Revenant Ideas for Revamp

Vino.7923

Hello fans of the Revenant profession!With the new changes to water combat i think it is time for some Revenant love.My idea is to bring more weapon skills choices like the Elementalist/Firebrand, one weapon with 3 or 4 stances to chose. When the stance i chosen the weapons skill will change their effect properties like for example Hammer skills getting condition effects in Demon form, heal in Centaur form and Et cetera with the other stances and weapons. This will only change the skills of the weapons, not the visual effects so it will be easier to implement. This mean that the water combat will benefit greatly too. I think this concept will bring strong gameplay, adding more variations and decisions where to spend your recourse in battle . What do you think is it a bit too much?

@"Arkantos.7460" said:i think after mesma and deadeye rework , we have to wait half or 1 year for our revamp because other classes need theese a lot more then renegade

I disagree. Revs are the least popular class in the game, and are the most restricted in terms of how one is able to play them. They almost definitely need a "revamp" more than other classes, who may at most need some tweaks.

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

@"Arkantos.7460" said:i think after mesma and deadeye rework , we have to wait half or 1 year for our revamp because other classes need theese a lot more then renegade

I disagree. Revs are the least popular class in the game, and are the most restricted in terms of how one is able to play them. They almost definitely need a "revamp" more than other classes, who may at most need some tweaks.

Their mechanic restrict them too much at the moment to have any flavour.

Revenant is the least played class, I feel, mostly because it is locked for free-to-play accounts. I will agree that they could use a little more love, seeing as they've had less time than other classes spent working on it.

@"Einlanzer.1627" said:I disagree. Revs are the least popular class in the game, and are the most restricted in terms of how one is able to play them. They almost definitely need a "revamp" more than other classes, who may at most need some tweaks.

The least popular, therefore. Why would Anet waste time on them? If anything. Revenant would be the LAST class to get any revamps. They "work" as well as Anet bothers to care that they do. They dont get cries of being broken or anything like Mesmer and Thief does.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@"Einlanzer.1627" said:I disagree. Revs are the least popular class in the game, and are the most restricted in terms of how one is able to play them. They almost definitely need a "revamp" more than other classes, who may at most need some tweaks.

The least popular, therefore. Why would Anet waste time on them? If anything. Revenant would be the LAST class to get any revamps. They "work" as well as Anet bothers to care that they do. They dont get cries of being broken or anything like Mesmer and Thief does.

Because if Rev gets tuned up, more people will want to play it ergo more people will buy the expansion! Everybody wins!

@Vino.7923 said:Because if Rev gets tuned up, more people will want to play it ergo more people will buy the expansion! Everybody wins!

Thats not how it works. Changes happen to either classes/specs/mechanics that are constantly complained at being overpowered or ones that are played enough make changing mechanics worth the time and effort. They see Revenant, they see its hardly played. They see that its not maoned at for being overpowered (though Herald is still cheese mode imo) so while the class NEEDS the work, they dont see any reason to do it.

Anet works from the logic that if its played its worth doing. A class that is barely played isnt worth fixing. I mean look at all the effort they went through to RUIN the class before it was even released anyway with the total chainsaw madness they took to Mal, its NOTHING like it was meant to be. yet they only did half a job (if that) at changing it leaving many traits and effects from the previous version there showing what we COULD have had.

Unless something drastically changed Mesmer was in the bottom 3 classes played and they still got a rework, since it makes way more sense to rework classes that aren’t liked than to rework something that everyone already likes.

The only change i would need on Herald is what i already said in another thread, make utilities work like monk bonds from gw1... this would provide good E-management and players would decide who needs the boons rahter than pulse for closest 4 targets...

@Durzlla.6295 said:Unless something drastically changed Mesmer was in the bottom 3 classes played and they still got a rework, since it makes way more sense to rework classes that aren’t liked than to rework something that everyone already likes.

Yet they were EVERYWHERE in PvP and WvW. They were kinda meh in PvE due to the Phantasms and guess what got changed? Elsewhere they were very popular. It would be interesting to see how many of each class are played on a weekly basis for EACH mode. They got a rework because the Phantasm mechanic was DIABOLICAL in PvE, most things would be either dead before then Phantasms could do anything or die to the endless amounts of AoE everywhere.

@Vino.7923 said:Because if Rev gets tuned up, more people will want to play it ergo more people will buy the expansion! Everybody wins!

