New Warclaw requiring rank Gold or higher?

Edward H Angle.1407

@juno.1840 said:Given that gliding is a mastery, there's not reason to believe that mounts will be otherwise.

The number of points to max out gliding master is 60 points.

Assuming all things equal, mounts would require rank 60 (or 61) to fully unlock war claw and all its skills.

If you don't care about war claw skills, then I imagine you'll need all of 3 points (which is the same just to glide without any other mastery abilities).

You know 3 pts- 3 ranks is way to low to retain anyone in WvW for long...haha 1 week(end) uber influx then dead...The last pts in the mastery should be unlocking it in PvE would make a little more sense...

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Its Nerfing Time.1495 said:

@Pulsefire Jayce.4753 said:I hope it does require Gold rank or higher. I have to map complete and do PvE to get my legendary weapons. You PvE kittens can deal with having to work for something or gtfo of my gamemode.

God forbid you have to play the main focus of the game rather than pvp. You have 0 right to complain.

I hope it requires absolutely nothing other than an annoying grind like gift of battle at worst.

anet needs to finally accept the majority of players aren't interested which is why participation is low. Putting in something nobody asked us to have to pvp for, is not going to get players interested. It's going to be a grind-and-go

The illustrious poster you replied to notwithstanding, the game was sold to us unitialky that all three modes were vital.

That has changed. Significantly. And it has changed as the primary revenue they are likely getting is from PvE content. I wouldn’t try to argue against that.

I would also say that there is nothing requiring you to get this mount, nor the WvW legendary armor, nor the WvW legendary back piece.

It is a vanity item at best. Locking it behind ‘a grind’ in WvW would not be wrong. In fact, it would be fairly consistent to other items that were in fact bound (primarily) to a particular mode.

I would be surprised if it carries a ‘gold rank’ requirement, but not shocked.

I would be more shocked that a significant number of players that do not consider WvW their Primary mode would play it, if Gold is the gate.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:People also mention the mounts as a ‘mastery’ unlock. To use, yes. But the mastery on gliding didn’t give you a glider. It just gave you the ability to USE the glider.

The collection is likely the key, I would doubt it’s the ranks.

It's possible, but I doubt it.

You didn't have to do anything to get your standard mounts either (other than progress thru the PvE story until you hit the heart that awarded the mount). So no reason to expect anything other than the first mastery rank to award the mount.

Part of me wants this mount to be limited to wvw specifically for the health of the mode, but, for the health of the game it's probably best if the mount is usable in pve (with different masters of course). Anyway, since it's obtainable in wvw and assuming it only usable in wvw, more work makes sense, if however it end's up being usable in pve, less work rank wise, but more work than the catmander tag had is a happy medium.

@"Gorani.7205" said:I predict the mount being locked behind no rank gate at all (and locking it behind GOLD rank would be unimaginable stupid IMO)It might work like War Gliding (and a total amount of 60 WvW ability points). That's why they have the double WXP buff, so people without maxed out skills can gain more ability points during the week.r1 - unlock mountr2 - unlock engage skillr3 - unlock evade skillr4 - unlock siege skillr5 - unlock synergy with PoF mount masteries (with the LS Track + the synergy effects on the last respective tier, like damage buff etc.)

I don't think that it is technically possible to lock WvW abilities behind collections, to have some kind of "upgrade collection" to unlock the "War Riding" ties behind extra things you have to acquire or do (like upgrading the mounts in PoF and LS).Collection ideas could be:

• Kill an Alpine Warbeast (centaur terrtories) for a token
  • Kill a Harathi Hinterlands Warbeast for a token
  • Buy a saddle with skirmish tickets
  • construct the Warclaw's battle armour by buying parts them with Badges of Honour
  • make food for the Warclaw via a new Cook's recipe, requiring some interesting ingredients
  • bond your personal Warclaw "to your account" with a ritual consuming a Gift of Battle

WvW players might be arguing against "PvE collections" for the mount, but that could also be a chance to make new friends with PvE players "just here to get the mount".New players (PvE) to WvW would need some guidance on how to find the Alpine Warbeast, how to get skirmish tickets, Badges and which track to use to get a GoB. WvW players could profit from PvE players having maxed out Cooking and providing them with the food in return for their help in WvW.

Which brings me back to the mount being locked behind a rank: It is a divisive idea that nobody should really want to be true.

