Insanely overpowered ranger skills - Eg. Whirling Defense does more damage than hundred blades

Ruufio.1496

@"Ruufio.1496" said:So let's discuss why so many ranger abilities are completely overpowered for the realm of Guild Wars 2 combat.

Whirling DefenseJuly 23, 2013 -This skill now grants 4 seconds of retaliation for the duration of the skill.April 19, 2016 - The damage per strike has been increased by 100%.November 07, 2017 - Increased damage by 15%ONLY A MONTH LATERDecember 12, 2017 - Increased damage by 15%.

In addition to being a whirl finisher and giving retaliation it also reflects projectiles and inflicts 12 stacks of vulnerability. In comparison, hundred blades does about half as much damage and only inflicts damage and nothing else. Balanced vs incredibly overpowered.

Moving on.

Winter's BiteJune 20, 2017 - The damage of this skill has been increased by 150%March 27, 2018 - Increased damage by 20% in PvP and WvW and the bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds.HONED AXES TRAITJanuary 26, 2016 - The ferocity bonus this trait grants has been increased from 150 to 250..

You also do not need to hit a target in order for your next attack to inflict weakness.

Prelude Lash5 target 300 radius AOE pull that also immobilizes. Because just having an AOE pull would be too weak.

Swoop (soulbeast)Range: 1200 Cooldown: 10 seconds.This should literally be nerfed in half. Eg 600 range and 20 second cooldown. Give them an evade if they whine about it.

Blackbear (soulbeast)Defy Pain - Immune to physical damage for 5 seconds.Unflinching Fortitude - Break stun, remove movement conditions and immunity to physical damage for 4 seconds.

Wow. 2 endure pain on 1 pet for a total of 9s immunity. OK. Throw in physical damage immunity signet here or there, maybe some permanent protection and... could you imagine if protection also reduced condition damage by 33% or ranger had access to resistance or mass condition clear? Boy that sure would be OP wouldn't it. You could go full berserker stats and be more survivable than a warrior with his mere 2 endure pains, critical hit immunity and blocks.

Second Skin33% condition damage reduction? Wow... How about nerfing it to 20%. It would still be strong as kiten.

All StancesTheir cooldowns are all WAY too low. What even is 25s cooldown on moa stance lmao. The uptime on that stance is almost 100%. 25s is practically spammable. Nerf all stances to at least 45s bare minimum.

Sick Em/Pets Prowess etc.Is this the highest damage modifier in the game? 40% is INSANE. Imagine if a superior version of hundred blades with a 7.92dmg modifier was buffed by 130% damage, had another 40% damage increase and threw a bunch of other damage modifiers on top of that. Did you know ranger has the most (and best!) damage modifiers in the game (as well as the most damage immunities)? It's not the minor damage modifiers that are the issue... but it is these INSANE ones. Honed axes 240 ferocity (WOAH), Pets Prowess 300 ferocity (HOLY KITTEN!!!!!!!) Attack of Opportunity 25% ... again... HUGE, Vicious Quarry 250 ferocity with fury... WHY SUCH HUGE FEROCITY BONUSES??????? Us engineers only get a reasonable 150 ferocity with fury.

What amazingly ridiculously insane damage modifiers those are. Meanwhile engineer had the 10% damage modiifier removed from tool kit because apparently it was OP to hit a 5k pry bar under best circumstances.

Protective WardWhy is the weakness AOE? Just to increase the random spam in combat?

LongbowFor the fivethousadnth time from the fiftyistthousandth person... the range is NOT 1500. Please fix.

The soulbeast is the most overpowered thing to ever exist in the entirety on Guild Wars 2. More overpowered than a scourge combined with preHoT cele ele combined with prePoF chronomancer. How is this allowed?

Part 3... A more logical comparison to Whirling Defense...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Defense

20s cooldown when traited. Player is rooted.

Damage (12x): 2,904 (7.92)?Retaliation (4s): Reflect incoming damage back to its source.12 Vulnerability (10s): 12% Incoming Damage, 12% Incoming Condition DamageNumber of Targets: 3Duration: 5sAttack Radius: 180Reflection Radius: 150Combo Finisher: Whirl

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Axe

12s cooldown when traited. Player is NOT rooted.

Damage (15x): 3,075 (8.388)?Movement Speed Increase: 50%Number of Targets: 5Radius: 130Combo Finisher: Whirl

And for the sake of your argument...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hundred_Blades

6.4s cooldown when traited. Player is rooted.

Damage (8x): 1,864 (4.62)?Final strike damage: 488 (1.21)?Number of Targets: 3Range: 130

So....

A warrior can use 2 (mobile) Whirling Axes, that hits 5 targets, compared to Ranger using 1 (rooting) Whirling Defense that hits 3 targets...

A warrior can use 4 (rooted) Hundred Blades compared to Ranger using 1 (rooting) Whirling Defense.

