emoji update to ingame chat

Titan.7640

I can both appreciate and dislike this idea. While I myself have become somewhat of a connoisseur ? to the fine art of emoji use. And wouldn't entirely be against more ways to express in chat. I can see chat just devolve into a cesspool of nothing but spammed emojis, as well as just horrible use. And it makes me shudder at the thought.

I already have a powerful dislike for folks who just type lol and smiley faces regardless if it actually fits. Seeing all that with constant visual representation would hurt my soul ?......but that's just my 2 cents~

We already have a couple of unique symbols. Most are abused for guild-recruitment adverts like

☏Hey☏We☏Found☏This☏Awesome☏Symbol☏☏☏☏We☏Are☏A☏Guild☏JOIN☏US☏!☏!☏! ☏☏☏

I know it is quite difficult to make an unique and appealing advertisement, which even fits the length-restriction. A lot of those creative messages get spamed and repeated 3x. Big Thanks to ANet for the wonderful spam-blocker, else our mapchats would be a real chaos. We have /emotes in the game to show feelings, we could use a few more. But emojis? Please not.

If you really want to spread some chaos in the game, here is the list of possible symbols in our chat:■□▪▫▲△▼▽☖☗☉◆◇◊○◎◯☐☑☒★☆☇☈☊☋☌☍♪☚☛☜☝☞☟☠☡☢☣☤☥☦☧☨☩☪☫☬☭☮☯☀☁☂☃☄☎☏☽☾☿♀♁♂∞♃♄♅♆♇U♨☘☙☸♔♕♖♗♘♜♝♞♟♚♛♙ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ℡ ™ ⌒ № ← ↑ → ↓ ⇒⇔ 丁 三 仚 兄 六口 回 巛 彡凸 日旧 杏 毋 毌 目 笠笘 凹 Ω ‐ – — ―‗ ‘ ’ ‚ ‛ “ ” „ Have fun with it!

Archived