We need more rewards.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:No, not a good idea. If you’re playing to get rewards you’re not playing for fun. Once people stop playing for fun they’re more likely to stop playing this game and go off and play another game that is fun (which is the real reward for playing).

Who says playing for fun is the only way to play? Its play your way, what's fun for me is treasure, why are you stifling my way of playing or fun for that matter?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

@Warkind.6745 said:Why do you keep making threads asking for free mount skins?

It's a suggestion, we need more substantial rewards, more gold, more legendaries more mounts more gems, anything that is exciting and makes it feel rewarding.

There is a difference between need and want. In your opinion, you want these things but there are those who disagree with the need for them.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Warkind.6745 said:Why do you keep making threads asking for free mount skins?

It's a suggestion, we need more substantial rewards, more gold, more legendaries more mounts more gems, anything that is exciting and makes it feel rewarding.

There is a difference between need and want. In your opinion, you want these things but there are those who disagree with the need for them.

Ok they can just say they disagree, and I disagree with them, I think the game needs more rewards, and I would also like more rewards.

@mauried.5608 said:Why is this obsession with rewards when playing an MMO.?Isnt playing the game reward enough.Why do players expect to be rewarded for everything they do?

Treasure is a main draw to these games, its not surprising that many people play solely for the loot.And many people play to RPAnd many people play to be socialAnd many people play to do JP for the fun of itAnd many .....

I could go on. You clearly WANT more rewards and that's fine but to say that GW2 NEEDS more rewards because of what you seem to believe is the majority opinion is simply not so.

. I feel like the new generation is used to this

Did you really just say that? So you mean the entitled I want something for nothing generation. Such and such has it so I want it. It's not fair generation. Is that the one you mean? Maybe you should just stick with your so called phone games.

@"mauried.5608" said:Why is this obsession with rewards when playing an MMO.?Isnt playing the game reward enough.Why do players expect to be rewarded for everything they do?

Treasure is a main draw to these games, its not surprising that many people play solely for the loot.

Well, hold on ... I didn't get into this game because I saw a big loot line up and think "Oh nice, sign me up". I don't think that's a unique approach to deciding to play an MMO either, since others I've played also don't use loot promotion to entice people to play it. The selling points of games I've played are primarily about the fun things you can do, not the pixels you get doing them.

Let me put it another way ... if the game rained awesome loot on you, but the play was crap ... would you play it? Like, what if there was NO play and you just got loot in your mailbox every day. Would you play that game? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't ... because you don't get into and commit to a game because of loot and skins, you play because it's fun. This is your third thread on similar topic; if you view is that rewards are what drives people to play MMO's, I'm not sure you get the average MMO player. Fun trumps loot any day. The only reason the loot is there is because admittedly, the fun drops off after a while and companies want to keep you engaged.

Fun makes you have a look and commit; loot makes you stay. The best part about the GW2 business is that you can buy loot ... which is more of an incentive to stay than anything else; I'm not spending $20 on something ingame if I'm not playing the game. On the other hand, if I have to farm content 20 times to get a reward ... I don't feel as badly if I stop at #18 and give up. Clearly, people that do MMOs value their money more than time ... Anet has this figured out.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:No, not a good idea. If you’re playing to get rewards you’re not playing for fun. Once people stop playing for fun they’re more likely to stop playing this game and go off and play another game that is fun (which is the real reward for playing).

Who says playing for fun is the only way to play? Its play your way, what's fun for me is treasure, why are you stifling my way of playing or fun for that matter?

So you don’t play for fun but play to get paid for pushing buttons on a screen? Doing something and getting paid for it is work, not play. Demanding to get paid for what you’re doing shows you don’t enjoy it enough to do it without the carrot dangling in front of your face.

Rewards are what a game hands out when they can’t make the content fun enough to do it without the reward. Now I’m not saying that all rewards are bad as there is no way for a game to be equally fun for everyone all the time, and rewards are useful to tempt people to step outside their comfort zone. But like the saying goes, all things in moderation. Excessive rewards is a game’s lazy way out of making content as it is substituting reward chasing for designing fun content. The problem is that once people get used to the rewards they start noticing they aren’t having fun and move on to another game, which means the game has to either increase the rewards to keep them or spend money getting more players.

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:Mobile games, especially gacha ones, should never become an industry standard! They're the biggest cancer on the gaming market today and I hope lootbox regulations destroy them all. Gacha games only feel rewarding if you don't think about what you're getting. Most of the time it's the equivalent of 3 blues and a green.

Theres loot boxes in gw2 that would be against your own interest. I'm in favor of loot boxes, parents should watch their children and stop intruding on my fun.

No, I'm rather interested in banishing lootboxes from GW2. Especially since ANet added exclusive account bound skins to them, so if you want them you're forced to gamble. Before that you could just opt out of the gambling by buying what you want from the tp.

"Oh, people are resisting our gambling mechanics and don't buy keys, let's find a way to force them into gambling!"... Pathetic!Belgium is the only country that handles this right.

