Serpent's Ire Discussion [Merged]

Jeknar.6184

The breakbars are fine as-is. Nerfing them would just encourage players to keep doing what they have collectively not been doing: using CC. A better route, in my opinion, would be to reduce the buff each boss gives down to 25%. It’ll alleviate the issue with the breakbars not being broken at the same time and more damage would then be done to the bosses.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Zem.4139 said:Why anet don't make Serpent Ire in Vabbi possible ? after 1years......It is possible. The first three times I tried were spontaneous PUG squads. Two succeeded; one failed. Since then, I've participated in organized and ad hoc groups, most of which have succeeded.

every player on gw2 complain about this meta from the start of POF ( on Reddit , and on Gw2 forum ) .Not all that many people complain, not even that many of those in those two forums.

the reward of this meta is just sarcasmThe value of the intact mosaics is a lot higher now than a year ago. However, the total value of the event isn't commensurate with similar metas that require the same level of organization or time. I would support changing the reward structure.

Comparable metas in my opinion are death-branded shattererererrer (lesser value base rewards, but chance of a shiny infusion), Tequatl (four substantive chests, with a low but measurable chance of ascended with a unique skin).

, and the difficult is just insane...It's actually not that hard, it's just that most people don't know what to do, which results in failing mechanics. That's precisely the same as Tequatl, if people didn't know how to e.g. stomp grub holes or defend the turrets. (Which used to happen often when the event was new.) The difference is that Tequatl has a substantive enough reward that enough people are inclined to do it daily, whereas SI is lower yield for the effort.

no one do it anymore ,Untrue. I haven't found it hard to find a group if I'm inclined (again, the issue is that I don't have any real reason to bother with it).

basically this^^

Event works as intended, rewards could be better balanced to the effort it takes.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to do this meta event for the Redeeming IG-6417 backpack with no success, ether there is no people doing the event at all or the event it self is to hard to do, I have also notice that there is nothing that attract people to do this meta event other then the back piece, if I ever get to kill this boss and get done with my achievement I will most likely never do this boss again and that itself is a big problem for those who comes after me. Something I severely wrong with this event

It just needs more appealing rewards to make it feel worth spending the 20+ min doing.

I’ve also long argued that if any adjustments were to be made, reducing the buff that each boss gives down to 25% from 33% should be more than enough.

There are guilds, and other players, that organize runs during the week. Check with TTS if you’re on NA or GW2Community if on EU. The best time to go for this is the spawn right after daily reset.

There are guilds, and other players, that organize runs during the week. Check with TTS if you’re on NA or GW2Community if on EU. The best time to go for this is the spawn right after daily reset.

Yes I am aware of that but even if I get into those groups and actually kills the boss the problem is stil there it is the same concept as taking drugs for psychological problemswhen the effect wears off the problem is stil there

@lompa.1348 said:

Yes I am aware of that but even if I get into those groups and actually kills the boss the problem is stil there it is the same concept as taking drugs for psychological problemswhen the effect wears off the problem is stil there

It’d be no different than if the collection were tied behind Teq or Triple Wurm other than the frequency of people doing them. The earlier part of my post that you didn’t quote would address the issues you just mentioned.

@"kharmin.7683" said:Please use the forums search feature. There already exists a mega thread for this topic.

Mega threads don't help. They consolidate things so they can be easily buried when no one wants to deal with them. I should now since I've been part of threads on this issue since launch and they have all managed to get buried without a single thing being done to address the continuing issue.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:Please use the forums search feature. There already exists a
for this topic.

Mega threads don't help. They consolidate things so they can be easily buried when no one wants to deal with them. I should now since I've been part of threads on this issue since launch and they have all managed to get buried without a single thing being done to address the continuing issue.

Perhaps because Anet doesn’t find it to be an issue.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Perhaps it hasn't been addressed because ANet doesn't see a problem.

We are the customers. If we see enough of a problem to post LITERALLY dozens of threads over the span of more than a year, there is a problem.

People have done the same about legendaries requiring WvW. Does that mean that there’s a problem? Whether there’s a problem with something in this games rests solely on those having issues with it. This doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong (or right) with it has that is based on our own personal preferences. The determination as to whether it’s best for the game is made by Anet and their move to not do anything shows that they don’t see it as an issue at this time. Of course they’re always free to give their official stance on the current version of the meta.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:Please use the forums search feature. There already exists a
for this topic.

Perhaps because Anet doesn’t find it to be an issue.

Well they are the ones that gave it the lackluster rewards. Obviously they thought it was enough for the effort required ...

The thing is that I actually like this boss and wish to do the meta event more then just for this achievement, maybe better reward? make it less difficult? I dont know but make it more attractive to players! and the same could be said for more then just this meta/event

Just a few days ago I spontaneously saw it organized and dropped by. I was together with a Chrono and we duo'd the Zealots in the second phase without a problem, while the others killed off one by one and eventually joined us. I asked in chat why this was considered difficult again.

But yeah, you're screwed if you don't happen upon these groups naturally and your best bet is camping the Domain of Vabbi tab

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It just needs more appealing rewards to make it feel worth spending the 20+ min doing.Yes, more people would do it if not for the rewards being paltry relative to how much time is required (including getting ready ahead of time).

There are guilds, and other players, that organize runs during the week. Check with TTS if you’re on NA or GW2Community if on EU. The best time to go for this is the spawn right after daily reset.Yes, there are some guilds that do it only on weekends, some that do it once per reset and only advertise in LFG.

Archived