... If you are standing inside a whopping 5s long, 180 radius skill, and eating up all the damage from the rooted attacking ranger... then start using dodge or simply move out of the way.

I just don’t understand why whirling defenses doing more damage than 100 blades is a concern. All skills do various amounts of damage and just happens wd does more than 100 blades, why does it matter? Whirling axe’s doesn’t root you like wd and a lot would argue a damage loss for not being rooted would be superior to more damage rooted. So one could argue why should ranger be rooted when warrior can use whirling axe’s un rooted?

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:Passive SoS should either be removed or put elsewhere. It's legitimately stupid to put it in such a low-priority trait slot in an offensive line. I think ANet wanted to make MMS desirable because it somewhat lacks power otherwise compared to skirmishing and WS on core/druid, but it really is just lazy and there should be more incentive to play MMS through active play.

Sic 'Em is a problem, and the amount of free stats given by BM and pets are a problem when combined with things like extended damage immunity, high mobility, and extended unblockable attacks. BM+SB is basically permanent 20 might + fury + some extra damage and sustain without actually occupying might stacks or running the risk of being corrupted. It's a time-duration Pre-nerf-pre-nerf Assassin's Signet (yes, they nerfed it twice), which was game-shatteringly overpowered at launch and applied only to a single attack, had no extra benefits like revealed, and had a longer cooldown.

The issue is that like many other things in the game, soulbeast has a bloated kit and needs to have a bloated kit because a number of specs released in PoF also have incredibly bloated kits... like FB, Holo, Mirage, and to some extent, Deadeye (though even Deadeye's main issues are more symptoms of previous bad design in thief paired with two relatively thoughtless abilities rather than actual problems with the DE itself).

Ranger is particularly gross however just because of how safe it is. 1800 range attacks dealing an upwards of 7-10k damage (more with OWP) and its combo on an 8s cooldown dealing 50k+ damage in the span of a few seconds with a very high amount of mobility and at least one invuln (one of which is even passive), all on the same build, is not only just difficult to deal with, but frankly, extremely
easy
to play and do well with. It's strictly stronger than warrior has ever been, and by a very substantial margin at that, and frankly, miles easier.

We need to see the game toned down because in all honesty it's just no fun anymore. Especially when going back to core game content and in the PvP modes. One of ANet's main pillars of GW2 was to never phase out old content as to keep it feeling fresh and good. It's why we have downscaled events and dungeons and so on. It's why the gear level was never increased. And yet, the fundamental aspect of playing the game - the classes - bring so much extra power they render any and all of their predecessor content - including their predecessor classes - not just bad, but unenjoyable to deal with because of how easy and mindless it is.

When I go against a core game class with an elite spec at this point, I often feel I don't even need to think to beat them. That's not fun for me and it sure isn't fun for them. Soulbeast is the most egregious, followed by mirage and then holosmith.

WD, Prelude Lash, and the rest are all pretty okay Honestly, Swoop is a great addition for players who want to play the kiting-focused mobile DPS which core ranger and druid otherwise fail to deliver on. But the prominent builds running around right now are really oppressive and feel like they have no counterplay when playing a build with a slight disadvantage or which do not have blatant and direct answers, and often times, when the soulbeast plays well, have their answers negated thanks to things like unbockable attack access, stealth denial, substantial cleave and CC, and so on all within easy grasp.

Hell, I know a few ranger players who have even stopped playing the class because they stopped having fun with it largely being a free win in most matchups just
because
nothing really brings any real threat save condi mirage. But that's just OP vs OP...

Really, I can't stop laughing ... when I see someone saying Soulbeast is OP, that he can do 50k damage from 1800 ranger etc ... Yes, he can, as Mesmer and Thief can too, not from 1800, but from 1500. The only BIG difference is that Mesmer and Thief can easily escape after that burst, and Ranger can't!A good player with a balanced build always will beat a Sniper Soulbeast. Please don't look only on Youtube video, and get from there the idea Berserker Sic'em Build is OP, because is not vs good players.

DE does massively less damage than SB since the rework. DE just has fewer inherent tells, but standard rifle combo is basically the same thing as PBS+RF. Literally the only thing keeping DE oppressive is SScope and SA interactions. DJ is garbage and people who die to it either got massively outplayed or suck/aren't paying attention. Mirage can't even dream of the burst damage SB brings; it's 100-0 is just able to get an unsuspecting foe and nothing more.

I'd love for you to enlighten me on this math of yours about thief burst, especially. It's not like I'm an authority on burst thief or anything. Not like I've mained the maximum-possible burst damage thief build for the past six and a half years. /s

And to say ranger can't escape. Are you kidding me? Bird? Arctic Wolf? GS3? Free 1000+ range mobility on such low cooldowns is bad escape? Again, the only class in the game rocking that kind of mobility without major cost is Mirage. Even thief using shortbow struggles to keep up with that much burst disengage while maintaining some semblance of fuel in the tank.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure the issue is more that you've never played the other classes more than anything. Hell, there have been a number of new thieves who mained ranger previously claiming S/D was crazy strong in the past who have come to the boards asking for help on how to deal with anything because they feel totally useless compared to their soulbeast, to slowly realize they learned the game on a training wheels class/build.

