mounts still dismissing necro minions [Merged]

Wow I have not played this game for over a year and returning to this BS...

I main Necromancer & elementalist and I ONLY play it because of the summon aspect. I quit because of previous bug where your minions have a "CHANCE" to be unsummoned if you mount too quickly and I found it super annoying when I'm trying to harvest so I would mount & dismount really quickly.

With the current NEW UPDATE: your minions disappear NO matter how quickly or slowly you dismount is total BS. So Anet is expecting summoners to walk on foot while everyone is on their mount??? Why can't you guys learn from Elder Scroll Online?? Black Desert? Lineage 2? or whatever game that has summon and doesn't do this crap??? Those pet suppose to be up the entire time!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise what's the whole point to dedicate all your points to minion build and not having any minions at all when you dismount??? 

Not only this game refuses to get controller support after YEARS of being released and now this bs. I guess GW2 is DEAD! BYE enjoy your buggy game Anet! and no I'm not gonna waste any penny on your new expansion when you can't even fix the bugs you currently have!

Waste all your time and resource on making new glider skin and outfit instead of making your game great by fixing your bugs. What a fantastic strategy lmao

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I've never seen another game doing Beta testing in a live environment. This involves players who may not wish to be involved at all and any bugs ("issues" as Anet seems to like to call them) will be inflicted on all players. Every other game, as far as I know, Beta tests in dedicated test servers. Certainly, as a former programmer, I would have never tested in a live environment. To do so is plain stupid in my opinion. I hear that Anet is about to test another batch of Beta specs in live - watch out for more  "issues" !.

• Like 1

There are 3 accounts in my household that main necromancer. I would like an official "We're working on it." Or "It's working as intended and won't be changed." We were prepared to pre-order the upcoming expansion for all 3 accounts, but should this not be "fixed" or otherwise acknowledged, then we're just going to walk away and not waste our money.

Edited by HunterGreen.8071
  • Like 4

So ANET brought back the Festival of the Four Winds and put out a "Tempest Cape skin" today, but still nothing about this situation.  I also never got any reply from my bug report about it, where as they did respond previously when I had an issue.

I can't help but wonder if the "bug/issue" that caused this change was someone that works at ANET was repeatedly killed by a Minion-Mancer Necro (or a group of them) riding in on mounts, jumping off to attack him, and that caused a mass of minions to suddenly appear around him and he didn't know who to attack (maybe he got some sudden  lag from the appearance of the bunch of minions?)  Rather than filing an official company report and going through proper channels, maybe he became so angry that he just changed the game code to de-summon minions and put them on cooldown after dismounting, and then only released a tweet about it?  

The above may just be a fanciful idea created entirely in my own mind, but given the total lack of ANET's official statements and response to this situation, I have nothing better to go on.  I know I never encountered any actual "bug" when dismounting as a Necro with Minions.  I also never heard of anyone who did.

C'mon ANET, tell your customers (who I assume you want to buy your new expansion) why you crippled a favorite character build for no apparent reason, and what you are going to do about it?  If the sudden appearance of so many new characters on screen causes the game to crawl for a few moments if you have a lower end computer, what about reducing the image quality of minions a little bit (especially just after dismounting?)  Or if you REALLY want to keep the de-summon all minions when mounting, have dismounting remove the cooldown and leaves then ready to cast again?

For myself, I've been using different Necro skills instead, but I haven't crafted new Ascended armor/gear to fully optimize the other builds yet, so I feel like I'm playing with 1 arm tied behind my back... very frustrating!  I'm also using my no-Necro characters more instead (I have at least 1 character of every class and race).

Edited by Samurai.9567
  • Confused 1

Posting on this again because it has now been over a week since they disabled it and have not said one word about the matter since. I am losing my patience now, I have been playing GW2 since its release and I have never seen such blatant disregard from Anet. I haven't been able to enjoy GW2 on my main, which had my most favorite PVE minion build.

