Please fix game balance

Brujeria.7536

@lodjur.1284 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:
  1. Not using PvP build system. As long as people can min-max parts and use Ascended, ANet will never be able to balance the mode. I have said for a long time that WvW needs the PvP build system, with the differences of allowing ALL stat combos, runes, and sigils, and that your infusion slots should still give that bonus (so there is a reason in WvW to work toward the Ascended stuff you can get there, and not invalidate all the people that already did it).

Another advantage to the PvP build system to WvW would be lowering the entry bars to new players, as short of Ascended infusions, they would be on the same level as everyone else. Then it's skill, not just being short statted on builds for newer players.

Amulet system would imo completely kill WvW, me and basically everyone I know would instantly quit the game if this happened.

It would fix none of the issues you mention, the highest damage builds already only use 1 statcombo (Berserker) (sometimes with 2-4 pieces of marauder but not necessarily) which you can use with the amulet system. Burst would be even more dominant than it is now.

Getting ascended armor is already fairly easy, with trinkets being the only annoying parts to get as a new player.> @Shining One.1635 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Sure! Start with ranger, work your way to other classes as wellWhy start with one? Nerf them all at once.I think there needs to be more sacrifice in build choices. You shouldn't be able to have high survivability, high mobility, and high damage all in one build.

But, but, but I thought thief/ranger/mirage in zerker was glass cannon /sarcasm

With regards to thief, was a good class with strong burst,great mobility compensating for its low hp/sustain, cuz its architecture and mechanics to deal damage was annoying to other players that didn’t play thief and didn’t want to take time to learn how to exploit its many weaknesses arenanet tried to appease the community by nurfing its burst, than the complaint was it could reset so mobility was handed out like candy to other professions so now thief hits with mediocre damage,not that far ahead in mobility and has lowest hp/sustain which makes them still good? WhAt? Lol and DE made all this even worse. As long as thief does what it’s soposed to do as a thief it’s playstyles will annoy non thief players,they will cry and it will get further useless over time

It's still top-tier for smallscale roaming, if it isn't for you then that's a l2p issue. Thief has very few weaknesses, if you play thief in WvW you can basically only die to other thieves, mesmers and rangers. On basically any other class even if you predict the thief basically perfectly the best you can hope for is a draw as no thief ever engages you w/o having at least 2 900+ range teleports ready to disengage. Thief's damage is still top tier, Vault, DJ and Backstab all hit in the 10-30k range depending on the target. Their mobility is still top tier (permanent swiftness, shortbow/rifle, shadowstep, steal etc). Their stealth access is still some of the best in the game.

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:To get those 10k LB AA, Ranger does need "some skill" to play. You are running a full Zerker Ranger that is glass and will die if the wind blows on it. Not to mention you also have to time everything right to get all the bonuses needed to do that all while hoping your opponent doesn't see you first and dodge, reflect, retal, invuln, evade, or stealth. What you are talking about mostly is luck. Most Rangers get lucky to hit somebody with that much damage. So either that Ranger had some really good luck or you had some really bad luck at the time of that hit. In that case, feelsbadman. Ranger has been the redheaded stepchild of WvW for the longest time. I'm glad that it has a small place now in WvW. Would like to see it's role increase more though to be honest.

Your defense is that you have 1.5k-2.5k range (depending on terrain). Your defense is that you have greater mobility than 2/3rd of the classes in WvW.

Reflect is easily countered by call of the wild which is part of the burst combo, or unstoppable lion.

Retal does at most like 400/hit, that's nothing by comparison to what the ranger is dishing out (full rapid fire then hits you for 4k while your target is dead)

Sic' em counters stealth.

Dodge and Invuln applies as counters to all classes, if people use them against your burst as ranger just reset and try again.

1-shot builds/similar are terrible for WvW. They create no interesting encounters, most of the time you either

+1 and instantly end the fight (ruining their fight w/o any meaningful interaction from either side)

Hit someone who is semi-afk and kill them before they can react (no meaningful interaction from either side). This also has the added benefit of making roaming way more annoying because if you lose focus for a split second while running around looking for fights (something already annoying) you might just die out of nowhere, great mechanic.