What's crazy is I even justified why the SB's kit is wildly overloaded in my post - and how it needs to be - by agreeing with you that these other specs are broken on their design levels which makes for exploitable play with limited weaknesses when played competently. The issue is that SB is broken in numbers which makes it super strong when played by anyone at all. And at the moment it's a bit excessive.

My criticism is that soulbeast is incredibly easy to achieve such high success with and how its damage is so easy to achieve without much cost to its efficacy on other scenarios. It has an answer to nearly everywhere in some aspect of its kits without much investment required to actually get it. Even if it doesn't have the best disengage in the game, it still has better disengage than 90% of the game. Even if it didn't have the best sustain in the game (P.S., as far as full glass builds go, it does, objectively), it still can tank better than 80% of what's out there. Even without the most ranged damage (which it also has), it still gets massively safe engages with next to no opportunity cost. You don't actually need to be even remotely good to pose a massive threat in smallscale when playing one. That's my point.

And if the build I'm referencing is so bad and so insignificant as you claim - which nearly every soulbeast I've encountered in WvW runs (which is around half the overall roaming population today or more I'd say) - then these nerfs will have no impact on the real "good" rangers and just hit the noobs who press three buttons and automatically kill anyone not running an invuln. So... how does this impact ranger skill expression or viability then? According to your logic, it doesn't.

When I go into WvW, if I want things to die and not need to think very much, I play my soulbeast in exotic gear. Despite the fact that I've only put maybe 400 hours in ranger, and despite the fact that I have almost fifteen times the play time and thousands of gold into gear and tons of math to optimize my thief, it's just easy, and generally, just stronger.

Say what you will, but this spec overperforms. OP went too far, but the spirit of the post - soulbeast having ridiculously overtuned numbers and a very easy play pattern to get solid results from - aren't untrue in the slightest.

@"Prophet.1584" said:"A ranger beat me in pvp/wvw so please nerf them. i've never played ranger or understand how the build works but please nerf them anyway, TOO OP!!"

the only reason boonbeast is seemingly OP is because scourge doesn't see as much play right now in pvp and spellbreaker doesn't run winds so boons don't get ripped. Heavy boonrip would end boonbeast pretty quickly. Sic EM Sniper is a very strong build but it's less defensive than a thief or mesmer while filling the same role, +1 dps and roaming.Ranger can ONLY roam in wvw, sure it can run in a zerg but not as effectively when compared to the other meta classes. In wvw, where you do see a lot more boonrip, boonbeast still is not viable in zergs, it's too dependent on boons to survive. Ranger has always been a strong 1v1 duelist, that's how it's been since launch, boonbeast just allows for more teamplay than druid or core.I've played all 9 professions to plat at some point so at least have a basic understanding of how they all work so i can time my CC's and utilities. It amazes me that people can still complain about a profession this much without ever having touched it or played it enough to truly understand it's strength and weaknesses.

There is a variant of soulbeast that provides boons in zerg that i have seen.So i'd say its not "only" a roaming class.

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@"Prophet.1584" said:snip

Boon Rip > Swoop Greatsword opposite direction > Swoop Owl opposite direction > Ranger is now at least 2200 range away from you and out of combat. If he isn't out of combat then he also quickening zephyr to create distance which ALSO grants superspeed because it was ALSO buffed for no reason other than to create the most overpowered spec in existence.

No one cares about zerg fights. There is no skill involved in those compared to low mans.

I'm sorry but this is your opinion. another player who only plays raids wouldn't have used a soulbeast at all until the recent buffs to power damage because everything else outperformed it. A dedicated wvw zerger still wouldnt play soulbeast over a meta class because it doesn't bring as much as they do to the zerg. the only use ranger had before the slight increase to power damage and the slight reduction to condi dps was as a healbot druid. our dps didn't even matter it was so low, we had 1!! viable dps raid build since the start of raids, condi dps, until the power increase.

The only area in this game that ranger has almost always been in a decent spot is in roaming/dueling. i say almost because at one time there was NO ONE who wanted a ranger on their pvp team and they saw 0 use in tournaments.

thief can have multiple shadowsteps to move the same distance you mentioned and moremesmer doesnt blink as far but can get pretty closeboth professions can also have access to a large amount of stealthin regards to engineer, the only thing i will say is that a quick look on snowcrows website will show you that engi only parses 100dps less than a power soulbeast.

this is a circular argument that can never end where i defend my position of it not being OP and you keep saying it is regardless of the facts brought forth. hopefully non fact based opinions on forums by "god knows who" won't factor in to balance like it seems to.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Passive SoS should either be removed or put elsewhere. It's legitimately stupid to put it in such a low-priority trait slot in an offensive line. I think ANet wanted to make MMS desirable because it somewhat lacks power otherwise compared to skirmishing and WS on core/druid, but it really is just lazy and there should be more incentive to play MMS through active play.

