We need more rewards.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:I feel this game doesn't reward its players enough. When you play cell phone games, specifically gatcha games the amount of rewards they give out is insane

Gonna stop you right there. Gatcha games don't give out "rewards". They drip-feed the barest minimum currencies necessary to counterbalance the slot-machine core they built the veneer of gaming around. They allow their slot machines to continue being nominally "playable". It only feels like a big reward because the bars they set are so kitten high.

They give out quite a bit going onto a gatcha game for the first time it's pretty staggering the amount of rewards. It itches the treasure itch far more then gw2. When you log back into gw2, it feels lackluster and then it feels like the loot is boring and repetitive, and not exciting at all.

Dragalia lost which just came out in Sept, for Christmas and new years gave out enough free currency for 15 ten pulls and then straight up gave out 8 ten pulls ontop of that, it's fairly exciting.

Final fantasy brave exvius gave out an insane amount of currency and summons for free for the holidays.

Meanwhile gw2, achievement points and a mini pet. And blues and greens...

If a game has to entice players to play it by giving out something for free, you know there is a problem there.

Yah well its enticing and then when you play it it's also fun, so I dunno man lol.

Again, that's subjective assessment. Sounds to me you aren't playing the right game if you aren't getting the rewards you want from it.

I've played mmos since 2001, I think I know what type of game this is and what it has to offer. I've also played since gw1 launch.

So, this gives you enough rewards then? You’ve found a way to play this game for 6 years. GW1 for multiple as well. You have evidently been entertained enough to keep playing?

Hi strider lol, gatchas spoil players and make gw2 feel lackluster, we need more rewards the game feels unrewarding and stale in my opinion. The rewards havent changed in years, I think that's a problem

But in other games, you claim those gatchas are awesome ... so really you are saying GW2 shouldn't have them and other games are awesome because they do? I mean, do you have congruent point here or not? Why would you even reference other games that contradict your point?

Well once you get used to that kind of loot and it becomes the norm, there is no going back. They opened pandora box, that's why gatcha games are exploding in popularity, the loot is exciting and impactful. Gw2 should be looking at this.

I think you provided the exact reason in this post why Anet shouldn't provide that kind of loot. Maybe free stuff is the norm for that game ... but it's not the norm (and I don't see why it should be) in GW2 ... ESPECIALLY if it cuts into potential revenues. Sounds to me like Anet is doing the smart thing and keeping the lid on that Pandora's Box for their customers. Anet should be running as far away from this free loot model as they can, because the incentive to play this game should be content and fun, not some Pandora's Box of Free Loot. I think at this time, they have done that pretty well just simply based on the fact that the game is still developed and in existence. I can't say I would expect the same for the game that's giving away the farm.

I can't support the idea of 'free' loot or 'more'. There is potential for 'different' though, as many of the rewards you get are directly linked to crafting things you want. It's a hard choice because the TP is driven by people contributing to it; any reduction there would be bad. Likewise, It's hard to imagine how Anet would just suddenly have epic loot drops for players. I hardly get exotics; how could they justify anything more rare drop and maintain a reasonable level of the lower tier loot dropping? I mean, I know where your thread is going because you tried to make 2 others with the same flavour; you just want exclusive rewards for high performance. "MORE LOOT" doesn't address that.

You should try playing a gatcha game before you weight in on how it works or impacts gw2, you're awfully opinionated and you dont seem to understand this new genre of game.

Me trying a gatcha game doesn't change the fact that GW2 attracts and appeals to it's primary market as it is now.

I'm its primary market and I think it's in trouble lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:I feel this game doesn't reward its players enough. When you play cell phone games, specifically gatcha games the amount of rewards they give out is insane

Gonna stop you right there. Gatcha games don't give out "rewards". They drip-feed the barest minimum currencies necessary to counterbalance the slot-machine core they built the veneer of gaming around. They allow their slot machines to continue being nominally "playable". It only feels like a big reward because the bars they set are so kitten high.

They give out quite a bit going onto a gatcha game for the first time it's pretty staggering the amount of rewards. It itches the treasure itch far more then gw2. When you log back into gw2, it feels lackluster and then it feels like the loot is boring and repetitive, and not exciting at all.

Dragalia lost which just came out in Sept, for Christmas and new years gave out enough free currency for 15 ten pulls and then straight up gave out 8 ten pulls ontop of that, it's fairly exciting.

