[Suggestion]: Let us hide chest armour. Please?

Oglaf.1074

Yes please. What's the point of picking tattoos and stuff on your Norn when you will never see them? We can already hide both Shoulders and Gloves, so why not Chest, too? I'd love to be able to emulate this look:

http://www.kekaiart.com/uploads/5/4/7/6/5476798/9720845_orig.jpg

Which you can kinda do by not wearing a Chestpiece but we all know that is out of the question:tAoG77e.jpg

"But then everyone would just run around with their female toon's bewbies showing!" I hear you scream. Erhm. Have you taken a look at most female armour (especially Light/Medium) - they're basically just bras (or bras with spikey bits) already so...

Well, as I said, a lot of female armour pieces are already as revealing as not wearing anything anyway so I don't see an issue there really. In fact, due to the yellow eyesore of a bra the Human female is wearing that clashes with most armours anyway, I don't think we'll be seeing an epidemic of it anyway.

@Reinthir.1349 said:It's unlikely I'd personally use the option but more options are always good, so why not. If they're going to do that the logical thing to do would be also to add dyeable underwear.

They're never going to add dyeable underwear, honestly.

Why?

Because dyes can emulate skintones of your character. ;)

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Reinthir.1349 said:It's unlikely I'd personally use the option but more options are always good, so why not. If they're going to do that the logical thing to do would be also to add dyeable underwear.

Why?

L-Lewd!

@Kreed.2768 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Why?

L-Lewd!

We're all thinking it. Not just me....right?

• 3 months later...

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Why?

I already can look like I have no underwear on if I'm lunatic enough if I make it white.Can also look almost topless unless you get a better look if I wear a skimy top and make it in white too.

This is on human. I'm sure Sylvari would be even easier.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Why?

Oh noes, that would be such a tragedy because kids are not allowed to see virtual barbie dolls, only real life one's from toy stores are allowed!!!

I'd like this too, and for much the same reasons already given - 3/5 races have cool tattoos/fur/skin pattern but they end up mostly hidden by your armour. The new PoF armour sets are a slight improvement, with some options for bare arms/chest on light and medium armoured males, but it would be nice to be able to hide those pieces completely.

Somewhat annoyingly it's actually easier to make it look like bits of armour are hidden/more revealing than they really are on humans than on other races - as someone else said there are dyes which match most skin colours so you can just dye some/all of it to look like skin. (I once made a very dark skinned thief, and quickly revised my plan to dress him in dark colours when I kept thinking his trousers had vanished and needed repairing!)

But there's no way to re-create charr fur patterns, norn tattoos or sylvari skin patterns and glow on armour.

To be honest for a lot of things you can get away with just removing your chest armour completely. I know it's got higher stats than any other slot, but for relatively easy things like open-world PvE you can get by without it. The problem is that doesn't work everywhere and if you're anything like me chances are you'd only remember to equip it again after dying 4 or 5 times.

Archived