Sic 'Em is a problem, and the amount of free stats given by BM and pets are a problem when combined with things like extended damage immunity, high mobility, and extended unblockable attacks. BM+SB is basically permanent 20 might + fury + some extra damage and sustain without actually occupying might stacks or running the risk of being corrupted. It's a time-duration Pre-nerf-pre-nerf Assassin's Signet (yes, they nerfed it twice), which was game-shatteringly overpowered at launch and applied only to a single attack, had no extra benefits like revealed, and had a longer cooldown.

The issue is that like many other things in the game, soulbeast has a bloated kit and needs to have a bloated kit because a number of specs released in PoF also have incredibly bloated kits... like FB, Holo, Mirage, and to some extent, Deadeye (though even Deadeye's main issues are more symptoms of previous bad design in thief paired with two relatively thoughtless abilities rather than actual problems with the DE itself).

Ranger is particularly gross however just because of how safe it is. 1800 range attacks dealing an upwards of 7-10k damage (more with OWP) and its combo on an 8s cooldown dealing 50k+ damage in the span of a few seconds with a very high amount of mobility and at least one invuln (one of which is even passive), all on the same build, is not only just difficult to deal with, but frankly, extremely
easy
to play and do well with. It's strictly stronger than warrior has ever been, and by a very substantial margin at that, and frankly, miles easier.

We need to see the game toned down because in all honesty it's just no fun anymore. Especially when going back to core game content and in the PvP modes. One of ANet's main pillars of GW2 was to never phase out old content as to keep it feeling fresh and good. It's why we have downscaled events and dungeons and so on. It's why the gear level was never increased. And yet, the fundamental aspect of playing the game - the classes - bring so much extra power they render any and all of their predecessor content - including their predecessor classes - not just bad, but unenjoyable to deal with because of how easy and mindless it is.

When I go against a core game class with an elite spec at this point, I often feel I don't even need to think to beat them. That's not fun for me and it sure isn't fun for them. Soulbeast is the most egregious, followed by mirage and then holosmith.

WD, Prelude Lash, and the rest are all pretty okay Honestly, Swoop is a great addition for players who want to play the kiting-focused mobile DPS which core ranger and druid otherwise fail to deliver on. But the prominent builds running around right now are really oppressive and feel like they have no counterplay when playing a build with a slight disadvantage or which do not have blatant and direct answers, and often times, when the soulbeast plays well, have their answers negated thanks to things like unbockable attack access, stealth denial, substantial cleave and CC, and so on all within easy grasp.

Hell, I know a few ranger players who have even stopped playing the class because they stopped having fun with it largely being a free win in most matchups just
because
nothing really brings any real threat save condi mirage. But that's just OP vs OP...

Really, I can't stop laughing ... when I see someone saying Soulbeast is OP, that he can do 50k damage from 1800 ranger etc ... Yes, he can, as Mesmer and Thief can too, not from 1800, but from 1500. The only BIG difference is that Mesmer and Thief can easily escape after that burst, and Ranger can't!A good player with a balanced build always will beat a Sniper Soulbeast. Please don't look only on Youtube video, and get from there the idea Berserker Sic'em Build is OP, because is not vs good players.

DE does massively less damage than SB since the rework. DE just has fewer inherent tells, but standard rifle combo is basically the same thing as PBS+RF. Literally the only thing keeping DE oppressive is SScope and SA interactions. DJ is garbage and people who die to it either got massively outplayed or suck/aren't paying attention. Mirage can't even dream of the burst damage SB brings; it's 100-0 is just able to get an unsuspecting foe and nothing more.

I'd love for you to enlighten me on this math of yours about thief burst, especially. It's not like I'm an authority on burst thief or anything. Not like I've mained the maximum-possible burst damage thief build for the past six and a half years. /s

And to say ranger can't escape. Are you kidding me? Bird? Arctic Wolf? GS3? Free 1000+ range mobility on such low cooldowns is bad escape? Again, the only class in the game rocking that kind of mobility without major cost is Mirage. Even thief using shortbow struggles to keep up with that much burst disengage while maintaining some semblance of fuel in the tank.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure the issue is more that you've never played the other classes more than anything. Hell, there have been a number of new thieves who mained ranger previously claiming S/D was crazy strong in the past who have come to the boards asking for help on how to deal with anything because they feel totally useless compared to their soulbeast, to slowly realize they learned the game on a training wheels class/build.

What's crazy is I even justified why the SB's kit is wildly overloaded in my post - and how it needs to be - by agreeing with you that these other specs are broken on their design levels which makes for exploitable play with limited weaknesses when played competently. The issue is that SB is broken in numbers which makes it super strong when played by anyone at all. And at the moment it's a bit excessive.

