Dagger Storm

Sylanna.1947

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sylanna.1947 said:When every single thief in pvp is running the same elite, it's time to do something about this ridiculous god-mode skill. And the fact that improv can instantly recharge it is just BS. I don't know how there aren't more complaints about it since it's been over-tuned for so long.. I guess there were bigger fish to fry?

srsly? even now u cry bout thieves? it's the most nerfed class and useless class due to such complains like yours over the span of 3-4 years. leave thief alone.. its already buried deep down and always fights against the odds. thief uses basi venom - ppl complain. thief uses dagger storm - ppl complain. 1200steal range? lets make it 600. let's nerf vigor regen. let's put backstab on cooldown. let's nerf dagger dmg. let's nerf lead attacks. let's put exhaustion on dodge. wut do u want more? it doesnt even have a burst like it once had yet dies in 2 hits..at this point if u cant deal with a thief u must be really the worst player ever. any1 can counter thief.

@Dave.6819 said:

@Sylanna.1947 said:When every single thief in pvp is running the same elite, it's time to do something about this ridiculous god-mode skill. And the fact that improv can instantly recharge it is just BS. I don't know how there aren't more complaints about it since it's been over-tuned for so long.. I guess there were bigger fish to fry?

srsly? even now u cry bout thieves? it's the most nerfed class and useless class due to such complains like yours over the span of 3-4 years. leave thief alone.. its already buried deep down and always fights against the odds. thief uses basi venom - ppl complain. thief uses dagger storm - ppl complain. 1200steal range? lets make it 600. let's nerf vigor regen. let's put backstab on cooldown. let's nerf dagger dmg. let's nerf lead attacks. let's put exhaustion on dodge. wut do u want more? it doesnt even have a burst like it once had yet dies in 2 hits..at this point if u cant deal with a thief u must be really the worst player ever. any1 can counter thief.As long as it can reset every fight at will and be capable of killing a target it's still too strong.

Thief is balanced, when you have to pick skills and traits that cripple your mobility to be a threat (= a drawback).

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:You know, S/D won't be meta anymore without DS. I mean it could be the "most effective tactic available" for thief, but that ain't saying much.

Come on Anet, nerf this skill and we can finally have some thief free games.No reason to keep absurd broken interaction just because you think it would be unviable without this OP combo.Same for mesmer with scepter, nerfed to be utter garbage. Same should happen with DS

Thief is a class of crutches that manage to compensate for the amount of nerfs its gotten over the years. Those crutches hide that everything else the Thief has is utter garbage. It's kept afloat by the braindead easy engage-disengage and poke potential of sword/dagger(or pistol) 2, the evade on sword 3, shortbow 5 mobility, dagger storm, and the instant nature of Steal that allows the thief extremely easy engage potential to land several otherwise wimpy attacks at once in single burst that's becoming more medicore by the patch. Honorable mentions for Shadowstep, Improv resets, and consume plasma stolen skill.

Anet needs to stop screwing around with just changing numbers and address mechanical imbalances.

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:You know, S/D won't be meta anymore without DS. I mean it could be the "most effective tactic available" for thief, but that ain't saying much.

Come on Anet, nerf this skill and we can finally have some thief free games.No reason to keep absurd broken interaction just because you think it would be unviable without this OP combo.Same for mesmer with scepter, nerfed to be utter garbage. Same should happen with DS

Your list of things that needs to be nerfed on that principle should be much longer. A couple in your forum icon for starters.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:You know, S/D won't be meta anymore without DS. I mean it could be the "most effective tactic available" for thief, but that ain't saying much.

Your list of things that needs to be nerfed on that principle should be much longer. A couple in your forum icon for starters.Yes it is, scrapper as well,spellbreaker(rampage,arcdivider etc) but this thread about DS isnt it ?But you know what made me laugh ? Anet think rev doesnt need 'trade offs'

@KrHome.1920 said:

srsly? even now u cry bout thieves? it's the most nerfed class and useless class due to such complains like yours over the span of 3-4 years. leave thief alone.. its already buried deep down and always fights against the odds. thief uses basi venom - ppl complain. thief uses dagger storm - ppl complain. 1200steal range? lets make it 600. let's nerf vigor regen. let's put backstab on cooldown. let's nerf dagger dmg. let's nerf lead attacks. let's put exhaustion on dodge. wut do u want more? it doesnt even have a burst like it once had yet dies in 2 hits..at this point if u cant deal with a thief u must be really the worst player ever. any1 can counter thief.As long as it can reset every fight at will and be capable of killing a target it's still too strong.

Thief is balanced, when you have to pick skills and traits that cripple your mobility to be a threat (= a drawback).

So basicly, if you don't use shortbow and Unhindered Combatant(picking something else instead), you should be a threat? Oh my... according to your logic thief is in dire need of buffs.

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:You know, S/D won't be meta anymore without DS. I mean it could be the "most effective tactic available" for thief, but that ain't saying much.

Your list of things that needs to be nerfed on that principle should be much longer. A couple in your forum icon for starters.Yes it is, scrapper as well,spellbreaker(rampage,arcdivider etc) but this thread about DS isnt it ?But you know what made me laugh ? Anet think rev doesnt need 'trade offs'

No, I am for the nerf. Let them nerf it.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Until Thief is removed, redesign- nothing new!

move on to a healthy fun competitive pvp game

(Thief is a toxic bad design profession for 7 years and going strong. Seriously what would you except? A healthy fun competitive match with them in it??)

