Time cost of Astral/Stellar Weapons...

Nefara.2186

@Abelisk.4527 said:Anet needs to make a huge mat sink for Rose Quartz. Maybe reintroduce it in another map. Brandstone Farming during launch was really chill and relaxed, we would wait for like 5-10 min at the Astralarium for Brandstones to fall down, and then we'd scavenge out for the impact site. It was so interesting.

There was also a progression system where if 5 (4?) people marked the site then the rewards would multiply per mark. One Rose Quartz had a merchant value of 50s, and each impact site yielding an average of about 8, so 4g avg per site. If they spawn 5-10 minutes per instance and less than that if multimapping, then let's say 5 min. interval that's 12 impacts per hour or 48g per hour... just by hanging out as a squad and treasure hunting.

Of course, 48g was too much, and if it hadn't been disabled for merchant selling there would've been a huge amount of inflation. Maybe make a huge sink that evens out the value of rose quartz to around 30s or 35s on TP?

It's similar to the treasure hunt system but more improved. It'd also fix the Kralkatite issue.

How would this fix the kralkatite issue, when every stellar weapon needs 500 kralkatite? Rose quartz is the least concern. And also, why does every material need a big sink? Rose quartz is only needed for the stellar/astral weapons, and thats it. I can understand people who have hoarded rose quartz and hope to make huge profit from this, but at the same time i feel that rose quartz (hence powdered quartz) price is such that it allows people to make stellar weapons easier, cost-wise. Stellar weapons are already more expensive to craft than zojja, diviner etc, because the irradiated Vision crystal alone costs 15g+ (due to powdered quartz). Can you imagine the price if rose quartz cost 35s instead of the current 3.5s? In my opinion, this materials is fine as it is.

@Abelisk.4527 said:Anet needs to make a huge mat sink for Rose Quartz. Maybe reintroduce it in another map.....Of course, 48g was too much, and if it hadn't been disabled for merchant selling there would've been a huge amount of inflation. Maybe make a huge sink that evens out the value of rose quartz to around 30s or 35s on TP?

It takes 1000 rose quartz to make a Stellar weapon, and there are 16 weapons in the set, meaning for each person who wants to get the skins it would cost 16,000 rose quartz...

@Voltekka.2375 said:Can you imagine the price if rose quartz cost 35s instead of the current 3.5s? In my opinion, this materials is fine as it is.

Yeah haha, if it was that expensive that would be 350g for one stellar weapon, and 5,600g for the whole set, in rose quartz alone. With powdered rose quartz being under 1s per, it makes the cost a much more reasonable 160g or so for all of the rose quartz you'd need.

@Nefara.2186 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:Anet needs to make a huge mat sink for Rose Quartz. Maybe reintroduce it in another map.....Of course, 48g was too much, and if it hadn't been disabled for merchant selling there would've been a huge amount of inflation. Maybe make a huge sink that evens out the value of rose quartz to around 30s or 35s on TP?

It takes 1000 rose quartz to make a Stellar weapon, and there are 16 weapons in the set, meaning for each person who wants to get the skins it would cost 16,000 rose quartz...

@Voltekka.2375 said:Can you imagine the price if rose quartz cost 35s instead of the current 3.5s? In my opinion, this materials is fine as it is.

Yeah haha, if it was that expensive that would be 350g for one stellar weapon, and 5,600g for the whole set, in rose quartz alone. With powdered rose quartz being under 1s per, it makes the cost a much more reasonable 160g or so for all of the rose quartz you'd need.

It doesnt take 1000 rose quartz for one weapon. It takes 500 POWDERED quartz. Which you can get by salvaging rose quartz, each salvage yields 5-10 powdered quartz. Powdered quartz sits at 70c right now.

Rose Quartz already has a sink in the form of Powdered Rose Quartz which can be used to by Shipments from Istan in place of Volatile Magic/Kralkatite.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

It doesnt take 1000 rose quartz for one weapon. It takes 500 POWDERED quartz. Which you can get by salvaging rose quartz, each salvage yields 5-10 powdered quartz. Powdered quartz sits at 70c right now.

Really weird that people keep mixing these things up. Also constantly failing to see how cheap the Rose Quartz are to get ...

@Khisanth.2948 said:Rose Quartz already has a sink in the form of Powdered Rose Quartz which can be used to by Shipments from Istan in place of Volatile Magic/Kralkatite.This is, ahem, a stellar deal.

Really weird that people keep mixing these things up. Also constantly failing to see how cheap the Rose Quartz are to get ...Yeah, it is odd. I'm pretending that people think that since the ore is account bound, they have assumed that quartz is also bound and haven't bothered to read the description or check the TP.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:Anet needs to make a huge mat sink for Rose Quartz. Maybe reintroduce it in another map. Brandstone Farming during launch was really chill and relaxed, we would wait for like 5-10 min at the Astralarium for Brandstones to fall down, and then we'd scavenge out for the impact site. It was so interesting.

