Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

17 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

I think there should be some, very small, way for anet to acknowledge the players who were here at launch or before and have stuck with it through the years. Given that unique bday presents are apparently a thing of the past, I'd be fine with this as a sort of tip of the hat substitute. But then I'm okay with different ppls having different things, and apparently that puts me in a fairly extreme minority ; p

I'm not against Anet changing the colour of GWAMM, but it doesn't have any connection to when you bought GW1 or GW2. It shows you completed 30 title tracks and linked your accounts, nothing to do with when (or how) you did that.

Someone could buy GW2 today, buy GW1 tomorrow and they'd be able to link their accounts, get the title and display it just like anyone else.

Meanwhile there are people who played GW1 for years before GW2 came out, pre-purchased GW2 and have been playing since the first day of early access who don't have it because they never finished all the requirements. (Well, I know there's at least 1 person, I assume there's more. It's on my to-do list and I'm sure I'll get around to it one day.)

• Like 2

I think the game should highlight achievements in the game. Not achievements in Guild Wars 1. I love Guild Wars 1. If you asked me to pick between the two I would pick Guild Wars 1 because the combat and pvp was the best I've ever played (and I got to Diamond in League of Legends - I typically go where the players go for pvp).

But Guild Wars 2 embellished titles should reflect Guild Wars 2 gameplay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leger.3724 said:

I think the game should highlight achievements in the game. Not achievements in Guild Wars 1. I love Guild Wars 1. If you asked me to pick between the two I would pick Guild Wars 1 because the combat and pvp was the best I've ever played (and I got to Diamond in League of Legends - I typically go where the players go for pvp).

But Guild Wars 2 embellished titles should reflect Guild Wars 2 gameplay.

You mean like titles that can be bought, or achieved by less savory means I take. That's what I see when I see colored titles; just people who most likely didn't achieve it themselves.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Spoiler

I prefer anet focus on other things rather than adding yet another skin I'll never use, but I recognize that I'm not the only player in the game so it doesn't bother me that their every effort isn't entirely focused on what I want . . .

Spoiler

Oh, okay, not petty jealousy, myb. It is now clear that your actual motivation for wanting to deny a nothing to ppls is . . . well, no, actually it's not clear at all : /

Spoiler

I am aware of this, yes, but I still think of it as an 'old school' thing that mostly players who were around before gw2 did. To be clear I'd much prefer that they hadn't stopped with the unique bday gifts, but if a nothing request like this is going to make someone happy with their old school title then great /shrug . . .

Edited by Gop.8713
added spoilers bc it really was just a bit much ; p
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:
Spoiler

Oh, okay, not petty jealousy, myb. It is now clear that your actual motivation for wanting to deny a nothing to ppls is . . . well, no, actually it's not clear at all : /

I'm guessing one of these 3 empty spoiler tags is targeted at my post and it looks like this is the one!

Well, if that's what you think then you should keep re-reading the posts in this thread until the words start going through 😉 For example this one:

21 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I find it weird to keep asking for them to add/modify rewards in this game for... things you did in another game years ago.

Or... you know, my next post which you just probably attempted to quote and then once again avoided everything that was contained in it, in order to come up with this yet another strawman.

Not sure what's somehow unclear for you about things that are already rather clearly spelled out in this thread.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

I prefer anet focus on other things rather than adding yet another skin I'll never use, but I recognize that I'm not the only player in the game so it doesn't bother me that their every effort isn't entirely focused on what I want . . .

I haven't mention a skin. It can be one more bug fixed that will benefit way more players, it can be one more step towards some amazing qol that will serve entire playerbase. You try to paint me as selfish there, and yet it is You that ask devs to spend their time and resources, painting a silly title You got in entirely diffrent game, just becouse You are jelous (of all things that one can be jelous geez) of the new titles having a coloured letters and Your ego, that at this point is hanging somewhere between Earth and Pluto, hurts.

It's only a colour on a few meaningless kitten words, wake up, take a deep breath, deal with it and move on.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm guessing one of these 3 empty spoiler tags is targeted at my post and it looks like this is the one!

Well, if that's what you think then you should keep re-reading the posts in this thread until the words start going through 😉 For example this one:

Or... you know, my next post which you just probably attempted to quote and then once again avoided everything that was contained in it, in order to come up with this yet another strawman.

Not sure what's somehow unclear for you about things that are already rather clearly spelled out in this thread.

myb I'm not sure why that happened. Before I put everything in spoilers it just took up the whole screen and looked ugly : /

But yes, you've been very clear about stating *what* you want, but very evasive about *why* you  want it . . .

1 minute ago, Biziut.3594 said:

I haven't mention a skin. It can be one more bug fixed that will benefit way more players, it can be one more step towards some amazing qol that will serve entire playerbase. You try to paint me as selfish there, and yet it is You that ask devs to spend their time and resources, painting a silly title You got in entirely diffrent game, just becouse You are jelous (of all things that one can be jelous geez) of the new titles having a coloured letters and Your ego, that at this point is hanging somewhere between Earth and Pluto, hurts.

It's only a colour on a few meaningless kitten words, wake up, take a deep breath, deal with it and move on.

Fine advice, I hope you can take it . . .

But we weren't talking about me here, I'm not the OP, I don't have the title being discussed . . ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

myb I'm not sure why that happened. Before I put everything in spoilers it just took up the whole screen and looked ugly : /

But yes, you've been very clear about stating *what* you want, but very evasive about *why* you  want it . . .