MODS, at least do us a service by acknowledging this thread and the issue.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Ok, new theory: our minions have formed a union to complain about working conditions and compensation. They don't get paid for the time they are summoned and on call while we are mounted, so are dismissed as part of the ongoing negotiations. The lawyers involved are preventing ANet from addressing the issue in any way beyond that first tweet.

• Haha 7

Omg, despite that this is being reported by many minion masters weeks before this patch and still no fix? Working as intended? So this is how things are going to be moving forward? Broke something, oops we don't know how to fix it, oh nvm let's just cripple it and let the players complain, cry and be angry for a few weeks and then they will accept it. We really don't care.

Please no more beta tests if this may happen to the other professions too. A game crippling bug tamed into working as intended. Well done 👎

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 3

Why isn't this fixed? The longer this drags on with no word, the more people speculate and start trying out other games. Who know how many won't bother coming back. How hard is it for one of you at Anet to take 3 minutes out of your day to write up a statement letting your customers know what's going on?

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

let the players complain, cry and be angry for a few weeks and then they will accept it.

Exactly!

It's the perfect way to minimize losses if you're doing something very unpopular on purpose.  🙂

Comparing to big official announcement.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Derrek.2065 said:

Exactly!

It's the perfect way to minimize losses if you're doing something very unpopular on purpose.  🙂

I will just quit again, I know people say buh bye go ahead. but if you tick off enough of the playerbase with their favorite class getting messed up you stand to lose those players at least for a while some for good. I also learned my lesson about buying something sight unseen, glad I didnt preorder. Major crippling changes to class mechanics is not acceptable. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Derrek.2065 said:

Exactly!

There are hidden consequences that have yet to be revealed. Newton's third law; for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. But then again, in this case there is no action at all. Nada. Let's all summon our minions and charge into ANet's office... Oh wait, i forgot, they are still under cooldown.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Theory: one of the new specs will be a minion master for a different profession and they're hoping that necromancer players will be so desperate for a fix that we'll buy the expansion just to be able to play something kind of, sort of, a tiny bit like minion master.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ceit.1869 said:

Theory: one of the new specs will be a minion master for a different profession and they're hoping that necromancer players will be so desperate for a fix that we'll buy the expansion just to be able to play something kind of, sort of, a tiny bit like minion master.

They already have that: Ranger. Their pets don't disappear after mounting. In fact, they have the opposite issue:  They dismiss their pet and as soon as combat starts the pet comes out on it's own without being summoned.

Contrary to the tool tip info on hovering my avatar, I have been playing this game since November 2012. As has my family. We  have taken a few months off, here and there, but have always been compelled to come back. If coming back to a "broken" minion master is what we have to look forward to this time, then no thanks. It's a shame. We were looking forward to the new expansion (for 3 accounts). I guess that money will go to something else.

Edited by HunterGreen.8071
  • Like 1

This isn't the first minion problem. It took them years to fix the AI as your minions stood there on the stairs and watched you die. Then when they "fixed" death traits, every time you crossed a different zone and your assumed level changed, POP. This is another one that will probably take them a year or 2 to fix, because 99% of MM's are afk bots and won't complain about this problem.

• Haha 1

I´m havin´the same issue like everybody else.

I just started playing my Necro more often, after discovering the minion feature.

So I really hope it is a bug and not some "new feature" that´s gonna stick....

A new statement gerarding that issue would be quite nice and appreciated!😥

well certainly not pre-ordering now (seems their programmers have a low quality control capacity ) and am sort of happy I have Final Fantasy  XIV to compensate for my MMORPG fix atm . If this stays, I may just close down the account (certainly not pre-ordering the expansion ) until this gets fixed or just ever...  And yeah playing 5 different necros ( yes one/race) , necro being my favourite class  and only of them is a minion master (who only get logged into farm a specific node 1/day) but I certainly love my Golem for protection and CC on all of them. Same goes for my SO, so hey 2x expansion money down the drain. plus any money for gems etc
Nevermind that the "beta" class were so kitten ( plus I like the swear word wokeness filter on this forum ) underwhelming, that I really wondered if the expansion would be worth at all it in the first place, even before this "issue". 

Edited by achwas.6190
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1