delete

Chilli.2976

What MMORPG game are you looking at requires you to update your comp? I've been researching "competitive" rpg games and... nothing is out there.

I refuse to play WoW but I have been looking into FF14 a bit... I hear they've updated FF14's PvP drastically (added new skills specifically for PvP) but that's all I hear of it.

@"Saiyan.1704" said:What MMORPG game are you looking at requires you to update your comp? I've been researching "competitive" rpg games and... nothing is out there.

I refuse to play WoW but I have been looking into FF14 a bit... I hear they've updated FF14's PvP drastically (added new skills specifically for PvP) but that's all I hear of it.

I will never ever again look at a MMO for the competitive aspect of the game. I enjoy FPS games CSGO, PUBG, Fornite - etc and if I do take up streaming I will want a game that can actually get viewers just saying.

@Chilli.2976 said:

@"Saiyan.1704" said:What MMORPG game are you looking at requires you to update your comp? I've been researching "competitive" rpg games and... nothing is out there.

I will never ever again look at a MMO for the competitive aspect of the game. I enjoy FPS games CSGO, PUBG, Fornite - etc and if I do take up streaming I will want a game that can actually get viewers just saying.

Oh my bad, I automatically thought you meant an MMORPG pvp game. Yea dude I've been playing Pubg and I'm basically addicted to that game lol. You don't need a super buffed computer to run them though... Unless you're already playing on a toaster o_o...

Stohp playing on a toaster!

@Saiyan.1704 said:

@Saiyan.1704 said:What MMORPG game are you looking at requires you to update your comp? I've been researching "competitive" rpg games and... nothing is out there.

Oh my bad, I automatically thought you meant an MMORPG pvp game. Yea dude I've been playing Pubg and I'm basically addicted to that game lol. You don't need a super buffed computer to run them though... Unless you're already playing on a toaster o_o...

Stohp playing on a toaster!

It's a toaster a really bad toaster, I'm surprised its still working. All I can say is 2012.

Is this your first season in spvp? This is usually the case , it's only at 60 game total at the moment, by end of the season everyone starts rank up again and the leader-board changes completely.

anyone in the top 1-250 shouldn't even focus on their status at the moment because the last week of the season you'll need at least 1600 rating to even be top 200. As for the gain and loses has been the same for a while, why most top 1-20 don't play more then 2-4 games every 3 days, what they usually do is get to a minimal of 100 games total after a few weeks of rank then play 2 games every few days while they camp their spot because a lot of the other players barely has over 60 games total played.

@zoopop.5630 said:Is this your first season in spvp? This is usually the case , it's only at 60 game total at the moment, by end of the season everyone starts rank up again and the leader-board changes completely.

anyone in the top 1-250 shouldn't even focus on their status at the moment because the last week of the season you'll need at least 1600 rating to even be top 200. As for the gain and loses has been the same for a while, why most top 1-20 don't play more then 2-4 games every 3 days, what they usually do is get to a minimal of 100 games total after a few weeks of rank then play 2 games every few days while they camp their spot because a lot of the other players barely has over 60 games total played.

uhhh no this is not my first season lol - i've played since beta and every season soo I think im pretty experience :thinking: the current system forces you NOT to play if you want the top spots how the fuck is that competitive? you should be playing MORE than 1 game every 3 days??? its a joke??? so your looking at 2 games a day for 60 days LUL ok good stuff...........uhhhh IDC anymore

A game mode that forces you to play minimum requirements for a population the size ???? uh IDK . game mode is DEAD population is DEAD that is why NA is top 10 1700-1685 LUL?? look at EU all good.

Yeah this season is horrible, rating distribution wise.

Anecdotally, every other season I've placed plat 2, top 250 and have played to climb/maintain that position throughout the season.

This season I placed 100 rating less than every other season, but find myself in the same exact situation as prior seasons against the same exact people as prior seasons.

This is just going to be an opinion; but I think ANet sacrifices too much competition in matchmaking for queue speed. It seems to me that when the playerbase no longer wants to play for the enjoyment of it as well as feeling forced to play at a specific time to synchronize with the playtimes of other people within a competitive range of players because the matchmaker will screw them if they don't, that even though the population will inevitably be cited as part of the problem, that maybe it's all just a symptom of a poor matchmaking algorithm.

I mean, is it really right to unevenly distribute higher skill ranked players into teams with lower skill ranked players and then have the code actually process to an accurate degree some sort of skill ranked adjustment based on completely uneven and inprecise matches? Rank really shouldn't even be touched unless the match that occurs has an incredibly precise match quality, which clearly, when people on the same team can be full ranks apart, the matches aren't.

@Chilli.2976 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:Is this your first season in spvp? This is usually the case , it's only at 60 game total at the moment, by end of the season everyone starts rank up again and the leader-board changes completely.

uhhh no this is not my first season lol - i've played since beta and every season soo I think im pretty experience :thinking: the current system forces you NOT to play if you want the top spots how the kitten is that competitive? you should be playing MORE than 1 game every 3 days??? its a joke??? so your looking at 2 games a day for 60 days LUL ok good stuff...........uhhhh IDC anymore

A game mode that forces you to play minimum requirements for a population the size ???? uh IDK . game mode is DEAD population is DEAD that is why NA is top 10 1700-1685 LUL?? look at EU all good.

ya i agree.... it's pretty bad but it's been like this for a while and i also made post about changing how the leader board is currently.

top 100 eu is top 10 na, na is dead and has been like this since few seasons.

But this season is the worst I've seen, not balance wise (if we don't count mesmer) but the people, the players that are currently playing ranked are the worst players i've seen in all seasons, from season 1 to this.They don't kite, they don't communicate, they don't focus, they don't pick targets, they tank damage on node, they die on node, they go for beasts etc etc etc.

If you add a system where it PUNISHES you for playing more games then yes ranked is a joke and it should die.

@Elxdark.9702 said:top 100 eu is top 10 na, na is dead and has been like this since few seasons.

But this season is the worst I've seen, not balance wise (if we don't count mesmer) but the people, the players that are currently playing ranked are the worst players i've seen in all seasons, from season 1 to this.They don't kite, they don't communicate, they don't focus, they don't pick targets, they tank damage on node, they die on node, they go for beasts etc etc etc.

If you add a system where it PUNISHES you for playing more games then yes ranked is a joke and it should die.

I agree. Bad teammates after bad teammates. I think it is linked to Free to play accounts, people that no longer care and throw games, or low PvP population and you are forced to play a much better team than yours.

It's so frustrating and 8 times out of 10 if you try to help the bad players they still do whatever they want and throw the game.

@BMW.2951 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:top 100 eu is top 10 na, na is dead and has been like this since few seasons.

I agree. Bad teammates after bad teammates. I think it is linked to Free to play accounts, people that no longer care and throw games, or low PvP population and you are forced to play a much better team than yours.

It's so frustrating and 8 times out of 10 if you try to help the bad players they still do whatever they want and throw the game.

It’s rare to get good team quality. Most of the time people don’t even talk unless it’s to say you suck.

Completely agree with you.

It’s about time that NA and EU merges, anet has to find a solution regarding ping though I guess, but because otherwise this gamemode is over. Merging the servers would somewhat revive it as the playerbase for pvp would obviously increase. Competitiveness between EU and NA would just rise which would be a good thing for pvp as it needs some kind of competitiveness.

Archived