Make Healers work in PvE

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I don't get the problem ... EVERY class has the option to swap builds for the content they are playing. If you are playing a healing build in one of those events, then you are doing it wrong.

Swapping builds is a nightmare in this game. I stopped playing my ranger altogether in open world because I got fed up with changing from healing druid to condi soulbeast every time I wanted to play open world.

Now imagine if we had build templates where I can swap my gear, traits and skills with 1-2 clicks. Wow, a groundbreaking discovery.

Yup, but that doesn't change what I said. I agree with templates, but I have a feeling that's either a very long way off or not going to happen because it affects revenues; bank/character space is directly tied to gem store sales.

It doesn't because build templates can be monetized. Double win for players and anet. And it would definitely push build diversity. Because I am pretty sure there are more lazy people like me who are annoyed because of how annoying swapping builds is in this game.

Well if we will see it I guess it will cost 1600-2000 gems got to pay more for convenience to not have to buy and level up another character mate.

What events are you not getting rewards from? I've leveled several characters up to level 80 by doing Dragon Stand, SW, and PoF events/bounties using heal, res, and boon builds and always got loot and experience for everything, I didn't do any damage either 90% of the way, since well... I couldn't even if I tried.

@Nabuko Darayon.9645 said:So there is this annoying thing that I've seen in PvE that if you're going for a support class then you're not doing enough damage to tag all those monsters in an event, thus you're losing your rewards that dps folks are getting.

It's not been a problem for me. Just make sure you do some damage rather than supporting 5 maybe 10 people. Plus, why should it be based on healing? What about adding might or fury? Or breaking defiance? Or removing conditions? Aren't those also important support functions?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Nabuko Darayon.9645 said:So there is this annoying thing that I've seen in PvE that if you're going for a support class then you're not doing enough damage to tag all those monsters in an event, thus you're losing your rewards that dps folks are getting.

It's not been a problem for me. Just make sure you do
some
damage rather than supporting 5 maybe 10 people. Plus, why should it be based on healing? What about adding might or fury? Or breaking defiance? Or removing conditions? Aren't those also important support functions?

and then you have the people who are contributing more negatively than positive ... such as someone pushing/pulling mobs into the capture area during a VB rally point defense event

@Obtena.7952 said:Sure, so, what's the complaint then ... even as a healer he tags mobs and gets loot. How does a developer resolve the fact that the reward system for healing is not a binary system like killing a mob? Does he get loot for the mob AND for healing people? So is that fair that he's getting more loot but effectively doing less to kill the mob? What if the group doesn't need healing and he's overhealing them? Rewarding healing is just way to complicated to bother thinking about for a holy trinity game ... much less this one.

Ok I'd like to address the concept of newly created skills (like Tomes) where you basically do 0 damage. I'd like to think ANet created 0 damage skills for the purpose of addressing Healing Power issues in the game.

Kitty mainly sees heal-engi and heal-tempest as the 2 heal-builds that have issues tagging stuff. Heal-FB doesn't have such issues if you actually play well and use tomes mainly for blocking series of heavy attacks (timing the blocks to attacks ofc) and as emergency heals for heavy pressure moments. Most of the time a good heal-FB camps in mace or scepter with shield and focus as off-hands, using symbol and Bow of Truth for heals. and blocking the heavier blocks with heal-mantra, shield 4 and mace 3 so ppls don't need heals to begin with. Those symbols and auto-attacks also do enough damage to tag the mobs. And mace's auto-attack heals and does damage at the same time.

For heal-engi and heal-tempest, it's worse. They don't really have means to DPS while healing 'cause water-staff's attacks do very low damage and heal-engi doesn't use any offensive skills (except perhaps projectile-finishing water fields with mortar 1). Unless it's actually a heal-holo (Kitty's been tehre, done dat in raids) or if heal-tempest swaps to fire momentarily when heals aren't needed..

@Nabuko Darayon.9645 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Sure, so, what's the complaint then ... even as a healer he tags mobs and gets loot. How does a developer resolve the fact that the reward system for healing is not a binary system like killing a mob? Does he get loot for the mob AND for healing people? So is that fair that he's getting more loot but effectively doing less to kill the mob? What if the group doesn't need healing and he's overhealing them? Rewarding healing is just way to complicated to bother thinking about for a holy trinity game ... much less this one.

Ok I'd like to address the concept of newly created skills (like Tomes) where you basically do 0 damage. I'd like to think ANet created 0 damage skills for the purpose of addressing Healing Power issues in the game.

OK and what does that have to do with getting rewarded as a healer?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I don't get the problem ... EVERY class has the option to swap builds for the content they are playing. If you are playing a healing build in one of those events, then you are doing it wrong.

Swapping builds is a nightmare in this game. I stopped playing my ranger altogether in open world because I got fed up with changing from healing druid to condi soulbeast every time I wanted to play open world.

Now imagine if we had build templates where I can swap my gear, traits and skills with 1-2 clicks. Wow, a groundbreaking discovery.

One is not in need to swap entire builds, a second weapon with a proper autoattack is enough to tag any boss/monster in this game.

Kill credit and loot for support-oriented players has been low, and we want to reward players for assisting their allies, so the shared credit contributions are going up by a solid amount. You still need to tag an enemy for the bonus support credit to come into play; standing around passively granting boons is not gameplay that ought to be rewarded, but this will offer a larger opportunity to weave support-oriented skills into group combat situations and get rewarded for it.Increased the support credit given to players by 50% for granting boons, cleansing conditions, healing, and reviving.

I hope this will fix the issue. Thanks ANet for addressing this issue.

Archived