Fail and reset the fight, somehow the most interesting scenario, yet still incredibly dull for everyone involved as they either play Mesmer/Thief/Ranger and can chase you down and kill you (cause you used CDs, so basically not a real fight) or they don't and therefore can literally do nothing about the scenario.

Top tier? Not for me because I think it’s underperforming? Tell that to all the top thief players that are vocal on the forums and on their channels about the bad state of core/DD but gues u must simply be the best lol

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve spent more time on thief than any of my alts and I can tell u other roam such as ranger and mirage and these days holo do a better job at roaming and are far better duelers aswell,as I play them often aswell. Ranger,mirage make better +1 and decaps,can hold a cap etc thief fails in zergs and don’t say the DD jumping around like a monkey in the middle of Zerg is viable, a true testament to how poor thief is doing is people resort to perma stealth DE to get kills these days and as long as non thief players keep whining there’s gonna be more DE players useing more cheese tactics and the cycle will continue until just no one plays thief at all and that’s healthy for the game lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I’ve spent more time on thief than any of my alts and I can tell u other roam such as ranger and mirage and these days holo do a better job at roaming and are far better duelers aswell,as I play them often aswell. Ranger,mirage make better +1 and decaps,can hold a cap etc thief fails in zergs and don’t say the DD jumping around like a monkey in the middle of Zerg is viable, a true testament to how poor thief is doing is people resort to perma stealth DE to get kills these days and as long as non thief players keep whining there’s gonna be more DE players useing more cheese tactics and the cycle will continue until just no one plays thief at all and that’s healthy for the game lol

you are doing it again. thief is : core, daredevil and deadeye. if deadeye does perform well in roaming, so does thief. i mean you also talk about mirage and not core mesmer , do you have an issue with the performance of core ranger? core engi?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:
  1. Not using PvP build system. As long as people can min-max parts and use Ascended, ANet will never be able to balance the mode. I have said for a long time that WvW needs the PvP build system, with the differences of allowing ALL stat combos, runes, and sigils, and that your infusion slots should still give that bonus (so there is a reason in WvW to work toward the Ascended stuff you can get there, and not invalidate all the people that already did it).

Another advantage to the PvP build system to WvW would be lowering the entry bars to new players, as short of Ascended infusions, they would be on the same level as everyone else. Then it's skill, not just being short statted on builds for newer players.

Amulet system would imo completely kill WvW, me and basically everyone I know would instantly quit the game if this happened.

It would fix none of the issues you mention, the highest damage builds already only use 1 statcombo (Berserker) (sometimes with 2-4 pieces of marauder but not necessarily) which you can use with the amulet system. Burst would be even more dominant than it is now.

Getting ascended armor is already fairly easy, with trinkets being the only annoying parts to get as a new player.> @Shining One.1635 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Sure! Start with ranger, work your way to other classes as wellWhy start with one? Nerf them all at once.I think there needs to be more sacrifice in build choices. You shouldn't be able to have high survivability, high mobility, and high damage all in one build.

With regards to thief, was a good class with strong burst,great mobility compensating for its low hp/sustain, cuz its architecture and mechanics to deal damage was annoying to other players that didn’t play thief and didn’t want to take time to learn how to exploit its many weaknesses arenanet tried to appease the community by nurfing its burst, than the complaint was it could reset so mobility was handed out like candy to other professions so now thief hits with mediocre damage,not that far ahead in mobility and has lowest hp/sustain which makes them still good? WhAt? Lol and DE made all this even worse. As long as thief does what it’s soposed to do as a thief it’s playstyles will annoy non thief players,they will cry and it will get further useless over time

It's still top-tier for smallscale roaming, if it isn't for you then that's a l2p issue. Thief has very few weaknesses, if you play thief in WvW you can basically only die to other thieves, mesmers and rangers. On basically any other class even if you predict the thief basically perfectly the best you can hope for is a draw as no thief ever engages you w/o having at least 2 900+ range teleports ready to disengage. Thief's damage is still top tier, Vault, DJ and Backstab all hit in the 10-30k range depending on the target. Their mobility is still top tier (permanent swiftness, shortbow/rifle, shadowstep, steal etc). Their stealth access is still some of the best in the game.

