Fractal Legendary Armor

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Can all you advocates of hellfire/radiant imagine what would happen if wvw had a rank prerequisite for wvw legendary armor? (it does not, btw) Or pvp? Imagine how new players would feel. Thats right, they would feel it is not fair. Sure, you would tell them "its ok, buddy, you just gotta get to that
insert random thousand k rank
, no issue, it may take you 5 years but hey! You can at least get there, even if it takes you that kitten longl"

How long would it take for someone to get to 2k WvW rank?
Or let's say win a monthly tournament:
Those are both Armor sets with ridiculous requirements and can be upgraded to Legendary.

This is not the only way to get legendary wvw armor. I supoose you know that. But since we use the wiki, here goes!
No rank requirement.

Of course there is another version that doesn't require a rank. But THERE IS a version that requires a rank -> similar to Hellfire/Radiant requiring AP.

Is there a hellfire/radiant version that doesnt require AP? I will wait

What does this have to do with anything? Hellfire/Radiant is similar to the WVW armor that does require Rank.Compared to a completely new set, it doesn't require the creation of a new skin, it's already there. Maybe some simple tweaks to make the particles better.It doesn't need a new acquisition method either, unlike a new "Open World Legendary Armor", the way to get them is already complete and available.Minimal effort to make, has requirements like other sets have, provides and extra path to Legendary Armor.

For some reason you believe that if they added this one, another "Open World" set won't be added? This is going to be an "Achievement" Legendary Armor, not an Open world one, the existence of this type of Legendary Armor doesn't prevent the existence if another Open World set. It's just much much easier to implement.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Can all you advocates of hellfire/radiant imagine what would happen if wvw had a rank prerequisite for wvw legendary armor? (it does not, btw) Or pvp? Imagine how new players would feel. Thats right, they would feel it is not fair. Sure, you would tell them "its ok, buddy, you just gotta get to that
, no issue, it may take you 5 years but hey! You can at least get there, even if it takes you that kitten longl"

Those are both Armor sets with ridiculous requirements and can be upgraded to Legendary.

This is not the only way to get legendary wvw armor. I supoose you know that. But since we use the wiki, here goes!
No rank requirement.

Of course there is another version that doesn't require a rank. But THERE IS a version that requires a rank -> similar to Hellfire/Radiant requiring AP.

Is there a hellfire/radiant version that doesnt require AP? I will wait

What does this have to do with anything? Hellfire/Radiant is similar to the WVW armor that
does
require Rank.Compared to a completely new set, it doesn't require the creation of a new skin, it's already there. Maybe some simple tweaks to make the particles better.It doesn't need a new acquisition method either, unlike a new "Open World Legendary Armor", the way to get them is already complete and available.Minimal effort to make, has requirements like other sets have, provides and extra path to Legendary Armor.

For some reason you believe that if they added this one, another "Open World" set won't be added? This is going to be an "Achievement" Legendary Armor, not an Open world one, the existence of this type of Legendary Armor doesn't prevent the existence if another Open World set. It's just much much easier to implement.

Thanks for avoiding to answer

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Can all you advocates of hellfire/radiant imagine what would happen if wvw had a rank prerequisite for wvw legendary armor? (it does not, btw) Or pvp? Imagine how new players would feel. Thats right, they would feel it is not fair. Sure, you would tell them "its ok, buddy, you just gotta get to that

I seen a full set of medium Mistforged Triumphant armor today. I didn’t realize that the glowing blue aura effect on the Armor was animated.

As for Glorious Hero armor we are probably talking like maybe 1% if not less of the whole gw2 population, who has this stuff.

@Tyson.5160 said:

I seen a full set of medium Mistforged Triumphant armor today. I didn’t realize that the glowing blue aura effect on the Armor was animated.

As for Glorious Hero armor we are probably talking like maybe 1% if not less of the whole gw2 population, who has this stuff.

Yeah those armors have their own unique looks. On the other hand Radiant and Hellfire are already complete with no need to create anything new for them.Hellfire/Radiant is available to a lot more players than the Glorious Hero Armor too.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Thanks for avoiding to answer

I didn't avoid to answer. The answer was clear.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

No rank requirement.