Final fantasy brave exvius gave out an insane amount of currency and summons for free for the holidays.

If a game has to entice players to play it by giving out something for free, you know there is a problem there.

Yah well its enticing and then when you play it it's also fun, so I dunno man lol.

Again, that's subjective assessment. Sounds to me you aren't playing the right game if you aren't getting the rewards you want from it.

I've played mmos since 2001, I think I know what type of game this is and what it has to offer. I've also played since gw1 launch.

So, this gives you enough rewards then? You’ve found a way to play this game for 6 years. GW1 for multiple as well. You have evidently been entertained enough to keep playing?

Hi strider lol, gatchas spoil players and make gw2 feel lackluster, we need more rewards the game feels unrewarding and stale in my opinion. The rewards havent changed in years, I think that's a problem

But in other games, you claim those gatchas are awesome ... so really you are saying GW2 shouldn't have them and other games are awesome because they do? I mean, do you have congruent point here or not? Why would you even reference other games that contradict your point?

Well once you get used to that kind of loot and it becomes the norm, there is no going back. They opened pandora box, that's why gatcha games are exploding in popularity, the loot is exciting and impactful. Gw2 should be looking at this.

I think you provided the exact reason in this post why Anet shouldn't provide that kind of loot. Maybe free stuff is the norm for that game ... but it's not the norm (and I don't see why it should be) in GW2 ... ESPECIALLY if it cuts into potential revenues. Sounds to me like Anet is doing the smart thing and keeping the lid on that Pandora's Box for their customers. Anet should be running as far away from this free loot model as they can, because the incentive to play this game should be content and fun, not some Pandora's Box of Free Loot. I think at this time, they have done that pretty well just simply based on the fact that the game is still developed and in existence. I can't say I would expect the same for the game that's giving away the farm.

I can't support the idea of 'free' loot or 'more'. There is potential for 'different' though, as many of the rewards you get are directly linked to crafting things you want. It's a hard choice because the TP is driven by people contributing to it; any reduction there would be bad. Likewise, It's hard to imagine how Anet would just suddenly have epic loot drops for players. I hardly get exotics; how could they justify anything more rare drop and maintain a reasonable level of the lower tier loot dropping? I mean, I know where your thread is going because you tried to make 2 others with the same flavour; you just want exclusive rewards for high performance. "MORE LOOT" doesn't address that.

You should try playing a gatcha game before you weight in on how it works or impacts gw2, you're awfully opinionated and you dont seem to understand this new genre of game.

Me trying a gatcha game doesn't change the fact that GW2 attracts and appeals to it's primary market as it is now.

I'm its primary market and I think it's in trouble lol

That's debatable ... if your it's primary market, why are you interested in rewards it's never given to people? A reward structure that doesn't fit with the game? I mean, how does one play a game for 6+ years and only JUST realize it doesn't reward them in a way they like? That doesn't make sense. Either the rewards aren't as important to you as you say ... or you just aren't are aware of what you want.

I've played gatcha games and they're...uneven. As was said, the "prizes" are I.V. dripped to you and even then something stronger and better comes along. I played Unison League for almost 3 years and when they took back the prizes they gave out in a collab. I quit. Then they started to charge for more and more things. Like, in order to power up your skills? Better be ready to fork over around $20 for that. Oh, and you want the monsters? The most powerful ones? $70 and I'm not kidding. And you are delusional if you think that you are everyone's voice and desire. You are not the only one that plays this game. Speak for yourself and no one else, okay?