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:To get those 10k LB AA, Ranger does need "some skill" to play. You are running a full Zerker Ranger that is glass and will die if the wind blows on it. Not to mention you also have to time everything right to get all the bonuses needed to do that all while hoping your opponent doesn't see you first and dodge, reflect, retal, invuln, evade, or stealth. What you are talking about mostly is luck. Most Rangers get lucky to hit somebody with that much damage. So either that Ranger had some really good luck or you had some really bad luck at the time of that hit. In that case, feelsbadman. Ranger has been the redheaded stepchild of WvW for the longest time. I'm glad that it has a small place now in WvW. Would like to see it's role increase more though to be honest.

Your defense is that you have 1.5k-2.5k range (depending on terrain). Your defense is that you have greater mobility than 2/3rd of the classes in WvW.

Reflect is easily countered by call of the wild which is part of the burst combo, or unstoppable lion.

Retal does at most like 400/hit, that's nothing by comparison to what the ranger is dishing out (full rapid fire then hits you for 4k while your target is dead)

Dodge and Invuln applies as counters to all classes, if people use them against your burst as ranger just reset and try again.

1-shot builds/similar are terrible for WvW. They create no interesting encounters, most of the time you either

+1 and instantly end the fight (ruining their fight w/o any meaningful interaction from either side)

Hit someone who is semi-afk and kill them before they can react (no meaningful interaction from either side). This also has the added benefit of making roaming way more annoying because if you lose focus for a split second while running around looking for fights (something already annoying) you might just die out of nowhere, great mechanic.

Fail and reset the fight, somehow the most interesting scenario, yet still incredibly dull for everyone involved as they either play Mesmer/Thief/Ranger and can chase you down and kill you (cause you used CDs, so basically not a real fight) or they don't and therefore can literally do nothing about the scenario.

Top tier? Not for me because I think it’s underperforming? Tell that to all the top thief players that are vocal on the forums and on their channels about the bad state of core/DD but gues u must simply be the best lol

People want their main buffed and like saying that the class they play is weaker than it is to appear better, what else's new?

Go do some actual roaming in WvW and you will see the sheer quantity of thieves, certainly that must be in spite of thief being so "weak". But by all means do tell me what you're comparing thief to when you call it weak.

@lodjur.1284 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

People want their main buffed and like saying that the class they play is weaker than it is to appear better, what else's new?

Go do some actual roaming in WvW and you will see the sheer quantity of thieves, certainly that must be in spite of thief being so "weak". But by all means do tell me what you're comparing thief to when you call it weak.

I roam a lot on thief and I do see that it can’t 1v1 any other roaming spec even if the players is less competent example if a ranger or holo dies to a thief while roaming they either got +1 or are bad,mirage can have a tough time if the players not good. yeah DE does use a gimmicky build permastealth to get kills so if u don’t wanna use that than u should just move on? The other specs should lose out on viability because of Deadeyes success with its gimmick build? Watch noody’s Video on thief state called make thief great again. Most thief players share those opinions for a reason. And MUd I see u posting on multiple forums stating thief is in a good spot and or needs more nurfs lol as I’m sure they play slot of thief themselves lol

Anyway thief core and DD are not in a good spot,and stating the class is as a whole because one spec is viable using permastealth gimmick is not a valid. Most of the high ranking thief players have left and its not because thief is in a good spot, some seemed like they maybe returning but now have ghosted them game again. Anyway I’ve already moved on to diff class for the little time I play these days lol so not really caring to much just wanted to see a once good class come back but not gonna happen. Everyone blames arenet for the games bad state and reading through the forums for all the different professions it’s definitely not all on erenanet lol,they really shouldn’t be listening to any of us lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

