range dps class?

Ele and Mesmer are my vote for good range professions. Ele kind of takes the cake though with the weaver elite spec if you want to camp staff. Against large hit box it has one of the highest dps rotations and anything in open world will be nuked. They are also meta for raids and high lvl FotM if you want to get into those activities. The only downsides are you’ll be super squishy and the rotation is very complex.

Mesmer isnt really a good ranged profession anymore. Scourge and most of Weaver meta build and rotations can be used from full range. Weaver just can't use Lightning hammer and primordial ranged so he has to use Icebow.Shortbow ranger needs to flank and be close to boss for the 2nd skil so staying far is possible but not really good.But you shouldn't focus on staying ranged all the time. That way you lose out on most of the boons and heals.

If ranged is your playing style that's fine, of course, especially in open world. But if you want to start doing Fractals, be prepared to be expected to stay on top of your group at all times, for all the boons. If you stay away from your group, you will lose out on a lot of dps simply because boons and traits won't be shared with you, at which point you are no longer a benefit to your group.

@"weaponwh.9810" said:k thx for all the reply, yea i mostly do PvE, but like eventually do fractal and other PvE contents, but i like stay far and shoot, which is why i'm using longbow ranger for now. Just curious what other class that has good range dps

For your purposes, I think thief is better. It has a lower range with double pistols, 900, but much more damage on burst. For 95% of the open world mobs, you have enough initiative for "Unload" until they are dead. I find 900 range more than enough to be safe.

For fractals, you better not range at all.

Archived