QOL Requests: New for 2024

This has probably been suggested before, but an undelete/waiting for full deletion for characters would be great. Something as simple as having 10-15 minute timer before your character gets fully deleted provides an extra safety net if you decide to change your mind about deleting a character. And the fact that Anet doesn't restore deleted characters anymore would make this feature even more useful. I doubt it would take much effort to implement something like this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

SUGGESTION

Give the Guild Wars 1 Hall of Monuments/God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals titles a colour. 
Since newer titles have been coming out with gold/purple/red colours, why not add a little flair to the ol' Guild Wars titles?

Just a random thought I had. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The "Do not show me this message again" option is completely broken!!! It resets every time I re-join the game! It's been going for weeks!!!  I already wrote about this here AND I WROTE ABOUT THIS TO THE SUPPORT AND THEY SENT ME BACK TO THE FORUM. 😠

It's been weeks, I lost any joy of playing when having to craft or make items for the Homestead. I CLICKED "DO NOT SHOW THIS MESSAGE AGAIN" probably 200 times by now and guess what?? it still shows! Gameplay has become a dread. Support is useless! Been playing this game for over 10 years and now you pop up with a kitten broken basic feature like that??? To torment the players with annoying repeatability I assume.  This game has enough of repeatability features.

I have all the expansions since Heart of Thorns, I bought plenty of items from you, and this is what I get?? A broken feature that works as if made by some teenage interns, half-assed stuff!

This stupid error influences crafting and buying daily limited items. Wonder what else it will with future updates!  Just fix it already!!!

• Confused 2

Guild Hall Level 70

I think it's about time "Guild Wars" lets us work on our GH again and make it even greater!!

While the latest update to the decoration editing is GREAT, we could still do more:

New GMs, add a few new things to complete in the GH (maybe at the mine to create a tunnel to other GHs?), then with the next evolution of the GH to L70 we can now claim other GH locations while still maintaining our current GH.

This can work like the racial home city instances, we can enter any of them via waypoint that we have claimed, but the "main" one the guild has selected will be where we enter/exit from when using the GH button..

Could also allow the guild decoration storage to reset per GH you are currently in to have all those decorations able to be used again even if they are already in use in another GH location.  If not, that's fine it would give the Guild something to work on to populate and decorate the other locations too.

ALLOW double clicking in the guild bank window to withdraw/deposit (just like the personal bank window)!!  Please almighty, this has been a constant debate since GHs were first launched and I'm realllyyyyyy tired of explaining this to new members on a daily basis that think they have been locked out or unable to access it.

EDIT:  Maybe make it so any secondary+ GHs you claim the upgrades are all reset so they all have to be built again (just not when moving the main)

Edited by RatTailJack.2785
added an edit
  • Like 2

Make any skill that throw its own weapon, not leave your hand (or an option for it), like all spear throws. It's weird that it disappears and reappears while the throwed one is still in the fly. Make just throw dupplicates, please!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/27/2024 at 6:02 PM, Avelione.6075 said:

The "Do not show me this message again" option is completely broken!!! It resets every time I re-join the game! It's been going for weeks!!!  I already wrote about this here AND I WROTE ABOUT THIS TO THE SUPPORT AND THEY SENT ME BACK TO THE FORUM. 😠

It's been weeks, I lost any joy of playing when having to craft or make items for the Homestead. I CLICKED "DO NOT SHOW THIS MESSAGE AGAIN" probably 200 times by now and guess what?? it still shows! Gameplay has become a dread. Support is useless! Been playing this game for over 10 years and now you pop up with a kitten broken basic feature like that??? To torment the players with annoying repeatability I assume.  This game has enough of repeatability features.

I have all the expansions since Heart of Thorns, I bought plenty of items from you, and this is what I get?? A broken feature that works as if made by some teenage interns, half-assed stuff!

This stupid error influences crafting and buying daily limited items. Wonder what else it will with future updates!  Just fix it already!!!

I got update from the Support "This feature is intended to reset every time you log in. The purpose of this feature is to warn the player and avoid mistakes on their end. Thank you for your understanding."

WHOSE IDEA WAS THAT?!! Do you think majority of players have memory issues that bad?!? THIS IS THE MOST IDIOTIC FEATURE I'VE SEEN IN A GAME!!! Yes I will be brutally honest. It's made to make game feel like a chore of clicking! ENDLESS CLICKING EVERY SINGLE DAY JUST TO MAKE STUFF FOR MY BRAND NEW HOMESTEAD!  It's like I'd have to sign a pointless form every day for every type of furniture and any knick-knack and mug and rug while decorating my new apartment!!!