Is there a hellfire/radiant version that doesnt require AP? I will waitIt's called Envoy armor.(remember, that the wvw armor that requires rank, and the one that doesn't require rank are
different
skins)

@"yLoon.5289" said:Fractal is just too easy and doesn't tally with the effort of "Legendary". But yeah, they can make Fractal Skin Type Armors instead.

Is it? I think fractals in combination with some open-world-stuff would be perfectly fine. I mean, are raids that legendary? I'd even argue that some fractals are harder than raids since raids are almost exclusively about mechanics while you have some fractals that are simply about staying alive and killing stuff as fast as possible. You also don't even have to do raid-cms for legendary armor, so yeah...

Calm your tities lol, why argue for the sake of arguing? How to compare FIVE man content vs a TEN man coordinated + more mechanism of being wiped out/reckt content ?At this moment, yes Fractal is just too damn easy EVEN if it is CM.If you think logically, the collective effort is way LESSER than being in a raid where EACH Raid player has to be properly gear and understand the mechanics or it will doom to fail.

Unless Arena revamp the whole Fractal system, till then, no leg for you.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"yLoon.5289" said:Fractal is just too easy and doesn't tally with the effort of "Legendary". But yeah, they can make Fractal Skin Type Armors instead.

It depends what would a possible Fractal Legendary Armor require. Shattered Observatory CM has a lower completion rate than Deimos, while Nightmare Fractal CM is very similar.

For reference (gw2eff data):Mind over Time (Shattered Observatory CM): 7.109%Free At Last (Deimos kill): 12.786%Up to the Challenge (Nightmare Fractal CM): 13.701%

You don't need to finish any of the Raid CMs to get Envoy Armor, nor any Hall of Chains kills. As you can see Fractal CMs are similar to normal Raid completion.If, that's a big if, they wanted to make a Fractal Legendary Armor and at the same time make it "really hard" to get, then that Fractal Armor would require Fractal CM completion to make it very similar to Envoy Armor "difficulty-wise".

Correct me if I'm wrong but i think the player base for Fractal CM will be way much lower than the player base in Raid, lower participant means lower chance to succeed and vice versa. Most don't really care about farming ESS, and would prefer to raid because of a bigger party, better the fun.

Yup, unless Arena totally revamps Fractal's difficulties to be on par of Raid, this fractal leg will just remain as a dream.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

That's ridiculous argument considering how you acquire legendary weapons AND the fact that you can buy raids with full approval from Anet :)

What is there so ridiculous? Have you even Raid before? 5 man effort vs 10 man effort, which effort is"more" ? Still sounds ridiculous for you?Whats wrong with buying Raid by the way? They got the cash to spend, let them be. it stimulates the economy XD I bet same shit will be happening as well if Arena revamp Fractal with legy armors. That's how Arena got the revenue from these people who "bought" raid.You jelly because you have to farm your gold in game?

@Despond.2174 said:

Not really, it's just a time gate in 2 pvp modes., granted the raiding verison is harder to get into but people now can just sit 3 seasons , repeat the last chest a bunch of times in any rank and get their armor - granted it takes like 10+ months. They can time gate it in fractals too so it's a minimum of 10-12 months, I'd love for fractal"ing" to be another method for legendary armor.

Yup, more time gated stuff to be on par with the Raid ledgy's armor requirement. Hell, it will even spur up the industry of "selling" Fractal for ledgy. Win-win situation for fractal players and Arena!

@yLoon.5289 said:

@yLoon.5289 said:Fractal is just too easy and doesn't tally with the effort of "Legendary". But yeah, they can make Fractal Skin Type Armors instead.

Is it? I think fractals in combination with some open-world-stuff would be perfectly fine. I mean, are raids that legendary? I'd even argue that some fractals are harder than raids since raids are almost exclusively about mechanics while you have some fractals that are simply about staying alive and killing stuff as fast as possible. You also don't even have to do raid-cms for legendary armor, so yeah...

