New Legendary Dagger feedback

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Vyrulisse.1246" said:It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

I mean, at this point, I'm waiting for scepter of orr being BLC skin.

Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

Both are in game. Gemstore is part of the game, even set up as being part of the lore. Both creation of the Claw and possible Scepter being BLC skin make no sense in terms of storytelling.

U arent wielding the actual thing so it w/e

It's called Claw of the Khan Ur.

Calling it a replica wouldnt be wierd considering u throwing 2k+gold at zommoros for it.

So it's not a replica.

Calling it a replica would* be wierd considering u're throwing 2k+ at zommoros for it.

Sorry for ze typo.

nah, it would be calling in appropriate. Nothing in the game says it's replica, even in patch notes we are told we are crafting THE Claw of the Khan Ur.

Well ye but if the patch told you "hey u are paying 2k+ gold for a fake" ppl would complain.

So it's not a fake. You really are inconsistent with your argumentantion. You;re trying to explain that legendaries are fakes - while it's never established - meanwhile saying that calli the Claw a fake is inappropriate.

You know, they could make literally anything for a dagger, treat it like other legendaries - an insignificant gold sink. But they deliberately decided to use the Claw, disrespecting the lore in the process. I believe they did this for one reason - they have no clue or desire to do anything with the Claw and just pretend GoA never happened.

My god. If someone sold you a fake paint for the price of the actual would he tell u its the fake? No same thing goes in game, prob no one is aware that we are running with replicas except zommoros and his assistant prob.

If they acted the way u think they they wouldnt place the actual weapon in the dud's office inside back citadel.

Much like they wouldnt present the shining blade and give it spotlight and lore if they intented to use it as a lehendary.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Vyrulisse.1246" said:It shouldn't be called what it is. I don't know why A.net can't just have some lore things remain unique and not pass them out among everyone in the world that wants one.

Dont u thing 1 being an ingame item while the other being a gemstore skins is kinda not the same?

Both are in game. Gemstore is part of the game, even set up as being part of the lore. Both creation of the Claw and possible Scepter being BLC skin make no sense in terms of storytelling.

Calling it a replica wouldnt be wierd considering u throwing 2k+gold at zommoros for it.

So it's not a replica.

Calling it a replica would* be wierd considering u're throwing 2k+ at zommoros for it.

Sorry for ze typo.

nah, it would be calling in appropriate. Nothing in the game says it's replica, even in patch notes we are told we are crafting THE Claw of the Khan Ur.

Well ye but if the patch told you "hey u are paying 2k+ gold for a fake" ppl would complain.

So it's not a fake. You really are inconsistent with your argumentantion. You;re trying to explain that legendaries are fakes - while it's never established - meanwhile saying that calli the Claw a fake is inappropriate.

You know, they could make literally anything for a dagger, treat it like other legendaries - an insignificant gold sink. But they deliberately decided to use the Claw, disrespecting the lore in the process. I believe they did this for one reason - they have no clue or desire to do anything with the Claw and just pretend GoA never happened.

My god. If someone sold you a fake paint for the price of the actual would he tell u its the fake? No same thing goes in game, prob no one is aware that we are running with replicas except zommoros and his assistant prob.

If they acted the way u think they they wouldnt place the actual weapon in the dud's office inside back citadel.

Much like they wouldnt present the shining blade and give it spotlight and lore if they intented to use it as a lehendary.

So are you claiming Anet is releasing fake dagger on purpose? What argument is that?

We're never going to agree on this and I'm tired of running circles with you. I understand you simply don't care about lore integrity and you see no problem in the Claw being released the way it is.

I don't.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

So it's not a replica.

Sorry for ze typo.

So are you claiming Anet is releasing fake dagger on purpose? What argument is that?

We're never going to agree on this and I'm tired of running circles with you. I understand you simply don't care about lore integrity and you see no problem in the Claw being released the way it is.

I don't.

the problem I see here is that you ignore every bit of already established lore that does not support your theory of evil AN ruining lore integrity theorem. basically you are flailing on how AN is bad for ruining your headcannon which headcannon ignored many points of established official cannon you didn't like.

what the other guy is saying is that legendary dagger is a "fake" (or copy) of the original but the patch notes didn't call it copy because of it being very pricy copy. Which makes as much sense as any other valid theory on what exacly legendaries are within in-game lore I have seen so far.

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

So it's not a replica.

Sorry for ze typo.

I don't.

the problem I see here is that you ignore every bit of already established lore that does not support your theory of evil AN ruining lore integrity theorem. basically you are flailing on how AN is bad for ruining your headcannon which headcannon ignored many points of established official cannon you didn't like.

what the other guy is saying is that legendary dagger is a "fake" (or copy) of the original but the patch notes didn't call it copy because of it being very pricy copy. Which makes as much sense as any other valid theory on what exacly legendaries are within in-game lore I have seen so far.