My criticism is that soulbeast is incredibly easy to achieve such high success with and how its damage is so easy to achieve without much cost to its efficacy on other scenarios. It has an answer to nearly everywhere in some aspect of its kits without much investment required to actually get it. Even if it doesn't have the best disengage in the game, it still has better disengage than 90% of the game. Even if it didn't have the best sustain in the game (P.S., as far as full glass builds go, it does, objectively), it still can tank better than 80% of what's out there. Even without the most ranged damage (which it also has), it still gets massively safe engages with next to no opportunity cost. You don't actually need to be even remotely good to pose a massive threat in smallscale when playing one. That's my point.

And if the build I'm referencing is so bad and so insignificant as you claim - which nearly every soulbeast I've encountered in WvW runs (which is around half the overall roaming population today or more I'd say) - then these nerfs will have no impact on the real "good" rangers and just hit the noobs who press three buttons and automatically kill anyone not running an invuln. So... how does this impact ranger skill expression or viability then? According to your logic, it doesn't.

When I go into WvW, if I want things to die and not need to think very much, I play my soulbeast in exotic gear. Despite the fact that I've only put maybe 400 hours in ranger, and despite the fact that I have almost fifteen times the play time and thousands of gold into gear and tons of math to optimize my thief, it's just easy, and generally, just stronger.

Say what you will, but this spec overperforms. OP went too far, but the spirit of the post - soulbeast having ridiculously overtuned numbers and a very easy play pattern to get solid results from - aren't untrue in the slightest.

From my experience, thief is way faster than Soulbeast. And his big advantage is not only how long he can "leap" but the speed who make him be in just 1-2 sec at 2000-3000 distance, so no skills can hit him. Soulbeast has very good skills for running as you mention Bird's swoop and GS swoop, but for the casting period of these skills he can be crippled, stunned etc, or he can take enough damage.You will see always a zerker thief or a mesmer who are following a group of enemies and time to time jumped on them, killed one and then retreated and try again in few sec. I saw many zerk thieves or mesmers who jumped in the middle of a group of 4-5 enemies, killed one of them and then just walk away as nothing happened to him. Not the same thing can do a ranger, because he will die so fast if he plays zerker and he will jump in middle of the group.I am playing on top tier W3 and if you play zerk ranger there, you'll die like a fly. Maybe on a lower tier with your zerk exotic gear can beat everyone ... maybe you are as in the saying: "sometimes it is better to be the first in the village than the last one in the town".

PS: I didn't say Soulbeast is not a very good class but is notOP either.

@"Ruufio.1496" said:So let's discuss why so many ranger abilities are completely overpowered for the realm of Guild Wars 2 combat.

Whirling DefenseJuly 23, 2013 -This skill now grants 4 seconds of retaliation for the duration of the skill.April 19, 2016 - The damage per strike has been increased by 100%.November 07, 2017 - Increased damage by 15%ONLY A MONTH LATERDecember 12, 2017 - Increased damage by 15%.

In addition to being a whirl finisher and giving retaliation it also reflects projectiles and inflicts 12 stacks of vulnerability. In comparison, hundred blades does about half as much damage and only inflicts damage and nothing else. Balanced vs incredibly overpowered.

Moving on.

Winter's BiteJune 20, 2017 - The damage of this skill has been increased by 150%March 27, 2018 - Increased damage by 20% in PvP and WvW and the bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds.HONED AXES TRAITJanuary 26, 2016 - The ferocity bonus this trait grants has been increased from 150 to 250..

You also do not need to hit a target in order for your next attack to inflict weakness.

Prelude Lash5 target 300 radius AOE pull that also immobilizes. Because just having an AOE pull would be too weak.

Swoop (soulbeast)Range: 1200 Cooldown: 10 seconds.This should literally be nerfed in half. Eg 600 range and 20 second cooldown. Give them an evade if they whine about it.

Blackbear (soulbeast)Defy Pain - Immune to physical damage for 5 seconds.Unflinching Fortitude - Break stun, remove movement conditions and immunity to physical damage for 4 seconds.

Wow. 2 endure pain on 1 pet for a total of 9s immunity. OK. Throw in physical damage immunity signet here or there, maybe some permanent protection and... could you imagine if protection also reduced condition damage by 33% or ranger had access to resistance or mass condition clear? Boy that sure would be OP wouldn't it. You could go full berserker stats and be more survivable than a warrior with his mere 2 endure pains, critical hit immunity and blocks.

Second Skin33% condition damage reduction? Wow... How about nerfing it to 20%. It would still be strong as kiten.

All StancesTheir cooldowns are all WAY too low. What even is 25s cooldown on moa stance lmao. The uptime on that stance is almost 100%. 25s is practically spammable. Nerf all stances to at least 45s bare minimum.

