The best healers in their field...?

TwiceDead.1963

I'm thinking it's mostly a competition between Druids and Revenants when it comes to healing, but since I can actually afford crafting Ascended Minstrel equipment now, I can't make up my mind which to go for.

Which one of these is better for Raids? Which one is better for WvW zergs? Which is better at burst healing? Which has better sustained healing? Which one wins in the "Ease of Use" category? If there's a class that can heal other than Druid or Revenant, then TELL ME YOUR SECRETS, YOU MINSTRELS!

... Please? :anguished:

Please discuss.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:Oh. I forgot about Firebrand.

Why not Revenants? I know people are under the impression they (really) suck, but I thought they were among the best healers.

Rev doesn't bring much other than raw healing and druid brings much better offensive support through might, fury, spotter, and spirits while firebrand brings much better defensive mitigation with more cleanses, stability, aegis. Also ventari tablet is kind of difficult to use with it's tiny radius and 3 sec CD every time you want to move it.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@TwiceDead.1963 said:Oh. I forgot about Firebrand.

Why not Revenants? I know people are under the impression they (really) suck, but I thought they were among the best healers.

Rev doesn't bring much other than raw healing and druid brings much better offensive support through might, fury, spotter, and spirits while firebrand brings much better defensive mitigation with more cleanses, stability, aegis. Also ventari tablet is kind of difficult to use with it's tiny radius and 3 sec CD every time you want to move it.

Using the Tablet efficiently does indeed take some training and awareness where the others are but don't dismiss Rev just because of that. Rev is bringing really good CC and has access to alacrity. As a Renegade you can even pump a decent amount of might and more Alacrity, the Renegade healing skill is basically an overpowered regen field and Soulcleave can be quite broken as a healing skill.

@ OP: The Firebrand was mentioned but there is also another good healing class. Tempest. The big plus of the Tempest is, that its quite difficult to avoid the healing he is doing. Soothing Mist is a trait that gives you a passive healing Aura with a 600 radius and Staff AA is a decent heal, there are also Overload Water and the Tempest heal skill which are good too. The Tempest can also rezz people quite fast with Geyser ( Rezzing can also be traited so you drop a Geyser when rezzing. ).

Also while the first heal place is a druid in Raids the second heal place can be utilized better with a different healer. Rev, Firebrand and Ele are better at healing than Druid. What secures the first place for Druid are Might, Fury and the Spirits, not his ability to heal.

For WvW zerg healing nothing beats tempest but they are a dying breed since zerging is now around 70% condi scourges and 25% minstrel firebrands, with 5% random yokels that still hasnt figured out they should go condi scourge or minstrel firebrand. Not having decent AoE healbots makes chasing zergs hilarious because stragglers drop like flies. No passive heals, no water fields, no nothing. Sure the firebrand frontline can sustain like hell but backline is toast. The "protection" nowadays is leaving behind a billion red circles that literally fear you away every 3-5 meters but that is only effective in corridors.

Mmm... I don't want to go Firebrand, honestly. Don't really like Guardian much, and from what i can hear Rev seems like it's more work than it's worth... Tempest sounds cool though, and the materials are cheaper than Medium armor.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:For WvW zerg healing nothing beats tempest but they are a dying breed since zerging is now around 70% condi scourges and 25% minstrel firebrands, with 5% random yokels that still hasnt figured out they should go condi scourge or minstrel firebrand. Not having decent AoE healbots makes chasing zergs hilarious because stragglers drop like flies. No passive heals, no water fields, no nothing. Sure the firebrand frontline can sustain like hell but backline is toast. The "protection" nowadays is leaving behind a billion red circles that literally fear you away every 3-5 meters but that is only effective in corridors.

Soo... Is this advocating for or against Tempest? Because I am really considering Tempest right now.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:Soo... Is this advocating for or against Tempest? Because I am really considering Tempest right now.Depends on whether the commander allow you to join the tag or not. Most assume that anyone not a scourge or firebrand should change to scourge or firebrand or get kicked. Or they get dumped in a party with the rest of the crap classes that no one cares about. You can run next to them and heal, sure. But you really shouldnt.

I play healing rev on occasion. I run harriers, though. The build has some problems, but they're more or less meta-issues rather than problems directly tied to the class. Taken in a vacuum, the healing rev is really good. It outputs a lot of sustained healing, a lot of burst healing, it can cap might, cleanse condis, maintain permanent alacrity, stack vulnerability, it has a unique group ferocity buff, excellent CC, and also it can block projectiles for days.

The problem is... that's not the role people want in PVE. The current support setup for raids and fractals is druid + chrono, and the reason is simple: druid has more unique buffs. It doesn't heal as well or do as much damage, but with a druid you more unique group bonuses. Chronomancers also maintain permanent group alacrity, along with many other things. The combination of druid + chrono covers many more things than renegade + anything else. So, you'll only get to use healing renegade with groups filled with unique builds, or with newbies who don't know or don't care what particular group composition is. This leads to a second issue...

Healing rev heals in a narrow, slow moving area. With a competent group this isn't an issue, since most people will know to stay on boss or under the tablet. But, those teams prefer druid. So, you'll likely end up on a competent adjacent group, filled with players who's first instinct when taking damage is run flailing in a panicked frenzy. This poses a problem, because they move out of the range of heals, putting themselves further at risk. Playing a game of chase the n00b with the tablet is extremely difficult, and it puts the rest of the team at risk.

I haven't used healing rev in WvW yet, but I have seen it used. Overall... not that bad. It has two big advantages. First, with herald you can give everyone a lot of boons, including powerful regen. Second, if you place the tablet on siege, you can out-heal arrow carts.

Druid brings support and offensive buffs.

Rev has maybe one of the best party heals ingame. Burst and sustain.

Ele is pretty decent as well. Dmg mitigation via frostarmor

Firebrand is pretty good as well.

So druid is the most offenisve one. But not good in wvw for zergs. Firebrand rev and ele do way more healing than druid.And for raids one druid is enough. He should be able to stack 25 might and put down his spirits. So as a second healer is pretty smart to pick one of the other three

Archived