Random instabilities

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sincerely, these 2 instabilities of Toxic Trail and Last Laugh in 100 CM, has been very entertaining and more in the second boss, although I admit that it was very difficult.

If you do not know properly, how to confront the bosses with these 2 instabilities, it can be very uncomfortable for everyone and more for the healers.

This "wombo combo" is very powerful. Well too powerful.

I can already imagine merging the 2 stabilities into one: an explosive poison bomb.

Ok so I just did cms and t4's and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But that's mostly because I had very experienced ppl in my fractal group. But still the change is really bad imo. ANET if u want to make fractals more challenging and diverse just make more of them, more of the good challenge modes, rework some fractals like molten furnace, but for the love of god don't make another molten boss out of it, making more trash mobs makes a fractal just more boring, it's not exciting to pull the mobs and kill them and just run to a boss fight. The change you implementend doesn't make the fractals any more fun and it was supposed do it, they are just plain annoying and sometimes canceroustl:dr Random instabilities =/= more challening content

I think instabilities as whole concept are bad. Just remove them altogether but add new mechanics to bosses (or boss-like encounters). Make bosses challenging using their own abilities. This randomized system is annoying as a whole. Make bosses use new abilities each tier or level, make them interesting. Adding toxic trails or similar things to trash mobs is not challenging. It's annoying.

@"Profebolter.4038" said:Sincerely, these 2 instabilities of Toxic Trail and Last Laugh in 100 CM, has been very entertaining and more in the second boss, although I admit that it was very difficult.

If you do not know properly, how to confront the bosses with these 2 instabilities, it can be very uncomfortable for everyone and more for the healers.

This "wombo combo" is very powerful. Well too powerful.

I can already imagine merging the 2 stabilities into one: an explosive poison bomb.

But this could be at least blocked with a well placed projectile block.

I'm tired like never before, again it feels like a chore, not fun. Spent like 4 hours on cm+t4+recs. I feel disgusting.

Why don't you add random instabilities in raids since it is so much fun and makes the encounters interesting ...make everything random, we will never will have the ability to learn something...so much fun.

Really think about it hard and slow, what is your goal with this ? Pug groups will have even harder time, it will be less fun and less people will play fractals unless they have a static group. People will get burned out. It was much more fun when you were able to just learn each fractal better and better. Now with this random stuff there will be times when your group will just struggle if they get a bad combination and there will be more toxic people complaining about others and there will be more kicking. Even if you adjust some combinations there sill be some that are just worse and this toxicity will just be higher than in the previous iteration.

yea finished daily fractal run with those randomized instabilities.its hard yes, thus nothing with good coordinated and somewhat experienced group (eg statc) cannot handle.

imo the main factor why its so bad for 100cm 2nd boss is not the toxic trail + last laugh combo, but rather toxic trail + afflicted. at this fight there are enough things to hit you for small amounts - every of those granting loads of condis and toxic trail adds poison for reducing heals. condi cleansing works to a point, but if you take too much time.. well. bai.

The whole idea of random instabilities is actually great, and for me it fits very nicely with the Arkk mini-story arc, fractals being destablized and stuff.This is a great additon i do welcome, but then i think i already overdosed doing fractals on daily basis. Still good work.

That said, some combinations might be quite hard to overcome, and probably would require some playtesting before being alowe to go live.

cheers

Out of curiosity, has anyone done Bloomhunger with Last Laugh today? If yes, was it as painful as I imagine? 89 with Toxic Trails was quite demanding as a healer (though the pugs weren't particularly bright), but I really don't want to imagine what the 77 mid phases would have looked like. Not sure whether these instabilities are a good thing in fractals where you just get swarmed.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:Out of curiosity, has anyone done Bloomhunger with Last Laugh today? If yes, was it as painful as I imagine? 89 with Toxic Trails was quite demanding as a healer (though the pugs weren't particularly bright), but I really don't want to imagine what the 77 mid phases would have looked like. Not sure whether these instabilities are a good thing in fractals where you just get swarmed.