I roam a lot on thief and I do see that it can’t 1v1 any other roaming spec even if the players is less competent example if a ranger or holo dies to a thief while roaming they either got +1 or are bad,mirage can have a tough time if the players not good. yeah DE does use a gimmicky build permastealth to get kills so if u don’t wanna use that than u should just move on? The other specs should lose out on viability because of Deadeyes success with its gimmick build? Watch noody’s Video on thief state called make thief great again. Most thief players share those opinions for a reason. And MUd I see u posting on multiple forums stating thief is in a good spot and or needs more nurfs lol as I’m sure they play slot of thief themselves lol

Holosmith is great vs bad thieves (cause almost 1shot+reveal) but overall in a pretty meh spot for roaming.

Ranger depends on build of both players, typical pewpew lb ranger can be beaten by thief reasonably even if it isn't very favorable.

DD (and s/d core) and DE are in fairly similar spots when it comes to power level and which one is more annoying to fight depends on what class you play. All three of them are incredibly linear builds that play very similarly (with DE having range at the cost of less (yet still top tier) mobility).

Please don't refer to info videos, the format is so terrible for information and is way too much effort, nevermind having to somehow figure out who this person is and if he is full of kitten or not.

Idk why you think one of the most rabid thief defenders I've seen wouldn't play the class themselves lol.

Also could you please format your posts, this was barely readable.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I apologize for bad format as I wrote it quick while I was watching tv with the gf and wasn’t really paying attention lol and I also apologize for mentioning MUd in the post,I went back through posts and I had mistaken him for another poster

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I just stated noody’s video was informative and made solid points and feel he put a lot of thought into the video, did not know it was in bad taste as he seemed knowledgeable about the game

No hard feelings about lack of format, just pointing it out cause it gets cumbersome to read walls of text.

Bad taste might be a bit strong, but imo videos are a very poor way of giving information compared to text.

I think the point that In arenet’s attempts to reign in DE they have also negatively impacted core and DD when it was not needed. Over the last few years thief has received numerous un warranted nurfs that seemed to be in response to the community complaints. Those complaints seem to be from a place of discontent on the thief’s playstyle not so much on specific traits being op,though some were. Theif backstab does to much damage,heart seeker does too much damage,they have too much mobility etc but is theif not soposed to use quick burst to down its opponent? If not than why is thief’s hp/sustain so low? Doesn’t it rely on mobility to avoid damage due to the fact it can’t take much damage? So if the burst and mobility gets nurfed all the while mobility,sustain and damage is buffed on other classes where does that leave thief?so for how glassy thief is thief’s burst damage is fine on core? It’s mobility is far ahead of other classes given its damage and hp? I gues I’m wrong in thinking it isn’t and I won’t waste anymore time posting regarding it. Again wrote this quick so sry for format,typo’s and hopefully it’s somewhat legible lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I apologize for bad format as I wrote it quick while I was watching tv with the gf and wasn’t really paying attention lol and I also apologize for mentioning MUd in the post,I went back through posts and I had mistaken him for another poster

dont worry i generally do not ask for nerfs or buffs, only when confronted with a suggestion i might try to find a comproise between that one and what i want to be able to do. thats why i mostly comment on thief related posts instead of builds that could give me trouble in any situation.

and dont get me wrong i do not intent to comment on core/DD performance in current game as i havent played them enough recently to do so. yet when you talk about thief, that includes my DE aswell and i feel far from weak with it. considering that i am one of those stealth heavy deadeyes that spent more time inside enemy keeps/towers than outside, i bet i did contribute my share to the recent mark changes. however they only reduced the amount of opportunities i have to ruin my opponents day, they do not prevent me from doing so. i, like you have reduced my WvW playtime recently alot but not because i feel too weak, but because i get bored, my opponents often dont even try to fight or they constantly try the very same, no improvement. you can basically feel their lack of fun, but for good pvp you also need an opponent that tries to beat you. so atm i spent more time working on my fashion wars and helping new players in PvE, but i could aswell just hop into WvW and ruin a poor souls day.

