Random instabilities

@Ultimatepwr.9562 said:Ben just weighed in on this on reddit.

He said this is a problem of balance, not randomness. I agree. Basically, the problem is not that instabilities are random, its that last laugh is too powerful (He said he would prefer a daze over a knockback). Or, alternatively, those specific adds shouldn't have last laugh enabled.

The randomness itself I like. Its fun having to think about what the combination means for your gameplay. Yesterdays 99 was really good with toxic trails.

Sad. Last Laugh was never a problem, its just a l2p issue.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Talindra.4958 said:Is there a website where we can find out the random insta for today and etc? Is it in wiki?Zealex we had good chrono :) our dps is dps they refuse to provide not even a lil bit of support.. very typical u know :p

Are the instabilities daily? Thats kinda sad if thats the case. The only place that should have gotten daily reset are the cms, regular t4s are easy enough to balance out the dificulty from the instabilities.

The fb for minimal loss in dps could provide so much stab and aegis for the chrono to share that u would never have ti worry about last laugh lul

@Talindra.4958 said:Is there a website where we can find out the random insta for today and etc? Is it in wiki?Zealex we had good chrono :) our dps is dps they refuse to provide not even a lil bit of support.. very typical u know :p

Swamp: Last lul, Afflicted, Toxic trail.or: No pain no gain, Flux bomb, SaVolcanic: Adrenaline rush, Flux bomb, Last lulAnd 100/cm

hf

The console room in dredge fractal makes some instabilities like flux bomb and mist convergence (I know convergence was active before the patch, but if it's easy to whitelist instabilities now...) really punishing, since the people standing on buttons can't move/dodge and the person doing the console can't use most of their skills or even have anyone swap out with them without resetting the channel.

@zealex.9410 said:

Are the instabilities daily? Thats kinda sad if thats the case. The only place that should have gotten daily reset are the cms, regular t4s are easy enough to balance out the dificulty from the instabilities.

The fb for minimal loss in dps could provide so much stab and aegis for the chrono to share that u would never have ti worry about last laugh lul

I was the FB in that run and yeah I provided some aegis and stability elite skill the whole run.Usually I don't take stab elite but now with last laugh is a most

Do I find it fun when the whole arena is covered in multiple last laugh circles on top of each other or when you get combined aoe circles of different mechanics that all have identical size and color but have major different impact?

I don't. I like mechanics which is visible and clear. I like mechanics where you can plan ahead. In the last 10% in 99cm, how many tacks of stability do you need? 1, 2, 5? Do the suicide ads during Siax create 1 or two circles of aoe which just happen to be identical in size and color?

If last laugh is used it need to be distinguishable from other mechanics. Preferable they could also get a nerf similar to meteor shower / icebow 3 where you can only get hit so many times per second until they don't effect you any more.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Belorn.2659 said:Do I find it fun when the whole arena is covered in multiple last laugh circles on top of each other or when you get combined aoe circles of different mechanics that all have identical size and color but have major different impact?

I don't. I like mechanics which is visible and clear. I like mechanics where you can plan ahead. In the last 10% in 99cm, how many tacks of stability do you need? 1, 2, 5? Do the suicide ads during Siax create 1 or two circles of aoe which just happen to be identical in size and color?

If last laugh is used it need to be distinguishable from other mechanics. Preferable they could also get a nerf similar to meteor shower / icebow 3 where you can only get hit so many times per second until they don't effect you any more.

Or get gud. We dont need to delete the mechanic because u find it hard. As u said pop some stab get a mesmer to share it heal and dps. Its 15% it will melt like butter.

He never said he found it too hard and that the mechanic should be deleted. He thinks that the Last Laugh red circles should be different from other AoE tells. One kind deals damage, the other one knocks you back, it would make sense to be able to distinguish different mechanics.

Your kind of response seems to have become a reflex, where people stop reading and trying to understand what the other guy said, but instead copy and paste their same response. It's neither helpful nor constructive, so why answer at all?

Did they change Last Laugh in CM100? Not one of Artsariiv's illusions exploded upon death (or at least not the small ones) which pretty much turns this instability into a joke on CM100. Not that I mind that but outside of the anomalies at Skorvald and the two splits at Arkk the fractals has no proper fights to speak of where Last Laugh can trigger.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@Belorn.2659 said:Do I find it fun when the whole arena is covered in multiple last laugh circles on top of each other or when you get combined aoe circles of different mechanics that all have identical size and color but have major different impact?