Where in the lore it is established that the Claw is a fake? Or any legendary?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

So it's not a replica.

Sorry for ze typo.

I don't.

there is established lore on how one gets "legendary" grade items - what those items ARE is not directly stated from what I recall in the game.

which is why I said that this other guys theory seems as good as any other valid theory on the nature of legendaries I have seen.

you have two options here really - either do as others do and aknowledge that yer "legendary" dagger is not physically same item as the original it is named after - or aknowledge that zommoros can make things be in multiple places at the same time - because original claw IS in the black citadel and this is well established and clearly stated lore predating them even putting the model into the game itself.

Lore incoherency you accuse AN off would be if actuall legendaries were like given as a collection reward explicitally stating that you are receiving original thing - which would go against the fact that original is where it is and would incite all the issues you have mentioned.

for now only cannonically established lore on those items is that you give a precursor with 3 gifts to an ancient powerfull djin and you get back from him an item that shares shares the name and appearance of in this case claw of khan-ur that is also imbued with noticeably powerfull magic [exhibiting item specific aura] and the void this leaves gives plenty of room for multiple theories that does not break anything in any other piece of established canonical lore which means that "integrity" of lore is intact.

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

So it's not a replica.

Sorry for ze typo.

I don't.

there is established lore on how one gets "legendary" grade items - what those items ARE is not directly stated from what I recall in the game.

which is why I said that this other guys theory seems as good as any other valid theory on the nature of legendaries I have seen.

you have two options here really - either do as others do and aknowledge that yer "legendary" dagger is not physically same item as the original it is named after - or aknowledge that zommoros can make things be in multiple places at the same time - because original claw IS in the black citadel and this is well established and clearly stated lore predating them even putting the model into the game itself.

Lore incoherency you accuse AN off would be if actuall legendaries were like given as a collection reward explicitally stating that you are receiving original thing - which would go against the fact that original is where it is and would incite all the issues you have mentioned.

for now only cannonically established lore on those items is that you give a precursor with 3 gifts to an ancient powerfull djin and you get back from him an item that shares shares the name and appearance of in this case claw of khan-ur that is also imbued with noticeably powerfull magic [exhibiting item specific aura] and the void this leaves gives plenty of room for multiple theories that does not break anything in any other piece of established canonical lore which means that "integrity" of lore is intact.

Within lore every player character is the same person - the Commander. And we know how Commander received Caladbolg, may conside One Path Ends explanation on how we received the Blade but that's where explanations end. There is no reason for Hobbs to have all the recipies and at the end Zommoros to give us these items. Again, if we accept the fact that GW2 lore is irrelevant and only serves a purpose on selling gems, I dare Anet to sell Scepter of Orr as BLC skin. At this point, anything can be justified.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

So it's not a replica.

Sorry for ze typo.

I don't.

Within lore every player character is the same person - the Commander. And we know how Commander received Caladbolg, may conside One Path Ends explanation on how we received the Blade but that's where explanations end. There is no reason for Hobbs to have all the recipies and at the end Zommoros to give us these items. Again, if we accept the fact that GW2 lore is irrelevant and only serves a purpose on selling gems, I dare Anet to sell Scepter of Orr as BLC skin. At this point, anything can be justified.

Ppl find the recipes for alot of the mf items and put them on the wiki. Hobbs might so happen that is smart and decides ti capitalise on these recipes by asking u something in return for them.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

So it's not a replica.

Sorry for ze typo.

I don't.

and this is exacly the part which I refered to when I said you ignore established lore bits that does not fit your narrative....

yes we have got explanation on how commander gets caladbolg, no one path ends does not give explanation on how commander actually gets the blade. There is established lore on why Hobbs have those recipies even if it's not blow up out of proportions in size. and there is a decent chun of established lore on zomorros with a hint of mystery on it.

At this point I'm afraid you are no longer trying to argue your stance - you are preaching your "only truth" - while wildly ignoring argumentation going against. and selling gems has hardly anything to do with how they utilise legendary weapons.

and actually I'd not mind sceptter of orr becoming gen2 legendary scepter... unless they already made gen2 scepter and I missed it...

@aandiarie.7195 said::open_mouth: Anet forgot the glowly legendary effects for the new legendary O_O

The effects are very, very toned down. The aura is very faint when the toon is under daylight conditions. The brown footsteps blend into sandy/rocky backgrounds. Nothing pops. :/

Should have saved my mats for the next scepter or GS but who knows when those drop?

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

So it's not a replica.

Sorry for ze typo.

I don't.

and this is exacly the part which I refered to when I said you ignore established lore bits that does not fit your narrative....

yes we have got explanation on how commander gets caladbolg, no one path ends does not give explanation on how commander actually gets the blade. There is established lore on why Hobbs have those recipies even if it's not blow up out of proportions in size. and there is a decent chun of established lore on zomorros with a hint of mystery on it.