so yeah its just a communication issue with you. you often use the term 'thief' , while exluding in your mind the DE. just be more specific and you will have a good chance that i wont comment on it :3

@MUDse.7623 said:

dont worry i generally do not ask for nerfs or buffs, only when confronted with a suggestion i might try to find a comproise between that one and what i want to be able to do. thats why i mostly comment on thief related posts instead of builds that could give me trouble in any situation.

and dont get me wrong i do not intent to comment on core/DD performance in current game as i havent played them enough recently to do so. yet when you talk about thief, that includes my DE aswell and i feel far from weak with it. considering that i am one of those stealth heavy deadeyes that spent more time inside enemy keeps/towers than outside, i bet i did contribute my share to the recent mark changes. however they only reduced the amount of opportunities i have to ruin my opponents day, they do not prevent me from doing so. i, like you have reduced my WvW playtime recently alot but not because i feel too weak, but because i get bored, my opponents often dont even try to fight or they constantly try the very same, no improvement. so atm i spent more time working on my fashion wars and helping new players in PvE, but i could aswell just hop into WvW and ruin a poor souls day.

so yeah its just a communication issue with you. you often use the term 'thief' , while exluding in your mind the DE. just be more specific and you will have a good chance that i wont comment on it :3

Lol u are 100% right, it’s not the first time i have made comments regarding thief’s current state forgeting to state in the post I’m referring to core/DD. DE is definitely strong and is effective, but because of its mechanics it’s contantly attacked and nurfs are always what’s being asked for and because those mechanics are heavily reliant on stealth,positioning and burst damage it probably won’t stop because those are anoying mechanics for opponents to fight against,even though they make sense as far as thief profession goes

I tried DE and it’s not as easy as I thought I’d be through reading post lol I’m used to the mobility of core s/d or dd builds. The stealth aspect allowed me to rifle burst unsuspecting opponents but the kneeling aspect locking u in place got me killed quite a few times lol. You definitely have to know how to escape on DE if ur busy fails. I stick up for thieves a lot yet I play core guard,ranger and some necro more than I do thief,though 1st year I played only thief. As far as the community is concerned where’s guard sitting? Lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I tried DE and it’s not as easy as I thought I’d be through reading post lol I’m used to the mobility of core s/d or dd builds. The stealth aspect allowed me to rifle burst unsuspecting opponents but the kneeling aspect locking u in place got me killed quite a few times lol. You definitely have to know how to escape on DE if ur busy fails. I stick up for thieves a lot yet I play core guard,ranger and some necro more than I do thief,though 1st year I played only thief. As far as the community is concerned where’s guard sitting? LolWhen you start judging classes by how you play them any sort of argument on balance falls apart.

I have seen the really bad, the mediocre, the good and the insane fight me across all classes. Thats how I judge them. If I slap around 9 out 10 thieves like babies but then meet a thief that is basicly immortal and kills everything in sight, I'm not going to judge the thief by those 9. I'm going to judge the thief by that 1, because that shows the potential of the class. How good I play the thief is irrelevant (hint: I'm one of the 9).

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I tried DE and it’s not as easy as I thought I’d be through reading post lol I’m used to the mobility of core s/d or dd builds. The stealth aspect allowed me to rifle burst unsuspecting opponents but the kneeling aspect locking u in place got me killed quite a few times lol. You definitely have to know how to escape on DE if ur busy fails. I stick up for thieves a lot yet I play core guard,ranger and some necro more than I do thief,though 1st year I played only thief. As far as the community is concerned where’s guard sitting? LolWhen you start judging classes by
how you play them
any sort of argument on balance falls apart.

