mounts still dismissing necro minions [Merged]

I play most of the time on necros.  I just found out that when I jump off my mount, all my minions die.  Since I only play necros, I'm quitting gw2 until this is fixed.  I have logged in every single day since gw2 first came on line, and now I am just frustrated to the point that I don't want to play this game anymore.

• Like 7

The old minion bug is back. Various mounts cause minions to vanish when mounting. Anet is getting unreliable again. Skyscale drops minions like crazy, even if they were just summoned and hoping across an expanse. Land to engage the enemy for a node, minions got reset, on cooldown. Annoying, but doesn't stop me.

As for Elementalists, which should not even be in the topic. all of your summons are on a timer and are temporary.

Minions however are supposed stay with master/mistress and not go away unless reset by the controller. They are essentially thralls.

• Like 1

I too reported this as a bug because after they just fixed the problem of minions being dispelled if you entered water, I couldn't believe that this was an actual change.  I never saw or heard anything about it on the list of changes for the month, or heard about it from GW2 Youtubers.  I never got any reply to my bug report, so I decidede to search on these forums for some kind of answer.

Like so many others have said, I don't have a Twitter account and never read that garbage.  If that was the only place this change was announced, just how much thought was actually put into it?  Necro had always been my favorite class in GW2 for the past 9 years, and Minion Master was one of my favorite builds for it for a long time.  I liked not having to constantly resummon them every 90-120 seconds, they just stayed until killed. 

No more.  Now after every time I mount up and then dismount, they are all on cooldown and all need to be resummoned again.  This is a TERRIBLE change!!! 

Please change it back to the way it was (minions disappear when mounted, but automatically reappear when you dismount).

• Like 2

It is already annoying that Necro's lose their minions when they get shapechanged, or covered in Ice or get Branded(or during a myriad of other such situations), but I could live with that.  Losing them while mounting is just insane. Mounts are so well done, that I mount and remount hundreds of times during a play session.  They are THAT useful and fun.  Imagine harvesting with your skyscale now in Dragonfall, or HoT or any other densely packed zone where aggro lurks around every corner.   

Might as well remove Necro minions from the game.  I guess I will try another build for now, and maybe use those Glyphs that make harvesting 50% faster. 

NOT WILLINGLY!

Edited by Tyncale.1629
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 8/24/2021 at 12:23 PM, Tanek.5983 said:

Not sure what exactly bugged, but looks like they disabled it on purpose for now.

How freaking nice... because Golem only has a 40 secs recharge. yeah, resummoning  really improves the game / sarcasm OFF

they disappear too when using the glider... pls fix

It's not even just minionmancers. My main's a power reaper using flesh golem, which is absolutely unusable in open world with this. Either you cripple yourself by not using mounts which feels awful or you deal with a 48 second cooldown every single time.

Fix. This.

• Like 1

What a disgrace!!!!!   So apparently, this is NOT a bug, but intentional. Yet, instead of properly communicating it via the proper channels and giving a PROPER explanation as to WHY it was disabled and FOR HOW LONG, the devs chose to act like rouges and post it on Twitter hoping people won't notice.

I thought that hiring back the legends from the past means a better future for GW2 and Anet, but looks like nothing is changed. 

people deserve to know why it was disabled and an ETA for a resolution.

Edited by robbie.7806
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• robbie.7806 changed the title to Neco's minions vanish after dismount and apply a cooldown

I was hoping this was fixed by now so I submitted a bug report.  Now it seems it's not a bug!  This is by design?  What a deal, my main is an mm and it's just unplayable now.  So now we run across the map with minions aggro'ing everything and putting us in combat while everyone else uses mounts?

• Like 3

On 8/24/2021 at 6:07 PM, Urocyon.5439 said:

Agreed.  I haven't played for 2 days now. 
I have played minion necro for 8-1/2 years in GW2 and 16-1/2  years in GW1.     That's my build  and my class.
If they don't fix this then they won't be getting any more Gems out of me.

Sadly I just bought the ulti-expansion, then this happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luna Ataegina.3289 said:

I was hoping this was fixed by now so I submitted a bug report.  Now it seems it's not a bug!  This is by design?  What a deal, my main is an mm and it's just unplayable now.  So now we run across the map with minions aggro'ing everything and putting us in combat while everyone else uses mounts?

Yes there is some bug so its disabeld at the moment.

They have not said it is supposed to be like this by design from now on.

• Like 4