New Matchmaker on Unranked

@Yukio blaster.9082 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:If everything goes well, we'll likely turn this on ranked at the start of next season.Any algorithm you make it will always be problems with it, for the only reason that a good algorithm needs a lot of available choices or in our case players .the PVP community isn't that big, so before doing anything merge PVP for EU and NA and CHINA the PVP gonna be much greater and tournaments a lot more intense no need to ESL after that . and just the simplest algorithm for match making will be fine then. hope i can see this one day in a separated client .lets take GW2 PVP to the next LVL.

You're completely delusional if you think that people will go for that. Playing on NA, my ping is 24. Eu, 250, China would be even higher (to say nothing of their separate client made with Chinese laws in mind). There's no way on earth I would choose to play with ping that high all the time.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:Then, maybe you should have read on the original post that those changes happened in UNRANKED.

And maybe you'll notice that the original quote asked about general matchmaking, which I clearly provided evidence to the contrary of his statement in real time. But hey, reading comprehension isn't for everyone, champ.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217" said:

You're completely delusional if you think that people will go for that. Playing on NA, my ping is 24. Eu, 250, China would be even higher (to say nothing of their separate client made with Chinese laws in mind). There's no way on earth I would choose to play with ping that high all the time.

I agree whit your point, but still it's not a game breaker, especially between NA and EU servers EU players can still play on NA servers just fine,CHINA no idea. and even if the servers merging isn't an option then the client with only PVP is still a good idea and in the same time keeping the normal GW2 client with the PVP of-course.the low storage demand and with the good marketing this would take GW PVP to the next LVL more players would come to play PVP .

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Delweyn.1309" said:With this new system i just can't win a single match. As a plat player previous season, I chained 8 matches today (at the moment I write this) of loses. Unbelivable !

And twice we were 2 thiefs in my teams an none in enemy team.

I finally got my victory in unranked at my 9th match.

https://hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=185589gw003.jpg

Did the two thieves queue up together?

• ArenaNet Staff

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@"Delweyn.1309" said:With this new system i just can't win a single match. As a plat player previous season, I chained 8 matches today (at the moment I write this) of loses. Unbelivable !

We found the match, they weren't queued together. We found a bug with the new matchmaking. When the bug occurred, it was using the old version of the matchmaker, so at worst, it's the same as it was before. Good news is that we've found this particular bug. There was a "return" where there should have been a "continue." Hopefully, we can get a fix out today!

Thanks for your feedback!

Can i have a decent answer why i still play in the same team with people that i blocked !!!!????!!!! this just ruining my day. the blocking should have effect on the match making at least the blocked or reported one for insult or manipulation or what ever should not play in the same team with the one that reported him. and reports seams to do nothing at all is the report system not working??!! this is just frustrating .

Can i have a decent answer why i still play in the same team with people that i blocked !!!!????!!!! this just ruining my day. the blocking should have effect on the match making at least the blocked or reported one for insult or manipulation or what ever should not play in the same team with the one that reported him. and reports seams to do nothing at all is the report system not working??!! this is just frustrating .

Fooo, that would be perfect for match manipulating...

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

I was one of the thieves each time. And we appeared together in the team each time from the start yes.

Edit : ok ty for your efforts.

Amidst all the salt over people not getting a magic fix that allows them to get carried in their matches: Thank for you for actively searching out and testing improvements to the systems in this game. It's a hard and demanding process but we few who can look past some less than ideal matches appreciate what you're trying to do.

@dragonkain.3984 said:

@dragonkain.3984 said:Foretelling the future:People would still hate matchmaking because the core reason of it being bad wasn't fixed.More like: People will still hate matchmaking because human psychology leads people to believe that they win games because they are good at the game and lose them because they got matched with bad teammates.

More like: You're not even aware of a main reason why humans hate games where team drags them down and how to fix it that problem.

Hint for clueless you - Read my old posts.

WHOOSH

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Toron.4856" said:21 games 18 wins so far in unranked. your new mmr is working for me, thx :)

https://imgur.com/a/33mza

also, in the past 15 games enemies didnt score 300 points a single time lol

I took a look at the account in the picture and most of the games were played before we shipped today's fix, so the old matcher was still active. Certainly matchmaking will be slightly less accurate with a fresh account of an experienced player as it tries to determine your true rating again, but it should continue to improve as you play more matches.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey everyone. We disabled the new matchmaker last night on the suspicion that it was causing some matches to not start up correctly. On a positive note, I was looking at some match data before leaving the office and it looked like there were improvements with the new matcher in terms of both average rating difference between the teams as well as match score differential. As soon as we get the bug resolved we'll take a closer look at the data and decide if we want to activate the new matchmaker for ranked next season.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived