WvW feels boring after No Downstate Week

Lonecap.4105

@steki.1478 said:

@steki.1478 said:I personally enjoy getting rezzed after being killed from stealth on my glass cannon build and then carry the fight afterwards. I guess each to their own.

Not everyone enjoys ganking just like not everyone enjoys zerging.

You get punished by playing glass then say you enjoy your free ress wat.

Then punish all classes by giving them same base health and same passive traits.

That's not how it works? Lower health often has range or more sustain/mobility/evade.

Range doesn't make you invulnerable for 8 seconds. Sustain doesn't come without healing power. When it comes to mobility ele and guard are among less mobile classes (funny enough ranger has both better range and mobility while having higher base health and sustain in zerk/marauder gear).

Warrior has all 3 while having high health and long damage immunity, but necro has none. Why should a class that's useless on its own and relies on support, rallying and reviving be in same situation with a class that's tanky on its own, does damage and is mobile enough to kill people and get out without being touched? Why would a class that relies on having 1k defensive stats in order to have some sustain be in same situation like class that has the most stats in game and has comparable sustain in berserker armor while also having superior mobility, damage and boon uptime?

If you want removal of downed state then balance out classes so they don't have access to sustain in berserker gear, so they cant get 25 might with 1 button, so they cant close gap of 2k range within 2 seconds every 10 seconds etc. Remove invulns from classes that have too many base defensive options so if they decide to be glass cannon they can actually be glassy...

My ele has infinitely more sustain than my longbow ranger, what are you talking about? My ele also isn't slow because i actually slot in some escapes which gives me a long dash and 2 teleports, while also having like 8 different evades, protection, permaswiftness, infinite heals on no real cds, barriers and permaswiftness.

Necro has aoe damage, ranged damage, boon corrupts, barriers and 20k base HP, they have their own advantages, there is a reason they are the most played thing in WvW, yet no one cares about them.

Warrior dies to kiting and lacks proper emergency heals, burst them down after the invul is off. They also have no range to speak of. They aren't weak by any means but also not OP, FC needs a buff tbh. Only berserker is slightly overtuned rn which should be fixed anyways.

Don't compare celestial build sustain to berserker build sustain. Necro has advantage only with a support, warrior doesn't need one. Necro dies to kiting a lot easier because it has no mobility, blocks or invulns unlike warrior who can't even be immobilized or crippled.

Why do classes that rely on support to do damage (glass ele, any necro) be useless on their own just because they are good in groups? On the other side, why would a class be worthless in large scale (ranger) only because it's strong in roaming?

There's a lot of balance issues to be dealt with before no down state can be even considered as permanent feature.

Don't expect sustain if you run berserker gear?

Also, why is a class that is broken in 1 situation and meh in the othera bad thing? Because that's literally how balance works, tradeoffs and build choices, variety.

If you can't understand that the fact that every build is good at specific things but not good at everything and that that is how PvP balance works then idek.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anput.4620 said:

@steki.1478 said:I personally enjoy getting rezzed after being killed from stealth on my glass cannon build and then carry the fight afterwards. I guess each to their own.

Then punish all classes by giving them same base health and same passive traits.

That's not how it works? Lower health often has range or more sustain/mobility/evade.

Range doesn't make you invulnerable for 8 seconds. Sustain doesn't come without healing power. When it comes to mobility ele and guard are among less mobile classes (funny enough ranger has both better range and mobility while having higher base health and sustain in zerk/marauder gear).

Warrior has all 3 while having high health and long damage immunity, but necro has none. Why should a class that's useless on its own and relies on support, rallying and reviving be in same situation with a class that's tanky on its own, does damage and is mobile enough to kill people and get out without being touched? Why would a class that relies on having 1k defensive stats in order to have some sustain be in same situation like class that has the most stats in game and has comparable sustain in berserker armor while also having superior mobility, damage and boon uptime?

If you want removal of downed state then balance out classes so they don't have access to sustain in berserker gear, so they cant get 25 might with 1 button, so they cant close gap of 2k range within 2 seconds every 10 seconds etc. Remove invulns from classes that have too many base defensive options so if they decide to be glass cannon they can actually be glassy...

My ele has infinitely more sustain than my longbow ranger, what are you talking about? My ele also isn't slow because i actually slot in some escapes which gives me a long dash and 2 teleports, while also having like 8 different evades, protection, permaswiftness, infinite heals on no real cds, barriers and permaswiftness.

Necro has aoe damage, ranged damage, boon corrupts, barriers and 20k base HP, they have their own advantages, there is a reason they are the most played thing in WvW, yet no one cares about them.

Warrior dies to kiting and lacks proper emergency heals, burst them down after the invul is off. They also have no range to speak of. They aren't weak by any means but also not OP, FC needs a buff tbh. Only berserker is slightly overtuned rn which should be fixed anyways.

Don't compare celestial build sustain to berserker build sustain. Necro has advantage only with a support, warrior doesn't need one. Necro dies to kiting a lot easier because it has no mobility, blocks or invulns unlike warrior who can't even be immobilized or crippled.

Why do classes that rely on support to do damage (glass ele, any necro) be useless on their own just because they are good in groups? On the other side, why would a class be worthless in large scale (ranger) only because it's strong in roaming?

There's a lot of balance issues to be dealt with before no down state can be even considered as permanent feature.

Also, why is a class that is broken in 1 situation and meh in the othera bad thing? Because that's literally how balance works, tradeoffs and build choices, variety.

If you can't understand that the fact that every build is good at specific things but not good at everything and that that is how PvP balance works then idek.

I dont expect it and Im aware of tradeoffs, but why do warrior or holosmith for example get high sustain without investing into defensive gear. Why do some builds have to trade mobility for damage while others have both? I know how pvp balance works, but we dont have that balance right now.

@steki.1478 said:

I dont expect it and Im aware of tradeoffs, but why do warrior or holosmith for example get high sustain without investing into defensive gear. Why do some builds have to trade mobility for damage while others have both? I know how pvp balance works, but we dont have that balance right now.

Because warrior at least is pure melee, has no protection (apart from trait, guard counter?) And stances are easy to proc and bait out.

Holo, engie for that matter has it's own weakness, and as a necro you should be shutting them down with crazy boon corrupt - though that's easier said then done since pof came out.

Yes! I FULLY support no-downed-state. Why? It's a legit counter to zergs. It gives smaller groups and roamers a chance to fight back. All too long we've been subjected to the scourge/firebrand/scrapper combos. I don't care what anyone says, that zerg combination is nearly impossible to take down. No downed state punishes stupidity and I LOVE that!

@steki.1478 said:

If you dont see why a melee heavy class needs more dmg reducing skills or mobillity than a ranged class i dont think anyone can help you dude.

@RedShark.9548 said:

If you dont see why a melee heavy class needs more dmg reducing skills or mobillity than a ranged class i dont think anyone can help you dude.

There's no such thing as melee class and ranged class in gw2.

Yes, I've come to realize that I no longer want to play this game (and I play for WvW only nowadays) after downstate week was over. There are just too many mechanics favouring bigger groups and downstate is the most obscene out of them all. It sucks when you have to fight a group x3 more size of yours, see them keep getting downstated and then revived in a matter of couple seconds. And dont get me started on night try-hard servers, even if you try fighting those groups there is no chance you will be able to finish a downstate because you know it's hard to cleave somebody when there are at least 4 reviving them.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Just putting it out there. I had a blast last week with friends, literally 5 of us could take apart 20-25 players without them power rezzing (and by the way, not a single one of us was on Soulbeast during this event). The people who were using good spatial awareness and who were quick to react dominated the players who weren't so good with awareness and reaction time. That's how it should be.

Now this week, it's back to a numbers game, and the people who die constantly can enjoy their handicap.

Personally, I'm strugging to enjoy WvW again after experiencing the fun of No Downstate, and seeing how fun and intense WvW can be.

Honestly if you and your 5 friends are only effective during downstate week, then it’s you who’s getting carried, not the other way around.

If you really were good enough, you’d be able to fight your 5v20 with the downstate.

No downstate week was so boring I basically didn’t play...because everyone is to scared to engage each other for fear of dying instantly from some rando-one shot scrub.

LMAO so much bullshitSo If 5 can kill 20 then it's those 5 who are getting carried and not that bunch of 20 that puts zero effort and waits for cheese revive by fbs/scrappers? Moreover it's your own fault for not properly evaluating the situation. I mean do you even BOTHER looking at what you are fighting again to predict possible outcomes or all you see is red names and just hit 11111. If you see a thief you should position yourself accordingly, without giving them an opportunity to backstab you and they are not that threatening if if backstab came from other way than behind. Most of those oneshot scrubs are squishy as hell as well (implying they are oneshottable by most builds as well).And no, I am not running any of those builds but I am sick and tired of fighting bigger groups just to see some plebs getting revived all the time.

