Roaming/pvp Warrior - sustain, skill speed, viability

kiranslee.4829

Hi all,

As warrior main i actually had hope (as for past 2y) that warrior skills get rework, update and viability from perspective of wvw roaming or pvp. With each update , warrior would get nerf on nerf. Last viable skill on war is boring mechanic of rampage skill.Last few months i was mainly playing boonbeast in wvw , roaming, and on each single occasion i met war it was joke of kiting and draining and finally leaving without stomping coz its just unfair. War is in my opinion completely unviable to fight classes like holo, mesmer, soulbeast, fb/dh/coreG, thief. Ull notice i base things here on viability to 1vx since its what i like in this game the most.So what am i missing here , am i so wrong to see high tier warrior as completely bad and not useful class, easy to drain and kill ?Please community tell me im wrong , that im clueless and that warrior is still viable for roaming , pvp.

I would love to paly my war again, to roam on spb, but call me crazy i feel like ill be just cannon fodder.

I am really sorry for rant but i feel quite bad for current state of warrior.:(

It is know that warrior is one of the worst class to roam 1 vs X.You can survive thanks to endure pains and berserker stance, but the inability to use stealth, heals on skill usage, or defensive boons makes the warrior weak against outnumber fights.

Sure, you can 1 vs 5.I can even 1 vs 7 (killed them all) but they were noobs.However, the moment you face 1 vs 2 and the enemy is competent or a support noob class like guardian, then warrior does not stand any chance at winning.

Im on t1, i run for past 2 months mostly boonbeast. When i see war i go play with it and leave him downed. No point to stomp class that cant kill u. I wonder why would u guys see war as viable , where holo, mirage, soulb, rev, at least ,play with war as a joke? Or you will tell me i cant find good war in wvw ?

@kiranslee.4829 said:Im on t1, i run for past 2 months mostly boonbeast. When i see war i go play with it and leave him downed. No point to stomp class that cant kill u. I wonder why would u guys see war as viable , where holo, mirage, soulb, rev, at least ,play with war as a joke? Or you will tell me i cant find good war in wvw ?

You seem to be talking about 1v1. I'll repeat again, that Core Warrior is one of the best 1v1 builds and has been that way for years. It's not even hard to pilot, the build holds your hand for you. I'm not saying it isn't fun, nor am I saying anything should be nerfed on it currently. I'm saying that you claiming it is so easy to beat on a build that is equally brainless to play 1v1, (and just so happens to hold an advantage over the Warrior) is not a reason to buff Warrior.

@Turk.5460 said:

@kiranslee.4829 said:Im on t1, i run for past 2 months mostly boonbeast. When i see war i go play with it and leave him downed. No point to stomp class that cant kill u. I wonder why would u guys see war as viable , where holo, mirage, soulb, rev, at least ,play with war as a joke? Or you will tell me i cant find good war in wvw ?

You seem to be talking about 1v1. I'll repeat again, that Core Warrior is
one of the best
1v1 builds and has been that way for
years
. It's not even hard to pilot, the build holds your hand for you. I'm not saying it isn't fun, nor am I saying anything should be nerfed on it currently. I'm saying that you claiming it is so easy to beat on a build that is equally brainless to play 1v1, (and just so happens to hold an advantage over the Warrior) is not a reason to buff Warrior.

i cant agree to core being one of the best 1v1 builds.it still has slow animations, is kitable, and most other classes nowadays run faster than warrior.

its not even the biggest issue with warrior, wvw is not about 1v1in everything its about taking/defending objectives, annoying your enemy etc. warrior just fails at that, because he cant rly get away from anything competent that outnumbers him, sure you can stomp noobs, but experienced players will most likely get you anyways. not like all those stealthy boys running around these days.

If you deny the Warriors burst you basically win the fight, especially on things like Sbeast, holo and mesmer. Players have figured this out long ago. With long aftercasts, and slow/obvious animations, its not exactly hard.

Its becoming easier and easier each balance patch......................

