The new "Cookie Policy" notification

@Charrbeque.8729 said:I have Ublock Origin. Doesn't prevent the pop up. I clicked the button on the GW2 forums here and haven't seen it since.

If you have the privacy filters enabled, it'll block googletagmanager.com, which this relies on.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:No idea why it only happens to some people.

What they're doing is a simple date comparison, comparing the date you clicked the button vs an older date they supply. If your browser doesn't save the cookie, your date is way off or the request fails, it'll always show the message. Also, expect to see it again, since it's currently set up to show the message roughly every 2 weeks. (cookie-notification-min.js)

I clicked "I understand" on my PC but on my phone it pops up with every page... sits just above my keyboard and my keyboard takes up half the screen so I cant see 3/4 of my screen...

also blocks the post button so you have to accept it before posting

edit- its gone now... accepted 3 times before it stopped bugging me

• ArenaNet Staff

I'm not seeing the issue on any pages this morning. Could you please let us know if you are experiencing the multiple pop-ups? And if you don't mind, could you clear your cache (but not your cookies) and let us know again? I believe that cache-clearing would not cause the PP message to come up again, but cookie clearing would. (I mean, that makes sense, eh?) Thanks for any further info you can give us!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I'm not seeing the issue on any pages this morning. Could you please let us know if you are experiencing the multiple pop-ups? And if you don't mind, could you clear your cache (but not your cookies) and let us know again? I believe that cache-clearing would not cause the PP message to come up again, but cookie clearing would. (I mean, that makes sense, eh?) Thanks for any further info you can give us!

I haven't seen any today. Thank you (and the devs) for fixing it.

Archived