Random instabilities

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played all fracs yesterday with the meta comp (well tbh not quite, I was the only weaver) and I could barely notice any difference from the usual. All bosses die before anything can happen. I imagine with YOLO party comps, things will take more time and the instabilities will affect the way you play, but on the other hand alternative comps are usually so tanky, that you should be able to adjust to the new instabilities anyway.

One thing I disliked though, was toxic trails on 99CM, personally I would disable that instability completely in this fractal. Typically on 99CM bosses, the floor tends to be covered almost completely with cancer and the only safe place to stand is DIRECTLY INSIDE the boss. With toxic trails however, you no longer have this option unless you wanna say goodbye to scholar uptime. It's not a huge deal of course, all bosses are still easily beatable, but it feels bad to remove the only safe spot to stand in from the encounters.

Anyway I would advise Ben to read this topic with caution and only make adjustments to fractals if you feel they're absolutely neccessary. Most of the complaints in here are completely pointless, people just need to l2p.

@"zealex.9410" said:

Ohh the memes.
  1. Three people dead before last phase - one of them a chrono - seems very deserved for me. Really, if people are able to get rekt between 33% and 15% they should not be allowed to finish this CM - ever.
  2. With competent players and the chrono doing his job + druid putting spirit of nature in the last phase last laugh is a non-issue like the past two days on Artsariiv.
  3. Reason for me not to join some random 99 CMs - mostly no cc, not enough dps, eating every bit of dmg, not being familiar with mechanics. That's why we use KPs.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:
Ohh the memes.
  1. Three people dead before last phase - one of them a chrono - seems very deserved for me. Really, if people are able to get rekt between 33% and 15% they should not be allowed to finish this CM - ever.
  2. With competent players and the chrono doing his job + druid putting spirit of nature in the last phase last laugh is a non-issue like the past two days on Artsariiv.
  3. Reason for me not to join some random 99 CMs - mostly no cc, not enough dps, eating every bit of dmg, not being familiar with mechanics. That's why we use KPs.

Hence "ohh the memes" but in all srsness the cc can be dealt with the mesmer alone if he takes Moa. How can ppl still fail that.

@"zealex.9410" said:Hence "ohh the memes" but in all srsness the cc can be dealt with the mesmer alone if he takes Moa. How can ppl still fail that.

Because outside of non KP CM runs the majority of chronos is just not good at the game which is no shame. But I don't like to run with those people and start spamming gazillions of my rocks/planks to cc the boss.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Hence "ohh the memes" but in all srsness the cc can be dealt with the mesmer alone if he takes Moa. How can ppl still fail that.

Because outside of non KP CM runs the majority of chronos is just not good at the game which is no shame. But I don't like to run with those people and start spamming gazillions of my rocks/planks to cc the boss.

lmao.

@LeopFolkner.2369 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:Toxic Trails, Afflicted and Last laugh for 100cm.Toxic trails, Afflicted for 99cm.Last laugh on 99. last 15% hallucinations also explode on despawn. YAY!

That would be very interesting...I almost want to see it out of curiosity...

although 99cm yesterday was very fine. The trail were not that much of an issue except in the bullet hell encounters mid fractal with the adds. Last laugh is probably fine as well.

@spiritualabyss.7016 said:tbh people just need to git gud.

As long as they change 100&99CM instabilities on a daily basis, this is perfectPeople that are too bad for one combination can just skip it for that day and get a new chance on the following one.

You ignore that this is a team effort. If you play Weaver, it doesn't matter how gud you got if you got a bad healer and chrono in your group. For static groups, not much changed, but for pugs, fractals just became more toxic.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@"spiritualabyss.7016" said:tbh people just need to git gud.

As long as they change 100&99CM instabilities on a daily basis, this is perfectPeople that are too bad for one combination can just skip it for that day and get a new chance on the following one.

You ignore that this is a team effort. If you play Weaver, it doesn't matter how gud you got if you got a bad healer and chrono in your group. For static groups, not much changed, but for pugs, fractals just became more toxic.

While it is true that pugging as a Weaver might be harder in some cases now, this is just some kind of balance.

People say that the "difficulty" of the Weaver rota combined with its low health pool justifies its absurd damage output for fractals.I do not agree with that, since there is no single place in fractals, where this applies - everywhere you can find places to perform your rota without downsides.

Instabilities are a chance to make the playing field more even - but that requires Toxic Trails + Last Laugh + Afflicted (+ on all bosses i'd like more adds that explode) all at the same time.If with all those instabilities a Weaver is able to perform his rotation, it is probably well deserved.And as you mentioned, in a static, with the proper support, this can still be done.

