New Warclaw requiring rank Gold or higher?

Edward H Angle.1407

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict the mount being locked behind no rank gate at all (and locking it behind GOLD rank would be unimaginable stupid IMO)It might work like War Gliding (and a total amount of 60 WvW ability points). That's why they have the double WXP buff, so people without maxed out skills can gain more ability points during the week.r1 - unlock mountr2 - unlock engage skillr3 - unlock evade skillr4 - unlock siege skillr5 - unlock synergy with PoF mount masteries (with the LS Track + the synergy effects on the last respective tier, like damage buff etc.)

I don't think that it is technically possible to lock WvW abilities behind collections, to have some kind of "upgrade collection" to unlock the "War Riding" ties behind extra things you have to acquire or do (like upgrading the mounts in PoF and LS).Collection ideas could be:

• Kill an Alpine Warbeast (centaur terrtories) for a token
  • Kill a Harathi Hinterlands Warbeast for a token
  • Buy a saddle with skirmish tickets
  • construct the Warclaw's battle armour by buying parts them with Badges of Honour
  • make food for the Warclaw via a new Cook's recipe, requiring some interesting ingredients
  • bond your personal Warclaw "to your account" with a ritual consuming a Gift of Battle

WvW players might be arguing against "PvE collections" for the mount, but that could also be a chance to make new friends with PvE players "just here to get the mount".New players (PvE) to WvW would need some guidance on how to find the Alpine Warbeast, how to get skirmish tickets, Badges and which track to use to get a GoB. WvW players could profit from PvE players having maxed out Cooking and providing them with the food in return for their help in WvW.

Which brings me back to the mount being locked behind a rank: It is a divisive idea that nobody should really want to be true.

@Mazreal Blackknight.1564 said:Gold would not be a horrible start place. Honestly, they want people to join this game mode. Anything lower and it's a run in grab and go. That's not getting people to join the game mode. PvE raids require a lot of LI for your armor 150 for the first one and 300 for each set after that. You didn't see them lowering that for WvW players. Before or After we got our Legendary armor options in WvW which doesn't have a unique skin, but costs just as much as PvE raid armor. We can't just give the PvE players everything because they want it. Everything I have wanted I had to do the kitten I didn't like to get it. They for once in their kitten life can do the same. I mean I worked my back end off getting my raid armor and my wvw armor, all of my legendary weapons, Aurora, and warbringer. This won't be that hard and if you want it... work for it.

I mean to cry that the Vet world vs world people have an unfair advantage is like complaining about all the raiders who had their LI finished before wing 4 was done... how dare you be ready for something before another person who is new to the game mode.

Don't u see the difference between items that are exclusive and make ur life just simpler, and things that give u advantage I've other ppl?Also making gold rank is not a matter of effort which u want, but lot of time u have to spend

@Shadow Order.7258 said:As a platinum something I think gold would be to much. Bronze would probably be good. It'll allow those that want the mount to get it kinda quickly and would give enough experience to the player to know whether they want to keep playing wvw or not.

Better get a Dash in bronze here, not get IT when you reach bronze

Look, this entire thread is nothing more then someone's guess (while claiming it as facts through friends through, arcane knowledge, through guessing). Everything ANET has done in WvW has been through WvW experience points to fill out the WvW skills and Skirmish tickets. There is a possibility they will have a special reward track, but most likely (my guess based on that experience) is it will require one or both of the above and not some ridiculous rank requirement. P.S. Gorani, your idea was pretty good.

@everyman.4375 said:If it's locked behind rank nobody's going to try WvW again, imagine you're new, you get into WvW and you can't follow any zerg because they all have the mount.

If its obtainable through ranking up, their will also be an influx of new players so I wouldn't worry that you will be left behind. Their are a number of ways to get XP, and some of these I solo every day killing guards, capping camps etc

@Towelie.9504 said:

@"steki.1478" said:I don't see it requiring more than rank 300.

took me 6 months to get that much, the spike was during the double wxp weekend, and i was practically playing like 12 hoursthe very average GW2 players will probably just spend like at most 2-3 hours in WvW on weekdays, and depending on your opponents and the commanderyou could be stuck 3-5 hours to get 2 levels if there's only a single zerg on your server and getting face rolled by the opposing zerg within seconds with the current zerg meta (firebrand+scourge bomb+WoD)
Ll2TXdO.png

for 50%+ of the player population linked their account with GW2Efficiency, it takes 4000+ hours to get 300 ranksThis would be a huge disadvantage for severs with less WvW focus servers or have more newer player population doing WvW, as the mount enables faster traverse over terrains, this translates to response to cap and defend, those have more men on foot have a massive disadvantage
isj4A5H.png