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"kiranslee.4829" said:Im on t1, i run for past 2 months mostly boonbeast. When i see war i go play with it and leave him downed. No point to stomp class that cant kill u. I wonder why would u guys see war as viable , where holo, mirage, soulb, rev, at least ,play with war as a joke? Or you will tell me i cant find good war in wvw ?

one of the best
years
. It's not even hard to pilot, the build holds your hand for you. I'm not saying it isn't fun, nor am I saying anything should be nerfed on it currently. I'm saying that you claiming it is so easy to beat on a build that is equally brainless to play 1v1, (and just so happens to hold an advantage over the Warrior) is not a reason to buff Warrior.

i cant agree to core being one of the best 1v1 builds.it still has slow animations, is kitable, and most other classes nowadays run faster than warrior.

its not even the biggest issue with warrior, wvw is not about 1v1in everything its about taking/defending objectives, annoying your enemy etc. warrior just fails at that, because he cant rly get away from anything competent that outnumbers him, sure you can stomp noobs, but experienced players will most likely get you anyways. not like all those stealthy boys running around these days.

The OP is clearly talking about 1v1 and 1vX, not taking/defending objectives/annoying enemies.

I'm not sure which Warriors with 27 minutes of gameplay you're talking about, but Warrior can absolutely escape outnumbered situations. The term "Nike Warrior" still stands, and you don't even need a sword to be one anymore. It has better escape than ele, engi, necro, ranger (distance travelled, not stealth/juke obviously), guardian, and Revenant (even with ambient creatures around). So...there's that.

You'd have to be playing exceptionally well to be able to kite an average or even below-average Core Warrior and be dealing any significant damage to him. That's not to say it doesn't have its advantages, but aside from Mirage - Core warrior is irrefutably the 1v1 profession with the least amount of natural counters.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"kiranslee.4829" said:Im on t1, i run for past 2 months mostly boonbeast. When i see war i go play with it and leave him downed. No point to stomp class that cant kill u. I wonder why would u guys see war as viable , where holo, mirage, soulb, rev, at least ,play with war as a joke? Or you will tell me i cant find good war in wvw ?

one of the best
years

The OP is clearly talking about 1v1 and 1vX, not taking/defending objectives/annoying enemies.

I'm not sure which Warriors with 27 minutes of gameplay you're talking about, but Warrior can absolutely escape outnumbered situations. The term "Nike Warrior" still stands, and you don't even need a sword to be one anymore. It has better escape than ele, engi, necro, ranger (distance travelled, not stealth/juke obviously), guardian, and Revenant (even with ambient creatures around). So...there's that.

You'd have to be playing
exceptionally well
to be able to kite an average or even below-average Core Warrior
and
be dealing any significant damage to him. That's not to say it doesn't have its advantages, but aside from Mirage - Core warrior is irrefutably the 1v1 profession with the least amount of natural counters.

Lots of specs can easily out run warri atm unless u grab bullscharge and use rampage for mobility aswell while running swords/gs/ but solely on gs you wont outrun much.

I honestly think we could use some added range on certain mobility skills.

@BlackTruth.6813 said:Warrior being S tier in 1v1 LOL, now everybody knows you can't be taken seriously.And anyone denying it can equally not be taken seriously. Its easily one of the best 1v1 classes when the player is competent and skilled enough at his build. I'd personally rather fight a condi mirage than a well played warrior - at least they can be sustained to death while they flail their ineffective condis around.

BlackTruth is 100% correct. Every competent player has figured out how to beat Warrior. Kite stances and deny burst = easy win.

Warrior is not even top 3 anymore in 1v1, you are on crack dawdler.

Mirage can easily deny Warrior AH stacks by never getting hit in the first place. Once your crap is on cooldown you die.

Even in Warrior vs Warrior fights, you deny an important burst you generally win.

@BlackTruth.6813 said:

one of the best
years

I lack common sense, I have a reaction time of a turtle, I am bad at counting cds and dodges, and lack knowledge of BASIC mechanics. That's why I think Warrior is op for 6 years since launch but I can't admit that I am lacking skill as a player

Fixed btw.

On topic though, @OP if you are looking for 1v1s, Warrior is not the class for that. Warrior is much better when in team fights and zerging because they can legit snowball a "team fight" into their team's favor by making sure those who are downed NEVER get back up via one of the strongest cleave damage in the game.

I would look into Chrono/Mirage even after the nerf probably. Some Thief specs should still be able to 1v1 and has some of the best chase/escape potentals like chrono/mirage. Chrono/mirage specifically has the means to evade while attacking with instant cast shatters so it's VERY safe to use those classes for WvW roaming 1v1s. Not to mention they escape really nicely and are able to teleport on top of ledges to escape a lot of classes if you mess up your burst; you can reset fights easy this way.

Though if you were to stick to Warrior counting expansions, the best way for Warrior to not get kited or resetted against by teleporting into a ledge in open field WvW would be using Gunflame and REALLY land your shots. You can also use the normal spellbreaker spec which uses dagger/shield + GS, but any player with half a brain can kite that and wait out your defensive cds and bait your dodges via unblockables.