Thats not how it works. Changes happen to either classes/specs/mechanics that are constantly complained at being overpowered or ones that are played enough make changing mechanics worth the time and effort. They see Revenant, they see its hardly played. They see that its not maoned at for being overpowered (though Herald is still cheese mode imo) so while the class NEEDS the work, they dont see any reason to do it.

Anet works from the logic that if its played its worth doing. A class that is barely played isnt worth fixing. I mean look at all the effort they went through to RUIN the class before it was even released anyway with the total chainsaw madness they took to Mal, its NOTHING like it was meant to be. yet they only did half a job (if that) at changing it leaving many traits and effects from the previous version there showing what we COULD have had.

It is a bit funny when you mentioned Anet logic, because last time i checked underwater combat is like less than 5% of the whole game and there was this big patch that gave Revenant a second weapon along with other changes. So are you still holding to that logic?

@Vino.7923 said:It is a bit funny when you mentioned Anet logic, because last time i checked underwater combat is like less than 5% of the whole game and there was this big patch that gave Revenant a second weapon along with other changes. So are you still holding to that logic?

Awwww. Thats cute. You think these changes were with the player in mind? We can all pretty much guess whats going to be a heavy aspect of the next expansion (whether we want it to be or not...) These changes do NOTHING to fix under water combat and expect much more to come in the months leading up to t he release of the next expansion. Unless they make big changes to PvP and WvW it will be another PvE expansion that does little for the other game modes.

The question would be, IF the player base got the CHOICE to decide if under water would be a big part of the next expansion, i wonder how many would say no. Look at how long it has taken them to do ANY changes to under water, they even removed the PvP map altogether, not sure if its come back but it kinda said something about them that at the time, they didnt want to actually put any effort into underwater combat, because it was badly designed. Badly implemented and my god its dreadful when fighting other players.

@Vino.7923 said:It is a bit funny when you mentioned Anet logic, because last time i checked underwater combat is like less than 5% of the whole game and there was this big patch that gave Revenant a second weapon along with other changes. So are you still holding to that logic?

Awwww. Thats cute. You think these changes were with the player in mind? We can all pretty much guess whats going to be a heavy aspect of the next expansion (whether we want it to be or not...) These changes do NOTHING to fix under water combat and expect much more to come in the months leading up to t he release of the next expansion. Unless they make big changes to PvP and WvW it will be another PvE expansion that does little for the other game modes.

The question would be, IF the player base got the CHOICE to decide if under water would be a big part of the next expansion, i wonder how many would say no. Look at how long it has taken them to do ANY changes to under water, they even removed the PvP map altogether, not sure if its come back but it kinda said something about them that at the time, they didnt want to actually put any effort into underwater combat, because it was badly designed. Badly implemented and my god its dreadful when fighting other players.

My point exactly. Making changes underwater where nobody cares and adding more viability to Revenant sounds like there is a big chance for class improvement overall.And the next expansion is like 2-3 years away, so a lot thinks will change until then, hopefully for the best.

@Vino.7923 said:My point exactly. Making changes underwater where nobody cares and adding more viability to Revenant sounds like there is a big chance for class improvement overall.And the next expansion is like 2-3 years away, so a lot thinks will change until then, hopefully for the best.

I would say its because they clearly have content planned that NEEDS underwater not to be so sucky (it still sucks...) So it could be some Living Story content or something. Nah, it wont be 3 years before another expansion. I'd say a year and half, maybe 2 years at most and of course they will need content before then, leading up to the expansion. My guess. Lots and lots of under water combat, maybe even adding dungeons, Raids or something that also contains under water combat.

The difference is, Mesmer mechanic was broken. It didnt work for PvE, it was meh for PvP and pretty useless for Raids. This is why it was fixed. They are over used in PvP and WvW so again, it needed to be fixed as it was kinda broken in some ways, kinda crappy in others. Compare this to Revenant. They would need to fix like 90% of the class. This isnt just changing a mechanic. They would need to change all the legends. lots of traits, change and fix skills. If it happens, i would guess it happening last as its going to be the one that requires the most work.

@"chriseggroll.8764" said:According to this, Revenant is more popular than Engineer and not really drastically lower than other professions:

The problem with this, It just says how many were created. Not how many are actively being played.

I don't see that it specifies that on the page, it does mention this though:

• Armory statistics are refreshed every thirty minutes.

@chriseggroll.8764 said:

@chriseggroll.8764 said:According to this, Revenant is more popular than Engineer and not really drastically lower than other professions:

The problem with this, It just says how many were created. Not how many are actively being played.

yeah my guess would be that its based on characters created. There are other places that show number of minutes played per a profession and such. That would be a better judge of how much each one is played.