Also, I think they're spamming for stars? =shrug=

i can contribute to this, the last game i came from was so heavily about buying that they pretty much killed the game within about 4 years even though its still running. they added the botting system, then turned around and completely nerfed/killed the farming from it. Turn the weekend pvp event (known as nation wars) into nothing more than a means of making in game coin even though there was a fee on exchanging the tokens you earned. Made the gears so stupidly op that the power creep came with it. If it was mounts you buy it, fashion, buy it. gears/armor- some farming in a dungeon/instance that took like 3 weeks to a month to do. Or if it was the high gears similar to legendary, (which was called rank 9) can farm it which takes like 2-3 years to complete or buy it slowly with gold which still takes 1.5-2 years to do. Also adding in other content which was fun for quite a while but had its share of bugs and glitches that weren't ever fixed or were from every 6 months to a year. One glitch from a dungeon run that kept multiplying one of the bosses adds over and over again and players were constantly abusing this which made them level up overly easy to the highest lvl in about a week or two with xp boosts. This is how GAMES get KILLED, no matter how much loot or rewards you put into a game, the game itself just gets killed without fun content to keep it interesting, Not to mention having a gaming company give some effort to balance the game/classes instead of giving out new content without fixing it, or extra rewards just to keep the players happy and satisfied. That kind of mentality of self gratification never works on a game. It only makes the loyal, dedicated players to leave for another that will do the job right.

@vanflyheight.6832 said:i can contribute to this, the last game i came from was so heavily about buying that they pretty much killed the game within about 4 years even though its still running. they added the botting system, then turned around and completely nerfed/killed the farming from it. Turn the weekend pvp event (known as nation wars) into nothing more than a means of making in game coin even though there was a fee on exchanging the tokens you earned. Made the gears so stupidly op that the power creep came with it. If it was mounts you buy it, fashion, buy it. gears/armor- some farming in a dungeon/instance that took like 3 weeks to a month to do. Or if it was the high gears similar to legendary, (which was called rank 9) can farm it which takes like 2-3 years to complete or buy it slowly with gold which still takes 1.5-2 years to do. Also adding in other content which was fun for quite a while but had its share of bugs and glitches that weren't ever fixed or were from every 6 months to a year. One glitch from a dungeon run that kept multiplying one of the bosses adds over and over again and players were constantly abusing this which made them level up overly easy to the highest lvl in about a week or two with xp boosts. This is how GAMES get KILLED, no matter how much loot or rewards you put into a game, the game itself just gets killed without fun content to keep it interesting, Not to mention having a gaming company give some effort to balance the game/classes instead of giving out new content without fixing it, or extra rewards just to keep the players happy and satisfied. That kind of mentality of self gratification never works on a game. It only makes the loyal, dedicated players to leave for another that will do the job right.

Wait, wait, was it Perfect World? Because it sounds a lot like it.

@vanflyheight.6832 said:Yep it sure was

Lol, my husband quit after dropping around$3K to get Rank 9 and then...well you know the rest. XDI played a cleric. BB for the win!... (Also, I still have a vendetta against Wurlord. That dude killed me every. single. time. I don't know why he hated me so much, at first I thought it was heal aggro and then I didn't heal and he still attacked me.)

some of it i farmed from nation wars, but since alot of the other high pvp types were 1-2 shotting undergeareds, it became pretty obvious that all it had become was a kill fest with no way possible to be able to counter dmg much less CC skills. So once that crit dmg passive came in, i ended up quitting entirely. cause i wasn't going to regear another class when i had one already.

I'm at a very strong "NO" at this one. The game is fine and doesn't need more rewards. What in fact, I think it needs is more sinks. There are too many places where people farm unduly amounts of currency and materials already. As such a lot of prices of items have fallen. Now while that may not be a bad thing, there isn't that much drain on the economy to keep people spending what they've saved up. (Completely my opinion.) And while new legendary releases during the living stories help, they're only temporary.

I would like to offer, the idea of rewarding quests, high end tier rewards, or sinks that aren't just freely given out. The game tends to be very polarized in rewards. Either they give things out very frugally that they lose value, or they're "hard" to acquire (Legendaries). I propose that instead of "More Rewards!" we instead have more things worth spending our time and efforts and materials towards. Similar to Legendary Armor and Weapons (They don't have to be specifically that.). It would be nice for them to allow us as players more ways to (for lack of a better term) 'invest' what we have for something greater.

This would be similar to how the beetle/griffon was given to us. Where it took time and effort to acquire. For instance, long term collections that involve lore or materials or skill that provide exclusive items. The best Idea I have, is what I was hoping for when PoF launched, was for some way to acquire something other than the default mount skins but without paying gems. If there was a simple mount skin that had 2-4 dye channels instead of 1 that looked unique and interesting for sure i would have spent all my time unlocking every one of those skins for my mounts. Instead all interesting skins are put on the gemstore. In fact, there are plenty of items sold on the gemstore, that would have made for great long term quests. (But for obvious monetary reasons they were put into the store.)