WTF are you thinking?????  If you really think this is helpful, than why am I so pissed?!?!? If it ways DO NOT SHOW IT AGAIN I undertsnad it won't show again EVER!!! IF U THINK THAT WAS SMART AND MAKING GAMEPLAY BETTER, YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MINDS!!! If you really want to keep this dread of a feature, than please make an extra one that a super risk-taking player like me could choose : "Please don't show this message again for this item never again"

Helpful game design feature... in Hell!

Edited by Avelione.6075
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Request: Unbind/Separate Miniature Sounds from Effects Volume Slider
Main offending mini:
Mini Mr. Ribbington
Issue: Excessively loud and frequent croaking compared to other minis. 
Effect: Equipped by a lot of players so I hear it in every map I'm in, can be immersion breaking especially when hearing it at snowy or desert landscapes.  Also equipped by players that AFK in Premium Lounges, annoying other players.  I'm a competitive player, losing Effects Volume is a significant handicap if I forget to turn it back up after leaving these Premium Lounges.

Notes: The last time miniature sounds were adjusted was at April 10, 2018.

I hope the problem can be nipped in the bud once and for all by having a separate toggle for mini sounds just like Player Instrument Volume. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Fiery dragon sword

This item from heritage still has the same visual problem after the latest major update.

The flame around it disappears after 30 seconds or so, and only displays the orangey crossed blades.

This is one of the coolest weapons skins in the game.

Please fix this ANet.

Exotic Food extracts as drops

Make all foods recycleable regardless of its source, with master chef device, including halloween, wvw, etc.

Exotic drop rate is really low, and making it a really tedious process to create ascended food for your guildies and wvw team mates.

Please add them as drops too.

Engineer Turrets

Make engineer turrets into moving bots. Rename them legions or something along those lines. Robotic fiends with different functions, including sword weilding militia, shielding, self-destructive bots that chase enemies and explode on-impact.

Turrets are way outdated, and needs a major update.

Right now they are completely useless in competitive modes, because they are easily destroyed, making hardly any impact whatsoever, and having to pick them up again + the recharge time is subpar in a fast pace game such as this.

Elementalists Summons

Another outdated feature, which could do with some vitamins.

Make elementalist summons just like ranger pets and necro minions, in the sense that they have no timer to be manifested, only disappear when defeated in battle.

Some of us use them as cannon fodder in wvw, and generally enjoy the little buggers being around, including for role-playing purposes.

The constant resummon becomes a arduous task, especially in the heat of battle in wvw.

Please remove the timer from these, and perhaps make all 4 minor elementals summon at once.

Edge of the Mysts

Please consider making edge of the mysts like Eternal Battlegrounds.

Which means, giving people rewards just like every other map.

Righ now, this map is there for absolutely no reason, and it's a wasted potential. 

The map is really fun too, and could be used as an alternative to ebg.

Thank you for your time and consideration. 

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

More daily gold for Raids

Time spent on the forums , should be spent somewhere productively

But we have to beware not to become soul crushing , when it combined with real issues like jobs , etc

Edited by Ryuk.6840
  • Confused 5

Suggestion:

I don’t think anyone's brought this up yet, but can we get an update to Armistice Bastion? It'd be great to mirror the golem setup from the PvP lobby so we can test skills on more than just 3 targets. Adding different sets of champion golems (like groups of 3, 5, or 10) would make testing skills and spikes a lot easier. Also, it’d be awesome to have a boon access table like the one in the Special Forces Training Area in Lion's Arch Aerodrome. Just make sure it's not usable in the dueling area so we don’t have to keep relying on allies for boons when testing things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Return to season 4 final reward SHOULD have been the dragonsblood's spear...not this dark spear. If its planned eventually then cool but if it isn't that is SUCH a missed opportunity...

and while I'm at it...MORE spear skins please! You can convert like a 4th of staff skins to spears too...

Edited by HotDelirium.7984
  • Confused 2

hi it would be great if the PSNA agent carried a larger selection at once.

Most of the time visiting psna is a pointless chore I have the two things they each offer (and I don't have enough karma to spend it all on the map award thingies--but people do and that should exist, just for me it's pointless). But now and then I want to make something and it's available hardly anywhere just RNG of some specific content or RNG at PSNA. 

Maybe things should be *either* look for NPC at differing locations *or* visit NPC frequently for rotated recipes. There's another one that moves around too, I think PoF content/lw. Or just make the RNG somewhat more favorable.

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It's an old one but one that crushed me and I'm really frustrated over it. It needs to be changed. I finally got the chance this year to have enough time to participate and complete the last part of the Decade of Dragons achievement I had after having a very rough two years. I had bought the Tray of Decade Desserts first back then and was happy that it was infinite use. Until I was able to work on the rest of the achievement and get the enhancement station.