Yes, one person in the PuG group (5 dps) made the call for Last Laugh instead of Toxic Trail and we went with it since there's no objection. Everyone adapted mid fight, as I noticed everyone was back-paddling while killing the minions after a while (Not perfectly synchronized, just not getting in the way of the others). I would say he/she made the right call after considering our group setup with no support in it.

this change has really killed cm pugs, no one wants to even run this torture anymore. I cant even find a group that wants to try. CM's were absolutely perfect there was no reason to change something no one complained about as being too easy. This was a terrible idea, sometimes i wonder what these ppl think about when deciding on the next "great" idea. I sure wish they would have left cm 99/100 alone.

@"Trae.2384" said:this change has really killed cm pugs, no one wants to even run this torture anymore. I cant even find a group that wants to try. CM's were absolutely perfect there was no reason to change something no one complained about as being too easy. This was a terrible idea, sometimes i wonder what these ppl think about when deciding on the next "great" idea. I sure wish they would have left cm 99/100 alone.

I don't know, my group struggled a bit at MAMA where we had to finish her with 3 ppl and I found myself downed two times on Artsariiv but that was due to missplay and wanting too much during cc phase, so avoidable mistakes by me. We oneshotted all 6 CM bosses and again all it came to my mind was that those instability changes are just annoying but not an interesting mechanic or a challenge at all.It was a 150 KP pug, yesterday 30 KP with some more problems and some wipes. Getting into CMs or having a low number of KP probably is more difficult, but hey that's only guessing by me.

Toxic trail on Swamp was no issue at all (it was a new group, not the CM squad). Aoe cleave is taking care of mobs reaching you and harming you via poison. If someone really thinks that has to be changed, CM definitely needs a change too. So no, leave it as it is.

Trail on MAMA and Ensyloss wasn't too bad and in the case of the latter hardly noticable (funny: When Ensyloss does his little charging move he drops a total of 4-5 circles, rather than an actual trail .)

Siax, however, was quite the pain, at least for the pugs in our party, which lead to two wipes. The loss of the safespot directly underneath him makes the fight harder but this was overdue anyway after the removal of Social Awkwardness (which I do not miss in this fractal). The wipes where mostly on players eating too much damage during splits and summoning illusions. shrug

Molten Furnace was hardly noticable, same goes for Cliffside where we picked Social Awkwardness over Last Laugh. Picked Last Laugh again for Swampland to avoid Toxic Trails.

I do NOT look forward to Oasis tomorrow though.

Personally I don't think completely random instabilities are fine for CM.Or at least design them with random fixed combos so they don't include too crazy ones.Also now effort / reward may not really feel worth it for players who wants to get into it. It's daily stuffs and low kp parties may take few hours to get one CM done on bad week (now?).

Honestly random instabilities would feel fine for experienced players, but they are very bad (in my opinion) for players who are trying to start running them or have less experience and runs with low kp pugs. It has way too much variations for guides and includes way too much mechanics for instabilities.

I did 3 run today and here's my experiences:

First run of day as: Spellbreaker BS in 20kp+ pug Failed at ArtsariivPeople just kept dying to instabilities and now mechanics (downed with bombs because of Toxic Trails, knocked around because of Last Laught).Artsariiv was worst. Group went through couple rage quits but they just kept failing.

Second run as Druid in 100kp+ pug. completedWent through all just fine. Few time people went downed in Artsariiv. Was pretty messy as druid because of CC phases in Artsariiv required way more healing and running around (more spread out group).

Last run on second account Dragon Hunter in 50kp+ pug with 2 100kp+ player (me and another). completedWent about same as second run. Wiped couple times because of instabilities (downed by them). We had Scourge (lol) though so barriers and removal helped a lot with conditions and random instability aoe.

I didn't enjoy my first run although the group are nice ppl. I'm just going to skip cm for a while now. Not sure it's just from my side .. both me and my husband dodge didn't work as well as before after patch. We play with average 400 ping minor change I believe we feel more than others I don't know :p.. Ya will have to try more to know ..But I'm hesitant to re enter cm

Did 100CM today second try.

