.

First, I use Glyph of Volatility on all three glyphs 

The order I harvest is Plants, Wood, and Ore.

The things that do not get Harvested for me are:

(1) All the Leather and Cloth Racks

(2) The Kournan Supply Cache.

Because of this, after harvesting Homestead, I take the home Portal Stone to my home instance to mop up the strays.

And I would like to say, I would rather mop up a few strays then harvest all those nodes (almost full instance) one at a time as we used to 🙂

3 hours ago, Julischka Bean.7491 said:

The order I harvest is Plants, Wood, and Ore.

The things that do not get Harvested for me are:

(1) All the Leather and Cloth Racks

(2) The Kournan Supply Cache.

It's working as intended in that case. The racks and the supply cache are not supposed to be collected by the boxes. The collection boxes only collect nodes that are harvested with harvesting tools. That's why the christmas tree for instance doesn't get collected by the box, despite being a tree. 

Or in other words, the mining box only collects nodes that you mine with a pickaxe, the plant box only collects nodes you harvest with a sickle, and the logging box only collects nodes you chop down with a logging axe. Which box is the correct one for the supply cache? Which one for the racks? Or the bandit chest? The answer is 'none'. They don't have a box, hence they are to be harvested by hand.