Yeah was thinking along the same lines. Especially since we can reset WvW abilities for those that aren't maxed out on thing to spend points on. Either a collection or a new WvW mastery line.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Pulsefire Jayce.4753 said:I hope it does require Gold rank or higher. I have to map complete and do PvE to get my legendary weapons. You PvE kittens can deal with having to work for something or gtfo of my gamemode.

God forbid you have to play the main focus of the game rather than pvp. You have 0 right to complain.

I hope it requires absolutely nothing other than an annoying grind like gift of battle at worst.

anet needs to finally accept the majority of players aren't interested which is why participation is low. Putting in something nobody asked us to have to pvp for, is not going to get players interested. It's going to be a grind-and-go

The illustrious poster you replied to notwithstanding, the game was sold to us unitialky that all three modes were vital.

That has changed. Significantly. And it has changed as the primary revenue they are likely getting is from PvE content. I wouldn’t try to argue against that.

I would also say that there is nothing requiring you to get this mount, nor the WvW legendary armor, nor the WvW legendary back piece.

It is a vanity item at best. Locking it behind ‘a grind’ in WvW would not be wrong. In fact, it would be fairly consistent to other items that were in fact bound (primarily) to a particular mode.

I would be more shocked that a significant number of players that do not consider WvW their Primary mode would play it, if Gold is the gate.

Problem being, there are two game modes, pve and pvp. Wvw is pvp.

mounts have gone down pretty well with the community in how they've been implemented, putting one in a pvp game mode is not a good idea to try and grow a game mode because many will just join, grind and leave.look at how well the change to the gift of battle went, and not to mention the animosity that around when pve'rs had to include wvw for world completion.

Problem being, there are
two game modes
, pve and pvp. Wvw is pvp.

mounts have gone down pretty well with the community in how they've been implemented, putting one in a pvp game mode is not a good idea to try and grow a game mode because many will just join, grind and leave.look at how well the change to the gift of battle went, and not to mention the animosity that around when pve'rs had to include wvw for world completion.

There-in lies your problem. Look at the original packaging. The game was sold with three.

And unfortunately the past 4 years has been geared towards one.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Problem being, there are
two game modes
, pve and pvp. Wvw is pvp.

There-in lies your problem. Look at the original packaging. The game was sold with three.

And unfortunately the past 4 years has been geared towards one.

Irrelevant. There are only two. There has always been two. Wvw you can attack and kill other players, making it pvp.

the main focus in a pve game shouldn't be surprising that it's pve.

@StrawHat.2639 said:

@javier.9786 said:I'm a PvE player, because of the mount news I'm playing WvW and I don't love it, but I'm starting to.I'm rank 26 or so, from DB and I feel like its really kitten hard to level up fast even with boost, foods and all that stuff (I've been playing WvW like 5 hours per day since warclaw news, more or less). So I hope they ask for rank points like gliding or any other mastery point in WvW.And I hope they ask like 15 to 25 points to unlock first tier, 'cause if they ask 350 rank... GG WP to me, like in a year or so I'll have it.

Your focused to much on leveling then enjoying the play bro.

Honestly if its just 15-25 points in a mastery it will just hurt WvW, I don't see any of yous staying to play afterwards if you get it in 2 days (8-13 ranks/pts per night)

Plus the first ranks of WvW level so fast.

350 might be excessive to a new player but 200 would be more reasonable.

People might enjoy and Stay within the game mode...but that's Just a theory...

I feel the same toxicity from pve players if the grind would be too long as vice versa

And to be fair; understand eachothers arguments between All the rabbling (in general). For example as wvw player im really sceptic on what the mounts COULD bring in the game mode. And every change should come with a price, if the price is 2 hrs of gameplay, and you dont show your face after, while 'my' game mode is destroyed by ITI'd feel bad honestly

I have been playing since beta of the game and I am almost Platinum. It has taken me that long to reach that so far.

Plus I have a family to take care of so I cannot play like some of the players that have no life except for playing the game 10 to 24 hours a day.

If I was a new player just getting in WvW or been playing a while and had to be gold rank.

I would quit the game because I never be able to keep up with people who have mounts and I loose interest in the game and play something else.

This will cause ArenaNet big loss of player base which is not good for their current layoffs happening.

ArenaNet needs to keep fair for everyone and make it so that it will increase sales of the game through playing the and buying Gems and other things.

I can see everyone getting the mount on day one but the unlock of abilities for the mount is WXP Mastery Points. This would make fair and possible increase WvW player base.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:Most of you are just posting out of spite for this. It will more than likely be locked behind PoF and Mastery points, maybe something along the lines of locating the mount somewhere in WvW and performing a small task to obtain it.