At this point I'm afraid you are no longer trying to argue your stance - you are preaching your "only truth" - while wildly ignoring argumentation going against. and selling gems has hardly anything to do with how they utilise legendary weapons.

and actually I'd not mind sceptter of orr becoming gen2 legendary scepter... unless they already made gen2 scepter and I missed it...

I agree.

What our characters get or wield is not part of the "canon". The wardrobe and equipment systems are purely game mechanics that are not part of the canon. So us having a weapon (or using its skin) has almost nothing to do with the lore. Caladbolg being obtainable in-game after the ending of HoT is one of the few examples of obtaining an item that is significant to the lore and even then it's the act of restoring Caladbolg that's significant to the lore, the resulting item itself isn't really significant, it's just a really, really versatile ascended weapon (with the ability to change its form it's arguably better than a legendary). Otherwise the skins and items you get or choose to use aren't referred to or all that significant in terms of lore. They're just skins or items that hold skins. They're not referred to in-game because they're at all not significant. For example:

• I've received 4 Caladbolgs so far. I've even dual-wielded 2 Caladbolgs, Scepter and Dagger on my Necro. I basically received those on 2 other commanders and wielded them on a third "commander" who has not only never defeated Mordremoth (or Zhaitan for that matter) he has never even met Trahearne.
  • At times I've dual-wielded Incinerator on my thief but I only own one Incinerator. The other is just a Zojja's dagger with a skin.
  • If I wear Kasmeer's outfit then she's not stuck at home wondering who stole her clothes. If we meet she doesn't comment on me stealing her look.
  • If I wear the White Mantle outfit then meet the Queen of Kryta during A Meeting of Ministers she doesn't react at all, not even to comment on my poor taste. (I don't actually own that outfit because I really, deeply hate those guys since the first game, they are the worst people).
  • If I dual-wield two Claws and enter Smodur's quarters the real Claw doesn't disappear. Hell, I can walk into his office wielding a copper dagger and walk out twirling the Claw and no-one, not a guard or an imperator would even bat an eyelid.
  • I can "change" my Claw into an Incinerator and back again with a few mouse clicks.

Why? Because the in-game items we get and how we use them is not supposed to be significant in terms of lore. They're just skins or outfits or whatever. What you're wearing or wielding is not part of the canon. You having something doesn't make it part of the lore. It's just a cosmetic choice. In the case of legendary weapons a very expensive cosmetic choice.

The fact that you get it from the mystic forge is mostly just an in-game mechanism but does provide a vague basis of lore for how we get these supposedly unique or even lost items (i.e. it's magic; a wish granted by a powerful djinn in return for a whole bunch of stuff). That said, I reckon the real Claw of the Khan-Ur is just a chunk of metal that doesn't summon images of the first Khan-Ur and his children whenever you unsheathe it, so I guess in that respect you do get your money's worth when you get stuff from Zommoros.

A lot of these weapons are there so people can enjoy and experience the lore in game, rather than simply on the wiki, or in a single instance, or even just in a novel in the case of the Claw. For RPers it's possibly a cool prop for role-playing, for a handful (I would guess) it's an affront, for everyone else it's just a skin. It's a skin that's either a cool nod to the lore in the game or an ugly skin they don't want.

As for it being a legendary weapon that means a few things:

• it has a unique skin
  • you can change the stats
  • it has the best possible stats (i.e. ascended)
  • there are unique visual effects
  • it's a lot more expensive than most weapons (i.e. it's a good materials sink for the game)
  • creating these are good long-term goals, sure you can bust out your credit card if you want to spend hundreds of euro/dollars/pounds on it but for those that don't it's a good long-term goal
  • the item is purple and purple is clearly the best colour. Just look at the branded! They're the best dragon minions. And that's 100% fact.

I actually quite like it, but the lack of trails and the muddy pawprints are disappointing. If the pawprints were metallic-shiny, like bronze for example, that would make them stand out more without being OTT. The aura is also BARELY DISCERNIBLE, possibly because of the dyes on the characters' armour, but i really had to look to see the faint golden/brown sheen on certain armour parts.

@Rukia.4802 said:Why is it fire theme? We already have Incinerator and the base model looks like your average crappy black lion skin. I'm pretty sure I actually have this skin already from my GW1 achievement reward.. lul.

similar one but not same. Claw oh Khan-ur has much more detail in the model/textures than claw of centurion [which is basically hunk of metal shaped in similar fashion]

I crafted the dagger and to be honest, it does need something more to it. I feel as the lack of weapon trail is bad. You cant even tell that its a legendary when when wielding it apart from drawing the weapon. The orange aura is too low, it doesn't compare to lets say, Quip aura.

This legendary needs a visual update asap.

Archived