Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

• ArenaNet Staff

The new build was implemented a short while ago. You can read the update notes for more information. Please keep us informed about your gameplay experience and any issues you note with logging in, disconnections, or bugs. Thanks again for hanging tight, and we'll continue to monitor the game and review your reports as well.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I squared my shoulders and dove back in with my friend. We got through the whole thing smoothly, and that was before the most recent build as the build dropped while we were in the final instance and we weren't leaving to get it. Thank the engineers, a lot. Tomorrow, on to the beetle!

Very last patch:Friend just started playing episode 3. He crashed during the "Forearmed is forewarned" instance, at the moment when he had to put bombs and walls. It said it was a network error.EDIT:He could log back on immediately, and when he entered the instance again his progress was saved. He was still at the point where he had to put bombs, no progress was lost. Is this a new feature from this episode or instances have always been saved like that? It's pretty nice.

i just got a new computer and have installed the game with the game i bought in the store.. i have gotten all the patches installed as well.. i can enter through the login screen, but then crash.. i had my husband launch the game from home, and he sailed through with no problems..

After they applied a couple more patches I tried logging into my main character a few minutes ago. (She got nailed with a disconnect in the middle of the second story mission in the new zone on Tuesday, and she's been there ever since.) Whatever issue she's experiencing isn't fixed by the patches so far: I can't even log into her. The game spits out an error message and then boots me back to the launcher.

The 2nd instance was still partly bugged as of last night. The big one is no matter how far you were into it if you died you did not have the options to exit or return to a checkpoint. Fortunately I was in a party so just waited a bit and eventually got rezzed the old fashioned way. I thought it might be the fact that I had 2 revive orbs on me (the only option it gave me) so used them up .... nope, it did not help me the next time I died without them. Interestingly, it did give me the options earlier in the instance, albeit with a major delay.

This is just a recomendation, but I think instance boundaries should block players from crossing them instead of warning the player that he/she will get kicked.First of all because there is no point on moving to those areas.Second, because the new mount is very unforgiving. I've accidentally boosted the beetle out of control and out of the instance.

Maybe this is a good thing to think about.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:The new build was implemented a short while ago. You can read the update notes for more information. Please keep us informed about your gameplay experience and any issues you note with logging in, disconnections, or bugs. Thanks again for hanging tight, and we'll continue to monitor the game and review your reports as well.

I still keep getting DC's pretty much every PvP game i enter into I DC at least once.

Code: 1083:5:7:1596:101

The problem is that when I log in the first time for the day, the game works smoothly, even the latest LS map. But when I log out, and log back in a couple of hours later, the game goes crazy! Connection issue, network error, direct kicking out, the whole shabang! And, it hasn't been fixed for me even with the latest patch - hence my commenting here.......

I’m stuck on Be My Guest.

Game crashes sometime on the way to the gate. Made it as far as the champ spawning at the gate but the disconnect is pretty random.

Then I can’t login for a while on any character.

On a positive note I unlocked the beetle in the meantime.

@"Skribionkie.2859" said:Very last patch:Friend just started playing episode 3. He crashed during the "Forearmed is forewarned" instance, at the moment when he had to put bombs and walls. It said it was a network error.EDIT:He could log back on immediately, and when he entered the instance again his progress was saved. He was still at the point where he had to put bombs, no progress was lost. Is this a new feature from this episode or instances have always been saved like that? It's pretty nice.

This! Thank you if you changed the quests to now do that. I know that Forewarned would have been a much bigger pain if it hadn't been there.

Also, once I got through Forewarned, I did not have any DC issues with any character. I don't know what changed, as there wasn't a new patch until I was done yesterday. Also, the weird wrong area issue went away after that quest was done. Now I just have to get a beetle. :)

@nyx ruby.3167 said:

@Luckster.4076 said:I had a feeling size was part of the problem. The second instance was quite long (at least for me) and the new map is quite expansive for a Living World map. It's practically the size expected for an Expansion map instead!

Good luck to the staff in fixing the problems for good! Looking forward to it being patched up and flawless.

agree with this.last night i cant got d/c when starting instance 3 story (be my guest). there error message : cant creat instance .....( i forgot the rest).but this morning i tried it, i could stay till trap room. but could not continue cause my alarm to work is ringing :D.hopefully tonight i can finish it.

Updated : finally i can finish it this night with my guild mates. ( 5 minutes ago).the problem only when the story starting the cinematic, my client freezing like a minute, i thought it will dc but not.thy for the hardwork

Archived