Or get gud. We dont need to delete the mechanic because u find it hard. As u said pop some stab get a mesmer to share it heal and dps. Its 15% it will melt like butter.

He never said he found it too hard and that the mechanic should be deleted. He thinks that the Last Laugh red circles should be different from other AoE tells. One kind deals damage, the other one knocks you back, it would make sense to be able to distinguish different mechanics.

Your kind of response seems to have become a reflex, where people stop reading and trying to understand what the other guy said, but instead copy and paste their same response. It's neither helpful nor constructive, so why answer at all?

Actually both do dmg.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:If certain combos prove to be consistently bad, I can see about adding a mutual exclusion list, so that for instance last laugh can never happen with toxic trails. However, I'd rather try rebalancing the instabilities instead. last laugh and toxic trails could use tweaks I think.

last laugh could have radius reduced to the one of social awkardness and maybe daze instead of knockback.toxic trail doesn't threaten me but if some people have problems maybe just rework it to an expanding aoe circle of poison or something

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:If certain combos prove to be consistently bad, I can see about adding a mutual exclusion list, so that for instance last laugh can never happen with toxic trails. However, I'd rather try rebalancing the instabilities instead. last laugh and toxic trails could use tweaks I think.

last laugh could have radius reduced to the one of social awkardness and maybe daze instead of knockback.toxic trail doesn't threaten me but if some people have problems maybe just rework it to an expanding aoe circle of poison or something

Sa range would make last laugh a joke.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Remove instabilities altogether and make changes to bosses so they become more interesting with every tier or level. This randomized stuff is the worst change to fractals you've done in a long time. Stop fixing stuff that ain't broken.

Couldnt have said it more eloquently than that, hit it right on the head. Although I was in pure panic mode, it wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to, but they were at a perfect place and like every mmo in the history of gaming, the developers seem to always want to "improve" things that no one who plays the game wants or enjoys once it's "improved". This wasnt a pvp balance where something was out of line, no one was complaining of these cm's being to easy or boring and totally agree they should have been left alone. I absolutely love every other change and addition in this patch though so you take the good with the bad I guess it just hit me extra hard because fractals are the highlight of my daily rotation in gw2 and I was just getting very comfortable with the cm's to where I could not just hold my own but even carry less experienced players through failed mechanics on my druid. I have faith that they will get the cm randomness tuned in to balance out their desire to keep things new and different and our desire to enjoy the game we payed for.

@"Grogba.6204" said:Did they change Last Laugh in CM100? Not one of Artsariiv's illusions exploded upon death (or at least not the small ones) which pretty much turns this instability into a joke on CM100. Not that I mind that but outside of the anomalies at Skorvald and the two splits at Arkk the fractals has no proper fights to speak of where Last Laugh can trigger.

Noticed that too. Made CM100 Artsariiv's fight less annoying. Honestly nothing was buffed making fractals hard, all Anet did was changing a manual overwrite system to an automated program. Thing's that really changed in fractals after this system is :

Nerf in : Amala, Hamstrung, Vindicator, Flux Bomb (last 2 is a joke now).Incoming nerf : Toxic Trail, etc

The direction some players are offering sounds to me as if instead of giving players challenge by adding in instabilities, just nerf everything to ground and back to the old more HP & dmg on NPCs route for "challenge".

Last laugh is no threat at all and doesn't need a change. If you can't dodge all aoe's you're still fine because every class can take a hit or two from this instability. Toxic trail on the other hand is more annoying, still not challenging, but if you have gazillions of enemies there is no place to stand on and the dmg ticks are very hard. Nothing a good group can't handle but it'll be horrible for casual T4 groups.

Flux bomb in Twilight Oasis is a joke at the moment because you can use the special action key to let the bomb explode into the air and the bomb disappears. You get 0 dmg and the flux aoe isn't existent, not on the ground nor in the air.

The only thing I am contesting is flux bomb in Twilight Oasis, not because of difficulty, but because the visual effekt combined with a sand shades and ground Aoes.Sometimes its so bright I cant even see the Characters(mine and group). Just a bright yellow lightning show.So please change the damn colors of Flux bomb and make it less bright.Also while nerfing our metas (Scourge, Mirage, Weaver etc.) the rewards are worse and worse.This is a bad concept. Soon T4s will be not worth the hussle, better run bounties or Istan Gh.Also some combinations where you whipe endlessly, because of Fluxbomb, Toxic Trail and Hamstrung in a Aoe fest area is just annoying.Its ok if its not to easy but dont forget that it should be fun too!