Calm your tities lol, why argue for the sake of arguing? How to compare FIVE man content vs a TEN man coordinated + more mechanism of being wiped out/reckt content ?At this moment, yes Fractal is just too kitten easy EVEN if it is CM.If you think logically, the collective effort is way LESSER than being in a raid where EACH Raid player has to be properly gear and understand the mechanics or it will doom to fail.

I really don't get your reasoning. Raids are mostly typical if-then-scenarios since they are predominantly about mechanics. There is no reason to glorify them. The degree of coordination in raids isn't that high either. We have strongly predefined roles and mechanics that mostly reduce the actual coordination to stuff like "first Moa", "toughness?", "first Entangle", that kind of stuff. That's far from the kind of cooperative teamplay other MMORPGs offer. Then, I'd also argue that there are fractals that are definitely harder than raids. Especially older fractals are more about killing stuff as fast as possible or it kills you. At the very least, doing fractals with a suboptimal setup (diversity in fractals is a lot lower than in raids) while having annoying instability-combination sometimes proves to be more difficult than doing raids. Surprisingly, fractals are more of a dps-test than raids are.

@Raizel.8175 said:

@yLoon.5289 said:Fractal is just too easy and doesn't tally with the effort of "Legendary". But yeah, they can make Fractal Skin Type Armors instead.

Calm your tities lol, why argue for the sake of arguing? How to compare FIVE man content vs a TEN man coordinated + more mechanism of being wiped out/reckt content ?At this moment, yes Fractal is just too kitten easy EVEN if it is CM.If you think logically, the collective effort is way LESSER than being in a raid where EACH Raid player has to be properly gear and understand the mechanics or it will doom to fail.

I really don't get your reasoning. Raids are mostly typical if-then-scenarios since they are predominantly about mechanics. There is no reason to glorify them. The degree of coordination in raids isn't that high either. We have strongly predefined roles and mechanics that mostly reduce the actual coordination to stuff like "first Moa", "toughness?", "first Entangle", that kind of stuff. That's far from the kind of cooperative teamplay other MMORPGs offer. Then, I'd also argue that there are fractals that are definitely harder than raids. Especially older fractals are more about killing stuff as fast as possible or it kills you. At the very least, doing fractals with a suboptimal setup (diversity in fractals is a lot lower than in raids) while having annoying instability-combination sometimes proves to be more difficult than doing raids. Surprisingly, fractals are more of a dps-test than raids are.

Which statement I make seems "glorifying" Raid by the way? Can't you differentiate facts?Have fun with your CM fractal is much more difficult than Raid. I don't care, I mean, no one care in fact.I will not indulge in this pointless, senseless argue for the sake of arguing of yours.Enjoy.

@yLoon.5289 said:

It depends what would a possible Fractal Legendary Armor require. Shattered Observatory CM has a lower completion rate than Deimos, while Nightmare Fractal CM is very similar.

For reference (gw2eff data):Mind over Time (Shattered Observatory CM): 7.109%Free At Last (Deimos kill): 12.786%Up to the Challenge (Nightmare Fractal CM): 13.701%

You don't need to finish any of the Raid CMs to get Envoy Armor, nor any Hall of Chains kills. As you can see Fractal CMs are similar to normal Raid completion.If, that's a big if, they wanted to make a Fractal Legendary Armor and at the same time make it "really hard" to get, then that Fractal Armor would require Fractal CM completion to make it very similar to Envoy Armor "difficulty-wise".

Correct me if I'm wrong but i think the player base for Fractal CM will be way much lower than the player base in Raid, lower participant means lower chance to succeed and vice versa. Most don't really care about farming ESS, and would prefer to raid because of a bigger party, better the fun.

Yup, unless Arena totally revamps Fractal's difficulties to be on par of Raid, this fractal leg will just remain as a dream.