Another good example of interesting quests and investment would be the new Requiem Armor from "A Star to Guide Us." Now while it has its flaws. Being that a big part of it was the sigils that were scalped off the trading post. This collection was very good and I enjoyed my time acquiring what I could.

There is the huge caveat of the fact that Anet needs to tell players to suck it up when it comes to difficulty of certain game mechanics/achievements/goals to allow this to happen. Too recently (Looking at you Mad King's Raceway.) as an example, players complained they couldn't get 1 achievement out of the whole event because they thought it was too hard. (Which it was entirely possible and it just takes practice which the complaining player base didn't like. Personally I never liked the map for other reasons but as far as the achievement went it was just fine.) Anet immediately made the achievement possible on foot because of complaints. Personally, while listening to player feedback is good, you should also realize that always giving people what they want without having them work for the reward, will dilute and reduce the experience as a whole.

TL,DR: Guild Wars 2 doesn't need more rewards, it needs more reasons to stay and invest time and materials into interesting and challenging goals and items. Provide reasons to stay and experience more of the game.

I play this game for fun only. I don't give a fig about rewards. I salvage the endless repetitive garbage received. Also, ppl in wvw go on and on about bags that r lame and mostly worthless. But, really, no one wants more loot? Or more importantly, better loot? Like better loot is a drag? Gimme a break. Everyone loves great loot. Nobody gives a d... about garbage loot that takes time to salvage or dispose. Gw2 needs to give higher chance of rare drops, just like they did in gw1. That keeps the game fun and promising rather than stale and predictable. Like u r not happy when u get a precursor drop? Y do ppl congratulate u for it then? Better drops more often. Eliminate the garbage. When was the last time u got an exotic or key or precursor etc. Right.

@yann.1946 said:What you're proposing won't solve the problem you're trying to address.

Uh yes getting more rewards would feel less disparaging compared to other games, when I jump back onto gw2

It won't because you would get used to those rewards (oh again a stupid mountskin).and you would be back where you started.

That's why you continuously make and give out new loot, that's what other games do lol? I dont get your point.

OK let me try to explain.

This is never about being rewarded rather it is about feeling rewarded.

If they decided to give mount skins as a reward eventually they would achieve mini status so you need to constantly increase rewards to keep them interesting which would behave like a gear treadmill because it would invalidate all the rewards before it.

@Eater of Peeps.9062 said:I play this game for fun only. I don't give a fig about rewards. I salvage the endless repetitive garbage received. Also, ppl in wvw go on and on about bags that r lame and mostly worthless. But, really, no one wants more loot? Or more importantly, better loot? Like better loot is a drag? Gimme a break. Everyone loves great loot. Nobody gives a d... about garbage loot that takes time to salvage or dispose. Gw2 needs to give higher chance of rare drops, just like they did in gw1. That keeps the game fun and promising rather than stale and predictable. Like u r not happy when u get a precursor drop? Y do ppl congratulate u for it then? Better drops more often. Eliminate the garbage. When was the last time u got an exotic or key or precursor etc. Right.

If you increase the drop rates of precursors the value decreases. This would make precursors stale loot.

People are not against more exciting loot. People are against a shortsighted solution which would make loot less exciting.

I don't play mobile games, but reading descriptions of gacha games online, it looks like these games are designed to get players to spend as much money as possible, using a mechanism that sounds very similar to loot-boxes. At a guess, if the "free" rewards the OP refers generate a feeling of satisfaction, it's likely to prime the pump to entice greater and greater spending by players. Similar tactics (free "samples") are used in certain unsavory practices, and produce a similar effect -- a hooked consumer-base. I'm certainly glad GW2 has not done this.

That said, I understand the OP's complaint. Many players have complained that GW2 feels unrewarding. Every time ANet has reacted to such complaints, they've upped the ante on drops (which are mostly blues, greens, plus crafting mats, with the rarer mats keeping their rarity by dropping a lot less. SB, AB, Istan, all drop ludicrous amounts of loot compared to what dropped in Orr before LS2 introduced DT and SW. Champ trains used to be the loot pinata, now they are scarce, or nonexistent.

The thing is, the more common the drops are, the less exciting they will become. Perhaps the OP wants (as he expressed in other threads) drops exclusive to hard content that would preserve their excitement by being inaccessible to many players. I can see that that could be good for him and players like him, though I'm uncertain how good it would be for the rest of us -- or the game as a whole.