I'd be pretty surprised if it was locked behind masteries. The first two PvE mastery things that spring to mind ( gliding and auto-loot) are both locked behind skill points even if you have the mastery tracks finished. Gating it behind masteries would prevent it being "available exclusively in WvW".

Standard masteries, yes. But WvW rank masteries are a different beast. That may be more of the process

My sources say the mount is locked behind a collection, similar to the roller beetle, however, the collection has WvW related items to gather, and one of them requires to be purchased from the skirmish vendor and is gated behind ranks (Gold)

A collection does make sense, but it has to be done in such a way that it doesn't disrupt the flow of the game play.

For example:collect a "x" from killing the lord of each keep in all 3 borderlands = good!collect a "y" from killing the Overgrown Grub in EBG = bad!

Secretly I hope I get to use the Legendary Spikes accumulating in my inventory.

Serious doubts on locking this behind gold, though it wouldn't be the first foolish design decision ANET made.

can you imagine if they bring in elements of WoW's AV tasks? loot [creature]'s skins, kill x number of [race], loot [rank]'s flesh :lol:

So, since the Griffon mount is exclusive to PvE I should only be required to do LIMITED pve nothing over say 2 hours? Nope it took people longer than 2 hours it also cost them 250 gold.

When legendary armor first came out Raid players from the start were able to save their LI so when wing 4 was finished, they could simply craft their armor. But anyone new was not given a "here's a quick and easy way since your late to the party" option. I got my first set of legendary armor via raids before WvW got their armor... it was a horrible time in a game mode I don't like. But I suffered through learning it all, and getting my clears for MONTHS!!!! For my legendary armor to then have it unlock in WvW... where I made 2 more sets.

WvW does not have an option of getting legendary weapons in say 8 hours or less in PvE... Yet PvE players only have to play 8 hours in a game mode they don't like to get their GoB. Currently fasts time for World Comp is 13 hours on a Mirage... not to mention everything you need to do for some of them. But I wanted my shiny stuff so I suffered through collections, events, bugged events... you get the picture.

If the warclaw is not locked behind some rank and its simply 3 mastery points to unlock then the PvE players will come in getting 3 levels to unlock their new toy... and leave. That is not getting any new blood into the game mode. Since it is going to be used in PvE they want it, because well who the heck knows why it won't have the same skills but fashion! I am going to say to get people to stay the rank needs to be gold, they need to put effort, it should require stuff only found in WvW. Memories of Battle, Gifts of Battle, a commanders tag for all I care... But don't just give them an easy "Sorry your late to the party" slap in the face to vet WvW players. We should be allowed something exclusive.

People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

@"Voltekka.2375" said:People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

I can agree with ur point, but mounts are not only shinies. They actually give advantage over ppl that don't have mount. It can't be for free, but without boosters 1 lvl is about 1h of roaming. 1300lvl can be compared to 1300 h. With boosters and zerging I guess it can be greatly reduced, but still 500h for something that gives u unfair advantage is way to much

A collection does make sense, but it has to be done in such a way that it doesn't disrupt the flow of the game play.

For example:collect a "x" from killing the lord of each keep in all 3 borderlands = good!collect a "y" from killing the Overgrown Grub in EBG = bad!

Secretly I hope I get to use the Legendary Spikes accumulating in my inventory.

Serious doubts on locking this behind gold, though it wouldn't be the first foolish design decision ANET made.

If there's a collection I hope its things like wvw map completion. As people would need every objectives vista it might just encourage fighting. I fear it will be generic 'take 10 towers' or the like which merely promotes going to the next tower with no one defending it.OFC people will still log on quiet times to just ktrain all the specifics objectives too but I do feel there's more opportunity for server interaction to happen with map completion.

@Safandula.8723 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

I can agree with ur point, but mounts are not only shinies. They actually give advantage over ppl that don't have mount. It can't be for free, but without boosters 1 lvl is about 1h of roaming. 1300lvl can be compared to 1300 h. With boosters and zerging I guess it can be greatly reduced, but still 500h for something that gives u unfair advantage is way to much

I think what the person means is have a mastery 5 rank pts to unlock mount in WvW so ev1 competitive and 1000+pts to unlock it for in pve ;P

Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just don't want to be in?

You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just
don't
want to be in?

You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just
don't
want to be in?

No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

"WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

Archived