The state of PVP

Silence.3702

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know I did some ranked matches last night where I got matched against a scourge. I never once was in a fight against this person in the entire match. Just rotated around his ridiculous AOE spam that covers entire points. At the end of each match all he did was gripe about mirage. Even though I never once went up against him.

I swear man people will do anything to see this spec nerfed. Which I feel the only thing that needs changed on mirage, is make the dodge unusable while stunned. Everything else is fine. It doesn't even have the best condition application in the game atm.

It needs a nerf though. Everyone keep griping th mantra until it is in everyone's head.Be loud enough until Mirage is earthbound

To me its just dodging while stunned / casting / rezzing...Other issue I have is PC related, a good mes spamming visual clutter usually leaves only name plates visible and I have to rely on what AoE is ticking for less than the others

Dodging while stunned needs to go. However casting, stomping, ressing during the mirage cloak is what the class is designed around. If you get rid of all of that may as well scrap the spec as a whole.

More than reasonable request, of course since this is GW2, Next Patch:Elusive Mind exhaustion increased to 25 secs.Infinite Horrizon no longer affects illusions, it just does nothing at all.Dune cloak, well you'll be hard pressed to make it work worse than it already does.Oh yea and Mirage Mirrors are now the only source of Mirage Cloak.

RIP!

Dune cloak actually works rather well.

I don't like this trait. I feel like it's very lackluster esp compared to infinite horizon

If either of you think this trait is anything but completely useless you should probably never comment on balance changes. They don't even use this in PvE where you can control where mirrors are and where 20% duration would be always on let alone PvP/WvW where you'd have no control and situational use at best.

Plus in pve you can easily reach 100% condo duration without it and bleeding gets stacked up very quickly

You know I did some ranked matches last night where I got matched against a scourge. I never once was in a fight against this person in the entire match. Just rotated around his ridiculous AOE spam that covers entire points. At the end of each match all he did was gripe about mirage. Even though I never once went up against him.

I swear man people will do anything to see this spec nerfed. Which I feel the only thing that needs changed on mirage, is make the dodge unusable while stunned. Everything else is fine. It doesn't even have the best condition application in the game atm.

It needs a nerf though. Everyone keep griping th mantra until it is in everyone's head.Be loud enough until Mirage is earthbound

To me its just dodging while stunned / casting / rezzing...Other issue I have is PC related, a good mes spamming visual clutter usually leaves only name plates visible and I have to rely on what AoE is ticking for less than the others

Dodging while stunned needs to go. However casting, stomping, ressing during the mirage cloak is what the class is designed around. If you get rid of all of that may as well scrap the spec as a whole.

More than reasonable request, of course since this is GW2, Next Patch:Elusive Mind exhaustion increased to 25 secs.Infinite Horrizon no longer affects illusions, it just does nothing at all.Dune cloak, well you'll be hard pressed to make it work worse than it already does.Oh yea and Mirage Mirrors are now the only source of Mirage Cloak.

RIP!

I don't like this trait. I feel like it's very lackluster esp compared to infinite horizon

If either of you think this trait is anything but completely useless you should probably never comment on balance changes. They don't even use this in PvE where you can control where mirrors are and where 20% duration would be always on let alone PvP/WvW where you'd have no control and situational use at best.

Plus in pve you can easily reach 100% condi duration without it and bleeding gets stacked up very quickly without it

RIP!

Plus in pve you can easily reach 100% condo duration without it and bleeding gets stacked up very quickly

Pretty sure @apharma.3741 discounted your initial comment, likely cuz you were milder in your description of the trait.

RIP!

Pretty sure @apharma.3741 discounted your initial comment, likely cuz you were milder in your description of the trait.

Lackluster, useless, totally outshined by IH with condi duration. Honestly the entire mirage trait line is awful with the exception of 3-4 traits. The minors aren't even that good.

RIP!

Lackluster, useless, totally outshined by IH with condi duration. Honestly the entire mirage trait line is awful with the exception of 3-4 traits. The minors aren't even that good.

3-4 traits sounds like every trait line ever

RIP!

3-4 traits sounds like every trait line ever

Incorrect! For reference, check Holo or FB :wink:

RIP!

Lackluster > Useless #justsayin

RIP!

True. Either way. I think most are in agreement that done cloak, and elusive mind are totally forgettable traits as it is now.

RIP!

True. Either way. I think most are in agreement that done cloak, and elusive mind are totally honorable traits as it is now.

If by that you mean, Hall of Fame retirees :smiley:Leave it to ANET to give us a single usable GM trait for the new e-spec. Seems legit for $30 right. does that mean I can refund $20 bucks off my original purchase since I got 1/3 of an e-spec?I'm looking at you @Ben Phongluangtham.1065

RIP!

True. Either way. I think most are in agreement that done cloak, and elusive mind are totally honorable traits as it is now.

If by that you mean, Hall of Fame retirees :smiley:Leave it to ANET to give us a single usable GM trait for the new e-spec. Seems legit for $30 right. does that mean I can refund $20 bucks off my original purchase since I got 1/3 of an e-spec?I'm looking at you @Ben Phongluangtham.1065

Sorry. Damn auto correct. Meant forgettable. New phone and all >.<

RIP!