Exactly how much have you drunk today? Cuz MATE this is like.... eh. I have not word strong enough yet polite enough to describe the feelings in my brain your coment has caused.GOING WELL. OP FOR OVER 7 YEARS....I think i need a bleach

That moment when you need to resort to a guy killing new players and upleveled characters to prove a class is OP

@Dave.6819 said:

srsly? even now u cry bout thieves? it's the most nerfed class and useless class due to such complains like yours over the span of 3-4 years. leave thief alone.. its already buried deep down and always fights against the odds. thief uses basi venom - ppl complain. thief uses dagger storm - ppl complain. 1200steal range? lets make it 600. let's nerf vigor regen. let's put backstab on cooldown. let's nerf dagger dmg. let's nerf lead attacks. let's put exhaustion on dodge. wut do u want more? it doesnt even have a burst like it once had yet dies in 2 hits..at this point if u cant deal with a thief u must be really the worst player ever. any1 can counter thief.

You forgot about the removal of the best trait to ever exist on thief, Ricochet...

@praqtos.9035 said:Just nerf improvisation to not being able to recharge elite or remove evade from daggerstorm entirely.Revert every change on it but speed it up and compensate with damage.

Theres counter play to the evade mechanic such as Static Field..

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@praqtos.9035 said:Just nerf improvisation to not being able to recharge elite or remove evade from daggerstorm entirely.Revert every change on it but speed it up and compensate with damage.Theres counter play to the evade mechanic such as Static Field..What is this bulls*t ? Why nerf ANYTHING if your stupid excuse is JUST DODGE IT? Just block it ? Just use invuls ! At this point they should have buffed scepter on mesmer by 100% instead of nerfing and leave a hint: just dodge it,casul.DS itself is could be fine on its cooldown but if its never would be recharged by improvisation. Getting back heal/utility/elite on 20s cd (rng but I dont care ,this happening frequent enough to be an issue)

@barei.8967 said:

Until Thief is removed, redesign- nothing new!

move on to a healthy fun competitive pvp game

(Thief is a toxic bad design profession for 7 years and going strong. Seriously what would you except? A healthy fun competitive match with them in it??)

Exactly how much have you drunk today? Cuz MATE this is like.... eh. I have not word strong enough yet polite enough to describe the feelings in my brain your coment has caused.GOING WELL. OP FOR OVER 7 YEARS....I think i need a bleach

That moment when you need to resort to a guy killing new players and upleveled characters to prove a class is OP

Usually he's posting vids from 2015 to suport his claims as if their still relevant lmao

@praqtos.9035 said:

@praqtos.9035 said:Just nerf improvisation to not being able to recharge elite or remove evade from daggerstorm entirely.Revert every change on it but speed it up and compensate with damage.Theres counter play to the evade mechanic such as Static Field..What is this bulls*t ? Why nerf ANYTHING if your stupid excuse is JUST DODGE IT? Just block it ? Just use invuls ! At this point they should have buffed scepter on mesmer by 100% instead of nerfing and leave a hint: just dodge it,casul.DS itself is could be fine on its cooldown but if its never would be recharged by improvisation. Getting back heal/utility/elite on 20s cd (rng but I dont care ,this happening frequent enough to be an issue)

Well for other classes it's more than just evade it. Really I'd be more like dodge,block or use a invulnerability skill lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Well for other classes it's more than just evade it. Really I'd be more like dodge,block or use a invulnerability skill lol

Reflect works nicely aswell...

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Reflect works nicely aswell...

Also true

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Reflect works nicely aswell...Thats remind me about cmirage axe that got 67% nerf that also could be easly reflected.As I said before 1 daggerstorm is fine, its overloaded af , reflect-damage bouncing on enemies-conditions-evasion-50% movespeed boost for 4s and contest point while doing so but its never should be recharged by improvisaiton each 20 seconds.Stop with your stupid excuses like dodge/block/invul/reflect(like everyone pack tons of it and avail always) to justify broken skills/mechanics

Well one could argue arguing about a garbage class that has a op carry skill like being OP when most players are using classes like fb,scourge,holo/scrapper and soulbeast who are mostly built of broken skills and traitlines further breaking those skills to a point where only skills and synergies that almost one burst high sustain builds stick out ie unblockable sicken soulbeast lmao

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Well one could argue arguing about a garbage class that has a op carry skill like being OP when most players are using classes like fb,scourge,holo/scrapper and soulbeast who are mostly built of broken skills and traitlines further breaking those skills to a point where only skills and synergies that almost one burst high sustain builds stick out ie unblockable sicken soulbeast lmao

Garbage class to newbies players that controls them , then yes .But in comptent player it can rect any class that that dont have toughness .And without those classes ( like Snipers , other lightfooted ) , then bunkers roam freely , like the classes you mention above .

(hint give more mobiliti to other classes too , and no auto attack cast time)

@praqtos.9035 said:

Reflect works nicely aswell...Thats remind me about cmirage axe that got 67% nerf that also could be easly reflected.As I said before 1 daggerstorm is fine, its overloaded af , reflect-damage bouncing on enemies-conditions-evasion-50% movespeed boost for 4s and contest point while doing so but its never should be recharged by improvisaiton each 20 seconds.Stop with your stupid excuses like dodge/block/invul/reflect(like everyone pack tons of it and avail always) to justify broken skills/mechanics

Theres nothing broken about it and they aren't excuses they are tools you have available to use.

You just listed 4 for example.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Naw even to long time players of the class it's pretty bad nowadays especially when u switch and get used to the advantages other classes have been given.

Again , if thief didnt shutdown , other ''light'' character , you wouldnt see those bunker .And we would see a more rotating with each season meta .

Just buff other specs to have such mobility , and those bunker with be out of job

Archived