@yann.1946 said:

@Eater of Peeps.9062 said:I play this game for fun only. I don't give a fig about rewards. I salvage the endless repetitive garbage received. Also, ppl in wvw go on and on about bags that r lame and mostly worthless. But, really, no one wants more loot? Or more importantly, better loot? Like better loot is a drag? Gimme a break. Everyone loves great loot. Nobody gives a d... about garbage loot that takes time to salvage or dispose. Gw2 needs to give higher chance of rare drops, just like they did in gw1. That keeps the game fun and promising rather than stale and predictable. Like u r not happy when u get a precursor drop? Y do ppl congratulate u for it then? Better drops more often. Eliminate the garbage. When was the last time u got an exotic or key or precursor etc. Right.

If you increase the drop rates of precursors the value decreases. This would make precursors stale loot.

People are not against more exciting loot. People are against a shortsighted solution which would make loot less exciting.

Well, in all the years I've been playing gw 1 and 2, I have noticed a trend in gw2 only towards decreasing rates for rare drops of any kind. We used to get exotics, then ascendeds when they came out or keys or precursors or tier 5 or 6 mats. The drop rate was low but not non-existent like it is now. I once cleared 19 maps leveling a char legit. I got 1 key. Really? Wtf is up with that low of a reward system?The push to lower the drop rates for rare items comes from a misplaced desire by anet to drive u to the gem store or tp to get ur rare treasure. It was funner when u thought u might get good gear or weaps from a drop. It also, unfortunately, made me want to spend rl cash in gemstore more often. I never do anymore. What for? I've lost interest in loot altogether anymore. I don't want it anymore cuz I never or rarely get it anymore in game (.

@Eater of Peeps.9062 said:

Well, in all the years I've been playing gw 1 and 2, I have noticed a trend in gw2 only towards decreasing rates for rare drops of any kind. We used to get exotics, then ascendeds when they came out or keys or precursors or tier 5 or 6 mats. The drop rate was low but not non-existent like it is now. I once cleared 19 maps leveling a char legit. I got 1 key. Really? kitten is up with that low of a reward system?The push to lower the drop rates for rare items comes from a misplaced desire by anet to drive u to the gem store or tp to get ur rare treasure. It was funner when u thought u might get good gear or weaps from a drop. It also, unfortunately, made me want to spend rl cash in gemstore more often. I never do anymore. What for? I've lost interest in loot altogether anymore. I don't want it anymore cuz I never or rarely get it anymore in game (.

So because you had a stroke of bad luck with keys If 10000 people do a series of 19 map completion 14 would on average exp what you did. WHile not even counting the consequences of conformation bias.

As far as i know their as been no data that proves rewards have been decreasing. but you're experience embodies exactly why you're solution would be a bad idea. you're getting acostumed to the reward the game has trown at you so you've become less excited about the rewards

@"IndigoSundown.5419" said:I don't play mobile games, but reading descriptions of gacha games online, it looks like these games are designed to get players to spend as much money as possible, using a mechanism that sounds very similar to loot-boxes. At a guess, if the "free" rewards the OP refers generate a feeling of satisfaction, it's likely to prime the pump to entice greater and greater spending by players. Similar tactics (free "samples") are used in certain unsavory practices, and produce a similar effect -- a hooked consumer-base. I'm certainly glad GW2 has not done this.

That said, I understand the OP's complaint. Many players have complained that GW2 feels unrewarding. Every time ANet has reacted to such complaints, they've upped the ante on drops (which are mostly blues, greens, plus crafting mats, with the rarer mats keeping their rarity by dropping a lot less. SB, AB, Istan, all drop ludicrous amounts of loot compared to what dropped in Orr before LS2 introduced DT and SW. Champ trains used to be the loot pinata, now they are scarce, or nonexistent.

The thing is, the more common the drops are, the less exciting they will become. Perhaps the OP wants (as he expressed in other threads) drops exclusive to hard content that would preserve their excitement by being inaccessible to many players. I can see that that could be good for him and players like him, though I'm uncertain how good it would be for the rest of us -- or the game as a whole.

