mounts still dismissing necro minions [Merged]

I agree, the silence from Anet is once again devastating. Apart from that tweet that nobody reads off course. How hard is it to let someone just post a little explanation about this? If there is a hack involved, no need to get into details, just some info what their plans are with this. 😒

• Like 6

It is very disappointing that Anet hasn't said a word on this subject, other than the initial tweet (unless I've missed something). I would have at least expected something like "we're working on a fix now" - or if it is intended to be permanent, then have the courtesy of telling us so, as it's made a class almost unplayable (in WvW at least). I can see a lot of players of necros moving to WoW if this is permanent or continues much longer.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Serynna.3786 said:

class almost unplayable (in WvW at least)

Not quite the class because there are some builds that don't use minions but I can't play WvW at the moment with my minion master. I have to either run around on foot or can't join battles because I end up dead before I can even get all of my minions up.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

This is especially fun in WvW. The enemy players are very understanding.

Feels a bit like the developers are not really playing their own game anymore. then again WvW has been the redhaired stepchild for such a long time even without that. But, ahem "nice" to see that even 3 days later they have not changed this problem^^

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If we were still on the maps that didn't require mounts because of distance... I'd be fine walking because it's frustrating to have them go on cd and not having them when you need them most.  Dismounting with the dismount combat ability is ruined when you can't just start into a fight without first "wait, hold on a sec.. gotta summon my cc pet."  Talk about feeling unprepared when going into the "test".

Edited by Ferelwing.8463

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes there is some bug so its disabeld at the moment.

They have not said it is supposed to be like this by design from now on.

Why didn't they put it into the bugs on the main site vs via twitter which not every player uses...  I had no idea what was going on till I got here.

• Like 4

Just want to add my number to the rest who'd like to see this return. Even before I saw the tweet, I had a suspicion maybe being able to mount from shrouded form caused some unexpected bug with minions and mounting. I hope that's the case and that this will be a temporary issue. I was about to explore the PoF maps with my minionmancer necro, which are specifically designed to be explored with mounts, so it's extremely annoying to deal with constant resummoning. 😞

• Like 2

The most frustrating aspect of this situation is the lack of communication and/or explanation. Really makes me regret investing in EoD, especially when I don't want to play my main anymore. If this is going to be something that will become permanent, it should be in an official patch. Additionally, they should have it so at least there isn't a cool-down to re-summon our entire utility side.

• Like 5

Adding my complaint as well.... I was really looking forward to hopping into Istan this week and finishing up with the remaining achievements I needed.. Playing a little with my Ranger and after about 30 mins I'm bored and unmotivated. I really miss my Reaper Necro(s).... I know I can simply change builds to play without minions but I don't enjoy the game as much that way.  I know fixes for things take time.. a simple update and acknowledgment of the issue would be greatly appreciated.... and not on Twitter, that site is kitten.... It would also ease the minds of so many players. And if this is going to be permanent then I think its time I take a break and put my money someplace else.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, mygodisthesun.1725 said:

Just adding this here for support.

I will not be playing until fixed.

I came in to see if it was worth playing again and it looks like it isn't.  Really does anyone even have any idea what the exploit or whatever it is that anet is trying to stop is?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, howako.4059 said:

Adding my complaint as well.... I was really looking forward to hopping into Istan this week and finishing up with the remaining achievements I needed.. Playing a little with my Ranger and after about 30 mins I'm bored and unmotivated. I really miss my Reaper Necro(s).... I know I can simply change builds to play without minions but I don't enjoy the game as much that way.  I know fixes for things take time.. a simple update and acknowledgment of the issue would be greatly appreciated.... and not on Twitter, that site is kitten.... It would also ease the minds of so many players. And if this is going to be permanent then I think its time I take a break and put my money someplace else.

Agreed - The thing that bothers me most is I haven't heard a thing from Anet.   Tell us something!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

They did tell us on twitter that it is disabled untill further notice due to a bug.

There is not a word about "further notice", it's your own fantasy. Also it's "issue", not a "bug" - it's two different things. This "issue" maybe is a lot of minion-pistoliers in the last beta, that is players preferred minions over Harbinger's bottles...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

They did tell us on twitter that it is disabled untill further notice due to a bug.

That doesn't tell me anything.  From my point of view...everything was working fine until they disabled it.  So what's the actual problem?  Also if you are going to do something that affects the entire community then why isn't it posted on the GW2 Wiki under Game Updates or on the GW2 website under News ?   As many other people have said, I don't have Twitter. I don't use Twitter. And I never would have thought to look on Twitter of all places for Guild Wars updates.   -  With all of the posts in this discussion, where everyone is talking about it.. Why havent they answered our questions right here on the GW2 Forum??   They are keeping us in the dark.  Makes no sense and is affecting a lot of people.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, CriminalMind.4379 said:

I too need to say something. This is especially annoying in WvW when you're roaming the map solo and get hit off your mount. You are minionless and dead before you can summon them. NOT COOL ANET!!!!

This is me too. Logged on, still broken, logged off. There is no point in playing WvW while this is going on.

• Like 2