There was also a progression system where if 5 (4?) people marked the site then the rewards would multiply per mark. One Rose Quartz had a merchant value of 50s, and each impact site yielding an average of about 8, so 4g avg per site. If they spawn 5-10 minutes per instance and less than that if multimapping, then let's say 5 min. interval that's 12 impacts per hour or 48g per hour... just by hanging out as a squad and treasure hunting.

Of course, 48g was too much, and if it hadn't been disabled for merchant selling there would've been a huge amount of inflation. Maybe make a huge sink that evens out the value of rose quartz to around 30s or 35s on TP?

It's similar to the treasure hunt system but more improved. It'd also fix the Kralkatite issue.

How would this fix the kralkatite issue, when every stellar weapon needs 500 kralkatite? Rose quartz is the least concern. And also, why does every material need a big sink? Rose quartz is only needed for the stellar/astral weapons, and thats it. I can understand people who have hoarded rose quartz and hope to make huge profit from this, but at the same time i feel that rose quartz (hence powdered quartz) price is such that it allows people to make stellar weapons easier, cost-wise. Stellar weapons are already more expensive to craft than zojja, diviner etc, because the irradiated Vision crystal alone costs 15g+ (due to powdered quartz). Can you imagine the price if rose quartz cost 35s instead of the current 3.5s? In my opinion, this materials is fine as it is.

I crafted four Stellar weapons (warhorn, greatsword, staff, shield) and one astral axe when the price of each rose quartz was 50s. If people farm the brandstones again expect the powdered rose quartz price to drop in price significantly. Plus, Rose Quartz are used in nothing but irradiated vision crystals, and you only need one of them.

Don't even.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

You get a TON of powdered rose quartz simply by doing the brandstone events. You don't need to salvage anything.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

It's 500 for an astral, 500 more to upgrade to a Stellar = 1000. And I did say powdered, just not every time. Seems pointless to correct me when my meaning was pretty clear.

@"Nefara.2186" said:It's 500 for an astral, 500 more to upgrade to a Stellar = 1000.

It's only 500; there's no upgrading. Only one astral is required to unlock the vendor to purchase recipes for all the stellar weapons.

And I did say powdered, just not every time. Seems pointless to correct me when my meaning was pretty clear.Except you wrote, "it takes 1000 rose quartz to make a Stellar weapon, and there are 16 weapons in the set, meaning for each person who wants to get the skins it would cost 16,000 rose quartz..."

In fact, it costs 48 gold worth of materials for a stellar weapon plus the irradiated vision crystal, which requires:

50 Kralkatite Ingots, 1 Rose Quartz, 1 Vision Crystal and 10 Globs of Ectoplasm at the Beam of Light in The Astralarium.Those 50 ingots each need 10 k-ore, 10 powdered quartz, & 1 ecto, for a total of 500 k-ore, 500 powdered quartz, and 50 ecto, so the actual cost is ~73 gold plus 500 kralk-ore, of which all quartz components represent under 7% of the total costs (at worst)

• 48 gold of standard mats
  • vision crystal (standard for ascended gear)
  • 500 kralkatite Ore, must be farmed
  • 500 powdered quartz = at most 4.5 gold on the TP
  • 1 rose quartz = at most 7 silver
  • 60 ecto = ~20 gold

tl;dr The rose quartz (powdered or otherwise) is a nominal expense in a long term undertaking, no significant grind is required (for the quartz; the full collection, of course, is a slog in some form).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Nefara.2186 said:It's 500 for an astral, 500 more to upgrade to a Stellar = 1000.

It's only 500; there's no upgrading. Only one astral is required to unlock the vendor to purchase recipes for all the stellar weapons.

Well yes, there's upgrading, because as you said you put 500 powdered quartz into the krakaltite ingots to make the crystal you need to upgrade an Astral to a Stellar. Stellar weapon = 1000 powdered rose quartz, and 1000 krakaltite ore.

tl;dr The rose quartz (powdered or otherwise) is a nominal expense in a long term undertaking, no significant grind is required (for the quartz; the full collection, of course, is a slog in some form).

Not talking about the rose quartz being a grind, quite the opposite, I was responding to Abelisk saying rose quartz should be more expensive and needs a sink when the price is just fine and perfectly reasonable. My position as the OP was that 16,000 krakaltite ore is a daunting undertaking and with supply caches nerfed I was wondering if anyone else thought the price needed adjusting.

I now have 10 characters all parked at the Astralarium heart though so we'll see how that goes, I'll get back to you in two months (64 days) when I've finally crafted all of the skins :p

@Nefara.2186 said:

@Nefara.2186 said:It's 500 for an astral, 500 more to upgrade to a Stellar = 1000.

Well yes, there's upgrading, because as you said you put 500 powdered quartz into the krakaltite ingots to make the crystal you need to upgrade an Astral to a Stellar. Stellar weapon = 1000 powdered rose quartz, and 1000 krakaltite ore.

Not talking about the rose quartz being a grind, quite the opposite, I was responding to Abelisk saying rose quartz should be more expensive and needs a sink when the price is just fine and perfectly reasonable. My position as the OP was that 16,000 krakaltite ore is a daunting undertaking and with supply caches nerfed I was wondering if anyone else thought the price needed adjusting.