Ever thought that the playerbase of Fractal CMs is low because they are... hard?When you say "bigger party, better the fun" of course you mean, better chances of getting carried right? 1 or 2 people out of 10 can be carried more easily, than 1 person out of 5. In fact, Wing 1 of Raids (Spirit Vale) requires only 3 to 4 players to be awake to succeed. The rest can be carried, half the group, this isn't the case in Fractal CMs.You might think that because Raids have 10 people it makes them harder, but in reality it makes them easier. Of course it depends heavily on the boss, we have easy ones like VG and hard ones like Deimos, not all bosses are equal, but claiming that Raids in general are harder than Fractal CM is a joke. Ensolyss is much harder than the joke Vale Guardian.

@"Nimon.7840" said:Not needed. Pve legendary armor is armor from raids.

Tbh. I don't even know why PvP got a legs armor. They don't even need it because of the amulets. Only wvw and pve players need it.And for both gamemodes you can get one

I can think of two important reasons for the addition of PVP (and WVW) Legendary Armors:1) Get players to try those game modes2) Provide an Easy and low effort option to get Legendary Armor

First, the PVP version and the WVW were both added to entice PVE players to try those game modes. Especially PVP is having population issues (WVW might as well) and putting Legendary Armor there was an option to drag players out of PVE to go get that one. That's why there is no other option to get the armor in PVE, if there was, there would be zero extra incentive to try those other game modes.

Second, you can get the Legendary armor in those game modes without the need to have any kind of skill or ability (or even fight other players, ironic for it being "Player versus Player") making it a great choice for many. Sure it will take a long time if you don't kill other players and if you don't have any skill, but those only help hasten the process, they aren't requirements.

So the PVP armor wasn't added for PVP players, since as you say, they don't actually need it. It's the same way with Reward Tracks, they aren't there for PVP players, those got access to those rewards by using high ranks in the past, the Reward Tracks were added to entice players to try PVP, and as an effortless/easy way of getting their rewards without going through the hassle of learning the content that gives them.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:Not needed. Pve legendary armor is armor from raids.

Tbh. I don't even know why PvP got a legs armor. They don't even need it because of the amulets. Only wvw and pve players need it.And for both gamemodes you can get one

I can think of two important reasons for the addition of PVP (and WVW) Legendary Armors:1) Get players to try those game modes2) Provide an Easy and low effort option to get Legendary Armor

First, the PVP version and the WVW were both added to entice PVE players to try those game modes. Especially PVP is having population issues (WVW might as well) and putting Legendary Armor there was an option to drag players out of PVE to go get that one. That's why there is no other option to get the armor in PVE, if there was, there would be zero extra incentive to try those other game modes.

Second, you can get the Legendary armor in those game modes without the need to have any kind of skill or ability (or even fight other players, ironic for it being "Player versus Player") making it a great choice for many. Sure it will take a long time if you don't kill other players and if you don't have any skill, but those only help hasten the process, they aren't requirements.

So the PVP armor wasn't added for PVP players, since as you say, they don't actually need it. It's the same way with Reward Tracks, they aren't there for PVP players, those got access to those rewards by using high ranks in the past, the Reward Tracks were added to entice players to try PVP, and as an effortless/easy way of getting their rewards without going through the hassle of learning the content that gives them.

It was a tough 10 month grind for me to obtain the PvP Legendary and that’s with trying to win games, I would hate to see what it would be like to lose your way... Honestly you would probably get so bored of the game by that method that you would end up quitting.

Reflecting back it’s a tough toxic environment for sure going through that much Pvp. It makes the pug raid community and their antics look like a bunch old women having a potluck after church.

And I’ll be diving in for season 12 next week too, gotta save up for the new pvp armor skins.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:Raids are PvE, Fractals are also niche' content.Indeed, which is why
the
PvE legendary armor should not be locked behind any of those contents.

I could really get behind a Open World Style Legendary Armor. Maybe Similar to How Elite Spec Weapons/Class Items Work in the Expansions.

Where it's tired to Map Completion/Event Collections, and the like., and linked to the Expansions like PoF (Since PoF is really lacking any kind of Legendary anything)

Also, would rather if they did something like that, it was Cultural Style. IE: Charr Legendary Armor, Human Legendary Armor, Etc, Etc.