First try I had to swap to spellbreaker, so I took banner for elite because of not needing boonrip. Managed to get a clutch double ress with the banner on artsariiv, but sadly the group just couldn't stay alive, I had a druid running the -10% damage food instead of bountiful, so the healing wasn't great. Disbanded..

Second try on my druid, we got the kill on artsariiv. The trouble is in a pug people generally don't move together so I was trying to heal people left right and center. Ended up bringing search and rescue, traited search and rescue and also used spirit of nature to clutch ress and carry the group.

I have got to say the encounter with artsariiv was absolute cancer with the bombs and the poison, but, I actually kind of like the new random instabilities. As much as I was annoyed with the cancer everywhere, it was a nice challenge. Maybe it would be an idea to remove the knockback from the bombs and just make them do damage instead, because its the bombs chain cc when there are loads of adds which catch you. I don't mind it though, it's not that difficult.

@ItzWe had no issue at first boss 100cm .. did as usual. Second boss hurt a bit xD and painful for healer to keep up where is everyone wtf u .. and he cried dat toxic trail.. then one smart guy said we fail basic mechanic. Yeah right don't u see the bomb coming? Ok ok.. lets gg.. wait ... Better use gg bit more before it's removed ..hehe

@"Carcharoth Lucian.1378" said:These instabilities changed at the reset (a bug i guess) . For example, now we have last laugh + hamstrung + flux bomb in cm 100.

NhxfyAt.jpg

Not so bad compare to yesterday... U know I said I won't gonna do cm for a bit? I'm gonna try it today again.. geez this is horrible.. what am I doing to myself?Can we have better reward pls? :P (serious request)

I assume they sort of hotfix changed the instabilities combo. At least now it's doable. Flux bombs prompts you to react quickly. Last Laugh makes you dodge, and Hamstrung encourages you to be good or be punished. Yesterday's toxic trail was cancer on 2nd boss because the small adds could both explode and leave trails, significantly applying damage over time.

I miss the months when fractal dailies were FUN & CHILL to repeat (if your group was decent).

I personally don't find the current random instabilities exciting or fun or rewarding at all because we get the SAME REWARDS. I hope the fractal team tweak some instabilities PLEASE. I would assume 99CM and 100CM deserve special consideration before adding random instabilities? because they're already on challenge mode.

This is from a player who has been doing CMs + T4 (+often recs) for 5+ months every day. I had plenty of no death runs in CMs, 188 essences + 1 red infusion. I do fractals a lot. Excluding raids on my weekends, fractals are what I spend 70% of my daily game time on. I have killed all raid bosses too. Just wanted to say I'm competent.

Yup totally agree with above. CM's should have very careful consideration when adding random stuff to it. Im assuming they worked very hard to make a challenging, but most importantly, fair and rewarding experience for ppl running cm's. Now what they have done is made some weeks virtually unplayable for all except the small group thats ran them everyday since their launch. Now I see it happening already ppl are going to require astronomical amounts of essences + titles so pugs are going to be impossible to join for probably 80%+ of the playerbase. My guilds are all pvp and none of my friends play video games, most ppl my age dont, so my gameplay is essentially always a pug. I was just starting to get into running these cm's and really enjoying them, now this. 99 wasnt bad though ill agree with that but 100 seemed so absurd from all the horror stories I didnt even want to attempt it, not that i even saw a single listing for it. I really wish mmo developers would adopt the "if it aint broke dont fix it" attitude. Has anyone ever in the history of this game complained that cm's were way too easy and needed adjusted in that direction, of course not, most everything i read was it's too hard or buggy. It was in such a good place, man I hate when this happens to a game I was enjoying. It always does to, just as I really start to enjoy something it gets ruined.

On a lighter note, as a druid main I love the health bar options, and the new map seems very cool as well. Might actually spend some time there unlike the domain if lagstan

@squallaus.8321 said:well if they change every reset daily then thats good. shoudl keep it that way :)

Yeah good point at least we wont get screwed for an entire week. Also on the other hand we will have some weeks where they might randomly be easier although I dont remember any instability even being an issue on cm's.

Archived