I now have 10 characters all parked at the Astralarium heart though so we'll see how that goes, I'll get back to you in two months (64 days) when I've finally crafted all of the skins :p

You only need to craft ONE astral weapon to unlock ALL stellar Weapons crafting. You DONT upgrade astral weapons to stellar. Each stellar weapon costs 500 powdered quartz + 500 kralkatite, period. This is why you need 8000 kralkatite for all stellar weapons (plus the initial 500 for the first astral weapon to be able to unlock the stellar weapons), not 16000 (unless you also craft all astral weapons, for god knows what reason)

• Like 1

@Nefara.2186 said:Well yes, there's upgrading, because as you said you put 500 powdered quartz into the krakaltite ingots to make the crystal you need to upgrade an Astral to a Stellar. Stellar weapon = 1000 powdered rose quartz, and 1000 krakaltite ore.No, there's not upgrading. I have only a single astral unlocked (shield) and seven stellars unlocked (not including the shield, which I don't like). It's 500 powdered rose quartz and 500 kralk ore, not counting the gating requirement of making that first astral.

My position as the OP was that 16,000 krakaltite ore is a daunting undertaking and with supply caches nerfed I was wondering if anyone else thought the price needed adjusting.No wonder since (a) it's 8000 kralk ore and (b) you have ignored all other sources.There's no question it's a big undertaking.

However, as I said above I can't agree that there's a new issue, because I've never farmed Istan. The most I've managed to do it was once in a day, four times in the same week. For me, the change to the Istan meta is a buff (assuming the kralk drop rate remains the same; I haven't seen any comparison data suggesting its changed).

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Yasna#vendor18

Read the description for the vendor; particular the part where all stellar recipes will be available after helping her with her research.

Her research being these two achievements:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Brandstone_Researchhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Astral_Purification

It is indeed 16K map currency and powered rose quartz for all astral and stellar weapons except stellar doesn’t require its astral counterpart to be crafted first.

Edit: Oops. Meant to edit my post and not make a new one :(

• Like 1

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It is indeed 16K map currency and powered rose quartz for all astral and stellar weapons except stellar doesn’t require its astral counterpart to be crafted first.That's true, but the OP has insisted that it's 16k k-ore for the stellar. They even doubled down on that assertion by repeating that stellars requires astrals.

To clarify (since there have been a variety of sub-threads within this main thread):

• Crafting a single astral unlocks the ability to purchase all the recipes for stellar.
  • Crafting all of either set costs 8k kralk-ore (plus recipe costs); crafting both costs 16k.
  • These costs are the same since LS4.1 launched.
  • What changed is how many chests can be farmed via the metas on the map.
  • This affects nothing for those who did the meta 1x/day or less (most people); it obviously was meant to affect those who farmed multiple times.

The OP asks if anyone is bothered by this change, if anyone agrees that this means that collecting a full set of either (or both) skins is now too onerous. Most people seem to say: no, not really. Neither set is part of a collection, neither set was easily obtained before, & only one of the supply chains for the mats were affected.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 2/3/2019 at 6:22 AM, Voltekka.2375 said:

You only need to craft ONE astral weapon to unlock ALL stellar Weapons crafting. You DONT upgrade astral weapons to stellar. Each stellar weapon costs 500 powdered quartz + 500 kralkatite, period. This is why you need 8000 kralkatite for all stellar weapons (plus the initial 500 for the first astral weapon to be able to unlock the stellar weapons), not 16000 (unless you also craft all astral weapons, for god knows what reason)

Still having the same issue as of writing this post. I find it almost infuriating, add that to the sheer fact I can NOT find out which Astral weapons or stellar ones for that matter that I have actually crafted, and AS this takes MONTHS to do I ended up making 2 of the same Astral weapon!

WHAT a complete waste!

WHY isn't there an achievement for the crafting of ASTRAL Weapons!?

Complete rubbish!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Loo Ming.8640 said:

Still having the same issue as of writing this post. I find it almost infuriating, add that to the sheer fact I can NOT find out which Astral weapons or stellar ones for that matter that I have actually crafted, and AS this takes MONTHS to do I ended up making 2 of the same Astral weapon!

WHAT a complete waste!

WHY isn't there an achievement for the crafting of ASTRAL Weapons!?

Complete rubbish!

Cant you see when hovering over the picture if the astral weapon skin is unlocked or not

I certainly can in my crafting window.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Loo Ming.8640 said:

Easiest is to go to any crafting station, select Wardrobe Storage>Weapon Skins and search for either Astral or Stellar. Anything you haven't crafted will be greyed out.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

Istan -- the great time waster. Whether you're a scripted farmbot  in the caves or a human farmbot sat outside the Astralarium waiting for meteors, Istan has it all.

Or you can buy rose quartz on the trading post and turn eternal ice shard to  kralkatite ore that you get from bjora marches or strikes instead.

• Like 2