Suggestion: Stop putting exclusive skins behind RNG.

@artemis.6781 said:

@Kuulpb.5412 said:I concede GW2 you win my luck is trash, 101 keys later ( Approximately £68 on keys and no scarab, I could have just as easily spent £50 on the backpack but nah :P, also I'm now so broke it isn't funny)

The good news is that you now have at least 101 statuettes to use if they ever become available. Also, usually my luck is pretty crappy, but I got both with just 10 keys I had saved from map completion.

No I have 55, because I used 58 to get gold to buy moar keyz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Dreadshow.9320" said:Statuettes store should offer everything that is available in BLCs at the time of opening said BLC. As a failsafe currency statuettes are horrible.

Statuettes are a fail-safe mechanism designed to protect ANet. They have some benefit for consumers as well. However, they are not a consumer fail-safe.

ANet stands to benefit if laws are enacted prohibiting loot box gambling. All they need do is point at Statuettes and say, "Look, there is a set price for some items, the random aspect only makes them cheaper to get." If the regulations are such they need to put all available items in the Statuette List to keep selling keys, they will. Then, and not until.

As said by others before, Anet needs to earn money somewhere. Skins are part of what works best. They are certainly "nice to have", however totally optional. We can play without them.

My view of gem store is that we are very lucky that items on offer are all optional items. This is a fair concept. Nobody is forced to it and the game is not impacted if we don't buy. It could be worse... Don't forget that. :3

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Tjdraxus.7143 said:They're called
Microtransactions
and they are a part of a game's income, they don't hurt anyone (in GW2 at least, cause they're not pay to win)Yeah its a bummer, trying to get skins and stuff like that, but in the other hand makes it more valuable once you have it

or sometimes not so micro ...

Depends on how you see it my man, I personally spend at least 20$ bucks a month candy and junk food, if one month I have to eat healthy and buy gems for my game, that wouldn't hurt at all

@Tjdraxus.7143 said:

Microtransactions
and they are a part of a game's income, they don't hurt anyone (in GW2 at least, cause they're not pay to win)Yeah its a bummer, trying to get skins and stuff like that, but in the other hand makes it more valuable once you have it

Depends on how you see it my man, I personally spend at least 20$ bucks a month candy and junk food, if one month I have to eat healthy and buy gems for my game, that wouldn't hurt at all

The points was more along the lines of the fact that the word has lost its meaning.

Microtransaction is a poor description for something that is 2/3 the price of the game itself.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Microtransactions

The points was more along the lines of the fact that the word has lost its meaning.

Microtransaction is a poor description for something that is 2/3 the price of the game itself.

Now I get it and yes you have a point, looking at it that way they're more like MACROtransactions, but going back to the start of the whole debate, buying BL keys with gems is not worth it

@Tjdraxus.7143 said:

Microtransactions

Now I get it and yes you have a point, looking at it that way they're more like MACROtransactions, but going back to the start of the whole debate, buying BL keys with gems is not worth it

Before the statuettes I would agree. With the statuettes it depends.

@yann.1946 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@yann.1946 said:People are offended by the gambling practices because they spend more then they normally would.I feel like people should take a look at sales. Cause they have the exact same consequence. ( you probably heard a story of someone who has more steam games they could ever play before.)At least they get what they want on these sales, instead of another revive orb.We'll they trick then in buying things they don't want. It just feels like they wanted it.Honestly gambling just feels worse but it almost the same thing.

Discerning gambling is a skill, just like recognizing propaganda. Marketing people tweak our inner beast to motivate us.

Always count to 10. Don't look at sales flyers.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Microtransactions

To me micro-transactions are equivalent of buying a snack item at a store. Dropping $20 or $25 on an item is hardly micro. That's like buying groceries for a good meal or filling a car up with gas. Regarding snacks; I'm not purchase from a vending machine that offers you the option of getting a random item for $5 or picking what I want for $15. It's a horrible option in the real world and a horrible option in games. Whoever operates the vending machines in ANet's break rooms should replace their vending machines with ones that work like that. Maybe they would start to understand what RNG is bad.

@"Kuulpb.5412" said:Just an update: 70 keys No scarab. this clearly shows that "uncommon" is not uncommon,

No it doesn't, it just shows it's random ... like expected. If you don't like skins behind RNG, then don't pay for the keys. If enough people agree with you and do the same, Anet will see the hit to their revenues and do something else. By purchasing keys, you're giving Anet the OPPOSITE message.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

Microtransactions

To me micro-transactions are equivalent of buying a snack item at a store. Dropping $20 or $25 on an item is hardly micro. That's like buying groceries for a good meal or filling a car up with gas. Regarding snacks; I'm not purchase from a vending machine that offers you the option of getting a random item for $5 or picking what I want for $15. It's a horrible option in the real world and a horrible option in games. Whoever operates the vending machines in ANet's break rooms should replace their vending machines with ones that work like that. Maybe they would start to understand what RNG is bad.

I still want to know where you fill your car up with for $25! ?

@artemis.6781 said:

Microtransactions

I still want to know where you fill your car up with for $25! ?

I drive a hybrid 2 seat vehicle. I didn't buy the hype of getting a giant vehicle just to commute to work in.

@keenedge.9675 said:

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:I drive a hybrid 2 seat vehicle. I didn't buy the hype of getting a giant vehicle just to commute to work in.

Hybrids are a bit of hype too. Unless you drive hundreds of miles a day and/or sell before battery replacement time, the savings will be negated.

maybe ... but he's still filling his tank for $25, which was the point.

@keenedge.9675 said:

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:I drive a hybrid 2 seat vehicle. I didn't buy the hype of getting a giant vehicle just to commute to work in.

Hybrids are a bit of hype too. Unless you drive hundreds of miles a day and/or sell before battery replacement time, the savings will be negated.

I didn't get it for the hybrid part. I got the CRZ because I needed something as a daily driver at the time that was good on gas and it was a sort of descendant of my favorite older car; a '91 CRX SI which I'm about to have a new engine dropped into.

@Obtena.7952 said:

maybe ... but he's still filling his tank for $25, which was the point.

She...

Archived