Fractal Legendary Armor

I love playing gw2 and doing this for years ever since it came out, However there is one thing that I have always wanted in this game... Just as the title says Legendary Fractal Armor.Now I know there is one for HoT's players through the Raids and also through the PvP and WvWvW... but honestly a PVE core Tyria Legendary Armor that will look awesome with the Legendary Backpack should be something in the game already or at least in the making,Don't you think? :# :'(

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Murahn.5946 said:I love playing gw2 and doing this for years ever since it came out, However there is one thing that I have always wanted in this game... Just as the title says Legendary Fractal Armor.Now I know there is one for HoT's players through the Raids and also through the PvP and WvWvW... but honestly a PVE core Tyria Legendary Armor that will look awesome with the Legendary Backpack should be something in the game already or at least in the making,Don't you think? :# :'(

Actually, yes, Fractals would be a good place for Legendary Armor or at the very least an ascended set that has Fractal art on it. There is also many currencies already that can be used to swap into the current the Legendary Armor recipe.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:There is one legendary armor per game mode already. And seeing how well (and by well I mean... not) they did with production time for raid armor there will probably never be new exclusive legendary armor set.

Concerning just designing a new set of armor, I’m sure a new, unique design will be fine to create. Concerning the raid armor, it was intended to be transformable when entering/leaving combat and Anet want to make sure nothing clipped when wearing the full set, leading to its very long design time. Creating a new set of armor on par with the WvW and PvP sets should be much easier compared to what was envisioned for the raid.

@"Murahn.5946" said:I love playing gw2 and doing this for years ever since it came out, However there is one thing that I have always wanted in this game... Just as the title says Legendary Fractal Armor.Now I know there is one for HoT's players through the Raids and also through the PvP and WvWvW... but honestly a PVE core Tyria Legendary Armor that will look awesome with the Legendary Backpack should be something in the game already or at least in the making,Don't you think? :# :'(

This topic rears it's head every few weeks, it seems some posters struggle to use the "find" function to locate all the other threads about this and pour in with this "original" idea.

On topic - PVE has it's method of Legendary Armor acquisition, no need for another path.The only part I would really agree with is the below cut statement:

@Tyson.5160 said:Actually, yes, Fractals would be a good place for...[cut]...an ascended set that has Fractal art on it.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@"Murahn.5946" said:I love playing gw2 and doing this for years ever since it came out, However there is one thing that I have always wanted in this game... Just as the title says Legendary Fractal Armor.Now I know there is one for HoT's players through the Raids and also through the PvP and WvWvW... but honestly a PVE core Tyria Legendary Armor that will look awesome with the Legendary Backpack should be something in the game already or at least in the making,Don't you think? :# :'(

This topic rears it's head every few weeks, it seems some posters struggle to use the "find" function to locate all the other threads about this and pour in with this "original" idea.

On topic - PVE has it's method of Legendary Armor acquisition, no need for another path.

no it doesn't, only raids have it, and that's targeting a niche, not the mainstay of the PVE community. PVErs deserve the love too, every other type of content in GW2 has legendary armor, and all we are really talking about is a skin with swappable stats that gives those players a long term attractive goal. Sharing is much easier than being mean spirited I say.

@Sarrs.4831 said:WvW and sPvP legendary armor skins first please

Well WvW and PvP won’t be getting a transforming set, which is fine because A ) I don’t want to wait 2 years for them to make it and B ) the Envoy Armor is ugly and buggy as all hell.

I noticed in the general discussion page about the best looking medium and not once did anyone post a single piece of the Envoy collection and that’s even with Devs commenting.

You could argue that the Mistforged Triumphant Armor set is suppose to be the Legendary skin, though I must admit the other pieces minus the chest could use some additional effects.

Pvp is getting an overhauled Glorious Armor set 2.5 which will have FX attached to it. One set will be gained through Leagues, the other through tournaments, from my understanding it will be the same skin but the tournament one will be noticeably distinct.

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

On topic - PVE has it's method of Legendary Armor acquisition, no need for another path.

no it doesn't, only raids have it, and that's targeting a niche, not the mainstay of the PVE community. PVErs deserve the love too, every other type of content in GW2 has legendary armor, and all we are really talking about is a skin with swappable stats that gives those players a long term attractive goal. Sharing is much easier than being mean spirited I say.