I have seen the really bad, the mediocre, the good and the insane fight me across all classes. Thats how I judge them. If I slap around 9 out 10 thieves like babies but then meet a thief that is basicly immortal and kills everything in sight, I'm not going to judge the thief by those 9. I'm going to judge the thief by that 1, because that shows the potential of the class. How good
I
play the thief is irrelevant (hint: I'm one of the 9).True but the problem with judging a class on its potential and not how well a average player can perform on it is that some players can out play others while using a blatantly weaker class due to skill and knowledge of the game. I’m sure there’s a point where a class is so weak that even askilled player can’t carry it. On the other hand if a class is only known to be effective in very skilled hands comparative to how effective other classes are in only average players,are thief on par? If ranger was known to only be effective with players of high skill and or 9 outa 10 people were not skilled enough to be effective but that one player being very highly skilled and knowledgeable was able to be effective with the ranger would you say it’s balanced in line with the rest of the classes. I wouldnt

I’ve been playing 3 yrs now and as of late I see very few thieves win duels out right, usually +1,picking off players low on hp and or stealth range bursting them lol if I clas has to burst opponents that are already in a fight and or range burst are they really effective? Or is the player knowing the thief is at a disadvantage unless it uses a tactic as such? Although maybe I’m just not a good enough theif to 1v1 a ranger,holo,guard,rev,warrior etc,though new mirage players and necros seem like decent match ups. Also why are their so many complaints about thieves resetting? Isn’t that because if they don’t their dead? Is there so many resets warranting these complaints because all thief’s are bad at fighting anything that’s not half dead?maybe the reason their considered a +1 decap in pvp not because they have to use strategy like attacking players already dueling or that are already almost in down state but because all players are just bad a thieves like me lol. Definitely could be the case

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:I’ve been playing 3 yrs now and as of late I see very few thieves win duels out right, usually +1,picking off players low on hp and or stealth range bursting them lol if I clas has to burst opponents that are already in a fight and or range burst are they really effective? Or is the player knowing the thief is at a disadvantage unless it uses a tactic as such? Although maybe I’m just not a good enough theif to 1v1 a ranger,holo,guard,rev,warrior etc,though new mirage players and necros seem like decent match ups. Also why are their so many complaints about thieves resetting? Isn’t that because if they don’t their dead? Is there so many resets warranting these complaints because all thief’s are bad at fighting anything that’s not half dead?maybe the reason their considered a +1 decap in pvp not because they have to use strategy like attacking players already dueling or that are already almost in down state but because all players are just bad a thieves like me lol. Definitely could be the caseSo thief isnt the best 1v1 for the average player... whats that kind of a benchmark you arbitrarily set? Is it supposed to be? Is there some sort of unknown golden rule that says "thief has to be best at everything"?

Its real simple: This is an RPG and as such the classes have different pros and cons. They are not created equal, this isnt an FPS. A good thief can most definetly still roflstomp ANY class 1v1 but it doesnt mean they automatically do it just by being handed a thief. They are great for +1 yes. That's one of the definite pros. Stealth can be annoying as all fuck but in terms of manpower value... they're really not better or worse than anyone else. I'd rather have a good non-stealth 1v1 master-race warrior next to me than a bad thief stealthing all over the place doing nothing or instantly killing himself on reflect. But I would also rather have a good thief that knows how to +1 than a bad warrior that stands clueless in fire.

The same thing apply to all classes, they have their uses. 1v1 performance only from your perspective isnt the benchmark to set. If it was, we'd have tons of people coming to complain on the forum about classes being weak when they are blatantly not weak. Wait a second...

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@"losingcontrol.1084" said:If you get hit by a 10k ranger auto you play with under 2k armor.

What profession are you playing? Necro?