Those numbers are heavily skewed and entirely wrong to make that conclusion because pve weenies enter WvW every so often like once a year. It doesn't take 4000+ hours
in wvw
to get 300 ranks. That's their entire account's play hours and it's including people who have never even set foot in WvW within those statistics. That's not even a useful conclusion in any way at all.

4000+ hours in wvw would be like easily into the 3-4k+ rank area if not higher. 4000 hours is like 166 days of
constant playing
, so we're talking about
years
4-5 hours/day playing to get 4000+ hours on an account. If you're only rank 300 after
4000 hours in wvw
you're likely the most brain dead person in the entire world or just AFK at spawn literally the entire time. Some people can grind out 100 ranks within
a week
of not even hardcore (8+ hours) of constant playing and only casual (3ish or so of 5 of the 7 days of week).

Next time put more than 5 minutes of thought into it before you try to use some overblown statistics. Rank 300 is so incredibly easy to attain it's laughable, my alt alone is over rank 300 and I barely even log into it and I've had it less than a year.

Also the assumption that there are servers with a proportionally higher amount of newer players is completely speculative and isn't backed by literally anything. It's way more likely that the population distribution is the same or similar across almost all servers where maybe Black Gate could be the outlier, especially now that we have relinks every month.

Also if it took you 6 months to get to rank 300 at "12 hours a day" you're either completely exaggerating on your play hours in WvW or logging in during the most dead 12 hours of the game mode, in which case maybe you should go to EU servers (or to NA if on EU). To take 6 months to get to rank 300 is obscene, and you're likely the outlier.

I just checked my own account, rank 4500+ btw with UD (250k+ kills) and my
entire account
playtime is 5473 hours, and a HUGE portion of that playtime wasn't in WvW. Apparently, I am just a complete god at WvW who can gather WvW ranks 10x faster than everyone else.

come move across to SoS or other less WvWer population server, and be the receiving end of your usual BG zergs, and you'll understand how difficult it is to gain WXP on servers that have less WvWer population

so don't expect everyone will have the same experience you are experiencing on your WvWer heavy server

and
READ PROPERLY AND COMPREHEND
before you say anything, I said "the spike was during the double wxp weekend, and i was practically playing like 12 hours"

your very average PvE players that goes into WvW is most likely only after the Gift of Battles for their legendary crafting, which they will use WvW Reward Track Boosters instead of WxP Booster, and they are more focused on maintaining their T6 participation rather going after WxP, hence their WxP do not growth as fast

For them to maintain T6 Participation, they flip a camp every 9min, and lets assume they are using Exp Booster to speed up their reward track progress

so that's 1395/(5000/(200x1.5)x(60/9))=3487.5 hours, and the hours would be longer for them previously because they had to ramp up to T6 every single time they enter WvW

I had time where it literally took an hour or 2 to ramp up to T6 under the old system because the server's dead, and that kept me away from doing WvW

I do not know what's your current family and financial situation

but I have a 9-5 job, with almost an hour transit, after i get home i need to cook, wash the dishes, look after the kids

on weekdays i just jump in for a quick 30min to an hour to get the dailies done, which i get 50-75% of a rank done during that time, unless the daily requires me to gain 2 ranks, which I would use the Box of WvW Supplies

ROFL SoS isn't lack of population in WvW players, it's the lack of actually good players. You guys are T1/T2 currently in this re-link cycle (until 6pm PST tonight), how on earth are you guys "low in population?" Again showing you're not at all familiar with WvW's environment though you are pretending to be.

