New Warclaw requiring rank Gold or higher?

Edward H Angle.1407

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Mogrey.3891 said:no one is forcing you to get the mount. you are forcing yourself to get it. anet may said that they want to bring people to wvw thus making it usable in pve too but didn't really force you to get it.

There's 1 issue: others Will have the mount and have the advantage the mounts bring....

And if you play WvW regularly, it will be one of the easiest collection> @DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Mogrey.3891 said:no one is forcing you to get the mount. you are forcing yourself to get it. anet may said that they want to bring people to wvw thus making it usable in pve too but didn't really force you to get it.

There's 1 issue: others Will have the mount and have the advantage the mounts bring....

prob there's sarcasm there but some people gonna believe that it will have any advantage but in pve it brings only look in comparison to other pve mounts. so if they want the look it's ok but no one is forcing them to get it.

They probably meant in WvW for those without POF, my assumption anyway.

It means there's no other benefit of the mount in pve and alot of possible screw up or changes in dynamics in wvw (you play against other people...not ai)...Hereby i say it may on what ive seen...

On the forums it's clear pve members are more excited for it then wvw players are

It shows a part of reallife, something some people play to get away from...problems like these

Edit: tried to remove spelling

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if the warclaw will be good or bad for WvW as a whole. But I think it's going to suck even more for new WvW players, when all the experienced people have these in a couple days/weeks and hunt them down even faster than before. What's a newbie to do? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

@Deimos.4263 said:I don't know if the warclaw will be good or bad for WvW as a whole. But I think it's going to suck even more for new WvW players, when all the experienced people have these in a couple days/weeks and hunt them down even faster than before. What's a newbie to do? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Newbs will get their mount in the 6-7 hours it is required of them to participate (vast majority of achievs can be done in eotm, basically a pve map). And they wont ever step foot in bad, bad wvw until the next legendary they wanna craft.

as for gift of battle i kinda agree like i would prefer different methods between the game modes to earn lege weapons. like what they did with armor and back (though still you had to play fractals for some mats if i recall well but whatever)

Again, people play the game for many different reasons and will have different reasons for wanting the mount.

ergo, they don't have a choice other than pvping to get a mount.

@Its Nerfing Time.1495 said:

as for gift of battle i kinda agree like i would prefer different methods between the game modes to earn lege weapons. like what they did with armor and back (though still you had to play fractals for some mats if i recall well but whatever)

Again, people play the game for many different reasons and will have different reasons for wanting the mount.

man really you have to understand that no one forcing you to have all the mounts ever. it's your choice to enter wvw and get the mount. if you don't then it's your choice not to. no one is coming with a gun forcing you to play something you dislike for a mount. new wvw mount will bring nothing new to pve really. anet didn't came to say this mount is the fastest one oh it's a wvw exclusive or whatever. i hope you get what i mean. i don't get why people think they have to play something they dislike.

@"ReV.6097" said:Would they have a "rent a mount for 1 hour" contracters in the main keeps/boarders?Something just to help those new people keep up with the raids, until they can get the mount.

Nope, they didn't offer it for gliding, so I doubt they would do that for mounts too or they'd have to make both available.

@Mogrey.3891 said:

man really you have to understand that no one forcing you to have all the mounts ever. it's your choice to enter wvw and get the mount. if you don't then it's your choice not to. no one is coming with a gun forcing you to play something you dislike for a mount. new wvw mount will bring nothing new to pve really. anet didn't came to say this mount is the fastest one oh it's a wvw exclusive or whatever. i hope you get what i mean. i don't get why people think they have to play something they dislike.

And you really need to learn to read, like quite a few others considering the numerous times i've said this point.

People play for various reasons, some play to collect everything, some play for fashion, some play for the story, others for rp reasons. Fashion and completionists especially will want the mount, and if they aren't pvp players they will then be required to pvp just to get it.

do you understand yet? Or do you, like many pvp players, just not care because it doesn't affect you personally.

pvp exclusive mounts, or mounts requiring pvp, is bad game design. Why is it bad? Because they're trying to get more people into a dead game mode because the mode itself isn't enough to entice them.

world completion used to require pvp, they eventually realised people really don't want to have to pvp to get this.

gift of battle is bad enough, and hopefully they'll realise the problem here too.

And you really need to learn to read, like quite a few others considering the numerous times i've said this point.

