How to beat a Mesmer in SPvP?

Crab Fear.1624

mesmer is incredibly strong atm, that being said most people playing power mesmer are easy bags/+5 depending on the game mode. Playing other classes my first objective is finding out what sort of build they are playing (if i can't the fight normally goes south). I honestly don't mind fighting mesmer when playing other classes unless it is a matchup like power reaper versus condi mesmer.Edit: Mesmer is OP, Mesmer players suck so it sort of balances out. Good mesmers will give you the rip.

Have beaten many as War. But its not easy and your timings and kiting have to be on point. Usually find the initial burst is the most important thing to dodge, and there is an element of guessing when thats about to hit. If you get hit by the initial burst you usually spend the rest of the fight trying to recover. Power mes is considerably easier to fight than condi though.

• 3 years later...

I fricked up a mes on DE. Rolling back into stealth buys you time to sus out the real target. Then with stealth burst - bam! Done. However, stealth mes is ridiculous to fight. They blink all over the place and pop out the shadows to bum rush you. You can't rely on direct hitting, so AoE condi is your best friend. Can't get a good target on them, then frick up the ground they runnin on, right? Going to try necro on one next time. At this point, I've noticed all enemy roamers are mesmers - very annoying. Bout to go balthazar on the map - burn it all down! 

• Confused 2

On 7/14/2021 at 4:16 AM, realmckay.1574 said:

I fricked up a mes on DE. Rolling back into stealth buys you time to sus out the real target. Then with stealth burst - bam! Done. However, stealth mes is ridiculous to fight. They blink all over the place and pop out the shadows to bum rush you. You can't rely on direct hitting, so AoE condi is your best friend. Can't get a good target on them, then frick up the ground they runnin on, right? Going to try necro on one next time. At this point, I've noticed all enemy roamers are mesmers - very annoying. Bout to go balthazar on the map - burn it all down! 

Deadeye has always been countered by it

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

use all skills of cd when you have 13 confusion stacks

bonus points for spamming insta-casts, also getting quickness and spaming auto-attacks when out of range as holo is the best thing you can do ( looking at you random plat 2 holo complainer lul )

Edited by Leonidrex.5649

1 hour ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Don't even need a mesmer to completely nullify a deadeye at the moment. Since, y'know, necromancers finally learned how to use Poison Cloud.

Im still laughing internally at this

Then I sit with existential dread at how many other possible things people could learn how to use if they would step out of meta for two seconds, and the potential cries and whine that would follow. 

• Like 2