@La Sirena.6873 said:The only thing I am contesting is flux bomb in Twilight Oasis, not because of difficulty, but because the visual effekt combined with a sand shades and ground Aoes.Sometimes its so bright I cant even see the Characters(mine and group). Just a bright yellow lightning show.So please change the kitten colors of Flux bomb and make it less bright.Also while nerfing our metas (Scourge, Mirage, Weaver etc.) the rewards are worse and worse.This is a bad concept. Soon T4s will be not worth the hussle, better run bounties or Istan Gh.Also some combinations where you whipe endlessly, because of Fluxbomb, Toxic Trail and Hamstrung in a Aoe fest area is just annoying.Its ok if its not to easy but dont forget that it should be fun too!

Litterally above your comment theres a comment explaining how to practically delete the mechanic(flux bomb) from that fractal. Smh...Mesmer only got buffed last patch and weavers are still insane dmg. Scourge meta OMEGALUL

I agree the istabilities should be more wellthought out so that they play out like actuall mechanics and provide true challenge instead of mild anoyance in some cases (in some cases they are kinda cool as they are now).

@zealex.9410 said:

@La Sirena.6873 said:The only thing I am contesting is flux bomb in Twilight Oasis, not because of difficulty, but because the visual effekt combined with a sand shades and ground Aoes.Sometimes its so bright I cant even see the Characters(mine and group). Just a bright yellow lightning show.So please change the kitten colors of Flux bomb and make it less bright.Also while nerfing our metas (Scourge, Mirage, Weaver etc.) the rewards are worse and worse.This is a bad concept. Soon T4s will be not worth the hussle, better run bounties or Istan Gh.Also some combinations where you whipe endlessly, because of Fluxbomb, Toxic Trail and Hamstrung in a Aoe fest area is just annoying.Its ok if its not to easy but dont forget that it should be fun too!

Litterally above your comment theres a comment explaining how to practically delete the mechanic(flux bomb) from that fractal. Smh...Mesmer only got buffed last patch and weavers are still insane dmg. Scourge meta OMEGALUL

I agree the istabilities should be more wellthought out so that they play out like actuall mechanics and provide true challenge instead of mild anoyance in some cases (in some cases they are kinda cool as they are now).

Guess what on Arcdps Im nearly always 1st or second when I don`t get downed or die so yes Scourge in fractals is quite good.I played Weaver and Mirage and too keep up Damg while surviving was quite hard, so I wen´t back on p0laying Scourge.The point is that the color of Fluxbomb is the same as many ground Aoe+Scourge shadow, making the ground a glowing yellow lightning show, where its nearly impossible to distinguish what is what. It´s still doable but a pain in tha a..For the rest its ok. The Vindicators now are good not to strong but not too weak either.

@zealex.9410 said:

Guess what on Arcdps Im nearly always 1st or second when I don`t get downed or die so yes Scourge in fractals is quite good(9-18k) in pug groups.I played Weaver and Mirage and too keep up Dmg while surviving was quite hard, so I wen´t back on playing Scourge. Since the dmg is nearly the same and it has better survivability.The point is that the color of Fluxbomb is the same as many ground Aoe+Scourge shadow, making the ground a glowing yellow lightning show, where its nearly impossible to distinguish what is what. It´s still doable but a pain in tha a..For the rest its ok. The Vindicators now are good not to strong but not too weak either.

@La Sirena.6873 said:

Guess what on Arcdps Im nearly always 1st or second when I don`t get downed or die so yes Scourge in fractals is quite good(9-18k) in pug groups.I played Weaver and Mirage and too keep up Dmg while surviving was quite hard, so I wen´t back on playing Scourge. Since the dmg is nearly the same and it has better survivability.The point is that the color of Fluxbomb is the same as many ground Aoe+Scourge shadow, making the ground a glowing yellow lightning show, where its nearly impossible to distinguish what is what. It´s still doable but a pain in tha a..For the rest its ok. The Vindicators now are good not to strong but not too weak either.

Never said that scourge is bad or that u cant compete with the other classes if you are good at it. But only if the other players arent as good at their job as you.

And also scourge is very much not meta. Doesnt mean its nit viable.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Remove instabilities altogether. Make changes to bosses offering new, unique mechanics each tier or level.

Problem is, the mechanics will be the same every time, which is what the change is addressing. Also, making bosses with actual mechanics make people complain they're hard.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

Trails is outright silly in some cases. I really hated it when it used to appear in Underground. I main ele and it was flat out impossible to stay alive on a button if I got focused by the dredge without changing my build mid-fractal, which is too much of a hassle.

Archived