What happened to all helpful gamers

For the past week, I’ve been trying to level up my second account in fractals I posted in LFG saying I’m wanting a T4 carry just wanting to get to level T4 so I don’t have to ask for help I can join parties. I’m a level 69. I only need to go seven more levels but I’ve done what people ask to post an LFG and I get hardly any help. So again, I’m asking where is all the helpful gamers.    I have never felt so frustrated of a game cause I have a handicap. My fingers don’t work as well as normal people do for hitting skills and when the crow builds show that you can do 40 KDPS everybody thinks you’re supposed to do that. or if you have push hood and they don’t think you’re post and if you’re not doing over 20 KDPS you get kicked so what is a person supposed to do? Everybody start somewhere but if you don’t meet the requirements, no one helps you. I’m just asking maybe three times of doing T4’s and I’ll be where I need to be and then I won’t worry about asking for help because obviously I don’t get it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

Trying to find tolerant players on lfg in an online video game in this day and age is not going to be easy and not without incentives offered.  Your better option is find a guild of friendly and helpful players who work together to get things done hit each other.

As much as I sympathise, instance groups on high end lfg just want path of least resistance and are rarely in it to help. Playing with regular players is your better road

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

Your timing may have been unfortunate as we just completed a Fractal Rush on Tuesday. Some of the less dedicated fractallers may be fractalled out.

I second this ^. And a lot of T4 fractal people just tend to do their dailies and bounce. You might have some better luck around reset, and the hour after, when most T4 people are running daily/recs. Maybe try asking around in say/map chat at the fractal portal. Most T4 fractal party comps want a heal/boon and a DPS/boon and then fill DPS. You might also have better luck if (depending on the class you play) you offer yourself as a boon/dps. 

Why not just ask people to play the T3 fractals with you?
Asking for a carry is like saying you won't contribute to the fighting. That you're deadweight that needs to be carried.
Why put yourself down like that instead of just asking players as equals to attempt the content with you?
As long as you do the highest fractal level available to you, you should be able to raise your fractal level. And it only goes up one at a time anyways.

"Looking to clear 69-75 to raise fractal level" for example.

Can also add role requirements if you want to put together a well functioning group.

"Scales 69-75 | Need boondps and boonheal" for example, if you're not filling one of those roles yourself.

There may be others around that also want to raise their fractal levels. You don't need T4 people carrying you to be able to progress.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Carry is not a good word to use. Being carried means you are not willing to contribute. Ferry would be a better term, that you just need someone to port you across to T4 and you are capable of fighting. 

The issue is that the game is designed for you to go through T3 as a rite of passage so when you get to T4, you will be ready. T3 is harsh but its good training. The game allows a lot of lateral progression so there's no rush, you will get to end game and Flevel 100 in no time. 

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Why not just ask people to play the T3 fractals with you?
Asking for a carry is like saying you won't contribute to the fighting. That you're deadweight that needs to be carried.
Why put yourself down like that instead of just asking players as equals to attempt the content with you?
As long as you do the highest fractal level available to you, you should be able to raise your fractal level. And it only goes up one at a time anyways.

"Looking to clear 69-75 to raise fractal level" for example.

Can also add role requirements if you want to put together a well functioning group.

"Scales 69-75 | Need boondps and boonheal" for example, if you're not filling one of those roles yourself.

There may be others around that also want to raise their fractal levels. You don't need T4 people carrying you to be able to progress.

I agree with this.

Asking for a carry implies you'll do nothing to help and want a group that's not only good enough to clear Fractals but to do it effectively 1 person short of a full group, with no additional benefit to them. It's possible but it's asking a lot and most people are unlikely to do it for people they don't know.

If what you actually want is just to do higher level Fractals to get your personal level up and you're willing to contribute (don't worry about whether they're using a DPS tracker and what the exact numbers will be if they are) then stop calling it being carried and just say you're looking for a group to play with.

On 9/21/2024 at 6:10 AM, EDOTDOT.9265 said:

I understand the frustration.  Heck, finding a guild that's accepting of people with disabilities has been a challenge for me.  They really want you to get on that Discord but when you don't want to because you can't talk or hear, you're pretty much the outcast of the group.

I mean discord is good to have even if you aren't using it for VC though, its a good way to coordinate people who aren't online yet, etc because its an app on your phone to keep you in touch with whats going on.

1 hour ago, EnferReine.8043 said:

They really want you to get on that Discord but when you don't want to because you can't talk or hear,

Discord is primarily a chat program. I have yet to have anyone try and force me into voice chat. It's an easy way to plan events and to talk to someone if they're not online in world but on discord, or to leave someone a message.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kanimae.1735 said:

Discord is primarily a chat program. I have yet to have anyone try and force me into voice chat. It's an easy way to plan events and to talk to someone if they're not online in world but on discord, or to leave someone a message.

I'm glad that you've had a better experience but it's just not for me.

• Confused 3

I think T4 in fractals is not really the stuff where "helpful players" thing kicks in. Yes: In map chat and open world we have a lot of people explaining and doing stuff. I played fractals up to T3 and some easy strikes + dungeons (at Rush). Easy. And no big requirements. I got the feeling that lately even in T3 the groups seemed to announce requirements. (Or using the roles setup lookint for dps or other stuff instead of just "anyone".)

Not unusual in a game where people sell raids and stuff like that ... to have even for normal (no CM) T4 and through T3 (carrying until T4) people not wanting to do that. I mean it costs time.

The best might be trying to slowly increase doing the ones you need next when they are at daily. Or joining the dailies. (I mean a higher one also will +1 up the level I think.)

The other people also said helpful stuff. + I wonder how this is supposed to work in T4 when the "fingers don't work well" - isn't it just harder there as well then?