I am doing fine family and financially wise, I just think you don't know how statistics work clearly and now you're getting upset because I pointed out flaws in your conclusions because of your lack of understanding in how those statistics work Mr "It takes 4000+ play hours to get to rank 300."

exactly!!! SoS is lacking in dedicated experienced WvWers, hence do not gain WXP as fast compare to the other like BG and YB

most of the experienced WvWers had either left or transferred, I remember when i started off WvW i often joined SunnyBoyTzu's squads, now days I see a lot of either offline wvw squad leads or playing on borderlands not matched up with SoS

there are times where the SoS squads would spend a good hour attempting to take a keep, and eventually worn down from the prolonged stalemateno idea why the squad lead keeps on trying when there are less well defended keeps around ¯_(ツ)_/¯

... and there is the inherent rampant issue of players using secondary accounts spying, where the stronger zerg squad just follows and keeps on feeding on the weaker zerg

so please don't slap your experiences on other playersthe more you show off your numbers the more you are showing off your elitism ego, we don't need such behaviour in WvW like the PvP and Raid elitisms

instead, be humble and guide those who are still learning about WvW how to enjoy it, and advice on how they can gain ranks quicklyso we can have a much healthier WvW population in the years to come

it did not take me 4000+ hours to get 300 ranks, no idea where you got the impression from ¯_(ツ)_/¯what the stats show you is there's a large portion of players that went inside WvW are very casual, most likely only after Gift of Battles (no WXP boosters, and my calculation is pretty much in line with it)

if Anet is going after these casuals to convert them, having a high bar for new starters and less experienced WvWer, especially when their server has less competitive advantage, it's not going to convert them

but say, if players can unlock the mount easily, but the skills take a massive amount of rank points (equivalent to gold rank) to unlock, then it's easier for these players to swallow

having the mount with a high bar to unlock just leaves bad taste in their mouth, and will not help grow the WvW community

WvW mounts is going to be GW2's version of WoW's flying mounts moment, either players loath it and love it, when you place the majority of the entire GW2 community inside the inaccessible bucket, it just generate addition dislike towards WvW, and it's not good for the WvW community in the long run...

that's good to know that you are pretty well off, but that was not a question, but a statement, not everyone is in the same situation as you

there are people who are busy due to their work, there are people who are working multiple jobs to make ends meet and can only play a few hours a week, other are people need to take care of family members due to illnesses, some people decide that social interactions in the real world are more important than spending 80% of their down time playing video games, etc

if you cannot realise people are living a different life to you, perhaps it's time for you to explore the world outside the game more often

@Towelie.9504 said:

@Towelie.9504 said:I was hoping it would be platinum.

Gold rank is stupid easy to do, you can grind that out PPTing for 8 hours a day for a month or so with some boosters.

Ye only 8 hours a day, basicaly nothing.

Oh sorry, yeah nevermind lets just give it to anyone who makes an account. Heaven forbid it takes anyone more than a month to get an item in a game.

I agree that it shouldn't be given out to just anyone but 8 hours a day is pretty absurd.

I'm a PvE player, because of the mount news I'm playing WvW and I don't love it, but I'm starting to.I'm rank 26 or so, from DB and I feel like its really fucking hard to level up fast even with boost, foods and all that stuff (I've been playing WvW like 5 hours per day since warclaw news, more or less). So I hope they ask for rank points like gliding or any other mastery point in WvW.And I hope they ask like 15 to 25 points to unlock first tier, 'cause if they ask 350 rank... GG WP to me, like in a year or so I'll have it.

@javier.9786 said:I'm a PvE player, because of the mount news I'm playing WvW and I don't love it, but I'm starting to.I'm rank 26 or so, from DB and I feel like its really kitten hard to level up fast even with boost, foods and all that stuff (I've been playing WvW like 5 hours per day since warclaw news, more or less). So I hope they ask for rank points like gliding or any other mastery point in WvW.And I hope they ask like 15 to 25 points to unlock first tier, 'cause if they ask 350 rank... GG WP to me, like in a year or so I'll have it.

Your focused to much on leveling then enjoying the play bro.

Honestly if its just 15-25 points in a mastery it will just hurt WvW, I don't see any of yous staying to play afterwards if you get it in 2 days (8-13 ranks/pts per night)

Plus the first ranks of WvW level so fast.

350 might be excessive to a new player but 200 would be more reasonable.

@StrawHat.2639 said:Your focused to much on leveling then enjoying the play bro.

Maybe but that's just 'cuz I'm anxious.. when Anet release the way to get warclaw I'll focus totaly on having fun on WvW (even though some times I lose track of time and exp with zergs runs and I love that) if I already meet the requirement.

If you think about PvE mounts, you can get all of them in 3 days or less if you have the gold and the contracts.