Sick Em/Pets Prowess etc.Is this the highest damage modifier in the game? 40% is INSANE. Imagine if a superior version of hundred blades with a 7.92dmg modifier was buffed by 130% damage, had another 40% damage increase and threw a bunch of other damage modifiers on top of that. Did you know ranger has the most (and best!) damage modifiers in the game (as well as the most damage immunities)? It's not the minor damage modifiers that are the issue... but it is these INSANE ones. Honed axes 240 ferocity (WOAH), Pets Prowess 300 ferocity (HOLY KITTEN!!!!!!!) Attack of Opportunity 25% ... again... HUGE, Vicious Quarry 250 ferocity with fury... WHY SUCH HUGE FEROCITY BONUSES??????? Us engineers only get a reasonable 150 ferocity with fury.

What amazingly ridiculously insane damage modifiers those are. Meanwhile engineer had the 10% damage modiifier removed from tool kit because apparently it was OP to hit a 5k pry bar under best circumstances.

Protective WardWhy is the weakness AOE? Just to increase the random spam in combat?

LongbowFor the fivethousadnth time from the fiftyistthousandth person... the range is NOT 1500. Please fix.

The soulbeast is the most overpowered thing to ever exist in the entirety on Guild Wars 2. More overpowered than a scourge combined with preHoT cele ele combined with prePoF chronomancer. How is this allowed?

Part 4....

The subject of AoE pulls... You have one too...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pull

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prismatic_Singularity

Pull Damage: 27 (0.1)?Explosion Damage: 133 (0.5)?Heat Threshold: 50Pull: 240Number of Targets: 5Radius: 240Radius and Pull Increase: 120Blast Radius: 120Explosion

Lets talk about second skin stuff... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Second_Skin"Conditions inflict less damage to you while you have protection.Damage Reduced: 33%"...

Lookie what the Engineer has.. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Iron_Blooded"Reduce physical and condition damage for each boon you have.Incoming Damage, Incoming Condition Damage: -2%"

Wow, any boon gives out a STACKING +2% special protection vs damage AND conditions... Know how easy it is to generate boons on an Engineer? Let alone boons from other players? This is like having permanent Second Skin on steroids...

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"anduriell.6280" said:Just move one step away and you get no damage.

Please, next. But next one do write something funny pls.

"Good" rangers use muddy terrain which immobs for 3s. By the time you've stunbroke and cleared immob your health is 50% if you're tanky. Dead if you're anything else. You should know this since you main ranger. Axe 4 > heal because lolmuddyterrain > axe 5.

Btw slow is a thing that exists.

Just 1 lil example so you can understand engineer better...

2 second cooldown with 600 range leap... combined with...

You need to study up on classes because you’re complaining about things that your main class can do too... You want to complain about mobility, Engi can build for it too... Boons? Yeah Engi can do that too.

There is a learning curve you need to address on your own by simply reading.

So... Holo Leap is 450 range and not 600. Maybe you should stop reading and actually put things into practice.

And I'm not sure why you're linking a superspeed trait in reference to rangers slow condition or being hard CCd.

@Ruufio.1496 said:

"Good" rangers use muddy terrain which immobs for 3s. By the time you've stunbroke and cleared immob your health is 50% if you're tanky. Dead if you're anything else. You should know this since you main ranger. Axe 4 > heal because lolmuddyterrain > axe 5.

You need to study up on classes because you’re complaining about things that your main class can do too... You want to complain about mobility, Engi can build for it too... Boons? Yeah Engi can do that too.

So... Holo Leap is 450 range and not 600. Maybe you should stop reading and actually put things into practice.

And I'm not sure why you're linking a superspeed trait in reference to rangers slow condition or being hard CCd.

First, learn how to play properly your class.Second, because I am a nice guy, I'll give you a tip:

.Watch and learn how to beat a ranger with engineer. Ofc even you'll master the engineer (even I extremely doubt it about this) you'll meet better players than you (not only rangers but other classes too) because always it will be someone better than the better one.Third ... why did you put this post on ranger forum? Why didn't post on engineer forum if your main and complain it is made from engineer POV? Why don't you send a ticket to Anet and ask them for all those nerf you crying about?Usual on ranger forum (and usually on other classes forums) ppl are talking about how to improve their class and not how to nerf it just because some other classes or player who play other classes are beaten by that class.I am 100% you are on the wrong forum and the fact you made 2 posts with almost the same thing "how to nerf ranger" on the ranger forum, it is bad behaviour from you and you should get a warning.

@Ruufio.1496 said:

“Create a holographic launch pad and leap to your foe. The pad remains behind for a short duration, granting increased movement speed to allies who touch it.

Damage: 704 (1.8)?Heat Gained: 7%Swiftness (3s): 33% Movement SpeedNumber of Targets: 3Duration: 3sCombo Finisher: LeapRange: 600”

You complained about immobilize, so I clearly posted counters to immobilize.