@steki.1478 said:

Yes there obviously is, rifle warriors are just a gimmick build, warrior has mostly viable melee builds for example no ranged metabuild, same with guardian, thats why i said "melee heavy class", because they have gimmicky builds that some special snowflakes play, otherwise they have to go balls deep.And then there are classes that use mostly range, for example necro and ele. And yes in roaming ele play to midrange to melee, but they have a ton of defensive stuff for that, in zergs they are mostly playing staff, which has 1200 range and hits like a truck.

So again, if you dont see why warrior or guard, that have to pass through your whooole 1200 range to do ANYTHING, then there is no helping you

@RedShark.9548 said:

Yes there obviously is, rifle warriors are just a gimmick build, warrior has mostly viable melee builds for example no ranged metabuild, same with guardian, thats why i said "melee heavy class", because they have gimmicky builds that some special snowflakes play, otherwise they have to go balls deep.And then there are classes that use mostly range, for example necro and ele. And yes in roaming ele play to midrange to melee, but they have a ton of defensive stuff for that, in zergs they are mostly playing staff, which has 1200 range and hits like a truck.

So again, if you dont see why warrior or guard, that have to pass through your whooole 1200 range to do ANYTHING, then there is no helping you

I'd like to hear those tons of defensive stuff that mid range ele has. Also mobility and damage stuff on melee ele. Also mobility stuff on melee guard. What about reaper, it's just as tanky as warrior?

And I'm talking about actual mobility, not one skill on 50 second cooldown.

Why do soulbeast and mirage also have huge mobility even though they are mostly using ranged builds?

@steki.1478 said:

I'd like to hear those tons of defensive stuff that mid range ele has. Also mobility and damage stuff on melee ele. Also mobility stuff on melee guard. What about reaper, it's just as tanky as warrior?

And I'm talking about actual mobility, not one skill on 50 second cooldown.

Why do soulbeast and mirage also have huge mobility even though they are mostly using ranged builds?

Dd ele is quick af, has a load of vigor, can get crit immunity, has a boatload of condi removal, heals a ton, auren, blink

Focus has a real dmg immunity, not like that pseudo kitten that you always call out warrior for, hes still vulnerable to cc and condi dmg, jfyiAnd dont come with defiant stance, in a 1v1 its useless and in bigger fights, whatever switch targets, who cares if he lives 5 seconds longet in the blob

Sorry, you seem to be an ele main and have no clue about the stuff you actually have available to choose

You know, there are other things than full berso staff ele

@"RedShark.9548" said:

Dd ele is quick af, has a load of vigor, can get crit immunity, has a boatload of condi removal, heals a ton, auren, blink

Focus has a real dmg immunity, not like that pseudo kitten that you always call out warrior for, hes still vulnerable to cc and condi dmg, jfyiAnd dont come with defiant stance, in a 1v1 its useless and in bigger fights, whatever switch targets, who cares if he lives 5 seconds longet in the blob

Sorry, you seem to be an ele main and have no clue about the stuff you actually have available to choose

If it's useless how come every warrior has 2 endure pains, 10+ second resistance and at least 5 seconds of stability? Why would you need condi immunity when 99% of the builds nowadays are power based?

You're mentioning d/d ele which has population of whole 5 players between both megaservers. "Load of vigor" lol...like ele is the only class which has vigor or can actually do damage when dodging, like idk..warrior? Crit immunity? You're actually talking about core ele? That build hasnt been useful since 2014... Just because it exists doesnt mean it's good. Warr also has crit+cc immunity..on a passive trait even.

There's a reason why ele is shit tier in pvp while warrior is among stronger builds.

And since you mentioned d/d ele...what gear stats does it use compared to warrior to achieve same amount of defense that warrior gets for free?

@steki.1478 said:

@"RedShark.9548" said:

If it's useless how come every warrior has 2 endure pains, 10+ second resistance and at least 5 seconds of stability? Why would you need condi immunity when 99% of the builds nowadays are power based?