Please make the Decade Enhancement Station and Guild Anniversary Banner infinite use as a QoL update. The Tray of Decade Desserts states that it is single use on the wiki, when it isn't. Meanwhile the other two are true to what the wiki states and can only be used once. Because I was so used to the tray being infinite use, I thought the same could be said of the other two. Seeing the icon for the Decade Enhancement Station disappear from my shared slot bag made me panic. At first I thought I just accidentally dragged it into my bags. Spent 10 minutes searching for it when panic set in at the thought I deleted it. No sweat, I can just buy it from the event vendor in Lion's Arch only to see it wasn't in their inventory. Asked map chat to find that yep, it is truly single use and so is the banner.

For an achievement that you cannot repeat, for a currency you can only get once, for an achievement that's supposed to celebrate 10 years of GW2 existence, it's a kick in the face to get them, only be able to use them once and never see them again. Decade Enhancement Station is also a uniquely skinned enhancement station, which makes the blow of one time use even more bitter. Same with the Guild Anniversary Banner being in the same state. They both should be reusable just like the tray. Because what's the point in completing the achievement now?

Please make it so that it is on par with the Tray of Decade Desserts. Nerf the timer for the Guild Anniversary Banner to 30 minutes instead of 60, Nerf the 3% to all attributes to 1% or whatever your highest states are, make it like the Dragon Decade Spear Skin and can get permanent versions of them with the requirement of having the Birthday - Year 10 achievement or make the Desserts match the other two items along with its wiki description and have it disappear after use.

Edited by miraude.2107
missing words
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, miraude.2107 said:

for a currency you can only get once

Seeing as how the Proofs of Legend are included in the Achievement Box (5 for the account) and the Birthday Gifts (1 for each character) from year 10 onwards, I'm thinking this is supposed to be the way of getting the currencies going forward.

I do agree that it would be nice having endless versions of the Utility/Banner/Food; or at the very least have some kind of upgrade to the Feast of Birthday Cake bumping it up to 1hr + providing a utility effect in addition to the current effect.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, miraude.2107 said:

It's an old one but one that crushed me and I'm really frustrated over it. It needs to be changed. I finally got the chance this year to have enough time to participate and complete the last part of the Decade of Dragons achievement I had after having a very rough two years. I had bought the Tray of Decade Desserts first back then and was happy that it was infinite use. Until I was able to work on the rest of the achievement and get the enhancement station.

Please make the Decade Enhancement Station and Guild Anniversary Banner infinite use as a QoL update. The Tray of Decade Desserts states that it is single use on the wiki, when it isn't. Meanwhile the other two are true to what the wiki states and can only be used once. Because I was so used to the tray being infinite use, I thought the same could be said of the other two. Seeing the icon for the Decade Enhancement Station disappear from my shared slot bag made me panic. At first I thought I just accidentally dragged it into my bags. Spent 10 minutes searching for it when panic set in at the thought I deleted it. No sweat, I can just buy it from the event vendor in Lion's Arch only to see it wasn't in their inventory. Asked map chat to find that yep, it is truly single use and so is the banner.

For an achievement that you cannot repeat, for a currency you can only get once, for an achievement that's supposed to celebrate 10 years of GW2 existence, it's a kick in the face to get them, only be able to use them once and never see them again. Decade Enhancement Station is also a uniquely skinned enhancement station, which makes the blow of one time use even more bitter. Same with the Guild Anniversary Banner being in the same state. They both should be reusable just like the tray. Because what's the point in completing the achievement now?

Please make it so that it is on par with the Tray of Decade Desserts. Nerf the timer for the Guild Anniversary Banner to 30 minutes instead of 60, Nerf the 3% to all attributes to 1% or whatever your highest states are, make it like the Dragon Decade Spear Skin and can get permanent versions of them with the requirement of having the Birthday - Year 10 achievement or make the Desserts match the other two items along with its wiki description and have it disappear after use.

The tray is single use, what are you talking about?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/30/2024 at 7:45 AM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Elementalists Summons

Another outdated feature, which could do with some vitamins.

Make elementalist summons just like ranger pets and necro minions, in the sense that they have no timer to be manifested, only disappear when defeated in battle.

Some of us use them as cannon fodder in wvw, and generally enjoy the little buggers being around, including for role-playing purposes.

The constant resummon becomes a arduous task, especially in the heat of battle in wvw.

Please remove the timer from these, and perhaps make all 4 minor elementals summon at once.

I very much agree.  Constant re-summons which no real strategy to it isn't very interesting game play.

Personally I've always wished they moved the elemental pets onto a signet which produced elementals every X seconds in combat similar to what the mesmer signet which create clones.  I think it would make some interesting game play to have to choose between generating elemental and the active power of the signet.