Btw and just saying... what if you cratf the mount?

@Pulsefire Jayce.4753 said:I hope it does require Gold rank or higher. I have to map complete and do PvE to get my legendary weapons. You PvE kittens can deal with having to work for something or gtfo of my gamemode.

God forbid you have to play the main focus of the game rather than pvp. You have 0 right to complain.

I hope it requires absolutely nothing other than an annoying grind like gift of battle at worst.

anet needs to finally accept the majority of players aren't interested which is why participation is low. Putting in something nobody asked us to have to pvp for, is not going to get players interested. It's going to be a grind-and-go

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:Most of you are just posting out of spite for this. It will more than likely be locked behind PoF and Mastery points, maybe something along the lines of locating the mount somewhere in WvW and performing a small task to obtain it.

I'd be pretty surprised if it was locked behind masteries. The first two PvE mastery things that spring to mind ( gliding and auto-loot) are both locked behind skill points even if you have the mastery tracks finished. Gating it behind masteries would prevent it being "available exclusively in WvW".

Standard masteries, yes. But WvW rank masteries are a different beast. That may be more of the process

My sources say the mount is locked behind a collection, similar to the roller beetle, however, the collection has WvW related items to gather, and one of them requires to be purchased from the skirmish vendor and is gated behind ranks (Gold)

A collection does make sense, but it has to be done in such a way that it doesn't disrupt the flow of the game play.

For example:collect a "x" from killing the lord of each keep in all 3 borderlands = good!collect a "y" from killing the Overgrown Grub in EBG = bad!

Secretly I hope I get to use the Legendary Spikes accumulating in my inventory.

Serious doubts on locking this behind gold, though it wouldn't be the first foolish design decision ANET made.

@javier.9786 said:

@StrawHat.2639 said:Your focused to much on leveling then enjoying the play bro.

Maybe but that's just 'cuz I'm anxious.. when Anet release the way to get warclaw I'll focus totaly on having fun on WvW (even though some times I lose track of time and exp with zergs runs and I love that) if I already meet the requirement.

If you think about PvE mounts, you can get all of them in 3 days or less if you have the gold and the contracts.

Btw and just saying... what if you cratf the mount?

No crafting mount please that's such a tedious bore...and they said unlockable or something threw WvW so it wont be crafting...or it shouldn't be...

Unlikely it will be linked to WvW ranks, except the masteries. If it could be used in PvE, it might even be a mount for core game players but that's just more speculations. No official news on the new mount on how it works, will there be channelling time to mount or is the mount upgrade-able etc. I'm more worried on, is WvW ready for a big influx of players with the servers connection being unstable lately.

@Pulsefire Jayce.4753 said:I hope it does require Gold rank or higher. I have to map complete and do PvE to get my legendary weapons. You PvE kittens can deal with having to work for something or gtfo of my gamemode.

A small small part of me says yes to this because the totally horrible days of doing pve collections and map completions to get the base legendaries to be able to switch up builds for Wvw easier sigh...but I don't agree it has to be an inbetween between easy to hard...if its too hard and no pve or pvx players stay more than a day they wont get hooked on WvW, if the mount is overpowered/no balances and no influx stay...a lot of people were talking about 3 tiers well am betting on only 2 tiers if the above happens.

Anyways enough said.

Don't forget they mentioned something about all you "Catmanders" out there in the post. Bet you have to buy the tag to get it. It would cost the same as the Griffon; cheaper if you have the regular Commander tag. Just my guess. Then the skills are all in WvW mastery points like gliding is.

@"Zorn.9041" said:Don't forget they mentioned something about all you "Catmanders" out there in the post. Bet you have to buy the tag to get it. It would cost the same as the Griffon; cheaper if you have the regular Commander tag. Just my guess. Then the skills are all in WvW mastery points like gliding is.

I guess that's another way to buy gems for gold if you don't have enough for it...so everyone including their aunt grandmother and stepbrother will have a tag nowadays...50 man tag rainbows all over WvW like when the color tags came out :(

Given that gliding is a mastery, there's not reason to believe that mounts will be otherwise.

The number of points to max out gliding master is 60 points.

Assuming all things equal, mounts would require rank 60 (or 61) to fully unlock war claw and all its skills.

If you don't care about war claw skills, then I imagine you'll need all of 3 points (which is the same just to glide without any other mastery abilities).

Archived