Inappropriate name?

@costepj.5120 said:

@Elden Arnaas.4870 said:I'd definitely put in a ticket to support about this. It's a legit name with no nefarious purpose.If they don't help you get the name you want, you might try a hyphen between the s and d, or an apostrophe between the l and s. An apostrophe would be in line with the literal meaning.

You can’t use hyphens or apostrophes in character names, unfortunately. I gather you can use letters such as ń, ë, ú.

Is that true? I've never tried, but on behalf of many of my fellow Irish players (O'Connells, O'Reillys and O'Haras) I call that even more outrageous!

Yep. Only actual letters are allowed, and no capitalization in the middle of a name such as OHara, only Ohara.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:That's EU level of being pedantic :)

I don't see a problem an automated system flagged this name. I see a problem that an agent reviewing this name didn't use common sense.

An agent won't have reviewed it, unless/until the OP submits a ticket for the issue to be reviewed.

Someone banned his name in the first place.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

I don't see a problem an automated system flagged this name. I see a problem that an agent reviewing this name didn't use common sense.

An agent won't have reviewed it, unless/until the OP submits a ticket for the issue to be reviewed.

The name never existed. This is during character creation, as noted by the "Please select a different name and try again" part in the error message (and background of the error showing "Signed X" that is found during character creation). It is not a name that was actioned upon due to being reported and then their being instructed to change it after a review.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

No, the filter caught it. Hence, the 'error' message at character creation.

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:(3) Deliberately misspelled to evade the filter because it isn't a bad word. It's the name of a town in northern England whose proper spelling contains a very, very bad word.

Didn't a UK University, I think it was the University of Sussex, have a problem when their new email filter blocked every email because the university's name was "rude"?

I wonder if the name of the university will make it past the kitten filter?

Edit: it did!

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:(3) Deliberately misspelled to evade the filter because it
isn't
a bad word. It's the name of a town in northern England whose proper spelling contains a very, very bad word.

Didn't a UK University, I think it was the University of Sussex, have a problem when their new email filter blocked every email because the university's name was "rude"?

I enjoy testing filters by discussing actor Dick Van Dyke. (Bert in Mary Poppins, if this doesn't survive the kittening.)

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:(3) Deliberately misspelled to evade the filter because it
isn't
a bad word. It's the name of a town in northern England whose proper spelling contains a very, very bad word.

I enjoy testing filters by discussing actor kitten Van kitten. (Bert in Mary Poppins, if this doesn't survive the kittening.)

Ah you mean D'ic'k Van D'yk'e ... Mr. Dawes Jr. in the new one dident find anyone named Bert =)

Archived