That might make it easier to make the Armor to start with, or even start with needing to collect all tiers of the Specific Cultural Armor, and that would start the Legendary Collection (gotta love a gold sink)

One of my ideas was to use hellfire/radiant skins as precursors. It would have been at once a core (and completely nonexclusive) legendary path, and yet still one that would heavily incentivize you to try many different things.

That would be a huge investment to get Chest, Legs, but, if that was part of .. say the Tier 3 Precursor Set, that might not be such a hard pill to swallow, as by the time someone got to that point, they would already be deeply invested into the game, and have the Helm. Gloves, Shoulders and Boots, so they would already be pretty far along.

I still think a Cultural Armor style direction for Open World Legendary Armor would be a better solution, not only would it make it easier on the Developers to make Armor for one race at a time, as opposed to trying to make one skin to fit all races, (Which by their own admission slows their progress greatly), so they could make it faster.

It would make it so that swapping the armor across characters would be limited, and thus, while still
Legendary
, it would not be
quite
as a one size fits all, that Raid/WvW/sPvP Legendary Armor currently provides.

Think of the Cultural Lock as the price paid for Open World Legendary Armor.

Honestly, they could just use the tech they used with the Wedding outfit and make it change the skin based on the character race.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Ever thought that the playerbase of Fractal CMs is low because they are... hard?When you say "bigger party, better the fun" of course you mean, better chances of getting carried right? 1 or 2 people out of 10 can be carried more easily, than 1 person out of 5. In fact, Wing 1 of Raids (Spirit Vale) requires only 3 to 4 players to be awake to succeed. The rest can be carried, half the group, this isn't the case in Fractal CMs.You might think that because Raids have 10 people it makes them harder, but in reality it makes them easier. Of course it depends heavily on the boss, we have easy ones like VG and hard ones like Deimos, not all bosses are equal, but claiming that Raids in general are harder than Fractal CM is a joke. Ensolyss is much harder than the joke Vale Guardian.

Ahhh so you indirectly admitted I was right then haha? Think before you cherry picking on your argument next time.Hard? The reward system is different. By your "logic" less participant is due to "hard" content, then why no one bothers to join easy old dungeon like CoE, CoF, Arah etc anymore? Participant in a content is driven by its reward, not if it is hard or easy.No, and you love to assume for the sake of arguing. Lol. If you prefer a Birthday Party which only attended by 4 besties, or rather 9 besties, there isn't really any sense to discuss anymore. Fractal CM is less popular not because it is hard, because players prefer the crowd. Not just boring 5 man dungeon just to get yourself glow like a blue or red alien in the end. The sense of accomplishment is greater as well if successfully led a team to clear Wings. Yeah and that is FUN.

No. It is a joke that you are still replying to this.Why harder? Time spent on each person, coordinating each person's life schedule, gold spent on gears, etc etc or in any other aspect. Go figure.

@yLoon.5289 said:Ahhh so you indirectly admitted I was right then haha? Think before you cherry picking on your argument next time.

No you are not right at all, Fractal CMs are equally hard to Raids that you continue to ignore this is really unbelievable. Participation is driven by difficulty AND rewards, have you seen the numbers for Hall of Chains? As for the number of players, I already answered it, Raids are much easier to get carried.For some reason you think that more players equal harder content, in that case Triple Trouble must be the hardest content in the game...It's a real joke that you continue replying to this.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"yLoon.5289" said:Ahhh so you indirectly admitted I was right then haha? Think before you cherry picking on your argument next time.

No you are not right at all, Fractal CMs are equally hard to Raids that you continue to ignore this is really unbelievable. Participation is driven by difficulty AND rewards, have you seen the numbers for Hall of Chains? As for the number of players, I already answered it, Raids are much easier to get carried.For some reason you think that more players equal harder content, in that case Triple Trouble must be the hardest content in the game...It's a real joke that you continue replying to this.

So you said "playerbase of Fractal CMs is low ", yeah so I was right then.You overlook the fact and simply pick the cherry to form your pathetic argument saying Fractal is hard because success rate is low.While I debunked it because it is not fun with 5 players, easy, and the reward isn't attractive at all , that causes low participation.