Gw2 has done this though, all the mobs in the game or a meta event have a chance for a rare reward, you can either spend time (which is money) farming the mobs or event for the precursors or infusions or if your pump has been sufficiently primed, tip the scales in your favor and open your wallet and buy it off the trading post outright. It's all still random chance and the impulse to buy is entirely optional.

The only real difference is that in a gatcha the amount of free currency you receive is limited in scope and usually time gated. If gw2 was to mimic this, which I dont think they should, it would be the equivalent of being able to do a meta event only so many times in one day (which is already partially true they only occur so many times per day) or limiting the amount of mobs you are allowed to farm per day (which diminishing returns on map farming is already a thing, but is easily circumnavigated)

Clearly you don't, since the rewards you seek were never anything this game gave out. If you did know, you wouldn't be asking for them to be added and know why you wouldn't be asking that as well.

Yah but since these games exist, gw2 should update and adapt, why would you be against more exciting rewards anyways or free stuff? Am I missing something here lol? It's 2019 not 2012, games give out exciting loot, gw2 should follow suite.

The existence of these other games is not a reason for Gw2 to update and adapt.

GW2 has a business model that works because its market supports it well enough to stay in business. Clearly, if the market wasn't satisfied with the game, the game would fade away and not be supported.

I'm noticing a lot less players, my friends list is always empty, wvw and pvp, nobody is around...

Making loot more exciting or impactful could only help, especially since gamers in 2019 have come to expect this and are used to it now.

You keep saying "gamers in 2019 have come to expect this and are used to it now". I'm a gamer in 2019 and in no way expect or even want this. I also have never started playing a game based on how much loot was awarded, lol.

If precursers dropped more frequently they would become garbage loot. Then you would want some new extremely rare drop that was worth something. But then you wouldn't get it and want it to drop more frequently. Then it would be another garbage drop. then you would want another .....

@MachineManXX.9746 said:

Clearly you don't, since the rewards you seek were never anything this game gave out. If you did know, you wouldn't be asking for them to be added and know why you wouldn't be asking that as well.

Yah but since these games exist, gw2 should update and adapt, why would you be against more exciting rewards anyways or free stuff? Am I missing something here lol? It's 2019 not 2012, games give out exciting loot, gw2 should follow suite.

The existence of these other games is not a reason for Gw2 to update and adapt.

GW2 has a business model that works because its market supports it well enough to stay in business. Clearly, if the market wasn't satisfied with the game, the game would fade away and not be supported.

I'm noticing a lot less players, my friends list is always empty, wvw and pvp, nobody is around...

Making loot more exciting or impactful could only help, especially since gamers in 2019 have come to expect this and are used to it now.

You keep saying
"gamers in 2019 have come to expect this and are used to it now"
. I'm a gamer in 2019 and in no way expect or even want this. I also have never started playing a game based on how much loot was awarded, lol.

Really then what's the draw of games like diablo.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:I feel this game doesn't reward its players enough. When you play cell phone games, specifically gatcha games the amount of rewards they give out is insane comparatively to this game. I feel like the new generation is used to this and I have to admit coming back to an mmo and getting blues and greens or a daily chest feels really lackluster after these games spoil us. Black lion key drops nerfed into oblivion, can only farm one per week now. The only thing worth farming is infusions from limited events, all of which have insanely low drop rates and are in mostly hot maps. The rest of the loot we get is downright useless, mostly vendor trash or can be put on the TP for 1 gold. It's not exciting and treasure and rewards for playing should be, especially considering how many other options there are out there now. It's not 2012 anymore.

The holidays were an example, we get a mini pet for completing the annual achievement. I mean... thanks? Couldn't we have received something a little more exciting? Like some gems or maybe a mount select license or maybe made a mount skin and give that as the reward instead? Something more substantial. I feel like gw2 needs to get with the times and realize that other games are inundating their audiences with treasure and loot, while gw2 remains the same.

Furthermore, I feel like gw1 vets who have stayed with this game and company the longest should be rewarded further then the initial rewards we received at launch. I dunno it feels like loyalty is unrewarded as well.

The problem is the most rewards players get, the less meaningful each reward becomes. As most items only get value out of being sold on the trading post, their prices varry depending on the usual player's money. More rewards means more money, which means that what you want to buy with it will be more expensive, which means that the rewards won't feel as impactful.

Archived