new patch for wvw

Sovereign.1093

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:BM = Bad ManneredExamples: throwing shame rams, laughing, dancing, PM'ing them calling them trash, taking the mariner horn and playing taps on their corpse, etc.I thought the point of throwing rams was to prevent stealth resurrections. With the sheer amount of stealth out there, I throw siege on someone if I find their corpse hasn't disappeared in a timely fashion.

How does that prevent stealth resurrections? A thief would just break the ram in less than a second and go back to stealthing. You gonna stand there and keep tossing rams? Thats how the thief laugh at you, mission accomplished.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:BM = Bad ManneredExamples: throwing shame rams, laughing, dancing, PM'ing them calling them trash, taking the mariner horn and playing taps on their corpse, etc.I thought the point of throwing rams was to prevent stealth resurrections. With the sheer amount of stealth out there, I throw siege on someone if I find their corpse hasn't disappeared in a timely fashion.

How does that prevent stealth resurrections? A thief would just break the ram in less than a second and go back to stealthing. You gonna stand there and keep tossing rams? Thats how the thief laugh at you, mission accomplished.

They don't even have to kill the ram.... and by having the ram on the corpse, you are even less likely to see the health bar raising while they are rezzing.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

They don't even have to kill the ram.... and by having the ram on the corpse, you are even less likely to see the health bar raising while they are rezzing.

Spoken from experience :)

@Oogabooga.3812 said:

Now if you threw food you'd have a better chance of making it a little more difficult (not much more difficult though) to res someone. Which is why you'll often see enemy zergs trolling the EWP and other tactivators with tons of cheap food. A piece of siege to an enemy does nothing because they cannot interact with it, they can only kill it. If you threw the same ram on your own ally it'd be more difficult for your allies to res someone. Also there's a reason it's called a SHAME RAM.

Mallyx/Glint condi herald seems pretty strong atm with the new 20% damage reduction modifier on corruption and herald trait options being way better overall.

The damage isnt insane but it is tankier than firebrand (running trailblazer + some rabid for crit chance to remove boons atm) while stealing/applying boons and pulling conditions from allies.

I wouldnt mind running full melee train again.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Now if you threw food you'd have a better chance of making it a little more difficult (not much more difficult though) to res someone. Which is why you'll often see enemy zergs trolling the EWP and other tactivators with tons of cheap food. A piece of siege to an enemy does nothing because they cannot interact with it, they can only kill it. If you threw the same ram on your own ally it'd be more difficult for your allies to res someone. Also there's a reason it's called a
SHAME RAM

Exactly.

The only time it's effective is if they have auto attack enabled and even that isn't a given.

Even with all these buffs and nerfs, it doesnt tackle anything major. Damage and unneeded clutter on things that are ridiculously overtuned. It actually made it worse for classes that already had to much. A buff for warrior and mesmer? With a nerf to core engineer that wasnt even necessary. Honestly I lost all hope for the future of this game's pvp and might just have to look at WoW for the first time in years to get my PvP addiction craved.

@Oogabooga.3812 said:

:open_mouth:

@Dawdler.8521 said:How does that prevent stealth resurrections? A thief would just break the ram in less than a second and go back to stealthing. You gonna stand there and keep tossing rams? Thats how the thief laugh at you, mission accomplished.I have a ridiculous amount of rams and other cheap siege.@Strider Pj.2193 said:They don't even have to kill the ram.... and by having the ram on the corpse, you are even less likely to see the health bar raising while they are rezzing.I did not know this. Apparently, some Thieves don't know this either since I've killed a few when they attacked the ram.@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:Now if you threw food you'd have a better chance of making it a little more difficult (not much more difficult though) to res someone. Which is why you'll often see enemy zergs trolling the EWP and other tactivators with tons of cheap food. A piece of siege to an enemy does nothing because they cannot interact with it, they can only kill it. If you threw the same ram on your own ally it'd be more difficult for your allies to res someone. Also there's a reason it's called a SHAME RAM.Unfortunately, I'm not as well stocked on cheap food as I am with cheap siege. I was unaware of the term "Shame Ram", so that's something new I've learned. Does the type of siege used have different meanings? A while back, I downed someone in a fight and the rest of his roaming group came in and killed me. After he rallied, he threw a guild golem on me.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:Now if you threw food you'd have a better chance of making it a little more difficult (not much more difficult though) to res someone. Which is why you'll often see enemy zergs trolling the EWP and other tactivators with tons of cheap food. A piece of siege to an enemy does nothing because they cannot interact with it, they can only kill it. If you threw the same ram on your own ally it'd be more difficult for your allies to res someone. Also there's a reason it's called a
SHAME RAM
.Unfortunately, I'm not as well stocked on cheap food as I am with cheap siege. I was unaware of the term "Shame Ram", so that's something new I've learned. Does the type of siege used have different meanings? A while back, I downed someone in a fight and the rest of his roaming group came in and killed me. After he rallied, he threw a guild golem on me.

It could mean several things, you either pissed them off allot that they felt the need to throw more money/bigger siege on your corpse. They clicked the wrong siege to throw on you. If you were in a camp they might have just gotten 2 birds with 1 stone shame sieging you and building a golem for later golem shenanigans. If they throw ballistas they're just being cheap. At the end of the day it all means the same thing.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@"Handin.4032" said:It's a good thing they made it so a bunch of the novelties don't work in WvW :( like the new throne :( If it doesn't work in a specific game type - ADVERTISE IT. I mostly play WvW - spent 600 Gems on something that is disabled there without any advertisement of that fact. GG Anet. GG. (Btw, it DOES work in pvp lobby - everywhere BUT WvW)

Sorry you can't BM with a chair?

Just so I'm clear, this "BM" means something other than my vet asking if my dog had a BM that morning?

Your dog had a bad morning? Also, Handin is not the sort of person to be rude.

@Usagi.4835 said:

@"Handin.4032" said:It's a good thing they made it so a bunch of the novelties don't work in WvW :( like the new throne :( If it doesn't work in a specific game type - ADVERTISE IT. I mostly play WvW - spent 600 Gems on something that is disabled there without any advertisement of that fact. GG Anet. GG. (Btw, it DOES work in pvp lobby - everywhere BUT WvW)

Just so I'm clear, this "BM" means something other than my vet asking if my dog had a BM that morning?

No, BM is medical shorthand for a #2.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

No, BM is medical shorthand for a #2.

For some people/dogs, that could be a bad morning too. :persevere: Edit: Wait, no. Never mind. Just a bowel movement and nothing explosive.

Archived