You seem more interested in arguing than learning about the game.

GL in WvW bud!

First, learn how to play properly your class.Second, because I am a nice guy, I'll give you a tip:
.Watch and learn how to beat a ranger with engineer. Ofc even you'll master the engineer (even I extremely doubt it about this) you'll meet better players than you (not only rangers but other classes too) because always it will be someone better than the better one.Third ... why did you put this post on ranger forum? Why didn't post on engineer forum if your main and complain it is made from engineer POV? Why don't you send a ticket to Anet and ask them for all those nerf you crying about?Usual on ranger forum (and usually on other classes forums) ppl are talking about how to improve their class and not how to nerf it just because some other classes or player who play other classes are beaten by that class.I am 100% you are on the wrong forum and the fact you made 2 posts with almost the same thing "how to nerf ranger" on the ranger forum, it is bad behaviour from you and you should get a warning.

lmao you just wanted to show off your l33t montage. You fought 2 soulbeasts in that video. One was with a friend against the usual bad players that exist in WvW which means nothing. The other was you against a dragon hunter and a soulbeast which means that both players were bad because they lost a 2v1. You quite literally spammed your skills of cooldown which works again those types of players (missed your elite)

If you fought a good soulbeast they would kite you the moment you went into photon forge. What are you going to do against them? You're not going to catch them, not even with rocket boots which are useless in actually winning a fight (soulbeasts sacrifice nothing for mobility). You're going to accept your death and contemplate why holosmith is actually bad and only good against greedy opponents or not surprisingly, multiple opponents (spellbreaker was like this too before FC nerf)

You fail to realize that soulbeast is actually more powerful than holosmith, especially in duels. (Inb4 balance isn't about duels) Soulbeast is also more powerful and more useful in lows mans than holosmith.

Also passive elixir s no longer exists so you no longer get a free ceasefire to recharge your cooldowns by 3s anymore.

@"Prophet.1584" said:"A ranger beat me in pvp/wvw so please nerf them. i've never played ranger or understand how the build works but please nerf them anyway, TOO OP!!"

the only reason boonbeast is seemingly OP is because scourge doesn't see as much play right now in pvp and spellbreaker doesn't run winds so boons don't get ripped. Heavy boonrip would end boonbeast pretty quickly. Sic EM Sniper is a very strong build but it's less defensive than a thief or mesmer while filling the same role, +1 dps and roaming.Ranger can ONLY roam in wvw, sure it can run in a zerg but not as effectively when compared to the other meta classes. In wvw, where you do see a lot more boonrip, boonbeast still is not viable in zergs, it's too dependent on boons to survive. Ranger has always been a strong 1v1 duelist, that's how it's been since launch, boonbeast just allows for more teamplay than druid or core.I've played all 9 professions to plat at some point so at least have a basic understanding of how they all work so i can time my CC's and utilities. It amazes me that people can still complain about a profession this much without ever having touched it or played it enough to truly understand it's strength and weaknesses.

winds is not played because its cd is WAAAY to long for what it does, with the cd right now spb is not a reliable counter to boonbeast, ive tried a full boonrip build with dagger and hammer and there is no way to remove the boons as fast as they get applied

@Ruufio.1496 said:

lmao you just wanted to show off your l33t montage. You fought 2 soulbeasts in that video. One was with a friend against the usual bad players that exist in WvW which means nothing. The other was you against a dragon hunter and a soulbeast which means that both players were bad because they lost a 2v1. You quite literally spammed your skills of cooldown which works again those types of players (missed your elite)

If you fought a good soulbeast they would kite you the moment you went into photon forge. What are you going to do against them? You're not going to catch them, not even with rocket boots which are useless in actually winning a fight (soulbeasts sacrifice nothing for mobility). You're going to accept your death and contemplate why holosmith is actually bad and only good against greedy opponents or not surprisingly, multiple opponents (spellbreaker was like this too before FC nerf)

You fail to realize that soulbeast is actually more powerful than holosmith, especially in duels. (Inb4 balance isn't about duels) Soulbeast is also more powerful and more useful in lows mans than holosmith.

Also passive elixir s no longer exists so you no longer get a free ceasefire to recharge your cooldowns by 3s anymore.

No, it is not my video. I don't play engineer, my main is a ranger since beta and I played many times warrior, elementalist and revenant.Seems you don't understand what we want to teach you and we can't do anything more than this.Take care, post whatever you want here, remain with your thoughts ...

@Prophet.1584 said:

thief can have multiple shadowsteps to move the same distance you mentioned and more

You do realize to achieve 2200 disengage on a thief, assuming no immediate perfectly-placed 1200-unit-far-away ambient creature, it requires a weapon swap to a weapon which has very little combat potential, a minimum of 12 initiative (full bar 100-0 forcing all skills on its kit to a minimum 3s cooldown from 3 left over from Preparedness, assuming Trickery - 6s otherwise - for a single cast of one ability) and a 20-50 second cooldown (at best, traited Steal, at worst, shadowstep), right? That's literally complaining about a spec burning almost every single resource it has - from full resources - just to not die. And then it has no kill pressure for 10 seconds and must be within 900 range.