And remember, this really only makes 100CM B2 and 99CM B2 harder, all other Bosses phase with weavers so fast that you don't even notice the changes.

After all T4 fractals should be challenging, certainly CMs and I think making them more annoying is a good start for this.If a pug is too bad for this, they can try it with another team composition.

@"spiritualabyss.7016" said:After all T4 fractals should be challenging, certainly CMs and I think making them more annoying is a good start for this.

You confuse "challenging" with "annoying". The devs were on the right track with the instabilities, by adding variety to make fractals less tedious. But they overreached and made them more annoying. Being challanged by variety is fun, being annoyed is not fun.

@Turin.6921 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:Toxic Trails, Afflicted and Last laugh for 100cm.Toxic trails, Afflicted for 99cm.Last laugh on 99. last 15% hallucinations also explode on despawn. YAY!

although 99cm yesterday was very fine. The trail were not that much of an issue except in the bullet hell encounters mid fractal with the adds. Last laugh is probably fine as well.

on the bright side, flux bomb simply doesn't activate in 99cm (not sure about 99regular) but last laugh makes the last 15% on ensolossys harder than raiding with a regular pug

@LeopFolkner.2369 said:

on the bright side, flux bomb simply doesn't activate in 99cm (not sure about 99regular) but last laugh makes the last 15% on ensolossys harder than raiding with a regular pug

And i'm pretty sure a regular comp with 2 weavers wouldn't even notice a change. Who uses dps besides weavers anyways.

Last laugh is only noticeable and bad without weavers anyways. With them all adds die so fast and outside of the group from aoe spam that you don't even notice it at all. Except for the occassion when mesmer focus pulls stuff in the grp.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

And i'm pretty sure a regular comp with 2 weavers wouldn't even notice a change. Who uses dps besides weavers anyways.

Last laugh is only noticeable and bad without weavers anyways. With them all adds die so fast and outside of the group from aoe spam that you don't even notice it at all. Except for the occassion when mesmer focus pulls stuff in the grp.

I'm talking about the last 15% on last boss, not the rest of the fractal. the problem I have with it is hallucinations going boom on despawn, regardless of being killed or not. they already knock you down on the arrow attack, when the hallucination despawns on the middle of the dome, it then proceeds to AoE knock down, which is pretty annoying.

Ben just weighed in on this on reddit.

He said this is a problem of balance, not randomness. I agree. Basically, the problem is not that instabilities are random, its that last laugh is too powerful (He said he would prefer a daze over a knockback). Or, alternatively, those specific adds shouldn't have last laugh enabled.

The randomness itself I like. Its fun having to think about what the combination means for your gameplay. Yesterdays 99 was really good with toxic trails.

Ben i find it hard to say this but u should prob look at how Blizzard did mythic plus and their "instabilities" I personally like the random format but imo it would benefit from instabilities playing out like actual mechanics and less like gimmicks that mostly annoy you.

@"zealex.9410" said:Ben i find it hard to say this but u should prob look at how Blizzard did mythic plus and their "instabilities" I personally like the random format but imo it would benefet from instabilities are much more like actual mecjanics and less like gimmicks that mostly annoy you.

Wows affixes and out instabilities are actually quite similar, to be honest. Ironically, the ones people have a problem with are the ones most like wows affixes. Toxic trails would fit well in wow, as would social awkwardness, and last laugh is basically in wow. With changes that make it better. The ones that aren't like wows are the gimmiky ones, like mist convergence, which no one dislikes just cause its easy

@LeopFolkner.2369 said:

I'm talking about the last 15% on last boss, not the rest of the fractal. the problem I have with it is hallucinations going boom on despawn, regardless of being killed or not. they already knock you down on the arrow attack, when the hallucination despawns on the middle of the dome, it then proceeds to AoE knock down, which is pretty annoying.

I'm too. You dont even see illusions when you face the boss with 2 weavers. They are beyond broken especially there.

@Ultimatepwr.9562 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Ben i find it hard to say this but u should prob look at how Blizzard did mythic plus and their "instabilities" I personally like the random format but imo it would benefet from instabilities are much more like actual mecjanics and less like gimmicks that mostly annoy you.

Wows affixes and out instabilities are actually quite similar, to be honest. Ironically, the ones people have a problem with are the ones most like wows affixes. Toxic trails would fit well in wow, as would social awkwardness, and last laugh is basically in wow. With changes that make it better. The ones that aren't like wows are the gimmiky ones, like mist convergence, which no one dislikes just cause its easy

I honesty like last laugh its not a bad instability. And ye wow basically took the fractals from gw2 and made somethibg successful out if it. Thats why i suggested taking something back and seeing how they made it work so well.

Archived