Raids are PvE, Fractals are also niche' content.

Not mean.. just is what it is.

Game has 3 modes - PvP, PvE and WvW. Each has legendary armor currently.

While I agree it would be cool to have a fractal-themed set, I find it unlikely. Not only we already have 1 set per game mode, we also (relatively) recently got an update on long-term fractal currency sinks. This to me means ANet intends to leave fractal rewards as they are for the foreseeable future.

@Feanor.2358 said:While I agree it would be cool to have a fractal-themed set, I find it unlikely. Not only we already have 1 set per game mode, we also (relatively) recently got an update on long-term fractal currency sinks. This to me means ANet intends to leave fractal rewards as they are for the foreseeable future.

Sure they added new long-term fractal sinks, however I expect something more to come when we reach the 25 Fractals mark.At that point they'd need to re-work their entire system so maybe it would be a good time to introduce Legendary Armor in Fractals. We are at 18 Fractals, so we need 7 more. Since Season 3 started in June 2016, we got 4 brand new Fractals and 1 rework - Thaumanova Reactor. They should be running out of re-works, most of them have been re-worked in some way, which means more manpower for new fractals. Still, that's 4 Fractals in 2 years, with this release schedule it will take 2 more years to reach 25 (I say they will accelerate though, so it's more probable to finish in 3) which is a good amount of time to finish a new Legendary Armor!

Well it really depends on what can be considered "the mainstay of the PVE community". If you think Raids are niche, then this also implies Fractals and Dungeons are too. Do you think PVE "deserves" legendary armor from running round Queensdale hitting mosquitoes?

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

Well it really depends on what can be considered "the mainstay of the PVE community". If you think Raids are niche, then this also implies Fractals and Dungeons are also. Do you think PVE "deserves" legendary armor from running round Queensdale hitting mosquitoes?

No, they should add Legendary Armor pieces as random drops from Chests in the Silverwastes, or Palawadan. You know, the places where the "majority" is playing at, farming non-stop for lootz and gold. /s

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Well it really depends on what can be considered "the mainstay of the PVE community". If you think Raids are niche, then this also implies Fractals and Dungeons are also. Do you think PVE "deserves" legendary armor from running round Queensdale hitting mosquitoes?

No, they should add Legendary Armor pieces as random drops from Chests in the Silverwastes, or Palawadan. You know, the places where the "majority" is playing at, farming non-stop for lootz and gold. /s

Precursor drop rate much? :lol:

@Feanor.2358 said:Well yeah, in another two years it is possible. But that's too far in the future to make any reasonable guesses. I mean, we don't know their plans, and for that far ahead, plans can change based on market results.

Like the weapons, there should be the blue fractal set and the gold set.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@"Murahn.5946" said:I love playing gw2 and doing this for years ever since it came out, However, there is one thing that I have always wanted in this game... Just as the title says Legendary Fractal Armor.Now I know there is one for HoT's players through the Raids and also through the PvP and WvWvW... but honestly a PVE core Tyria Legendary Armor that will look awesome with the Legendary Backpack should be something in the game already or at least in the making,Don't you think? :# :'(

no it doesn't, only raids have it, and that's targeting a niche, not the mainstay of the PVE community. PVErs deserve the love too, every other type of content in GW2 has legendary armor, and all we are really talking about is a skin with swappable stats that gives those players a long-term attractive goal. Sharing is much easier than being mean spirited I say.

Well it really depends on what can be considered "the mainstay of the PVE community". If you think Raids are niche, then this also implies Fractals and Dungeons are too. Do you think PVE "deserves" legendary armor from running round Queensdale hitting mosquitoes?

All I want is another Legendary Armor that will be crafted very similar to the Legendary Backpack through the fractals... Honestly, I don't like raids mainly because of the toxic community (and you can't compare between the two), why is it so wrong to have a Core-Tyria Legendary Armor at PVE? it isn't.

Developing legendary armor only through fractals is too low of a commitment because the content behind fractals is not enough diversified.

