mounts still dismissing necro minions [Merged]

16 minutes ago, Theya Dark.7358 said:

Ty very much, have not been able to find anything about this issue 🙂

well...twitter isnt best for this kind of announcement. This really should be in more visible place. Twitter isn't that popular outside of US. I've found it due to random post on reddit.

Edited by SimplyRedie.6207
  • Like 1

Necromancers and Elemental minions should not dismount when mounting.

Elemental Minions are not good for end game. The only time the would be good is leveling; however, having something that last for 120 second with a long cooldown vanish for a quick mount trip to get from point A - point B is awful.

Same for necromancers. This really hurts the leveling experience. The only place where these are really fun and viable builds.

Edited by Josiah.2967
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Luna Ataegina.3289 said:

My necro is unusable like this.

I agree.  I had just made a great MM and was having fun deploying my army via mount and the next day, all of a sudden, I didn't have that ability and died, repeatedly, because I was jumping into mobs and had no ability to pull up minions while being stunned, dazed, pulled, knocked down and ultimately turned into fertilizer.

Now, I just won't play those characters until this issue is fixed.  It's too time-consuming and hazardous to one's armor to have to constantly wait for your timers to count down and then respawn everything in the middle of a fight.  Plodding isn't an option, and this happens GOING INTO AND OUT OF the water, too.  Which really baked my biscuits when taking on the veterans around one of those swim speed boost chests, thanks.

Necro minions should never despawn. 

Those on a timer, well, I'd be less inclined to worry about that because they WILL die after a set time and my play-style is to call them as needed.  Unlike it is for necros, it's not like ele minions stay up forever or until killed, after all.

Having made my case (along with many others) about how unhappy the necros (and to an extent the eles) are about the destruction of their minions from just getting on a mount, (and going for a swim), what I really want (other than this to be fixed ASAP), is some official word about when that might happen.  I DO get that chasing bugs is a problem which doesn't lend itself well to a timeline, but a ballpark would be good.

Failing that, turn the ability to keep minions spawned when mounting or swimming back on and work on the issue while whatever exploit someone has devised is plugged up.  Punishing the entire GW community for the kittenhattery of a few is not a good game plan there.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, sorudo.9054 said:

you clearly don't know how necro's work, you also clearly never played diablo or guild wars.

Minions in GW2 work fundamentally different from GW1, so they need to be treated fundamentally different.

Also, my post clearly is about the fairness between two professions using similar skill mechanics.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Minions in GW2 work fundamentally different from GW1, so they need to be treated fundamentally different.

Also, my post clearly is about the fairness between two professions using similar skill mechanics.

a necro is still supposed to be a master of death, minions not dying is a part of that.

the ele is supposed to summon temporary help, stronger than necro minions but temporary all the same.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Please keep reporting this, that tweet is just so typical Anet.  I absolutely hated this bug, and was so glad they finally, after years, fixed it.  And now we get a tweet that sais "We disabled this feature due to issues" as if this is not a bug but rather a feature that is troublesome, so bad luck, not going to get it back.  How about giving us a heads up, Anet?

Again, keep reporting this, it is an absolute bug,  and they should experience our agony about it. Trust me, if this is new to you, and you do not already hate it, you are going to. 

Also, it is now worse then ever: it used to be so that you only lost your minions when you mounted/dismounted in quick succession; now they ALWAYS disappear when you mount up. This makes either Mounts useless, or Minions useless. Please fix this!!

Edited by Tyncale.1629
  • Like 6

Ouch .... just like others i dont use twitter and thats not a good way to announce major changes. I have been playing my necro for at least 18 months and arrive on mount and crash in to kill opposition, but then today I had NO support as my minions were gone and worse they were still regenerating. Luckily I was just farming iron ore in Harathi Hinterlands so i was not killed, but it took me a couple of goes before I realised what was happening. 

I understand them disappearing if you go in water as the minions change, but just mounting moving and dismounting should not affect them this is a critical issue and should be fixed as soon as possible.

Will have to rethink "End of Dragons expansion"

• Like 4