People play for various reasons, some play to collect everything, some play for fashion, some play for the story, others for rp reasons. Fashion and completionists especially will want the mount, and if they aren't pvp players they will then be required to pvp just to get it.

do you understand yet? Or do you, like many pvp players, just not care because it doesn't affect
you
personally.

pvp exclusive mounts, or mounts requiring pvp, is
bad
game design. Why is it bad? Because they're trying to get more people into a dead game mode because the mode itself isn't enough to entice them.

world completion used to require pvp, they eventually realised people really don't want to have to pvp to get this.

gift of battle is bad enough, and hopefully they'll realise the problem here too.

There are other things locked behind PvE, Raids, PvP and WvW. Completionists will do the content if they want it bad enough. Get over yourself or move on to another subject!!!

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

do you understand yet? Or do you, like many pvp players, just not care because it doesn't affect
you
personally.

bad
game design. Why is it bad? Because they're trying to get more people into a dead game mode because the mode itself isn't enough to entice them.

There are other things locked behind PvE, Raids, PvP and WvW. Completionists will do the content if they want it bad enough. Get over yourself or move on to another subject!!!

PVE is the main focus of the game. Raids are PVE. WVW = PVP.

Get over yourself and move on.

You like many others, have no argument, case and point.

you
personally.

bad

PVE is the main focus of the game. Raids are PVE. WVW = PVP.

Get over yourself and move on.

You like many others, have no argument, case and point.

Looking at your post history, you're just another troll account. Move along, nothing to see here...

@Mogrey.3891 said:your argument sorry man but it's not valid. just move on if you don't like the mode. you just fail to understand things and keep telling us to learn to read like you believe we are stupid or something.

Your (lack of an) argument is what's invalid here.

Nice to know that people just don't give a kitten about any one else but themselves.

pve is not the only mode of the game. if you don't like pvp then don't go pvp and stick to pve. no one said to you go get this mount. end of story. get over it

@Mogrey.3891 said:your argument sorry man but it's not valid. just move on if you don't like the mode. you just fail to understand things and keep telling us to learn to read like you believe we are stupid or something.

Nice to know that people just don't give a kitten about any one else but themselves.Please stop that trolling! We had our laughs, thank you, but now it's not funny anymore.

@Mogrey.3891 said:

Nice to know that people just don't give a kitten about any one else but themselves.

pve is not the only mode of the game. if you don't like pvp then don't go pvp and stick to pve. no one said to you go get this mount. end of story. get over it

Except for the fact you know, we have to PVP to get the mount.

Or did you miss the memo?

@KrHome.1920 said:

Nice to know that people just don't give a kitten about any one else but themselves.Please stop that trolling! We had our laughs, thank you, but now it's not funny anymore.

Except, calling something you don't like doesn't make it trolling.

It's just something you don't like

man seriously? it's a pvp focused mount and you complaining about it because as a pver you have to do pvp? then don't do it. it's advertised a WVW mount. you are the one who completely missed the memo.

man seriously? it's a pvp focused mount and you complaining about it because as a pver you have to do pvp? then don't do it. it's advertised a WVW mount. you are the one who completely missed the memo.

Because PVE players should
never
be forced into PVP to get something.

Sounds like you missed the memo because you can't comprehend basic things. PVE is the focus of the game, not PVP. Ergo, PVE should not be forced into PVP.Sounds like you missed the part of the memo which states that the steps and achievements to get the mount include
zero PvP
and instead is
only PvE
. Whether you happen to fight other players while doing those PvE achievements is quite irrelevant.

never

Sounds like you missed the memo because you can't comprehend basic things. PVE is the focus of the game, not PVP. Ergo, PVE should not be forced into PVP.

last time i checked wvw was part of the game. you can blame anet for releasing a wvw focus mount all you want but no one really forcing you to go get it. the sooner you realize that the better.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

never

Sounds like you missed the memo because you can't comprehend basic things. PVE is the focus of the game, not PVP. Ergo, PVE should not be forced into PVP.Sounds like you missed the part of the memo which states that the steps and achievements to get the mount include
zero PvP
and instead is
only PvE
. Whether you happen to fight other players while doing those PvE achievements is quite irrelevant.

This particular poster hasn’t missed anything.

Someone once said trolling is what trolling does.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

never

zero PvP
and instead is
only PvE

This particular poster hasn’t missed anything.

Someone once said trolling is what trolling does.

at least he kept me entertained while farming for the reward track. eb for my match up was boring as hell with all the one push we were doing. hope we didn't drove potential players away :/

Archived