Bank Tab Extension

jediwolf.8724

@Blude.6812 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:While I’m not against your request, I do have to wonder what you need more tabs for?

Lets see--blade shards stack in the material storage, but in the bank they don't. Just how STUPID is that! And that is just one example of poorly designed storage. How about a key wallet etc. Inconsistent storage design on many levels. So ya--open up the storage tabs to compensate for bad storage design.

Blade shards stack... They've stacked at least since 2 years back when I started playing. Unless you mean "stack past 250" which nothing does outside the material storage.

Keys recently went into the wallet, but you'll have to right-click > "use all" to add existing ones.(Key of Greater Nightmare and Complete Aetherkey are not added, but pretty much every other key is)

They stack in one area but not the other----that is just stupid as noted. as for the keys why do peeps keep asking for a king ring??? Nope you don't have a clue really.

He means, stacks are always 250 units, but the bank material storage can hold multiples of 250 in one slot, 250, 500, 750, etc.But honestly, I have to ask, what are saving several stacks of Blade Shards? You don’t need thousands of them.. for anything, after you craft the backpack you can just drop them.

@jheryn.8390 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:While I’m not against your request, I do have to wonder what you need more tabs for?

I share you point.I got 14 and only 2 full.

If we are talking about Mats, then is way better to buy another character slot ( 800 for 100 slots vs 600 for 30 slots ), or maybe storage slots ( i laughed at them at first, but they are definitely a thing ).

If you want more tabs for QoL ( avoid yo waste time ), then you should probably manage better your 14 tabs. I mean, Since there are no more extra tabs, it would be better to realize what is essential inside your bank and what's not.

Considering you don't know what other players do or do not have or what is important for them to keep and where, it is awfully presumptuous telling someone that they should manage their tabs better.

Feel free then to provvide some examples or supposition then, in order to explain how 420 slots are occupied ( instead of alts used as storage, personal guild tabs and so on ).Remember that since bank has only 420 slots ( jokes on everybody ), you have to manage in order to make it more efficient, since there are not alternatives.

It's not related to what you could have or not.It's something which you could benefit if properly done.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@DarcShriek.5829 said:Anet thinks hoarding is hurting the economy. There's no way they're going to let you hoard even more.

All I'm hoarding is the amount of items that require you to type in the deletion. I can only assume they are valuable and meant for something important.

You don't represent the general economy. When PoF was released, they specifically made storage of certain mats scarce to prevent hoarding. That means Anet considers hoarding to be hurting their economy. I'm not sure why you reacted as if it was a personal attack on you.

@DarcShriek.5829 said:Anet thinks hoarding is hurting the economy. There's no way they're going to let you hoard even more.

More bank tabs does not mean hoarding. With every new release they add things that drop that you pretty much have to keep (lesson #1 of RPG's .... do not destroy ANYthing that drops). Even if you have 1 of the item it takes up a bank slot.

@DarcShriek.5829 said:

All I'm hoarding is the amount of items that require you to type in the deletion. I can only assume they are valuable and meant for something important.

You don't represent the general economy. When PoF was released, they specifically made storage of certain mats scarce to prevent hoarding. That means Anet considers hoarding to be hurting their economy. I'm not sure why you reacted as if it was a personal attack on you.

What? A personal attack? LMAO

Please explain how you came to that assumption, I'm genuinely curious how you even managed to come that with such a simple comment about hoarding items that require you to type in deletion.(in case you forgot, items that require you to type in deletion have no effect on the economy what so ever because they are account bound items).

wPYgqsm.png

@Menadena.7482 said:

More bank tabs does not mean hoarding. With every new release they add things that drop that you pretty much have to keep (lesson #1 of RPG's .... do not destroy ANYthing that drops). Even if you have 1 of the item it takes up a bank slot.

Agreed.

The only real reason why I personally would use more bank space past max tabs is to save even more account bound stuff. I don't want to store a bunch of generic items in it. I know a lot cannot make their own guild bank now for that stuff but I still would only be using my bank for long term storage of things I cannot sell either way.