TLDR: Warrior and it's expansions is not a recommended class for 1v1s, they crush zergs though if played right and with the right team comp because of their raw power that other classes can bring out. People who say Warrior is overpowered and "near impossible" to counter in 1v1s are bronze level players that you should not be taking advice from

I feel like all of this is accurate except the part where warriors "crush zergs", we really REALLY do not anymore. We used to be like that sure but now how cleave isn't top tier anymore, our self healing is bad, we don't bring any substantial team buffs or utility, our CC is so hilariously busted it usually doesn't even effect anyone even if we're standing right on top of them ect ect. Basically the only thing we've got is we can soak damage for a little while, but again there are plenty of classes that are better at it than us.

Honestly warrior isn't really good at anything anymore, there's no place for it in any competitive mode. Not saying it can't be "okay" when played extremely well just saying the bar to be successful is way higher and the ceiling for counterplay way more evident on warrior than most other classes atm.

The broken gap closers/movement abilities on Warrior is one of the reasons I started running Axe/Axe-Rifle long ago, I just said screw it. Now I am used to it and it easier to punish kiting enemies on rifle. If I down another Warrior I usually dont stomp if they were downed because of a failed movement ability.

Thank you all for commnets. As someone who played war as roamer for a long time , as it is atm , war is really hit the bottom.Last few days , we have ros as matchup, i seen some really good war players , u see thwy giving 100% and yet , be it my holo or sb, fighting them is a joke. I came to the point where i avoid fights with war fully unless he is +1 (even that is just , ignore war focus on real target).I love war and i know many ppl do too, and all i can say, respect to all of you who still play it.

@"BlackTruth.6813" said:Clearly it's too hard for someone in this thread to simply wait out the stances or count 2-3 dodges and then burst the Warrior.

Warrior being S tier in 1v1 LOL, now everybody knows you can't be taken seriously. AND IN WVW where you can simply walk in a straight line and dodge everything Warrior has without having to press an endurance dodge needing to be "Exceptionally skilled" to do something like that. My god that is next level Wood ELO XD

My advice to you is, l2p, learn to count dodges, improve your reaction time vs. non-instant cast classes and you'll see why you can't be taken seriously.

P.S if you can't take a hint, you are clearly silver/bronze level and that's why you think Warrior is "god" in 1v1s, specially in an area where the WHOLE MAP is the battleground, meaning disengaging vs. a non-instant cast class should be easier. It's okay to be a bad player though, it's natural not everybody is good, only thing that matters is whether you notice it yourself or not.

P.S#2 WARRIOR #1 in 1v1 WVW LOL

Edit: Oh, it seems that you don't have much experience in WvW. It's ok, if you play a bit more, you might learn the basics. Until then, I advise you run with a group, you will not succeed on your own just yet :3

@kiranslee.4829 said:

@Turk.5460 said:aside from Mirage - Core warrior is irrefutably the 1v1 profession with the least amount of natural counters.I would add holo, soulbeast, thief, dh, to list of counters. In general, any other elite class.

You would be wrong to add those. Soulbeast is on the cusp of being a soft-counter. But any experienced WvW dueler can say they have seen skilled Warriors beat skilled Soulbeasts plenty of times. Just because Warrior doesn't inherently counter those classes, doesn't mean that those classes are it's counters.

And as usual, "least amount of counters" but can't back up with actual facts, in game mechanics, and just flat out can't admit bronze mentality. Just another snowflake thinking he's good but he's not

stillbronzein2019 #nothingtoseehere #nicetrygettingwarriornerfedlowkey #bottompercentileskilllevel

@"BlackTruth.6813" said:And as usual, "least amount of counters" but can't back up with actual facts, in game mechanics, and just flat out can't admit bronze mentality. Just another snowflake thinking he's good but he's not

stillbronzein2019 #nothingtoseehere

You seem very defensive. Are you upset?

I'm not sure why there are still some people claiming that Warrior is still very good. It's literally the easiest class to kill on every other class (even against another Warrior).

I've mained Warrior for 3 years and each year is getting worse (little moment of glory when Spellbreaker came out but now it's low tier).

Honestly, anyone who says Warrior is still a very good proffession clearly don't play as one very often. Just to add to it, I recently make a soulbeast (never played one before) and beaten many Warriors in first try without loosing. The same could be said for when I first started playing Mesmer, Warrior was still the easiest other proffession to kill.

Archived