Sorry. kitten auto correct. Meant forgettable. New phone and all >.<

You're forgiven.

Game is pretty much dead and in money grab mode now. People got sick of the balance team not listening to concerns and doing whatever they wanted. They really should look at DAoC to learn how to properly go about class balancing. And it all starts with a test server.

@Rufo.3716 said:Game is pretty much dead and in money grab mode now. People got sick of the balance team not listening to concerns and doing whatever they wanted. They really should look at DAoC to learn how to properly go about class balancing. And it all starts with a test server.

I love when people mention DAoC as an example, did you play that game during beta? Even past that the game, had so many unbalances it was unreal. It's true what they say, the human mind forgets and over time only remembers the good things.

I suppose that's how we cope.

@Rufo.3716 said:Game is pretty much dead and in money grab mode now. People got sick of the balance team not listening to concerns and doing whatever they wanted. They really should look at DAoC to learn how to properly go about class balancing. And it all starts with a test server.

yeah man.. Most people I know jumped ship to other games me included. I look in on here to see if anything has changed, but honestly its comedy relief at work more than anything else.

@Silence.3702 said:Words and -

I agree with you but

Deadeye - Rework is needed, its the most one sided non intereactve class, its basically a x minutes marhathon of A player using stealth and shooting someone trying to

Just know that when thief WAS interactive people whined so hard about it it essentially got relegated to a spam add. Be careful what you wish for. Thieves are good at pressing buttons.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:Rev below balanced?M'ok...

I also cant think of any spec that works outside the parameters of every other spec while also being the only spec to recieve 2 upgrades with the latest expansion being mirage cloak and ambush skills..

Its just my opinion though on why I think it should have not gone past cosmetic changes, EM wouldnt have to be touched if this was the case, just my opinion though.

I know many people would disagree with me on this, and sometimes I disagree with myself, but I don't think EM or it's evasive qualities are the problem anymore. That's fine, the class can keep that flavor and function. But it DOES NOT need to deal such tremendous damage while having S+ grade across the board in everything else.

I feel like most of the problems here lie within its ability to stack too much confusion, and how confusion works. Confusion as a condition just deals too much damage, such to the point that players must stop using skills at times, which indirectly could be viewed as a type of CC actually. Then when confusion is paired with torment, you had this dual CC thing going on where players have to stop moving and stop taking actions. <- This is awfully powerful. I would say that confusion needs a review, and maybe the amount of torment could be turned down a bit.

I also cant think of any spec that works outside the parameters of every other spec while also being the only spec to recieve 2 upgrades with the latest expansion being mirage cloak and ambush skills..

Its just my opinion though on why I think it should have not gone past cosmetic changes, EM wouldnt have to be touched if this was the case, just my opinion though.

I know many people would disagree with me on this, and sometimes I disagree with myself, but I don't think EM or it's evasive qualities are the problem anymore. That's fine, the class can keep that flavor and function. But it DOES NOT need to deal such tremendous damage while having S+ grade across the board in everything else.

I feel like most of the problems here lie within its ability to stack too much confusion, and how confusion works. Confusion as a condition just deals too much damage, such to the point that players must stop using skills at times, which indirectly could be viewed as a type of CC actually. Then when confusion is paired with torment, you had this dual CC thing going on where players have to stop moving and stop taking actions. <- This is awfully powerful. I would say that confusion needs a review, and maybe the amount of torment could be turned down a bit.

I do agree that confusion for Mesmer could be more streamlined and you have to build for it, instead of getting it as a side bonus in some builds. A subtle trait swap between several traits would likely achieve that goal.

I can agree with everything in this post. Fox's a slippery beast all good 'n dandy, but it becomes a problem when you it give it the bite of a bear.

I'd roll small nerfs for Spellbreaker, too. SB's node holding power is only fair to get nerfed while the damage of other classes gets toned down.

Actually a bit on the edge about Holo. Lot of their stuff does have windups and animation breaks, and they're not really that durable outside Exilirs. But I can see the gimmicks that make people wish their downfall.

I don't think, that's it's unreasonable request- to balance 9 classes. As in a mobas you have over 40 balanced "classes" . I wouldn't expect a every day patch balance like any other mobas but a weekly one is a reasonable I mean all Anet has to do is to balance an idle status of 9 classes

@bigo.9037 said:the game is dead honestly. anet should have made better choices for pvp back when they cared at all. if they made something like 2v2 instead of stronghold they would be more successful.

they kitten up, realized they got 0 return on investment in pvp and decided to never do anything except balance patches ever again. Same with wvw. they add 1 more map that adds another dimension to the game ( vertical ) but players didn't like it so anet will never ever take chances in wve again.

alliances are so far off that it's essentially useless. no old players will return just because of alliances. it's just the same old wvw but with slightly different teams woooo amazing.

Yeah they had a window of years to make pvp gr8 but never acted upon it. Better late than never though.

Archived