(Theoretically) What new playable race do you want?

Fenom.9457

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Cuddy.6247 said:Djinn since mursaat are off the table.

Theoretically of course. I don't expect any new races. I also don't expect new weapon types...ever.

I don't expect new weapons types beforehand expansion 5, if that soon. But considering the game is really looking like a decades long thing like WoW and a few other mmos, they'll have to eventually

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"Cuddy.6247" said:Djinn since mursaat are off the table.

Theoretically of course. I don't expect any new races. I also don't expect new weapon types...ever.

I don't expect new weapons types beforehand expansion 5, if that soon. But considering the game is really looking like a decades long thing like WoW and a few other mmos, they'll have to eventually

I don't see why. Elite specs open the door to rework weapon skills and there's no rule against reusing weapons. The process can continue for as long as they have ideas. Races...tonics. Weapon types...weapon skins. Still, way better than WoW's recent releases which featured "new races" that were just paint jobs of the old ones. At least GW2 has the integrity of being unique with many of their designs even if it does feel like it comes out at a glacial pace at times.

Probably why we won't see many weapon types or races.

With that said, I really want ANet to put some effort into more combat tonics. The Awakened Archer and Kodan are two of my favourite to run around with when I'm feeling in the mood to change it up. Could also have djinn, dwarf or tengu tonics. Could also take it a step further with a mursaat, forgotten or seer tonic in the future. Then they mostly just need to make a handful of animations instead of trying to build an entire functioning race.

@Embered.5089 said:

@Embered.5089 said:Kodan kodan kodan kodan kodan kodan kodan kodan kodan.I'm a charr right now. I think I just like furry predatory beasts.

Kodans are not predators.

This is why I wish Kodans were playable. They're so "zen".

They're polar bears ~.^ that's predatory enough for me!

I guess you were never gifted a soda from one.Or an Icee.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Embered.5089 said:Kodan kodan kodan kodan kodan kodan kodan kodan kodan.I'm a charr right now. I think I just like furry predatory beasts.

Gimme.

@Embered.5089 said:

Gimme.

Now I want an icee

• 3 months later...

TENGU!!! Always wanted a bird race to play in a mmo since the Rito of Zelda.

!Also it could really fit since they are still thinking about their future alliances (so i have read).>!
It Would be cool to get 2 new races next expansion that you can only unlock after getting the mastery for it. Instead of mounts; hero races (which will start at 80 perhaps?) you need to master their lore, language, culture etc to unlock them in your character creation screen. :)

Jotun

Story-wise you could have a long-lost Jotun settlement with surviving Jotun who somehow weren’t affected by the fall of their species being recently discovered by Priory/Pact explorers. Upon hearing of the tragic fate of the rest of their species, and the threat of the dragons, the playable Jotun decide to leave and join the rest of Tyria in fighting back.

I’ve always been fascinated by the Jotun and their history (as well as their connection/relation to the Norns) and I would love to see how they were pre-fall. Personally, due to their relation with the Norns, I believe they looked far less monstrous and more noble indeed.