Skyscale Mount and Jumping Puzzle Question

In order to get the skyscale, do you have to do a jumping puzzle?

I seriously hope not because I am quite possibly the world’s WORST puzzle jumper — I’ve been playing GW2 for 6+ years and have only just barely managed to complete one because I avoid them like the plague.

UPDATE: Instead of doing any JPs, I was able to use Extra-Pungent Skyscale Treats — which can be bought off the TP — and got my skyscale during Memorial Day weekend. All’s well that ends well!

you have to do the one at mount maelstrom.. a small jumping puzzle on the ascalonian wall and you have to basically almost fully finish the dwelve or whatever it is... that snow place in dessert highland... you gotta basically clear that which involves jumping puzzles.

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

@"Ouija.1684" said:Guess what? I’m officially undoomed! Various fabulous people ported me where I needed to go, proving that the GW2 community is the best ever. You guys rock!

Hooray! And I hope you create a new character and name her/him "Officially Undoomed." Happy gaming!

I may just do that. Also, I love that you’re the Witch of Doom.

Collection #4 requires a host of Jump Puzzles needing to be completed, however you can skip them using Pungent Skyscale Treats.

The issue here is those treats may skyrocket in Trading Post price as you need one per JP Skip. They cost 1 Charged Quartz each with a minimum of 4g per creation; in addition to other materials required.

So... you're either going to have to deal with the JPs, dump in more gold for this Collection, or make Charged Quartz for the next while.

@Rukario.1695 said:Collection #4 requires a host of Jump Puzzles needing to be completed, however you can skip them using Pungent Skyscale Treats.

The issue here is those treats may skyrocket in Trading Post price as you need one per JP Skip. They cost 10 Charged Quartz each with a minimum of 4g per creation; in addition to other materials required.

So... you're either going to have to deal with the JPs, dump in more gold for this Collection, or make Charged Quartz for the next year.

How many jumping puzzles are there in Collection #4? And what are the materials needed to make Pungent Skyscale Treats?

@Ouija.1684 said:

@"Rukario.1695" said:Collection #4 requires a host of Jump Puzzles needing to be completed, however you can skip them using Pungent Skyscale Treats.

The issue here is those treats may skyrocket in Trading Post price as you need one per JP Skip. They cost 10 Charged Quartz each with a minimum of 4g per creation; in addition to other materials required.

So... you're either going to have to deal with the JPs, dump in more gold for this Collection, or make Charged Quartz for the next year.

How many jumping puzzles are there in Collection #4? And what are the materials needed to make Pungent Skyscale Treats?

My mistake, it wasn't 10 for each one, it's 1 Charged Quartz.

• 1 Smell-enhancing Culture
  • 1 Charged Quartz
  • 2 Red Meat
  • 10 Bloodstone Dust

There are 9 JPs to complete.

To see the full list of requirements, please see this Reddit post:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/bqo422/troublesome_skyscales_collection_thread/

@Rukario.1695 said:

@Rukario.1695 said:Collection #4 requires a host of Jump Puzzles needing to be completed, however you can skip them using Pungent Skyscale Treats.

My mistake, it wasn't 10 for each one, it's 1 Charged Quartz.
  • 1 Smell-enhancing Culture
  • 1 Charged Quartz
  • 2 Red Meat
  • 10 Bloodstone Dust

There are 9 JPs to complete.

To see the full list of requirements, please see this Reddit post:

I know I've done most of these, and I generally prefer to beat a JP legitimately.

I haven't got to part 4 yet, but I'm just hoping for the love of shit that you don't need the bomb for griffonrook with this collection...

I'm pretty sure nobody really has to do a single JP for this. There will be lots of mesmer portals and people who advertise that they are at the end and that you can use a teleport to friend. I mean, that was the point, right? Create a demand for teleporting to a friend and sell a rechargable teleport to friend item.

• 3 weeks later...

Worst idea Anet has had a lot of us are not good a jp's my self included and to force us to do them is messed up i hate them soooooooooooo much i will likely quit this game.....laugh at me if you like but i refuse to beat my head on a game mode i hate

@Jayhammy.4375 said:Worst idea Anet has had a lot of us are not good a jp's my self included and to force us to do them is messed up i hate them soooooooooooo much i will likely quit this game.....laugh at me if you like but i refuse to beat my head on a game mode i hate

You can skip almost all of them with mounts and for the 3 JPs you can't skip they even gave you an option to spend gold to skip them anyway...

@Jayhammy.4375 said:Worst idea Anet has had a lot of us are not good a jp's my self included and to force us to do them is messed up i hate them soooooooooooo much i will likely quit this game.....laugh at me if you like but i refuse to beat my head on a game mode i hate

Can I have your stuff?

(you can skip the jps or ask nicely in map chat for someone to port you. That's what I did)

Use the Pungent Skyscale Treats - you get 1 for free and can buy or craft more. Each one will auto-complete an objective in the collection.

Last time I checked it would cost about 120-150g to complete the whole collection that way (depending on if you use buy orders or buy instantly).

@Danikat.8537 said:Use the Pungent Skyscale Treats - you get 1 for free and can buy or craft more. Each one will auto-complete an objective in the collection.

Last time I checked it would cost about 120-150g to complete the whole collection that way (depending on if you use buy orders or buy instantly).

I used the treats and got my skyscale during Memorial Day weekend. All’s well that ends well!

@Ouija.1684 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:Use the Pungent Skyscale Treats - you get 1 for free and can buy or craft more. Each one will auto-complete an objective in the collection.

I used the treats and got my skyscale during Memorial Day weekend. All’s well that ends well!Congrats!

Would you mind adding a line about the solution to your opening post so others that only read the first post won't rage-quit before finding the solution? :wink:

Archived