Suggestion to populate the new maps with hubs

So, I've been playing gw2 since it's launch, and one thing that I think the game has always lacked are city hubs in the expansion maps. For example, in Heart of Thorns, it would be cool to see a place with everything Lion's Arch has in like Jaka Itzel, or in the Path of Fire expansion, the Free City of Amnoon would be an amazing place to see something like that.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:There's a Mystic Forge in the Lounge (in Amnoon).

I'd guess that for HoT, it's Guild Halls, and for PoF, it's Lily of the Elon, and Guild Hall.With so many VIP Lounges now, I'd guess there isn't much incentive for ArenaNet to replicate Lion's Arch elsewhere.

Except that guild halls aren't hubs, they lack crafting stations, a bank (you need to use scribing station for it), and a trading post. And many other things are missing, like mystic forge, laural vendor, dungeon vendors ,etc.. the guild halls are almost useless compared to cities, really.

There's small towns in open world that have more services available than a guild hall.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:There's a Mystic Forge in the Lounge (in Amnoon).

I'd guess that for HoT, it's Guild Halls, and for PoF, it's Lily of the Elon, and Guild Hall.With so many VIP Lounges now, I'd guess there isn't much incentive for ArenaNet to replicate Lion's Arch elsewhere.

HoT still has the Noble's Folly lounge with crafting and a forge etc, so I guess there's that as well.

Adding hubs specifically feels like a waste. How about they just make sure that there’s vender, TP, and bank access available? All that would require is adding NPC’s to perform the function. As far as other services (e.g. crafting), why do they need to be there and would they fit in with the theme of the map?

I do agree it would be nice to have 1 big city in each expansion where this is all present (idk Amnoon and Tarir as options). In core maps theres several spots that have all options (minus mystic forge). The only thing Amnoon misses is craft stations. (its handy to be able to refine your mats close to where you do your meta's, gathering etc).

@apassequatro.5842 said:So, I've been playing gw2 since it's launch, and one thing that I think the game has always lacked are city hubs in the expansion maps. For example, in Heart of Thorns, it would be cool to see a place with everything Lion's Arch has in like Jaka Itzel, or in the Path of Fire expansion, the Free City of Amnoon would be an amazing place to see something like that.

They have these. They just in the Gem Store.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Adding hubs specifically feels like a waste. How about they just make sure that there’s vender, TP, and bank access available? All that would require is adding NPC’s to perform the function. As far as other services (e.g. crafting), why do they need to be there and would they fit in with the theme of the map?

I feel the same.In HoT zones, it doesn't feel appropriate to have full city services, since there aren't full cities in the Jungle. (And that pretty much goes for the LS3 maps, too.) For PoF, Amnoon has all the NPCs/stations in the Lily of the Elon... even if it's gated behind gems.

I felt having three hubs in GW1 diluted the importance of LA or Great Temple of Balthazar, and split up the population. The only reason I can see to add more "hubs" would be to draw people towards a particular area and having multiple hubs would actually undermine that goal.