I save a lot of gear for some reason as well. A wardrobe for those items per toon would save a lot of space. Years later and asked since launch I am not counting on it entering game any time soon. I would rather they work on other stuff as well but it would be nice.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Please explain how you came to that assumption, I'm genuinely curious how you even managed to come that with such a simple comment about hoarding items that require you to type in deletion.(in case you forgot, items that require you to type in deletion have no effect on the economy what so ever because they are account bound items).

wPYgqsm.png

When I mentioned that Anet might be trying to limit hoarding, your all like, "but I don't hoard". You took a general policy statement and made it personal like it was some kind of attack on you. No one said you hoarded anything, but you seem to have thought I did.

@DarcShriek.5829 said:

wPYgqsm.png

When I mentioned that Anet might be trying to limit hoarding, your all like, "but I don't hoard". You took a general policy statement and made it personal like it was some kind of attack on you. No one said you hoarded anything, but you seem to have thought I did.

Quit backpeddling, you tried to paint the picture the person was a hoarder.. now stop trying to derail the thread please.

Storage management is personal to everyone.. some like to keep items, especially items of zero value to the economy because experience has taught them that the "it might be needed again" often does happen and getting those items might require a lot more work or require them to play the RNG games with the cheese gods.Some throw items away with wild abandon and couldn't careless, then flood support with tickets asking them to be reclaimed due to their lack of judgement or foresight.Others hoard for hoarders sake, and that's ok to.. cos its down to personal playstyle.

I personally fall into all three of those categories from time to time so yeah, I would rather spend 1600 gems buying 2 or 3 bank tabs than buying a reskinned mount skin with no other use than hey cool colour bro.

@DarcShriek.5829 said:When PoF was released, they specifically made storage of certain mats scarce to prevent hoarding. That means Anet considers hoarding to be hurting their economy.

• ANet postponed adding storage for a select few items to increase the likelihood that people would trade them. The idea was to prevent a high anchor price, something that still affects flax today. They weren't worried about long-term hoarding, but the impact of short-term hoarding on long-term prices.
  • ANet's never said they were against hoarding. At worse, they've said that hoarding has a bigger impact on prices than we think.

(Of course, there are many other things that impacted flax's anchor price, notably its use for linseed oil and guild upgrades and there weren't all that many things that affected our demand for the PoF-select-list, so there's reason to believe ANet was overprotective. But I think I'd rather they were overprotective with Eyes of Kormir rather than underprotective as they were with Flax.)

This is something that rather annoys me.

• Some items are removed once you hit the cap or you have already purchased the item. Other stay.
  • Some items have a gift buttons, others do not.
  • Some items get removed even if they could be gifted.

They need to fix and streamline gemstore purchase buttons:

• All items in the gemstore should have a "Gift" button. All of them.
  • Items should lose the "Purchase for self" button once you have the cap for that item, or the item is already unlocked.

Also, since each tab has 30 slots and with 14 tabs we have 420 slots, they should increase the tabs to 15. And whenever they add more, do it in lapses of 5. So the number of slots is always a nice round number: 450, 600, 750, 900, and so on.

Round numbers are better.

I have multiple slots used on auric dust, airship oil, ley line sparks, ascended rings. Scribe drop items which do not go into storage. I haven't gotten my scribe high enough to use them yet. Gem store stuff like boosters, repair orbs and canisters etc. Stacks of exotic luck. Endless tonics. A large supply of experience tombs 1 lvl, 20 lvl, 30 lvl and so on. Lore books. Gathering items that I have to much to go into storage. It doesn't take long to fill up. More storage room and I can sort it all out so I can find stuff. Sometimes I am a bit of a hoarder. But when you have to harvest items to make a legendary weapon storage gets tight.If want to buy gems to use to get more storage I don't see why they should have a limit. I would rather buy something with gems that I will use than a skin I will use for a week or so. Anet wants people to put money into the game, I think it is a good way to do it.

@DarcShriek.5829 said:

wPYgqsm.png

What?

You need reading comprehension friend..... I never said I didn't hoard lmao

If anyone is making any attacks, it's you.If anyone is offended, it's you.

I think you are projecting your own feelings here mate. It's amazing what you said because it's actually more accurate for you... I made general statement about type in deletion items and you got super offended about it somehow. Started going on cloud 9 about being the economy and what ever else over account bound items?It literally makes no sense.

Archived