What exactly is unclear from my 2 initial posts? Quote them and directly address so I don't need to re-explain the same things while guessing what you apparently don't understand. I don't see anything being "evasive" there, in fact I'm not sure I could be any more direct than I was (and so were some of the other posters).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

Fine advice, I hope you can take it . . .

I do not have to, as I am not the one triggered by... colours of few words in a video game. I am writing here only to voice my opinion, that the thing op asks for is a total waste of time. And You are the one that somehow can't live with it and keeps quoting me with failed assumptions and veiled attempts to twist what I say. xd

11 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

But we weren't talking about me here, I'm not the OP, I don't have the title being discussed . . ?

Not important really, since You are fighting for it even more than the op. For what? I don't care. Came to state my opinion that tis a waste of time, and so I did. Period.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

So, again, if you claim it's not important to you, why is it important to you that you deny it to someone else . . ?

I've never cared about titles or cosmetics or any of the other things that the apparently "typical" gw2 player is into, but idc if they get them. Why do you . . ?

It's not soo much denying it to other players as it doesn't exist.  It would make more sense to fix things wrong with the game (bugs, glitches, etc) for 100% of the population than put any development time into making something new for >1% of players.

53 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What exactly is unclear from my 2 initial posts? Quote them and directly address so I don't need to re-explain the same things while guessing what you apparently don't understand. I don't see anything being "evasive" there, in fact I'm not sure I could be any more direct than I was (and so were some of the other posters).

I read them again and didn't find anything I didn't see the first time, so let's try this, why don't you quote the part that you feel describes what motivates your opinion . . .

Example:

My position: Sure, why not . . ?

My motive: ppls being happy is good . . .

38 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

I do not have to, as I am not the one triggered by... colours of few words in a video game. I am writing here only to voice my opinion, that the thing op asks for is a total waste of time. And You are the one that somehow can't live with it and keeps quoting me with failed assumptions and veiled attempts to twist what I say. xd

Not important really, since You are fighting for it even more than the op. For what? I don't care. Came to state my opinion that tis a waste of time, and so I did. Period.

As did I, but apparently my opinion has caused you much distress. So again I ask you to take your own advice, it's only colors on a title, it's not hurting you, take a breath and move on .  . .

9 minutes ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

It's not soo much denying it to other players as it doesn't exist.  It would make more sense to fix things wrong with the game (bugs, glitches, etc) for 100% of the population than put any development time into making something new for >1% of players.

Yeah but we're talking about coloring a title. This isn't exactly a 'project' . . .

• Confused 2

23 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I find it weird to keep asking for them to add/modify rewards in this game for... things you did in another game years ago.

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't see "jealousy" here though. I see direct comparisons to this "give me more in this game for what I did in another game" request.

12 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

I read them again and didn't find anything I didn't see the first time, so let's try this, why don't you quote the part that you feel describes what motivates your opinion . . .

Interesting, considering your first response to me completely missed the spot and after I questioned what you're talking about along with explaining why your answer seems irrelevant to what you quoted there...

...you completely avoided that post altogether to revert into "omg you have no reason to deny the rewards!".

And to this moment you still didn't address anything from my post(s) despite quoting them and now attempting to claim I'm the one being somehow "evasive" here. I'm not sure you understand what that word means, so until you manage to address what you kept quoting... It'll remain being clear who's the "evasive" one here. If you're not interested in addressing what you kept quoting in this thread then at least stop pretending otherwise. 😉 

Edited by Sobx.1758

They already offer waypoints, hero points, insta-80s, etc. There was a thread not long ago by someone wanting them to sell the heart tokens from JW for core map completion. I don't see how this would be any different at this point . . .

But to the OP I'm also curious, every release has offered many 'extra' mastery points, which are you struggling with . . ?

• Confused 2

I legitimately do not understand what you are saying. I see you saying you don't want them to change the GWAMM title as OP requests and I see you saying you think it's weird. Are you saying you don't want it bc you think it's weird? Is that the motive that I misattributed as jealousy? That you just don't want weird things? Bc this game has kind of a lot of weird things, and you may be surprised at some of the things you like that other ppls would deny you for their perceived weirdness . . .

11 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

I legitimately do not understand what you are saying. I see you saying you don't want them to change the GWAMM title as OP requests and I see you saying you think it's weird. Are you saying you don't want it bc you think it's weird? Is that the motive that I misattributed as jealousy? That you just don't want weird things? Bc this game has kind of a lot of weird things, and you may be surprised at some of the things you like that other ppls would deny you for their perceived weirdness . . .

I'm saying that it doesn't make much sense to "keep asking for them to add/modify rewards in this game for... things you did in another game years ago". Which part of that sentence is somehow unclear for you that you keep misrepresenting it for so many posts?
And that example was also presented by other posters, like the slightly sarcastic but accurate:

On 9/22/2024 at 12:10 AM, Ashen.2907 said:

I grinded out some rewards in a few different games more than a decade ago too. I'd love to see GW2 dev resources allocated to rewarding me for all of that effort. I've seen some rewards that other people have worked hard to get in this game and figure that I want them too. They would work great as rewards for my efforts in those other games.

No, it is not that "the added thing -like colored title- is weird and I don't want weird things ingame"(??), it's the request OP makes about adding/further iterating on rewards acquired in other games that's weird. OP's only motivation here is that "he can't play now, but wants to be flashy so since he did something 12+ years ago in different game should keep bringing him more flashy rewards now". I'm not sure these posts could be more straightforward than they already are and their concept is being re-explained in different ways by different users. Tbh by now I have doubts about your proclaimed inability to understand them, especially considering your rather clearly dishonest strawman attempts in the previous posts that addressed nothing you quoted.