If they were to develop another source of a legendary armor outside of raid for PvE, here is what I would suggest:This legendary armor (through the mystic forge) would be an upgrade of the ascended skin you craft, meaning that you can only upgrade an ascended piece of armor that you have crafted, just like in PvP and WvW you can only upgrade a piece of armor that the merchant sold you.

Firstly you would need a high amount of participation though guild related content, meaning that the lvl of guild halls could be upgraded with new guild missions that are necessary to complete in order to obtain the related materials or currency needed for each piece of ascended crafted armor.

Secondly, you would need high participation in all fractal tiers (CM included). The necessary components would be character bound items that are looted in all different tiers that you exchange with a fractal vendor for each piece of armor.

Finally the last item needed to turn an ascended piece of armor into the new upgraded skin would be tied to whatever new content of an expansion. Gate it on an account bound level by first getting all the masteries and their related (even optional) mastery points that are both found in open world and in optional story mode achievements (all of them).On a character-account bound level, gate the necessary compononents behind map completion, event completion, new map ressources and combine it with pre-existing lesser gift of materials to get, per piece of armor, the finished item that is put in the forge with the the other guild hall and fractals related finished items.

It could become a valuable expansion seller point imo.

@flog.3485 said:Developing legendary armor only through fractals is too low of a commitment because the content behind fractals is not enough diversified.

If they were to develop another source of a legendary armor outside of raid for PvE, here is what I would suggest:This legendary armor (through the mystic forge) would be an upgrade of the ascended skin you craft, meaning that you can only upgrade an ascended piece of armor that you have crafted, just like in PvP and WvW you can only upgrade a piece of armor that the merchant sold you.

Firstly you would need a high amount of participation though guild related content, meaning that the lvl of guild halls could be upgraded with new guild missions that are necessary to complete in order to obtain the related materials or currency needed for each piece of ascended crafted armor.

Secondly, you would need high participation in all fractal tiers (CM included). The necessary components would be character bound items that are looted in all different tiers that you exchange with a fractal vendor for each piece of armor.

Finally the last item needed to turn an ascended piece of armor into the new upgraded skin would be tied to whatever new content of an expansion. Gate it on an account bound level by first getting all the masteries and their related (even optional) mastery points that are both found in open world and in optional story mode achievements (all of them).On a character-account bound level, gate the necessary compononents behind map completion, event completion, new map ressources and combine it with pre-existing lesser gift of materials to get, per piece of armor, the finished item that is put in the forge with the the other guild hall and fractals related finished items.

It could become a valuable expansion seller point imo.

I like your idea, However, if there will be a brand new legendary Armor then I guess it won't be part of the new expansion...Still, though you are kinda right!

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:Raids are PvE, Fractals are also niche' content.Indeed, which is why
the
PvE legendary armor should not be locked behind any of those contents.

I could really get behind a Open World Style Legendary Armor. Maybe Similar to How Elite Spec Weapons/Class Items Work in the Expansions.

Where it's tired to Map Completion/Event Collections, and the like., and linked to the Expansions like PoF (Since PoF is really lacking any kind of Legendary anything)

Also, would rather if they did something like that, it was Cultural Style. IE: Charr Legendary Armor, Human Legendary Armor, Etc, Etc.

That might make it easier to make the Armor to start with, or even start with needing to collect all tiers of the Specific Cultural Armor, and that would start the Legendary Collection (gotta love a gold sink)

@STIHL.2489 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:Raids are PvE, Fractals are also niche' content.Indeed, which is why
the
PvE legendary armor should not be locked behind any of those contents.

I could really get behind a Open World Style Legendary Armor. Maybe Similar to How Elite Spec Weapons/Class Items Work in the Expansions.

Where it's tired to Map Completion/Event Collections, and the like., and linked to the Expansions like PoF (Since PoF is really lacking any kind of Legendary anything)

Also, would rather if they did something like that, it was Cultural Style. IE: Charr Legendary Armor, Human Legendary Armor, Etc, Etc.

That might make it easier to make the Armor to start with, or even start with needing to collect all tiers of the Specific Cultural Armor, and that would start the Legendary Collection (gotta love a gold sink)

One of my ideas was to use hellfire/radiant skins as precursors. It would have been at once a core (and completely nonexclusive) legendary path, and yet still one that would heavily incentivize you to try many different things.

Archived