So Kalla Legend... :-(

Justine.6351

Wanted to see if changes made this feel any better in place of glint on glass hammer. Was disappointed in some stuff and things.

Razorclaw's Rage, could this be more useless on anything other than a 100% condi build? And the cost and recharge, why?

Icerazor's Ire, so renegade is a condi build and there is a trait that makes chill cause torment yet this does cripple and not chill. Need I say more? Oh and it's single target unless there are multiple targets in which case it splits it's projectiles. Make them 4x bounce...

Also the summons in general suffer horribly from "no valid path". Lolwhat? Not impressed with their range but I can appreciate that we don't want to see scourge 2.0

Citadel Bombardment, dafuq is that energy cost? Is there something super hidden op about this skill? No...

Heroic Command, ok this is legit just me but I would like the option to put this on auto cast even if out of combat. Mostly aimed towards extended kalla fervor trait.

Just some observations I had before jumping back into herald glint.

@Arkantos.7460 said:just saw 2 revs on ranked plat1 today, 1 in my team with me power herald and we won .. i just deffed him ^^ was super excitingyea but skills doesnt rly fit with traits ... i think anet dont want kalla to be that powerful... sad but true

A legit concern is the 360 radius they have. Darkrazor's Daring is already borderline OP. If they went through and reduced costs on the summons, as well as improving some of them, with ~ 25e 10sec recharge for all 3 I could tolerate a 240 radius and maybe a 750 range?

@"Justine.6351" said:Also the summons in general suffer horribly from "no valid path". Lolwhat?I am getting so fucking fed up with this.

Like when I was fighting against that Jord Ironfrost in the specimen chamber. Try targeting a summon within the boundaries of his shield whenever he brings that up.

Yeah, it's not gonna happen. This of course resulted in me running around like an idiot, doing nothing and getting killed.

Fix this shit ANet

@LucianDK.8615 said:Well renegade -is- a condi espec. You need to devote yourself to condi to make use of it.

Thats why kalla gives crit damage... Or why they buffed ahortbow power damage by 300%... Anet doesn't onow what to do with this spec.

I think the only option is to make it super strong in damage both condi and power. They dont want to change mechanics of it so why not make it like a super damage buff over herald. So say like renegade in wvw does a lot more damage with hammer than herald. But is like super glass. I know now it maybe does a little more damage but not enough to take it

M already struggling with Kalla legend. What op said is spot on. ‘No valid path’ is where it hit. HahaAlso i would like to add lets say m playing kalla legend with the short bow equipped (i dont have to but for instance). And m trying to be a away from harms way (900 range) while fighting a pve boss or something, to share my F2 and F4 with my melee party i have to jump into the heat and run back out. And we know kalla or short bow has no quick mobility options. I wish it was like targetable. It does not sync with our ranged utility and shortbow.

@Leap Of Faith.8263 said:M already struggling with Kalla legend. What op said is spot on. ‘No valid path’ is where it hit. HahaAlso i would like to add lets say m playing kalla legend with the short bow equipped (i dont have to but for instance). And m trying to be a away from harms way (900 range) while fighting a pve boss or something, to share my F2 and F4 with my melee party i have to jump into the heat and run back out. And we know kalla or short bow has no quick mobility options. I wish it was like targetable. It does not sync with our ranged utility and shortbow.

F4 actually requires you to stay in range for it's 4 or 6 second duration. Could always shiro it I suppose. Huge waste of energy but ya....

@Justine.6351 said:

@Leap Of Faith.8263 said:M already struggling with Kalla legend. What op said is spot on. ‘No valid path’ is where it hit. HahaAlso i would like to add lets say m playing kalla legend with the short bow equipped (i dont have to but for instance). And m trying to be a away from harms way (900 range) while fighting a pve boss or something, to share my F2 and F4 with my melee party i have to jump into the heat and run back out. And we know kalla or short bow has no quick mobility options. I wish it was like targetable. It does not sync with our ranged utility and shortbow.

F4 actually requires you to stay in range for it's 4 or 6 second duration. Could always shiro it I suppose. Huge waste of energy but ya....

Shiro with kalla is kind of like suicide lol. 2 weak heals. And I agree, F4 with its increased range through the grandmaster trait is helpful.Thank you for compliling common kalla issues together. Cheers.

IMO, the spec is actually near the uppoer end of GW2's elite specs. Design-wise. That is to say, it has a clear theme, it has a unifying mechanic (you summon attackable characters which acts in a PBAE around them), it has a reason to work that way given by its theme, and even the weapon with it's multiple area-of-effect attacks fits in.

Is it underpowered? Sure.
Are some of the warband super weird and seemingly lack a use? Sure.