You're mentioning d/d ele which has population of whole 5 players between both megaservers. "Load of vigor" lol...like ele is the only class which has vigor or can actually do damage when dodging, like idk..warrior? Crit immunity? You're actually talking about core ele? That build hasnt been useful since 2014... Just because it exists doesnt mean it's good. Warr also has crit+cc immunity..on a passive trait even.

There's a reason why ele is kitten tier in pvp while warrior is among stronger builds.

And since you mentioned d/d ele...what gear stats does it use compared to warrior to achieve same amount of defense that warrior gets for free?

Warriors whole class flavour is literally being a meaty pack of basestats.

My sword weaver is 2x as tanky as my spellbreaker.

@Anput.4620 said:

@"RedShark.9548" said:

There's a reason why ele is kitten tier in pvp while warrior is among stronger builds.

And does half the damage.

@steki.1478 said:

@"RedShark.9548" said:

And does half the damage.

2x the sustain half the damage, sounds about balanced.

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Just putting it out there. I had a blast last week with friends, literally 5 of us could take apart 20-25 players without them power rezzing (and by the way, not a single one of us was on Soulbeast during this event). The people who were using good spatial awareness and who were quick to react dominated the players who weren't so good with awareness and reaction time. That's how it should be.

Now this week, it's back to a numbers game, and the people who die constantly can enjoy their handicap.

Personally, I'm strugging to enjoy WvW again after experiencing the fun of No Downstate, and seeing how fun and intense WvW can be.

Honestly if you and your 5 friends are only effective during downstate week, then it’s you who’s getting carried, not the other way around.

If you really were good enough, you’d be able to fight your 5v20 with the downstate.

No downstate week was so boring I basically didn’t play...because everyone is to scared to engage each other for fear of dying instantly from some rando-one shot scrub.

LMAO so much kittenSo If 5 can kill 20 then it's those 5 who are getting carried and not that bunch of 20 that puts zero effort and waits for cheese revive by fbs/scrappers? Moreover it's your own fault for not properly evaluating the situation. I mean do you even BOTHER looking at what you are fighting again to predict possible outcomes or all you see is red names and just hit 11111. If you see a thief you should position yourself accordingly, without giving them an opportunity to backstab you and they are not that threatening if if backstab came from other way than behind. Most of those oneshot scrubs are squishy as hell as well (implying they are oneshottable by most builds as well).And no, I am not running any of those builds but I am sick and tired of fighting bigger groups just to see some plebs getting revived all the time.

Reviving has always been part of the game whether you like it or not.

If you fight bigger groups you have to own up to the challenge....last thing we need is more catering to scrubs.

LMAO so much kittenSo If 5 can kill 20 then it's those 5 who are getting carried and not that bunch of 20 that puts zero effort and waits for cheese revive by fbs/scrappers? Moreover it's your own fault for not properly evaluating the situation. I mean do you even BOTHER looking at what you are fighting again to predict possible outcomes or all you see is red names and just hit 11111. If you see a thief you should position yourself accordingly, without giving them an opportunity to backstab you and they are not that threatening if if backstab came from other way than behind. Most of those oneshot scrubs are squishy as hell as well (implying they are oneshottable by most builds as well).And no, I am not running any of those builds but I am sick and tired of fighting bigger groups just to see some plebs getting revived all the time.

Reviving has always been part of the game whether you like it or not.

If you fight bigger groups you have to own up to the challenge....last thing we need is more catering to scrubs.

Sorry but scrubs are people who die often.

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:Sorry but scrubs are people who die often.

And scrubs are also people that can’t secure a stomp or cleave out downstates.

There's nothing skilled about stomping or killing people who can't even move or do anything. The only time it might be "skilled" is if you stomp someone who is getting power rezzed by ten people in the middle of a blob after you and your roamer buddies managed to generate enough damage to down people.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Sorry but scrubs are people who die often.

And scrubs are also people that can’t secure a stomp or cleave out downstates.

There's nothing skilled about stomping or killing people who can't even move or do anything. The only time it might be "skilled" is if you stomp someone who is getting power rezzed by ten people in the middle of a blob after you and your roamer buddies managed to generate enough damage to down people.

On the contrary though, its neither skilled running lolz high dps/high mobility builds too (not saying you are) most roamers I saw with the no downstate was holos/soulbeast/rev stealthed by a scrapper and the odd warrior when it came to "roaming grps" there is hardly any risk there at all when even 1 of the classes can 100-0 others in seconds