On 9/30/2024 at 7:45 AM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Engineer Turrets

Make engineer turrets into moving bots. Rename them legions or something along those lines. Robotic fiends with different functions, including sword weilding militia, shielding, self-destructive bots that chase enemies and explode on-impact.

Turrets are way outdated, and needs a major update.

Right now they are completely useless in competitive modes, because they are easily destroyed, making hardly any impact whatsoever, and having to pick them up again + the recharge time is subpar in a fast pace game such as this.

I love this idea, I'd prefer they were minions you had to deploy somewhat tactically rather than ever present minions like the necromancer.  Similar the reaper shout Rise! where you need to be more strategic in its use.

I'd even be open to adding a keeping turrets but adding a trait somewhere which adds legs (or treads or whatever) to your turrets allowing them to be mobile minions but requiring some trade off for picking up this upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some suggestions for gathering tools: cuddly cat themed, jade bot themed, the other skins for the jade bot too (ghost, ember), holiday themed (namely Halloween, because yes there are some necro minion type gathering tools but to me they're just ugly. Ofc doing the jade bot ghost skin as a tool would satisfy the requirement)(as for Wintersday, we do have glacial tools so they work well enough, but it'd be fun to have a snowflake gathering tool or candy cane, etc). Also, a Wintersday themed jade bot skin would be great too.

Also, I admit I have posted this several times, but I still really want to be able to name my mounts. Just like with ranger pets.

Quality-of-Life Request: Make LFG more visible.

Story Mode: Make LFG the default tab that opens when you open Contacts and LFG

Explore Mode: Separate LFG out of the Contacts and LFG tab and give it its own keybind and button.

Challenge Mode: Hard Mode, but also implement a way to increase the prominence of LFG in the player's mind. This can be NPC barkers near the initial waypoints on maps--let's call them "Rally Criers" for now--that will shout about any major events going on on the map and, when talked to, will give dialogue options. First would be to elaborate on a big meta event in the given map (a brief lore reason for why it happens and why it's there.), then after that an option saying something like "How can I help the cause?" that will open up the map's specific LFG tab.

Challenge Mode, but Sexy: Challenge Mode, but when you're in a map with an LFG tab tied to it, grant a toggleable option to automatically open the corresponding LFG tab when you open LFG.

Edited by SpellboundTutor.4257
  • Like 1

Edit: I seem to be confusing some people with this post, so let my try to clear up what it is about. 

Scattered across the game world are various 'hungry cats'. If you have the food/item the cat wants in your inventory when you talk to it, the cat will be added to your home instance/Homestead. The next time you go there the cat will appear somewhere inside the instance.

In Rata Sum there is an NPC named Holomancer Netto who sells various cat related items (among others, a laser pointer and water pistol) that let you interact in various ways with the cats you have collected in your home instance.

Currently the items you buy from Netto just appear at fixed locations in your home instance. Once bought you can neither move nor delete them.

I've found out the hard way that the holosceptor/laser pointer shows up inside the Homestead building in a place that is both inconvenient to the cats (who are outside the building) and that clashes with the look I am trying for in my Homestead.

Now, back to the original post:

I recently added the Holoscepter Storage Case and the other cat related items from Holomancer Netto to my Homestead. I was unpleasantly surprised to find that the Holoscepter Storage Case appears inside the building instead of outside with the other items near the cats. 

This is both an illogical placement and a problem with the look that I am trying to create while I decorate my Homestead, but now I'm stuck with it. In my opinion, that makes for a really bad flaw in what is supposed to be an area that players can customize as they wish.

Ideally, I'd like to see the various Holomancer Netto items turned into decorations that can be placed and removed as desired. If that can't be done, then the option to remove or hide the things when they clash with the decor would be good. At the least, it shouldn't be too hard to group all three items together outside the building near the cats.

Thanks

Edited by RickB.3950
clarification
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

+1 for keeping them all together in a group and allowing them to be moved. Why one item is indoors when the others aren't makes no sense, but if you watch the Catmanders' combat you'll see more misalignment problems so it's not just the cat toys that are affected. I'd also add that the only one that should always remain visible is the Disperser, since it toggles the cats themselves. It should really toggle the holoscepter and water gun, too...if there are no cats then those items are of no use anyway. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Desperately begging for someone to see this and make the lowland pine icons in lowland shore more visible on the minimap.  A small dark green icon on a largely dark green map with a lot of dark shadows and lines for the map contours is basically impossible to see, they blend together with the rest of the map almost seamlessly.  I basically only ever run into them on accident, while all of the other resource nodes in the expansion are quite visible and easy to farm.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1