Even with full trailblazer on a necro you can get above 8k hits from a SB (or many other classes)

I'm saying this with 5 years of experience as a full zerk Ranger; You do not hit 10k Long Range Shots, or even 8k, without using a dedicated build. Meaning taking all traits/utilities/food, etc. that modify your damage. Which also means you're going to have very little defenses, if any. Stone Signet passive and a couple evades are pretty much it. It's effective at killing the unprepared but after 3 seconds of damage immunity below 50% health it's a free kill. It's true if they catch you in an open field closing the gap is easier said than done, but welcome to WvW. If you're not constantly looking behind you or if you're not willing to abuse terrain for cover you're not gonna have a good time.

This isn't to say that I don't agree with damage being too high. I'm just trying to inject some knowledge in to this blame game because I'm tired of people citing 10k Long Range Shots like it's something you get for free just by slotting Soulbeast with a Longbow.

5years of experience doesn't mean you're good at the game. But I can't judge this. Just a general statement.

10k long-range shots is a serious problem."I have to go full zerker and have all dmg boost abilities equipped"Is no excuse for 10k op shots.If you still die from 1500 range, you are just bad. Ranger has a lot of mobility, even on these "oneshot" builds.Just play sword or greatsword in other weapon set.But 10k autoattacks, even if it's 5k is just too much.There's no class that has such a long-range teleport, to pressure you hard enough. As soon as the enemy gets into 1200 range you can run away, if the enemy isn't dead till then because of op-unblockable autos. Not to mention rapid fire.

Also ranger can have high boonuptime and insane sustain. As well as high mobility and blocks or invulns.

I played together with a friend of mine, and we went to troll enemy zergs by oneshotting their commanders.

Same goes for 4 other specs right now. Coreguard is still op as hell, as well as thief (deadeye and daredevil) and mirage.

Mirage having access to 3 times high burst. So even if you dodge the first greatsword spike, he uses his first shatter, then the second one if you managed to evade the first one.

Deadeye onehitting people for over 17k out of stealth -> no counterplay available

Guard having insane burst as well as high sustain (blocks) with high mobility. Being able to burst hell a lot.

And daredevil playing permaevade/ teleport with still pretty high dmg.I played it yesterday. Just made a pretty shitty build with sword/pistol + shortbow. Valkyrie+zerker mix.And I managed to kill the first three people I met while roaming (holo, ele, warrior). While having only 15hours if playtime on my thief.So am I just very good at the game and at thief or did I get carried by an op spec?

To make it clear, yes I'm necro main. And I nearly only play necro and nothing else.But why do things like chilling move get nerfed hard, while super op things are still in the game?Take reaper as example: sure it has high damage, but it's slow as f... And doesn't have any sustain or blocks/invulns. If you get killed by a reaper, you know you missplayed or you are just bad at the game.

You mentioned necro being a Teamfighter. So if necro + firebrand run around and the enemy team is... Let's say ranger and thief. What do you thing, which team wins the fight?

Most likely not necro+ firebrand.

Wvw needs a huge dmg and heal nerf. So it gets more to the point, where skill matters.Right now it's oneshot, or getting oneshot.

Even zergs work that way. Pretty annoying to play especially when you are on an underpopulated server, that got it's link taken away. While even with the link not having enough people to compete with other servers.

The fun fact about that necro mention is:

• when Necro plays with full berserker or even mixed in valkyrie/marauder the damage is way below that from thief, guardian, ranger, etc.
  • you are way more squishy by having no access to invul, mobility or stealth
  • you are a glass cannon, above mentioned roaming classes aren't

@gebrechen.5643 said:The fun fact about that necro mention is:

• when Necro plays with full berserker or even mixed in valkyrie/marauder the damage is way below that from thief, guardian, ranger, etc.
  • you are a glass cannon, above mentioned roaming classes aren'tAnd the fun fact is that people keep forgetting that the necro has 2-3x the eqvivalent hitpoints of other glass cannons and can pretty much instakill them in return. It may not be the best 1v1 but it's so dangerous in smallscale it's literally the first target - we dont pick on them for their lesser mobility, we pick on them because if you down something else and you're gonna get roflstomped by the necro trying to actually kill them.