"Fractal CMs are equally hard to Raids"We have a very different definition of hard lol. Seems like you either couldn't comprehend the quantum effort needed to be done to form a Raid party or can't even do the simple math of Gold and Time spent to compare both.

"Participation is driven by difficulty AND rewards".Oh you agreed with my point on REWARD. Kudos. Clap clap*. Finally you learned !

See here, let me dissect your "argue for the sake of argue" assumption:"bigger party, better the fun" of course you mean, better chances of getting carried right?"_No, because it is more fun to have interaction with different people rather than just 5 players.Go youtube Guild which sings in Raid, yeah that is the BETTER FUN.

" For some reason you think that more players equal harder content,"I had never stated this at all. Facepalm*I said more players to play the content because it is driven by its rewards. Why did you love to twist people's word?

Then, now suddenly you come out the with "argue for the sake of argument" WORLD META EVENT Triple Trouble example.Well, you can be level 1 and join the World Event. FacepalmLol, what else are you gonna bring next time? Jokes on you. Haha

@yLoon.5289 said:

@yLoon.5289 said:Ahhh so you indirectly admitted I was right then haha? Think before you cherry picking on your argument next time.

[...]

Man, dude, can you please be less butthurt and insulting just because someone has a different opinion than you? Your insulting behaviour makes discussing with you both irritating and rather useless. Also: Is your only argument for raids being harder than fractals that you need more time to build a group for them? Sorry, but that's kinda silly.

@yLoon.5289 said:We have a very different definition of hard lol. Seems like you either couldn't comprehend the quantum effort needed to be done to form a Raid party or can't even do the simple math of Gold and Time spent to compare both.

There is more gold and time spent required to be ready for Fractal CMs than it is to be ready for Raids. And yes apparently we have a different definition of difficulty.

No, because it is more fun to have interaction with different people rather than just 5 players.So it has nothing to do with difficulty after all.

See your original post that I quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but i think the player base for Fractal CM will be way much lower than the player base in Raid, lower participant means lower chance to succeed and vice versa. Most don't really care about farming ESS, and would prefer to raid because of a bigger party, better the fun.Yup, unless Arena totally revamps Fractal's difficulties to be on par of Raid, this fractal leg will just remain as a dream.

How does lower playerbase due to less rewards means Raids are harder? What does bigger parrty/better fun have to do with difficulty either? Your second part doesn't follow in any logical way your first one.

• 2 weeks later...

@yLoon.5289 said:

So you said
"playerbase of Fractal CMs is low "
, yeah so I was right then.You overlook the fact and simply pick the cherry to form your pathetic argument saying Fractal is hard because success rate is low.While I debunked it because it is not fun with 5 players, easy, and the reward isn't attractive at all , that causes low participation.

"
Fractal CMs are equally hard to Raids
"We have a very different definition of hard lol. Seems like you either couldn't comprehend the quantum effort needed to be done to form a Raid party or can't even do the simple math of Gold and Time spent to compare both.

"
Participation is driven by difficulty AND rewards"
.Oh you agreed with my point on REWARD. Kudos. Clap clap*. Finally you learned !

See here, let me dissect your "argue for the sake of argue" assumption:
"bigger party, better the fun"
of course you mean, better chances of getting carried right?"_No, because it is more fun to have interaction with different people rather than just 5 players.Go youtube Guild which sings in Raid, yeah that is the BETTER FUN.

" For some reason you think that more players equal harder content,"
I had never stated this at all. Facepalm*I said more players to play the content because it is driven by its rewards. Why did you love to twist people's word?

Then, now suddenly you come out the with "argue for the sake of argument" WORLD META EVENT
Triple Trouble
example.Well, you can be level 1 and join the World Event.
Facepalm
Lol, what else are you gonna bring next time? Jokes on you. Haha

From what I know you cant teleport out of level 1-2 proluge can you please show a screen shot of a level 1 at tripple trubble.

Archived