please stop duelling in WvW!!

Ayakaru.6583

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duels aren’t a problem.

If you can’t risk going 1vX against your targets then don’t engage.

There aren’t enough duelists that this could interfere with normal play. If you attack and the other ally stops fighting you just pull off and wave. No need for them to kill you if you respect their fight.

I’ve dueled against newbies and experienced players. Often, they want to get better or fight a good 1v1 where they won’t be jumped by five others or have to deal with those who jump in and out of towers to stay alive 1v1. (Totally legitimate strategy but sometimes you want to actually finish a fight).

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"kathy.8291" said:Im sorry I just saw this post and Im sure others said what Im about to say. When I see people dueling in WvW I go and kill the opposite player (enemy) . Yes they get pissed off but Oh Well Go to OS for dueling

Oh plenty have said ‘have at it’. The problem (if you want to call it that) is the OP complaining his server mate didn’t help him. More than once.

The gist of it was/is ‘If you’re good enough to get the kill, good job. If not, don’t come to the forums and complain like a young cat.’

Saddly ive had the opposite experience. Ill try and leave duelers alone when i see them and walk away, and ill get jumped by the enemy "dueler" from behind and my allies will sit there and watch and not help. Never engaged, never got asked, just jumped and killed.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"kathy.8291" said:Im sorry I just saw this post and Im sure others said what Im about to say. When I see people dueling in WvW I go and kill the opposite player (enemy) . Yes they get pissed off but Oh Well Go to OS for dueling

Oh plenty have said ‘have at it’. The problem (if you want to call it that) is the OP complaining his server mate didn’t help him. More than once.

The gist of it was/is ‘If you’re good enough to get the kill, good job. If not, don’t come to the forums and complain like a young cat.’

Saddly ive had the opposite experience. Ill try and leave duelers alone when i see them and walk away, and ill get jumped by the enemy "dueler" from behind and my allies will sit there and watch and not help. Never engaged, never got asked, just jumped and killed.

There are ways to address that to, but yeah, I’ve jumped in not knowing and pulled back when I’ve seen my team pull back also.

But that for me usually takes place on a beaten path.

If I get jumped despite walking away I’ll adrenaline it with my server mate. If he’s a kitten, and I have friends, well, their fun gets interupted. But if he’s either like my ‘bad’ or anything other than being a kitten, I’ll just walk away. It isn’t worth it.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

There are ways to address that to, but yeah, I’ve jumped in not knowing and pulled back when I’ve seen my team pull back also.

If I get jumped despite walking away I’ll adrenaline it with my server mate. If he’s a kitten, and I have friends, well, their fun gets interupted. But if he’s either like my ‘bad’ or anything other than being a kitten, I’ll just walk away. It isn’t worth it.

...the difference is you engaged, i did not, they disengaged from the duel they where involved in(One enemy, and a person on my server), and came after me, saddly has happened more than once(i seldom see duelers on the server i moved to a few months ago thank goodness.). I didnt interact with them at all. Theres no way to address that. but if duelers want to be left alone outside of duels they should leave non involved/non interested players alone too is all im saying.

@Dante.1763 said:

...the difference is you engaged, i did not, they disengaged from the duel they where involved in(One enemy, and a person on my server), and came after me, saddly has happened more than once(i seldom see duelers on the server i moved to a few months ago thank goodness.). I didnt interact with them at all. Theres no way to address that.
but if duelers want to be left alone outside of duels they should leave non involved/non interested players alone too is all im saying

I agree. It got lost in my reply that I would ask the ‘friendly’ why his dueler buddy kept going. What I do then is dependent on his reply.

But agreed, it needs to be a two way street. Most of the duelers I’ve experienced have not done that. But it happens.

I bet OP's main has something to do with chivalry and honor. Excuse me for being rude but this thread is too funny.

If you are really concerned about winning the war for your World, I suggest you stop minding those duels as they are not relevant in the grand scheme of things. Your presence is better off somewhere else like manning a treb, taking down a camp or killing a Lord. Heck, even killing a supply cow helps a bit better than killing someone who is only in for the thrill of single combat.

WvW is a game mode currently in life-support, just be happy that there are people willing to support it regardless.

I tend to keep duelers alone unless they are already downed by people, then I snag my tag for the bag :p. Remember that while it may be a pk zone, sometimes it's better to just yet people have their fun, kinda the same way you need to let an enemy rally and lick their wounds before crushing them again so they just don't rage quit. Also some.of your duelers will sometimes relay large group movements and they also are in wvw proper for participation.

You will learn which tags to respect and which to not, so give it time. Remember that these people are specced for very small scale fights, so if you are in a pve or zerg spec, you are at a significant disadvantage.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Some people respect the dueling culture, but many do not. If you don't want duelers on the map, get a group of liked minded individuals and make their lives miserable enough that they leave the map. Then go find them on another map and do it again, rinse and repeat. Even helps to down them and let them bleed out, if they try to heal, hit them once to stop and let them bleed out again. Works every time, they will always leave. If you really want to be a prick, add them, so you can see what map they're on, and whenever they log on, go find them and kill them again. Of course they can try to bring buddies, but unfortunately for them, far more people do not respect dueling that those that do. They'll always have more numbers to force the duelers off the map.

Someone did that to me once when I was duelling. I then hunted him and bled him out 13 odd times over the next 3 hours, changing builds each time it was close so he couldn't build to counter me effectively, til he eventually rage quit. Be careful not to bite off more than you can chew.

@Dante.1763 said:

...the difference is you engaged, i did not, they disengaged from the duel they where involved in(One enemy, and a person on my server), and came after me, saddly has happened more than once(i seldom see duelers on the server i moved to a few months ago thank goodness.). I didnt interact with them at all. Theres no way to address that. but if duelers want to be left alone outside of duels they should leave non involved/non interested players alone too is all im saying.

If someone from the other team interrupts my duel, I'll either disengage completely and make them run around in circles for absolutely no reason (thief ftw) or I'll down them fast and let them res in both cases their teammate has chance to tell them it's a duel. If they get up then come for me again they deserve anything that comes to them.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

If someone from the other team interrupts my duel, I'll either disengage completely and make them run around in circles for absolutely no reason (thief ftw) or I'll down them fast and let them res in both cases their teammate has chance to tell them it's a duel. If they get up then come for me again they deserve anything that comes to them.

Thats also different than what i experienced, so..

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Some people respect the dueling culture, but many do not.

How can you make that assessment without knowing if the player knew they were interrupting a duel. Judging by the OPs post, it sounded more like he saw an ally fighting a player from another server, so he went and helped.

Unless you can prove he knowingly tried to interrupt the duel, you've landed on the core problem the OP is bringing up: do you go to help an ally and potentially interrupt a duel, or assume your ally is dueling and leave them to fight on their own in a cooperative / team focused PvP game mode?

Archived