And it still utterly dominates AoE zerging far, far more than any thief, guardian or ranger dominate roaming.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"gebrechen.5643" said:The fun fact about that necro mention is:
  • you are a glass cannon, above mentioned roaming classes aren'tAnd the fun fact is that people keep forgetting that the necro has 2-3x the eqvivalent hitpoints of other glass cannons and can pretty much instakill them in return. It may not be the best 1v1 but it's so dangerous in smallscale it's literally the first target - we dont pick on them for their lesser mobility, we pick on them because if you down something else and you're gonna get roflstomped by the necro trying to actually kill them.

And it still utterly dominates AoE zerging far, far more than any thief, guardian or ranger dominate roaming.

The small scale part is not true TBH.You don't down a necro first because the necro is going to rolfstomp you if you leave him alone - which although true if the necro is glass-cannon, applies to every other glass-cannon class.Any class that is high damage has a chance to rolfstomp you if you leave him alone.

The reason why you target a necro first in a small scale is because despite having 2-3 times the HP pool of other classes, that is ALL that a necro has.He has limited mobility, limited stability and sub-par damage mitigation.Necro can't get out of any hard-focus easily.

And how much damage are classes doing now?A TON OF DAMAGE.2-3 times HP pool is NOTHING when you get hard-focused by a few players.

The truth is, the time you take to hard-focus and take out a necro's HP pool is WAY FASTER than the time you're going to take out say, a Mirage with invis, blinks, invulnerables, evades etc.

If you don't believe me, watch this video I made to make fun of myself as a necro and show how ridiculously useless a necro is in small scale without a guardian babysitter.Hard-focused by some of the best roamers active in the game and you know why?They were having a hard time killing the other mirages fighting them.Necro? Sitting duck.Hard focus = fast kill.I was even built to survive with high damage mitigation, condi management and as decent a healing as a necro might get without being totally useless damage/corrupt boons-wise.

I actually fought the QQ group again the next day without depending on a tower, and I actually survived and won with another random pug group I was with even when hard-focused.You know why? Because a skilled top GvG guild firebrand was healing the puppy out of me the whole time I was focused.

I am almost at the stage where I think that a Necro needs to go full Minstrel to survive small scale on his own without a babysitter guardian. All the Necro should do is boon corrupt all day and try to sustain himself with Minstrel. And even then, I doubt Necros will survive longer than other classes when hard-focused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ZE4lki7nw

When I see a Necro I down it first because I know it's the biggest threat. And you can thank the big zergs for that. After witnessing all the red carpets of death that Necros put down that just melts everything in its path, I just naturally try to seek those out first and eliminate them to try to keep that red carpet of death down to a minimum. I have yet to encounter a solo necro trying to roam. Every time I encounter them it's in groups with FB and Spellbreaker thrown in to make sure this small group of 5-10 can capture the camp and then go take the tower next to it.

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:When I see a Necro I down it first because I know it's the biggest threat. And you can thank the big zergs for that. After witnessing all the red carpets of death that Necros put down that just melts everything in its path, I just naturally try to seek those out first and eliminate them to try to keep that red carpet of death down to a minimum. I have yet to encounter a solo necro trying to roam. Every time I encounter them it's in groups with FB and Spellbreaker thrown in to make sure this small group of 5-10 can capture the camp and then go take the tower next to it.

Nah. Roaming scourges are a joke. And if they exist in small groups, theyre not really much of a threat, either. Reaper are far more dangerous. And those Red circles of aoe are a scourge thing. Reaper roamer has none of those. You target the scourge cause its the weakest among all others in the group (good luck pinning down a spellbreaker, a soulbeast, a holo, a firebrand, a core guard, a core warr or a thief). Everyone tries to focus the weakest of all, to down it, and make ppl try to hardres and bomb. Any class built for high damage is a threat if you leave it alone, as someone before me has said. Scourge just has NO passive invulns, like holo or warr or ranger, so its the easiest to kill.

Archived