@"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:I feel this game doesn't reward its players enough. When you play cell phone games, specifically gatcha games the amount of rewards they give out is insane

Gonna stop you right there. Gatcha games don't give out "rewards". They drip-feed the barest minimum currencies necessary to counterbalance the slot-machine core they built the veneer of gaming around. They allow their slot machines to continue being nominally "playable". It only feels like a big reward because the bars they set are so kitten high.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:Black lion key drops nerfed into oblivion, can only farm one per week now.

I just wanted to say that this is not true, you can farm more than one key a week, it just depends how much work you are willing put into it. It is only the Level 10 story key that can only be farmed once a week. If you rank your key farmer up to about level 35 before doing the story (with or without tomes) you will make the last five levels while playing the story and be able to get the level 40 key. Others actually get the level 60 key weekly. If you do some of your player ranking by doing map completions, you have a chance at more keys that way.
Some lucky keyfarmer characters have pulled in 5 keys in one week.

Like anyone else, I want more rewards, but realistically, it would never be enough. Human nature always wants more.

This. I spent about a week leveling up a char to 40 the old fashioned way and got 5 keys between the story and map completion.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

So you don’t play for fun but play to get paid for pushing buttons on a screen? Doing something and getting paid for it is work, not play. Demanding to get paid for what you’re doing shows you don’t enjoy it enough to do it without the carrot dangling in front of your face.

Rewards are what a game hands out when they can’t make the content fun enough to do it without the reward. Now I’m not saying that all rewards are bad as there is no way for a game to be equally fun for everyone all the time, and rewards are useful to tempt people to step outside their comfort zone. But like the saying goes, all things in moderation. Excessive rewards is a game’s lazy way out of making content as it is substituting reward chasing for designing fun content. The problem is that once people get used to the rewards they start noticing they aren’t having fun and move on to another game, which means the game has to either increase the rewards to keep them or spend money getting more players.

I find getting loot and treasure fun, as long as im working towards that it's fun. Doing things just to do them, just to play or interact isnt fun for me. The game gives out a lot of useless loot, there is nothing exciting given out, and we need more substantial impactful rewards that make players excited to play. Nobody is thrilled with endless greens and blues.

@yann.1946 said:

@yann.1946 said:What you're proposing won't solve the problem you're trying to address.

Uh yes getting more rewards would feel less disparaging compared to other games, when I jump back onto gw2

It won't because you would get used to those rewards (oh again a stupid mountskin).and you would be back where you started.

That's why you continuously make and give out new loot, that's what other games do lol? I dont get your point.

@Trise.2865 said:

@"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:I feel this game doesn't reward its players enough. When you play cell phone games, specifically gatcha games the amount of rewards they give out is insane

Gonna stop you right there. Gatcha games don't give out "rewards". They drip-feed the barest minimum currencies necessary to counterbalance the slot-machine core they built the veneer of gaming around. They allow their slot machines to continue being nominally "playable". It only feels like a big reward because the bars they set are so kitten high.

They give out quite a bit going onto a gatcha game for the first time it's pretty staggering the amount of rewards. It itches the treasure itch far more then gw2. When you log back into gw2, it feels lackluster and then it feels like the loot is boring and repetitive, and not exciting at all.

Dragalia lost which just came out in Sept, for Christmas and new years gave out enough free currency for 15 ten pulls and then straight up gave out 8 ten pulls ontop of that, it's fairly exciting.

Final fantasy brave exvius gave out an insane amount of currency and summons for free for the holidays.

Meanwhile gw2, achievement points and a mini pet. And blues and greens...

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:I feel this game doesn't reward its players enough. When you play cell phone games, specifically gatcha games the amount of rewards they give out is insane

They give out quite a bit going onto a gatcha game for the first time it's pretty staggering the amount of rewards. It itches the treasure itch far more then gw2. When you log back into gw2, it feels lackluster and then it feels like the loot is boring and repetitive, and not exciting at all.

Dragalia lost which just came out in Sept, for Christmas and new years gave out enough free currency for 15 ten pulls and then straight up gave out 8 ten pulls ontop of that, it's fairly exciting.

Final fantasy brave exvius gave out an insane amount of currency and summons for free for the holidays.

If a game has to entice players to play it by giving out something for free, you know there is a problem there. I would rather have a great content than free loot any day and I think most people that actually play MMO's do also. If you play an MMO primarily because of pixels, you're doing it the hard way ... you can get those pixels for free if you ask for them.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:I feel this game doesn't reward its players enough. When you play cell phone games, specifically gatcha games the amount of rewards they give out is insane

All I'm saying is mmos are in trouble when they have to compete with games like this, and it is competition because gatcha games take up just as much time as mmos.

@Obtena.7952 said:

If a game has to entice players to play it by giving out something for free, you know there is a problem there.

Yah well its enticing and then when you play it it's also fun, so I dunno man lol.

If a game has to entice players to play it by giving out something for free, you know there is a problem there.

Yah well its enticing and then when you play it it's also fun, so I dunno man lol.

Well, I do know ... no one picks up a game because it gives out insane amounts of currency for 15 ten pulls ... That means nothing to someone not already playing that game.

Sounds to me you aren't playing the right game if you aren't getting the rewards you want from it.

Archived