@Vino.7923 said:My point exactly. Making changes underwater where nobody cares and adding more viability to Revenant sounds like there is a big chance for class improvement overall.And the next expansion is like 2-3 years away, so a lot thinks will change until then, hopefully for the best.

I would say its because they clearly have content planned that NEEDS underwater not to be so sucky (it still sucks...) So it could be some Living Story content or something. Nah, it wont be 3 years before another expansion. I'd say a year and half, maybe 2 years at most and of course they will need content before then, leading up to the expansion. My guess. Lots and lots of under water combat, maybe even adding dungeons, Raids or something that also contains under water combat.

The difference is, Mesmer mechanic was broken. It didnt work for PvE, it was meh for PvP and pretty useless for Raids. This is why it was fixed. They are over used in PvP and WvW so again, it needed to be fixed as it was kinda broken in some ways, kinda crappy in others. Compare this to Revenant. They would need to fix like 90% of the class. This isnt just changing a mechanic. They would need to change all the legends. lots of traits, change and fix skills. If it happens, i would guess it happening last as its going to be the one that requires the most work.

There is no need for drastic changes, they can start slow bit by bit. Like the underwater weapon. It is a prefect example of the thing i have described in the post.As for Mesmers they were Purely utility class and in pvp they were only strong because people didn't know how they work. It was fun times messing with them : DIt was either Pure Clones glass cannon with Shatter or slowly building Phantasm army. I like the changes now, that is why i mained them back then, because of Portals and Illusions.

fix sword 3 so it doesn't bug (e.g. hard cc'd by slow)

rework staff 2 to interrupt on the first part if enemy is using a skill; reduce the cast time from 3/4 to 1/2

increase the range and damage of Burst of Strength (Shackling Wave makes it look so outdated to say the least)

reduce the cast time on staff 4 from 1 sec to 3/4 sec; increase the base healing to 1.5k

reduce Facet of Light energy drain from 2 to 1 in PvP

make Cleansing Channel convert 1 condition into a boon

overhaul the shield skills:

1) make shield 4 also and attack, so it damages foes and applies vulnerability but still heals allies and gives them protection; leave it to be a ground target unblockable projectile.

2) make shield 5 clear 1 condition every pulse with extra healing for each condi cleansed (~200 base healing per condi cleanse); or alternatively - if rev is not allowed to have a decent condi cleanse potential - increase the base healing from 620 to ~ 750 and make it burst into aoe chill (~240 close range) if you leave it early.

@Miles Smiles.8951 said:

• fix sword 3 so it doesn't bug (e.g. hard cc'd by slow)
  • rework staff 2 to interrupt on the first part if enemy is using a skill; reduce the cast time from 3/4 to 1/2
  • increase the range and damage of Burst of Strength (Shackling Wave makes it look so outdated to say the least)
  • reduce the cast time on staff 4 from 1 sec to 3/4 sec; increase the base healing to 1.5k
  • reduce Facet of Light energy drain from 2 to 1 in PvP
  • make Cleansing Channel convert 1 condition into a boon
  • overhaul the shield skills:1) make shield 4 also and attack, so it damages foes and applies vulnerability but still heals allies and gives them protection; leave it to be a ground target unblockable projectile.2) make shield 5 clear 1 condition every pulse with extra healing for each condi cleansed (~200 base healing per condi cleanse); or alternatively - if rev is not allowed to have a decent condi cleanse potential - increase the base healing from 620 to ~ 750 and make it burst into aoe chill (~240 close range) if you leave it early.

All this they should do. All great and creative ideas.

@chriseggroll.8764 said:According to this, Revenant is more popular than Engineer and not really drastically lower than other professions:

yeah my guess would be that its based on characters created. There are other places that show number of minutes played per a profession and such. That would be a better judge of how much each one is played.

This one:

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

...Rev is played mostly for what does better...    roleplaying ^^ .

Personally I've been very disappointed with the revenant so far. It's a shame, I think visually it's the best profession (I love the mace animations, and the renegade effects look really cool)...However that's about it.Gameplaywise there's little to no leeway.

I think the change proposed for the weapon skill would add some flavor, and I'd also add the possibility to choose utility skills individually just like for other professions.

Because right now this profession isn't attractive at all. It's just a slot I've used by curiosity.If there's just one profession in dire need of a rework, it's this one.

Archived