Best 1v1 class (meta only, conquest)

corey.6451

Scourge definitely, if he is good obviously you have to 2v1 all the times or it is nearly impossible to beat one in a 1vs1 scenario (and don't say power rangers deadeye kills him easily because they may kill scourge but they are trash in any other circumstance and don't fit the meta right now).

Second maybe firebrand holding a point, unkillable 1vs1, but you won't die either... you waste just precious time.

Warrior third position because might be strong overall 1vs1 but if one of the professions above come to him he has to leave the holding point especially against scourge once resistance ends, he is incredibily tanky against all the classes, but usually people come and 2vs1 a warrior pretty soon.

@whoknocks.4935 said:Scourge definitely, if he is good obviously you have to 2v1 all the times or it is nearly impossible to beat one in a 1vs1 scenario (and don't say power rangers deadeye kills him easily because they may kill scourge but they are trash in any other circumstance and don't fit the meta right now).

Second maybe firebrand holding a point, unkillable 1vs1, but you won't die either... you waste just precious time.

Warrior third position because might be strong overall 1vs1 but if one of the professions above come to him he has to leave the holding point especially against scourge once resistance ends, he is incredibily tanky against all the classes, but usually people come and 2vs1 a warrior pretty soon

I wouldn't say it's nearly impossible to beat a scourge in a 1v1. It's definitely possible mainly with mirage, druid or sb.

Firebrand can hold a point well but it wouldn't be able to decap a contested point so for that reason, and others, it shouldn't be considered a 1v1 class.

Being outnumbered and kiting around a point applies to all classes not just warrior, but I agree that it is a top tier dueller. I still reckon mirage trumps sb as a 1v1er due to its superior mobility and burst potential.

@Vagrant.7206 said:Mirage is currently the best duelist build right now. Combination of high damage, high evades, stealth, and an endless supply of clones, it's quite potent.

Pretty much. Almost unbeatable in good hands if the skill is equal, and doesn't need any special effort to be played effectively. Plus if the things go wrong has uncany disengaging abilities.

I'd say either Druid or mirage. Mirage has a lot of evasion and a strong burst, but imo the disengage potential from sword and blink are what make it especially powerful and allows it to reset. Sure we have portal but using it to save yourself is a huge hit to rotational pressure.

Druid on the otherhand can kite and heal like crazy so they can play the sustain game, plus they have poison so they can wear some builds down.

Ill say holosmith exactly simply because i see the pro players swapping to him boyce (main warrior top 3 warrior currently if i don't say he is the top 1 SB) swapped to holo, and misha the best mirage in the game currently is playing holo in most of his games and in a 1v1 aspect zan(holo) destroyed misha(mirage) in 1v1 multiple times . the only counter to a holo is the necromancer with all that boon corruption but if a holo cc him when in stealth the 1v1 will end before the necro cast one spell .

@Yukio blaster.9082 said:Ill say holosmith exactly simply because i see the pro players swapping to him boyce (main warrior top 3 warrior currently if i don't say he is the top 1 SB) swapped to holo, and misha the best mirage in the game currently is playing holo in most of his games and in a 1v1 aspect zan(holo) destroyed misha(mirage) in 1v1 multiple times . the only counter to a holo is the necromancer with all that boon corruption .

thats just cuz they r bored and wanna play something different? spellbreaker and especially mirage are more than viable in pvp...

anyways... druid is the only counter to mirage. mirage has a very high skill cap hence if u max. out ur skills on mirage u can pretty much kill anything 1v1.

and even if u dont, u can disengage easily. the big advantage to druid is that mirage has an actual burst and can kill ppl within 3-4 secs. druid wont really kill anyone. their dmg is simply not good enough.

Going to say Mesmer(Mirage). The number of evades and on-demand dodge/stunbreaks combined with its burst potential (that it can unload from stealth!) put it far above any other class in terms of 1v1 dueling.

If I see one roaming in WvW, I'm very hesitant to engage as it is a fairly unwinnable fight unless I catch them off guard and they don't know what they're doing on the class.

@Toron.4856 said:

@Yukio blaster.9082 said:Ill say holosmith exactly simply because i see the pro players swapping to him boyce (main warrior top 3 warrior currently if i don't say he is the top 1 SB) swapped to holo, and misha the best mirage in the game currently is playing holo in most of his games and in a 1v1 aspect zan(holo) destroyed misha(mirage) in 1v1 multiple times . the only counter to a holo is the necromancer with all that boon corruption .

thats just cuz they r bored and wanna play something different? spellbreaker and especially mirage are more than viable in pvp...

anyways... druid is the only counter to mirage. mirage has a very high skill cap hence if u max. out ur skills on mirage u can pretty much kill anything 1v1.

and even if u dont, u can disengage easily. the big advantage to druid is that mirage has an actual burst and can kill ppl within 3-4 secs. druid wont really kill anyone. their dmg is simply not good enough.

then why misha lost to zan more than 5 or 6 times !!! if only druid is mirage counter !!

@allias.1420 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Scourge definitely, if he is good obviously you have to 2v1 all the times or it is nearly impossible to beat one in a 1vs1 scenario (and don't say power rangers deadeye kills him easily because they may kill scourge but they are trash in any other circumstance and don't fit the meta right now).

Warrior third position because might be strong overall 1vs1 but if one of the professions above come to him he has to leave the holding point especially against scourge once resistance ends, he is incredibily tanky against all the classes, but usually people come and 2vs1 a warrior pretty soon

I wouldn't say it's nearly impossible to beat a scourge in a 1v1. It's definitely possible mainly with mirage, druid or sb.

Firebrand can hold a point well but it wouldn't be able to decap a contested point so for that reason, and others, it shouldn't be considered a 1v1 class.

Being outnumbered and kiting around a point applies to all classes not just warrior, but I agree that it is a top tier dueller. I still reckon mirage trumps sb as a 1v1er due to its superior mobility and burst potential.

If you talk 1vs1 in an arena scenario or WvW yeah mirage is top 1vs1 profession, but 1vs1 in conquest mode have other factors to considerate.

Like a 1vs1 dragonhunter vs thief is completely different from spvp and 1vs1, in spvp is way more difficult because thief doesn't run berserker and in spvp dh skill are way nerfed comparing to wvw where longbow2 damage is higher, trap heal not nerfed like in spvp etc.

Archived