But it's still a big distance above design-abominations such as Scourge, Mirage or Deadeye. Who lack a theme, or go against their intended theme in implementation. A solid underlying design is a far more important thing as it means the rest can be done with balance.

What could be done, IMO:

• First of all, remove the "no valid path to target". It's alright, I get it, but my Ventari tablet disagrees so listen to what it does!
  • Cut out of the three F-skills. They only dilute an otherwise concise spec with a set of completely non-related abilities which seem to be added "just because more mechanical complexity".
  • Reduce the elite's energy drain to 6 in PvE/WvW and 7 in PvP.
  • Buff Razorclaw to actually be powerful as far as enhancing group damage goes.
  • Icebreaker is instead the personal-damage tool.
  • In general, buff up the summons quite a bit, including their HP. They should be killable, but powerful enough to warrant killing them. Mostly massively increase their duration to facilitate exactly that (it's worth killing them). also give them AE damage protection!
  • Maybe - if an F-skill has to exist - add an "Everyone, to me!" which repositions the current warband.

@Carighan.6758 said:IMO, the spec is actually near the uppoer end of GW2's elite specs. Design-wise. That is to say, it has a clear theme, it has a unifying mechanic (you summon attackable characters which acts in a PBAE around them), it has a reason to work that way given by its theme, and even the weapon with it's multiple area-of-effect attacks fits in.

Put near a Firebrand looks like hot garbage. You can use FB in each game mode, and run either physical damage, conditiondamage or support stats. The animations and effects are beautiful, the axe is a viable weapon, the mantras are flexible and powerful (so much that they got some nerfs) and they have no problems related with the landscape interaction. The tome mechanic is well implemented and each F key has purpose, performance and utility. Build variety exploded with the Firebrand, and the class is more capable than ever, despite both core Guard and Dragonhunter still had powerful builds for some game modes.

Renegade instead uses the same gameplay of core Rev, undeperforms on all fronts, the skills have heavy problems with the geometry of the landscape, and they lack in utility. The short bow is as useless as an ashtray in a bycicle, and the spec not only failed to provide new builds to the class but also since the HoT release the heavy downgrades on Herald made the ones in existence less viable. Renegade looks and plays as a character figured at the last time, rushed to be playable in flat surface against the dps golem-meter. Is just atrocious.

Again, I am not talking about how effective or powerful the spec is. I bolded the "design-wise" for a reason. Firebrand is also a rather good spec, but it wasn't difficult to design considering the tomes existed beforehand.

And even with that being said, I could also think of a host of rather sweeping reworks which would be quite healthy for it.

But, and this is really important, for me theme and underlying design come far ahead of efficiency, power or balance. Meaning that if the underlying idea isn't realized well, talking about whether the spec is powerful, rubbish or anything else is just flat out pointless. Any work going into rebalancing would be wasted if someone actually sat down and re-did the design, so there's no point wasting time on rebalancing instead of working on said design.

Importantly, Kalla realizes the fantasy of "calling in your warband". As spirits, sure, but they're also long dead so that part makes sense. Whether the implementation details are up to spec is everyone's opinion, and as I said above IMO they're not. But the underlying idea and design choices (all abilities summon someone doing it instead of doing it yourself!) are also very solid, much more so than of many other specs. I mean just look at the "forego your personal defense to aid your allies"-Scourge, which turned out to be a GTAE condi spec instead. That's truly shoddy design work :joy:

Theme? Well the shortbow skills that use portals look cool, but they don't really "blindside" enemies since they're still just 900 range projectiles. With Kalla you're supposed to be the "Ambush Commander", but your warband can only be summoned at 600 range.

Design-wise? For 5 copy-paste skills that summons ghostly charrs to stand one place and wiggle a bit, with no interaction, control or movement availiable? I really fail to see how they fulfill the fantasy of "calling in your warband". They just come and do their thing even if they miss and poof gone. Minonmancers at least can have minions following around and helping.

@"nedlee.5943" said:Design-wise? For 5 copy-paste skills that summons ghostly charrs to stand one place and wiggle a bit, with no interaction, control or movement availiable? I really fail to see how they fulfill the fantasy of "calling in your warband". They just come and do their thing even if they miss and poof gone. Minonmancers at least can have minions following around and helping.

That's probably why they don't work like that. Too much overlap. Now granted, if I had free design hand I'd in fact make it permanent summons which only go on CD as they are destroyed. And do follow you around, the GTAEs only come into play when using the command sequence skills.

But that'd never happen because of how often PvPers whined about Minion Master Necro. They'll never touch a pet-centric class/design again if they can help it.

Archived