Yes, a thief can absolutely cover more distance than a ranger in theory, but it's also the entire existence of its defense/how it was and has been balanced since beta, and needs to burn way more resources at virtually every point in any scenario to disengage than soulbeast.

Soulbeast's mobility is a problem because its mobility, similar to Mirage, is basically without any real semblance of resource cost. Like I posted above, the same is said about its damage and its defense. Almost zero major sacrifices are made relative to other professions.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

thief can have multiple shadowsteps to move the same distance you mentioned and more

You do realize to achieve 2200 disengage on a thief, assuming no immediate perfectly-placed 1200-unit-far-away ambient creature, it requires a weapon swap to a weapon which has very little combat potential, a minimum of 12 initiative (full bar 100-0 forcing all skills on its kit to a minimum 3s cooldown from 3 left over from Preparedness, assuming Trickery - 6s otherwise - for a single cast of one ability) and a 20-50 second cooldown (at best, traited Steal, at worst, shadowstep), right? That's literally complaining about a spec burning almost every single resource it has - from full resources - just to not die. And then it has no kill pressure for 10 seconds and must be within 900 range.

Yes, a thief can absolutely cover more distance than a ranger in theory, but it's also the entire existence of its defense/how it was and has been balanced since beta, and needs to burn way more resources at virtually every point in any scenario to disengage than soulbeast.

Soulbeast's mobility is a problem because its mobility, similar to Mirage, is basically without any real semblance of resource cost. Like I posted above, the same is said about its damage and its defense. Almost zero major sacrifices are made relative to other professions.

@DeceiverX.8361 I only want to say ... 2 skills ... that's all ... Shadowstep and then Infiltrator's Arrow ... 1200+ 3x900 = 3900 range. That's it, nothing more ... eventually 1 invisibility skill too at the end.Please tell me what class can follow a thief with these 2 skills? And believe me, there are MANY thieves who are using these skills without losing any damage/pressure on the enemy.What you say about swap weapon, little potential combat, CD on the skills, etc is nonsense ... because ranger also or any other class it will be on CD on the running skills. Swoop for birds, swoop on Greatsword are used in combat too, and maybe exact on the time you need it to run away it will be on CD. So please, don't tell us that the runner class of GW2 or the best class with disengage ability is not a Thief, but ranger or other class. I can prove you any time and any second that a zerk (glass cannon) thief cand go in the middle of 2-5 enemies, killed someone, and then disappear even he has only 15k HP. The only other class who can do this is Messmer, not Ranger, not Warrior, no one. Why? Because these 2 class, Thief and Mesmer, have the best abilities for going in stealth many seconds and teleport.Have a good night!

@DeceiverX.8361 I only want to say ... 2 skills ... that's all ... Shadowstep and then Infiltrator's Arrow ... 1200+ 3x900 = 3900 range. That's it, nothing more ... eventually 1 invisibility skill too at the end.Please tell me what class can follow a thief with these 2 skills? And believe me, there are MANY thieves who are using these skills without losing any damage/pressure on the enemy.What you say about swap weapon, little potential combat, CD on the skills, etc is nonsense ... because ranger also or any other class it will be on CD on the running skills. Swoop for birds, swoop on Greatsword are used in combat too, and maybe exact on the time you need it to run away it will be on CD. So please, don't tell us that the runner class of GW2 or the best class with disengage ability is not a Thief, but ranger or other class. I can prove you any time and any second that a zerk (glass cannon) thief cand go in the middle of 2-5 enemies, killed someone, and then disappear even he has only 15k HP. The only other class who can do this is Messmer, not Ranger, not Warrior, no one. Why? Because these 2 class, Thief and Mesmer, have the best abilities for going in stealth many seconds and teleport.Have a good night!

Yeah problem isn’t as simple as that, a thief shadowssteps than swaps to IA and after 2 shots has to run until 5 ini opens up,often dagger storms on CD from fight.ranger doesn’t have to catch up to thief only needs to keep close enough to range down with its lb which isn’t hard I do this a lot easily with gs/lb and owl lol I Never out right catch em but my bow drops them a lot of times before they get away

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Yeah problem isn’t as simple as that, a thief shadowssteps than swaps to IA and after 2 shots has to run until 5 ini opens up,often dagger storms on CD from fight.ranger doesn’t have to catch up to thief only needs to keep close enough to range down with its lb which isn’t hard I do this a lot easily with gs/lb and owl lol I Never out right catch em but my bow drops them a lot of times before they get away

I agree, I didn't say that I didn't put down many thieves with my LB when they tried to run away. But most of the time was just because many of them were greedy, and they didn't disengage when it was needed.