Bladed Coat not purchasable from the vendor in Verdant Brink

As title says, all the other armor pieces are at the vendor for airship parts + gold. So why isn't the coat available?The events that drops the bladed armor box is really frustrating to do, and require alot of players. I've tried to find larger groups but it just doesn't exist.I'm aware that you can gain the bladed armor from pvp/wvw reward tracks, but I have alot of tracks to do until I even can unlock the track itself.This just makes the progress tedious and annoying, since the other armor sets are available right from the vendor.

Getting to T4 in VB doesn't require that many people. It does require enough folks that know how the map works, with at least some of them explaining it to those who don't (which will always be most of the players present). There are plenty of guides that go into details, but the short version is: spread out, avoid commander or mentor tags and get as many events done as quickly as possible.

WHen nighttime hits, spread out at the various camps around each VB area (noble, Itzel etc). There should be 4 camps in total for each area. 2-3 ppl per each camp defense is more than enough(1 can defend too, harder though), and in the intervals between camp defending, run supplies to camps for easier next def. At this point, you should be (if most camps have been defended during the first 25 mins) at T2.

At the 20min timer choppers will land in every camp you have in your posession (not lost to Mordrem). 5 bosses spawn, in the canopy above. You should kill all 5 within the time limit, easily enough, and if everything goes well, there is your T4 map. If it gets to high T3, before timer ends after all nightbosses have been killed, do ground events (kill mordrem veterans etc). Hope this helps!

@Voltekka.2375 said:

1. WHen nighttime hits, spread out at the various camps around each VB area (noble, Itzel etc). There should be 4 camps in total for each area. 2-3 ppl per each camp defense is more than enough(1 can defend too, harder though), and in the intervals between camp defending, run supplies to camps for easier next def. At this point, you should be (if most camps have been defended during the first 25 mins) at T2.
  2. At the 20min timer choppers will land in every camp you have in your posession (not lost to Mordrem). 5 bosses spawn, in the canopy above. You should kill all 5 within the time limit, easily enough, and if everything goes well, there is your T4 map. If it gets to high T3, before timer ends after all nightbosses have been killed, do ground events (kill mordrem veterans etc). Hope this helps!

Thanks alot! You're summary helped me gather a squad and actually manage to do until T4 !Still kinda bumbed about why you can't just buy it from the actual vendor... ^^ But now I know it's atleast possible!

Archived